Internet reaction to FES

• 34 Replies
?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
we're expected to throw up our hands and just BELIEVE.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Internet reaction to FES
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
You must be so proud of yourself, I bet you're the first person to point that out.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »
You must be so proud of yourself, I bet you're the first person to point that out.
Thought it was funny that they think people actually believe in FET. No need to be rude.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »
Alright, I apologize.

I think it's funny that ManikArcanik explained it to them, but they ignored him, as usual.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
Quote from: ManikArcanik
Besides, it ain't what it used to be -- the Old Boys that made it great either croaked or moved on, IMHO.

:'(

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »
Why would we care what people on the internet think? Those with open minds are here being saved. Those who would rather take the blue pill can carry on looking foolish on internet chat rooms. I pity them but I can't help sniggering; I'm not a very nice man.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »
Why would we care what people on the internet think? Those with open minds are here being saved. Those who would rather take the blue pill can carry on looking foolish on internet chat rooms. I pity them but I can't help sniggering; I'm not a very nice man.

Quote from: Manik Arcanik
For many FES members that is exactly the point; it's very much another FSM-style satirical commentary. The deal is (or was, years ago) that to be in the FES you must never, ever give away the ruse.

Keep up the good work, Thork!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
If you understood the work, you'd be keeping it up as well. It's not too late to come over to the flat side, you know.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 11:50:49 AM »
If you understood the work, you'd be keeping it up as well. It's not too late to come over to the flat side, you know.
secretly, i believe in FE, but argue for RE.

i wish

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
You know it's flat.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
You know it's flat.
I keep confusing myself thanks to you.  >:(

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 12:16:50 PM »
There are some serious cretins on that comments section.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
If someone can prove to me that I don't believe the Earth is flat, they're welcome to try. Until they do, I'm going to continue believing that I believe the Earth is flat.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
I believe in you, Lord Wilmore.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
No one has "worked on satellites". The gravity is too small. It is abuse of science like that that strengthens my vigilance against RET.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
I believe in you, Lord Wilmore.

Faith is what keeps our society strong.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Agnostic

• Sylvain P. - French Engineer & Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
You probably meant "Faith is what keeps FES going"?
"The earth is flat indeed. Saying it is a sphere was the worst mistake of our modern science." 1893. Pr. Orlando Ferguson, Academy of Science

"The world is flat." 2005. Thomas Friedman

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »
No, if I meant that I would have written it. I find this is a good policy.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:13:17 AM »
Legendary.  You just stole the position from PizzaPlanet in my esteem as chief Troll.  PizzaPlanet is good, but you just take it that little bit further.  You are a credit to your hobby my good man (or woman, to be the fuck honest I have no idea what sex you are....maybe you're hermaphrodite for all I know)

Keep up the excellent work.
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:52 AM »
Legendary.  You just stole the position from PizzaPlanet in my esteem as chief Troll.  PizzaPlanet is good, but you just take it that little bit further.  You are a credit to your hobby my good man (or woman, to be the fuck honest I have no idea what sex you are....maybe you're hermaphrodite for all I know)

Keep up the excellent work.

How dare you question Thork's sincerity? He is one of the world's most esteemed Zetetic Scientists! He's never even heard of you!

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
esteemed Zetetic Scientists
No such thing exists.
You are a credit to your hobby my good man (or woman, to be the fuck honest I have no idea what sex you are....maybe you're hermaphrodite for all I know)
Calm down, Thork is a dude.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »

How dare you question Thork's sincerity? He is one of the world's most esteemed Zetetic Scientists! He's never even heard of you!
Nor I him until I discovered this little backwater of the internet ;-)
First human spacewalker, Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov: “Lifting my head I could see the curvature of the Earth's horizon. ’So the world really is round,’ I said softly to myself, as if the words came from somewhere deep in my soul. "

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »
If someone can prove to me that I don't believe the Earth is flat, they're welcome to try. Until they do, I'm going to continue believing that I believe the Earth is flat.
Can you prove to me that I don't believe that you believe the Earth is flat? Otherwise, I will continue to believe that I believe that I believe that you believe that you believe that the Earth is not not flat.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
Can you prove to me that I don't believe that you believe the Earth is flat? Otherwise, I will continue to believe that I believe that I believe that you believe that you believe that the Earth is not not flat.

That makes no sense. If you believe that I believe the Earth is flat, why would you "continue to believe that I believe that I believe that you believe that you believe that the Earth is not not flat"? That is absurd, and I believe that you believe it to be absurd as well.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »

That makes no sense. If you believe that I believe the Earth is flat, why would you "continue to believe that I believe that I believe that you believe that you believe that the Earth is not not flat"? That is absurd, and I believe that you believe it to be absurd as well.
I believe you when you say you believe that I believe it to be absurd.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »

I believe you when you say you believe that I believe it to be absurd.
I believe you when you say you believe that he believes that you believe it to be absurd, but I don't believe that he believes himself to believe that the earth is flat.  I do believe that he believes you to believe it to be absurd. I am of the belief that you or him believing you to believe him to believe you thinking it's absurd has no relevence to the argument about whether believing in a flat earth is believable or not.  I believe it is quite entertaining though...

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 05:31:47 AM »
I believe you when you say you believe that he believes that you believe it to be absurd, but I don't believe that he believes himself to believe that the earth is flat.  I do believe that he believes you to believe it to be absurd. I am of the belief that you or him believing you to believe him to believe you thinking it's absurd has no relevence to the argument about whether believing in a flat earth is believable or not.  I believe it is quite entertaining though...
Try reading that 3 times fast.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »

I tried to sig this.  Goddamn short character limit...
Recently listened to:

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »

Nor I him until I discovered this little backwater of the internet ;-)

You'd probably never heard of Dr. Wnek, either. This simply means that you are not an active member of the scientific community.

?

thefireproofmatch

• ಠ_ರೃ
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:24 AM »

I tried to sig this.  Goddamn short character limit...
Screenshot.