South pole (And earth's magnetic field)

• 5 Replies
?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
South pole (And earth's magnetic field)
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:45:02 PM »
Dear FE:s, first I want some questions answered.

Is following picture your generally/officially accepted world map? (Edit: apparently not)

Is it you generally/officially accepted point of view that the antarctic is a massive ice wall, that is impossible to cross? (Edit: apparently not)

Is it your generally/officially accepted point of view that there exists something such as earth's magnetic field? (Edit: a bit yes?)

Over to my point;

According to the flat disk map and FE claims, the antarctic is an impossible-to-cross enormous wall of ice, guarded by the government. According to a globe model of the earth, the antarctic is a rather large continent.
Since the antarctic is visited by hundreds or thousands of tourists every year, it is easy to see yourself or listen to the tourists what the antarctic is, and everyone who has visited antarctic or flown over it during a flight between, say, south africa-australia, can verify that the antarctic is indeed a continent and noone has ever witnessed a giant wall of ice, being impossible to cross and sorrounding everything. Therefore the antarctic can't be the edge of the earth.

And according to FE claims, there is no magnetic field on earth. Anyone can see that it exists a magnetic field, that do protect us from dangerous radiation from the sun, in two ways:
1. Travel either to the arctic or the antarctic, or to the northen-most canada, scandinavia or russia. If you are lucky during a night, you will be able to see the famous aurora, which is made out of visible light emitted when radiation from the sun hits the earth's protective magnetic field.
2. Look at a compass. A compass points towards earth's magnetic southpole (Which is the same as the earth's geographic north pole) Without a magnetic field a compass wouldn't work.

Therefore the earth has a magnetic field, and the antarctic can't be the border of the earth.

EDIT:

Extra question:

If the antarctic is not the border of the earth, then what is the border?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:41:47 AM by Master_Evar »
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Mikey T.

Re: South pole (And earth's magnetic field)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »
First, depending on who you ask, there is no officially accepted FE map.  That one from the wiki has been criticized to a point to show it is an unfeasible model for most who accept the criticisms points.  So for now, no this is not the accepted map, and you will most likely never see one that the majority will agree on.
Second, not all see Antarctica as an ice wall, some think it is an island.
Third, I haven't seen claims that the magnetic field doesn't exist, there are however many competing views on what causes it.
Side note though, I think there is no accepted flat Earth map is because you will not find one that will work with reality, without some supernatural start trek like transportation happening due to one of the endless properties of aether.  Just my opinion though

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »
First, depending on who you ask, there is no officially accepted FE map.  That one from the wiki has been criticized to a point to show it is an unfeasible model for most who accept the criticisms points.  So for now, no this is not the accepted map, and you will most likely never see one that the majority will agree on.
Second, not all see Antarctica as an ice wall, some think it is an island.
Third, I haven't seen claims that the magnetic field doesn't exist, there are however many competing views on what causes it.
Side note though, I think there is no accepted flat Earth map is because you will not find one that will work with reality, without some supernatural start trek like transportation happening due to one of the endless properties of aether.  Just my opinion though

Okay, thank you.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
In that case, what would the border of the earth be? If the earth is a flat disk, there has to be an edge.

When in doubt; sources!

Mikey T.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:45 PM »
That, I cannot answer since I do not hold the belief that the Earth is anything other than a spheroid shape.  I was just trying to save some time since it would have been rather insulting coming from most of the FE people here.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:44 PM »
Is following picture your generally/officially accepted world map?
It's the most commonly quoted, but there's no consensus.

Is it you generally/officially accepted point of view that the antarctic is a massive ice wall, that is impossible to cross?
There's not really any 'official'. It's one of the more common theories, but it's not held by some. It might just be a plain of ice, or there might be nothing.
Many say Antarctica where tourists visit is either a portion of the ice wall, or just a separate island, however.

Is it your generally/officially accepted point of view that there exists something such as earth's magnetic field?
I believe this is accepted, from observation. I've seen multiple FEers attempt to explain it, at least.

If the antarctic is not the border of the earth, then what is the border?
Some say the Earth is infinite, at least one person says the edge is at the equator, some say the border might just be sea pushed up by the same thing that causes Universal Acceleration. Don't look for consensus. It's a pain to keep track of all the theories, but it's one of the more fun things to do here.
Some, for example, say that the Earth is the floor of a dome, so that would be the edge.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!