Interview

• 7 Replies
Interview
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »
Hello! I was wondering if anyone would like to participate in an interview. I'm currently a college student writing an English paper about cultures or subcultures, and I chose those who believe that the Earth is flat! There is no judgement from me to you, I just would like these questions answered please!

-What is the demographics of the flat earth society?
-Where did this theory begin and why?
-What is something that everyone in the society can identify with?
-Why are you in this society (specifics)?
-Why do you believe the Earth is flat?
-Is this society growing, or shrinking?
-Do you get judged often for having an unpopular opinion?
-How do other members, outside of this culture, treat you for being apart of this society?

Thank you so much!!

NOTE: I know that most of these answers can be found online, but I need an interview as a source on my paper, sorry ;v;
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:35:11 PM by RynSilver »

Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
Growing everyday, but most are members on government salaries that make posts here to debate the truth. Which is this
The sun and moon are further than in your diagrams. This is the best artist rendition I've seen to date of what our true earth looks like. Except water doesn't fall off the side of it and these are extremely thick and high walls of permafrost in the Antarctic that protect the disk earth from losing it's water. It is also unknown what is actually underneath these huge Antarctic ice walls, and is most likely something else that protects us. There is also a slight curve to the disk earth due to the footing of the elephants on the turtle which should be obvious since a shell is curved to begin with. Which I also mentioned in another thread. The sun and moon revolve around the disk but also alternate in height in back and forth cycles.
Which people are still silly enough not to believe and I've spent my first night in a long time trying to get people to understand the truth.*shake my head*

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
Also most of the other information you want to know can be read up in wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_societies There have also been many movement relaunches in the past few years leading up from 2004 to 2016

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
For my paper an interview is required as a source ^v^'

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:43:45 PM »
A lot of people are just here to debunk or troll. So you're going to have a hard time. Most people don't even know the history behind flat earth theory or the myth of flat earth explained through religious texts.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:32:52 PM »
Growing everyday, but most are members on government salaries that make posts here to debate the truth. Which is this
The sun and moon are further than in your diagrams. This is the best artist rendition I've seen to date of what our true earth looks like. Except water doesn't fall off the side of it and these are extremely thick and high walls of permafrost in the Antarctic that protect the disk earth from losing it's water. It is also unknown what is actually underneath these huge Antarctic ice walls, and is most likely something else that protects us. There is also a slight curve to the disk earth due to the footing of the elephants on the turtle which should be obvious since a shell is curved to begin with. Which I also mentioned in another thread. The sun and moon revolve around the disk but also alternate in height in back and forth cycles.
Which people are still silly enough not to believe and I've spent my first night in a long time trying to get people to understand the truth.*shake my head*

Are you really, honestly, truly  saying that you really, honestly, truly believe that the picture you posted is "what our true earth looks like."
Do the moon and the sun "set" each night or day by going under the turtle on one side and "rise" the next morning or evening  by coming up from below the turtle on the other side ?
And where is the dome covering the earth ?

Or is it just a joke and posted just for the fun of it ? ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:50:16 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »

Are you really, honestly, truly  saying that you really, honestly, truly believe that the picture you posted is "what our true earth looks like."
Do the moon and the sun "set" each night or day by going under the turtle on one side and "rise" the next morning or evening  by coming up from below the turtle on the other side ?
And where is the dome covering the earth ?

Or is it just a joke and posted just for the fun of it ? ;D

No, like I said. The sun and moon rotate around the turtle but rise and fall in height as the days/seasons change. Due to the turtle changing direction on purpose to cause this effect and since the moon and sun are on opposite sides of the disc. When one goes up the other is risen. But they still rotate and orbit the turtle and disc.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »
Hello! I was wondering if anyone would like to participate in an interview. I'm currently a college student writing an English paper about cultures or subcultures, and I chose those who believe that the Earth is flat! There is no judgement from me to you, I just would like these questions answered please!

-What is the demographics of the flat earth society?
-Where did this theory begin and why?
-What is something that everyone in the society can identify with?
-Why are you in this society (specifics)?
-Why do you believe the Earth is flat?
-Is this society growing, or shrinking?
-Do you get judged often for having an unpopular opinion?
-How do other members, outside of this culture, treat you for being apart of this society?

Thank you so much!!

NOTE: I know that most of these answers can be found online, but I need an interview as a source on my paper, sorry ;v;

I've said before I'd like to do an interview but I'd ask to remain anonymous. PM me.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.