Ok. I really don't understand this whole thing.

• 49 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Ok. I really don't understand this whole thing.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »
Hmm... how should i interpret this? When there is no proof for FET

There's a whole library of evidence in my signature link.

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
South is all around??... So if you go east, you are goin to end up in the south?

Unfortunatley you are missing the FE point. The explanation is that if you are traveling East/West on the FE by compas heading you will be making tiny course corrections allong the way and never get closer to the north or south. Your path will be a circle.

By the FE model you would not be able to detect that you have gone in a circle becaue your local view experience of it is a very straight line. If you are traveling along the equator on the FE you would be traveling along a 6225 mile radius. which means after traveling for 10 miles (52800 feet) you would have only had to correct your course by a total of 42.4 feet to stay on a true East/west heading. This correction is less than a tenth of a percent of distance traveled. They will also contend that the necessary course correction will be undetectable when the error is multiplied by poor navigation, inconsistent magnetics in the earth, and any other of hundreds of ways that the activity could be acted upon.

The Curretn FE models are very good at duplicating RE conditions.
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »
East and West are also curved in the Round Earth model. Consider the following:

You are standing atop of a Round Earth 20 feet from the point of Magnetic North. You wish to travel Eastwards continuously. Where does your path take you?

?

zork

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 07:21:56 AM »

You are standing atop of a Round Earth 20 feet from the point of Magnetic North. You wish to travel Eastwards continuously. Where does your path take you?
In some cases not to the east. If we have some high landmark exactly to the east and very far from our current location and if we start going toward it then we are not going to the east soon but we are deviated from the east direction when we finally arrive. And if we look at the compass all the time then we don't arrive at all.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 07:23:18 AM »

In some cases not to the east. If we have some high landmark exactly to the east and very far from our current location and if we start going toward it then we are not going to the east soon but we are deviated from the east direction when we finally arrive. And if we look at the compass all the time then we don't arrive at all.

What the hell are you talking about? The conversation is about East/West travel.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »
East and West are also curved in the Round Earth model.

Yeas that is absolutley true. The difference is this: North of the equator of the RE facing East; your path east will curve left. South of the equator on the RE facing east ; your path east will curve right. On the FE all east/west paths curve arround one point.
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 07:33:41 AM »
I really dont have time for reading all these 'FET proofs' of which NONE was proven on forum(they were disproven everytime they were discussed), and proofs that FET is impossible, on the contrary, were showed more that once, and there was no response for them. Instead of this, i'll read books containing some real science and truth. Proved one.
In next 24 hours i'll request for permanent ban for me, and i'm suggesting same thing to other people who are still sane to not waste their time.
If you will have some logical explanation for one of 3 problems in FE ( sinking ship illusion + atmosphere causing earth to look flatter than rounder, stars motion in the night + blueshift/redshift + lightspeed violation, HAM radio) send me some e-mail.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »
I really dont have time for reading all these 'FET proofs' of which NONE was proven on forum(they were disproven everytime they were discussed), and proofs that FET is impossible, on the contrary, were showed more that once, and there was no response for them. Instead of this, i'll read books containing some real science and truth. Proved one.
In next 24 hours i'll request for permanent ban for me, and i'm suggesting same thing to other people who are still sane to not waste their time.
If you will have some logical explanation for one of 3 problems in FE ( sinking ship illusion + atmosphere causing earth to look flatter than rounder, stars motion in the night + blueshift/redshift + lightspeed violation, HAM radio) send me some e-mail.

You can read Earth Not a Globe for most of that. A copy is available in my signature link.

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:32 AM »
Why should i read already disproven proofs?

?

zork

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2009, 07:46:02 AM »

What the hell are you talking about? The conversation is about East/West travel.
Yes, but not on equator. If you go to the east or west on somewhere else and you mark your destination before leaving and don't follow compass all the time then after some time you are not traveling to the east anymore. And if you follow then you don't reach to the point you marked at start. FAQ states - If you follow your compass due east or due west, ending up at the same point you started from, you've just gone around the world in a circle. And what is circle? Curved line. So, how can you go straight when you follow compass? And how can you follow curved line when you don't follow the compass but you mark your destination at the start?
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »
Why should i read already disproven proofs?

They weren't.

Yes, but not on equator.

If you travel East or West on the RE equator you're still making a circle around the North Pole.

?

zork

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
Yes, but not on equator.
If you travel East or West on the RE equator you're still making a circle around the North Pole.
  What does that matter? I asked about situation when you are not on equator. You look at your compass, you turn to the east and mark your destination point which is some landmark very far. It's straight line from you to destination. Now you start going to the east. And follow the compass always. And soon you start noticing that you deviate a little by little from your destination which you marked at start. Because you follow the circle when you follow the compass.
 And what about map? If you want to fly from Africa to South America then why you must put your destination to the west when you can draw straight line on your map and that line doesn't point to the west but more like WNW direction.
-

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »
What does that matter? I asked about situation when you are not on equator. You look at your compass, you turn to the east and mark your destination point which is some landmark very far. It's straight line from you to destination. Now you start going to the east. And follow the compass always. And soon you start noticing that you deviate a little by little from your destination which you marked at start. Because you follow the circle when you follow the compass.

You're talking nonsense. No one does that.

?

zork

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 08:53:48 AM »

And why not? I am only hypothesizing what would happen if you would do that. And your FAQ states clearly that you go in circles if you follow the east-west direction. So, you can't go straight and reach to your destination if you mark your destination at start and if you follow the compass.
-

?

Squat

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »

It's not nonsense, it's common sense.

I've done it for years and taught people how to do it.  It's a better system than relying on the compass alone as you can isolate the compass from any possible metallic influences while you are taking the bearing. Following the compass alone is an easy way to go wrong as even a penknife in a pocket could affect it.

HTH

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
No one does that to circumnavigate the world because your landmark would be long gone after less than a hundred miles or so.

?

Squat

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 09:08:26 AM »
No one does that to circumnavigate the world because your landmark would be long gone after less than a hundred miles or so.

Navigation by compass isn't only done to circumnavigate the earth.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »

Traveling Eastwards/Westwards by gyrocompass, or by Polaris, would also take you in a circle around the North Pole

?

Squat

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:56 AM »

Traveling Eastwards/Westwards by gyrocompass, or by Polaris, would also take you in a circle around the North Pole

So what's your point?

Talking of gyroscopes do you know what precession is?

?

zork

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:03 AM »
And you dodge again. It's not about circumnavigating whole earth but you deviate from your east direction with less distance. Even with hundred miles I guess.
-