Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 03:21:52 AM

Who will win the election?

• 1841 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Who will win the election?
« Reply #1650 on: January 11, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »
Looks like the Trump campaign will need to find someone else to launder process their web site donations.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/stripe-stops-processing-payments-for-trump-campaign-website-11610319116
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #1651 on: January 11, 2021, 08:54:42 AM »
So he still has free speech, there are just more steps involved to get his speech out.

Yes... he simply has to do what every other President in the history of the Unites States has done... go in front of people and talk.

Trump wanting to tweet from his bedroom instead of stand before the people and talk isn't infringing on his first amendment rights.

It's absurd to think the President is muzzled.  He can go on any talk show or news program any time he wants.  He can hold a press conference any time he wants.  He has the ability to reach more people than anyone else in the country. 

He's just sulking.

In fairness, the last time Trump stood before people and spoke, he incited a riot.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1652 on: January 11, 2021, 08:57:19 AM »
The only thing I can say about these "patriots", least they actually went after the people that wronged them in their eyes, instead of burning their neighbors house down.

Are there many people in the US who think like you?    Just curious.

I would hope this is common sense, so I would hope most people.

If you have a problem with someone/something you deal with that person/thing and not your neighbor or some random person on the street.

Can you share the error in this?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1653 on: January 11, 2021, 09:05:09 AM »
If you have a problem with someone/something you deal with that person/thing and not your neighbor or some random person on the street.
The thing is, congress doesn't run presidential elections.  That responsibility is left to the states.  If you have any problems with the way the election turned out, then you need to take up any changes or reforms you want at the state level.  Congress certifying the electoral college vote is (supposed to be) purely ceremonial.

Lorddave

« Reply #1654 on: January 11, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
The only thing I can say about these "patriots", least they actually went after the people that wronged them in their eyes, instead of burning their neighbors house down.

What if your neighbors are the ones who wronged you?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1655 on: January 11, 2021, 09:21:07 AM »

The error is that the police they attacked certainly didn't wrong them.  They DID attack random people on the street.  And random people inside the building. 

They attacked MY house. That building is MINE, it serves the people. They damaged property my taxes pay for, and my taxes will have to repair. 

The error is thinking there is anything at all honorable with angry armed insurrectionists trying to overthrow a democratically elected President.  They are scum, and shouldn't be praised because they threw rocks at one target instead of another. 

Yeah I get it, you hate the BLM movement and what it stands for.  Old news.  It's just that this riot puts the lie to the whole Party of Law and Order claim.  Right wing terrorists have been a problem for decades, this is yet another example.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1656 on: January 11, 2021, 09:29:00 AM »
There's supposed to be a pro Trump rally at Twitter headquarters today. Other than this article, I haven't seen anything else about it https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-headquarters-trump-rally-san-francisco/
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1657 on: January 11, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
SF is gearing up, but nothing happening yet.

S.F. police brace for possible pro-Trump demonstration at Twitter headquarters
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Police-brace-for-possible-pro-Trump-demonstration-15861143.php

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1658 on: January 11, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »
Trump's silence is getting a little weird.  Yeah he's banned from twitter but he can call up any news network and just talk to them.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1659 on: January 11, 2021, 10:15:24 AM »
But do any of the news networks (FoxNews) want to talk to Trump?

Who knows, maybe someone on his staff finally convinced him to STFU for the next week or so.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1660 on: January 11, 2021, 10:18:20 AM »
He's still the president and networks like ratings.  Someone would pick up the phone.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1661 on: January 11, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
Trump's silence is getting a little weird.  Yeah he's banned from twitter but he can call up any news network and just talk to them.

Hes probably working on his next masterplan on how to become a dictator/american hitler.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1662 on: January 11, 2021, 10:20:34 AM »
Maybe he was Q all along, and he's still leaking important information to all of the Qanons behind the scenes

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1663 on: January 11, 2021, 10:21:42 AM »
But do any of the news networks (FoxNews) want to talk to Trump?

Who knows, maybe someone on his staff finally convinced him to STFU for the next week or so.

Fox Entertainment will talk to Trump any time he wants, not because they like him, but they LOVE the money his followers bring when they watch.

I mean, all those "BUY GOLD" scams advertising on Fox only do so because of how gullible their audience is.  Fox needs Trumps worshipers.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1664 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:59 AM »
Oh fantastic.  Now I'm reading that since they had to throw social distancing out the window during the siege that all of congress probably has covid now.

« Reply #1665 on: January 11, 2021, 10:35:54 AM »
He's still the president and networks like ratings.  Someone would pick up the phone.
All he has to do is call a press conference and most of the world's media will be queuing to get in.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1666 on: January 11, 2021, 11:06:59 AM »

He could always use the Emergency Broadcast System!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1667 on: January 11, 2021, 12:04:28 PM »
I will say, this warms my blackened heart:

The New York State Bar Association is investigating Rudy Giuliani.
Citing his role in the “violent uprising” that occurred last week at the Capitol, the New York State Bar Association, the country’s largest trade organization for lawyers, announced Monday that it had begun investigating President Trump’s lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, which could lead to his removal from the group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/the-new-york-state-bar-association-is-investigating-rudy-giuliani.html

Probably nothing will come of it, but maybe some public shaming of "America's Mayor" will rattle his prattle.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1669 on: January 11, 2021, 12:59:38 PM »

He could always use the Emergency Broadcast System!
Or send a presidential text alert.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1670 on: January 11, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
Just gonna leave this here.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1671 on: January 11, 2021, 01:16:46 PM »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1673 on: January 11, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
Shit, it ain't over yet https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protests-planned-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin/story?id=75179771
They should be out arresting these people.

Yeah in light of this I'm inclined to give the tech companies some slack in silencing these maniacs.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1674 on: January 11, 2021, 02:06:57 PM »

Lorddave

« Reply #1675 on: January 11, 2021, 02:24:23 PM »
Meanwhile at the State Department https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/state-department-website-trump-term-ending-employee

Both diplomats said that an investigation into the matter could be a challenge, considering how many people have administrative access to the content management system used for the State Department’s official website.
This statement is frightening.
Why?  Because it means either they have no tracking on who makes changes (fucking wikipedia has that) or they all share one login.
Nit sure which is worse.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1676 on: January 11, 2021, 02:25:21 PM »
Shit, it ain't over yet https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protests-planned-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin/story?id=75179771
They should be out arresting these people.

Yeah in light of this I'm inclined to give the tech companies some slack in silencing these maniacs.
I could honestly go either way here. If tech companies were to allow it, and the FBI were to take action on people plotting to commit violent acts and attack the foundations of our government, letting them all continue to discuss their plans out in the open on social media is a great way to make sure it's out in the open. If, however, it's all just going to be ignored by officials and lead to even greater amounts of domestic terrorism due to the lack of consequences, then yeah, if I'm the CEO of one of the tech giants, I'm getting that shit off my platform because I don't want to be associated with, or even have to try and sleep at night feeling like I enabled, this movement.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1677 on: January 11, 2021, 02:26:18 PM »
Meanwhile at the State Department https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/state-department-website-trump-term-ending-employee

Both diplomats said that an investigation into the matter could be a challenge, considering how many people have administrative access to the content management system used for the State Department’s official website.
This statement is frightening.
Why?  Because it means either they have no tracking on who makes changes (fucking wikipedia has that) or they all share one login.
Nit sure which is worse.

Everybody was making fun of Parler for using Wordpress, who knew the govt did too?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1678 on: January 11, 2021, 02:31:49 PM »
The head of DHS has stepped down.

I feel as though we're on an airline with no pilots.  Hopefully we can coast 9 days with no discernable leadership.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1679 on: January 11, 2021, 02:36:54 PM »
The head of DHS has stepped down.

I feel as though we're on an airline with no pilots.  Hopefully we can coast 9 days with no discernable leadership.
We're in good hands, I'm sure of it.