WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)

• 876 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)
« on: January 11, 2019, 06:18:20 AM »
2nd Lieutenant, Aeval had the list of names, 13 in all, 13 as at the last supper, including Judas, 13 members in a coven, Friday the 13th the date of the beginning of the round up of the Knights Templars, 1307. An auspicious number.

She had too a slip of paper to give to the travellers, a clue to something they wished to find, not her business but having researched her posting she thought she knew to what it alluded, if they hadn't, she may give them a hint if they asked nicely.

The weather was due to turn the day they arrived and Atlantic mists would for a while shroud this place, it would complicate her observations, perhaps aid those who she had special interest in, but she had confidence in her Sisters and with the aid of the War-bird she had no doubt the threat would stay contained. How many of the visitors survived the island did not overly concern her, the mission was to capture alive if possible, the menace that had plagued these gatherings and cost so many lives, she would protect those she could, but not at the cost of missing her quarry.

May the Morrigan be with them. 

And so it begins, well Sunday actually, almost all of you will have your roles, if by this evening you haven't and you feel you have been missed, PM me, don't bitch in here it will probably give something away.

Rules;

During the day, the villagers can vote to lynch any of their number. A majority wins. Someone can also vote to cancel another’s vote. Whoever ends the day with the most votes dies; if there is a tie, no one dies. Simply write [I vote to lynch ___]
If a character wishes to commit suicide, they do not require a vote, they can do it to themselves instantly. Any votes for them to be lynched are immediately cancelled, and those that did so are free to vote again. This option is only open to villagers, and is only available should there be fewer villagers remaining than the total sum of penguins and NASA agents. Any command for the narrator in the thread should be in square brackets [] to make sure it doesn't get overlooked.

During the night, many things happen. There is no vote, but:
The Psychic can do one of the following each night: they can ask after the alignment of a specific character, or ask for a hint towards a random threat be posted in the main thread. The psychic is on the side of the villagers.

The penguins will alternate nights, and can also choose between two options. They might decide to Both ask after the alignment of a player, or they could decide to kill. If they target a villager, the villager dies. If they target a NASA agent however they will be unable to kill them, and instead their identity will be outed to that agent.

The NASA agents perform the same as the penguins, with the roles reversed. Should a penguin and NASA agent target the same individual, the individual survives and once more the identity of the penguin is revealed to the NASA agent, and the identity of the NASA agent revealed to the penguin. The target learns both. 
The only way for a penguin or NASA agent to die is by lynching. A majority, meaning villagers most of the time, is required.

Days and nights last 24 hours of real time. The time of dawn and dusk is 22.30 GMT.

If anyone wants to reveal their role in PM or the main thread they are free to do so, however it is still a bit of a stupid thing to do so you are advised against it. It is entirely possible for someone to lie.
However, as the villagers are required for NASA agents to defeat the penguins, or vice versa, there may be cause for an uneasy alliance.
The penguins win when the NASA agents and villagers are wiped out, or such a thing is unavoidable.
NASA wins when penguins and villagers are wiped out, or such a thing is unavoidable.
The villagers win when both NASA and the penguins are defeated.
Alternatively, no one wins should all villagers be dead, and the NASA agents or penguins both have one or both have two survivors, so don’t be too free with your killing.

Dead players may post only at night, but living players may commune with them even during the day via PM. This includes talking with dead penguins/NASA agents should anyone wish to pull a ‘the enemy of my enemy.’
When someone dies, it is revealed whether they were a penguin, NASA agent or human; any special roles are the ghost’s to reveal. Any knowledge on the alignments of other characters remains secret, and will be dispensed by their ghost as and when they wish it.
Any questions, let me know!

The two werepenguins have human names during the day, but their true penguin names are Gus and Waldo
The two NASA agents operate under the code names Virgil and Roger. An alarming number of NASA agents are called Neil, but not these.
Virgil and Gus will PM me on night one. Roger and Waldo on night two, and so on. If Virgil dies, Roger will PM in their place also. If both members of one team are killed, their counterparts still only get one PM a night.

Lynching the narrator is enabled. However the Ravens and crows hear all and will tell the Sisters militant of your plans, the moment any player who votes to lynch me goes near a window or steps outside the building, one of the two snipers in the Sisters scout section will blow your head clean off.

There are two werepenguins, two NASA spies, and one psychic among the villagers. This is all that is known for certain. Everyone except the psychic has an additional role on top of their alignment.

Villager only roles

1 Vengeful Spirit - Has all the powers of a psychic, but only when they have been killed by either a penguin or NASA agent. If they were lynched, they can only ask after a name once, and only the name of one of those that voted for them.

2 Wildcard - Their sole purpose is to make the villagers lose. It does not matter who wins. Even in death they are indistinguishable from a villager. They will PMed the role PMs for other roles as cover.

3  lovers (x2) – Two players are hopelessly in love, so much so that should one be killed the other dies of a broken heart at the next sunrise, the players are aware of their lover, one of them gets a second power from the shared roles section.

4 Empath - Attunes themselves to a target each night and learns that target's role, much like a psychic. If their target is killed, however, they die too. If they locate a penguin or NASA agent they are too traumatised to ever use their power again.

5 Werewolf -This player has werewolf blood boiling in it's veins, if this player is killed by a penguin it will morph into a werewolf and kill the penguin that killed it. However, if this player is lynched, it will morph into a werewolf and kill a villager, the were-wolf can choose only from those villagers that elected to lynch it.

The Psychic can do one of the following each night: they can ask after the alignment of a specific character, or ask for a hint towards a random threat be posted in the main thread. The psychic is on the side of the villagers.

Shared Villager, penguin and NASA roles

6 Bodyguard - At the end of each day, PMs the narrator a name and the person they choose will not be killed by any penguin or NASA agent during that night. They cannot protect themselves. Their power only works once, after that they will be too injured. If by some staggering coincidence the NASA agent, penguin and bodyguard all select the same person, it's the bodyguard who will become aware of their identities in addition to the one they protected. If the bodyguard protects a penguin from a NASA agent, or vice versa, they will still lose their power and the victim will not learn of their attacker's identity.

7 Spirit Magician - When this person is killed, they may choose another person to resurrect with all their abilities intact. Penguins and NASA agents cannot be brought back.

8 Thief - At any time, this player may steal another character's role. The person they targeted will be informed and given a new ability at random. The thief no longer steals alignment, just ability. That way a team evil can be a thief as well. The only way alignment changes is if they end up the wildcard. Then the wildcard ends up normal.

9 Hypnotist - May choose any player and remove any abilities they possess for the next block of the day. For example, they would PM me a name at the end of the night, and someone would then not be able to use their power during the next day. If they PM me a name during the day, the target would have no power during the night. This also prevents a selected penguin/NASA agent from killing or scanning an individual, but cannot be done constantly. A day or a night must pass before they can act again. The affected will be told their powers have been taken for the 24 hour (real time) period.

10 Channeller - Is informed when someone uses a special ability on them and what that ability is, though not the alignment or identity of the person using that power. If they wish it they can redirect the power to another user. This does not affect being killed, and only works once per day/night cycle. This includes being able to redirect a dampened ability.

11 Scam Artist - During the day, may PM the narrator two votes counted towards the lynching total. There is a 25% chance of being caught and losing their power, but cast votes still go through. Their identity however is not revealed to the world at large.

12 Politician - May act to prevent a lynching by outing themselves in the thread. The person to be lynched is then changed to anyone else that has at least one vote not cast by the Politician; it is the Politician's choice. If they do not kill a penguin/NASA agent, they lose their power. If they do kill one they maintain the ability to overrule in future.

13 Amateur Vigilante - May kill one person, day or night, simply by PMing the narrator. There is a 50% chance of being caught and killed. Only works once.

All these abilities will be distributed at random among all players. There may be some duplicates, and some may not appear.
However there are limits. There will be only one of the following per side: spirit magician, wildcard, amateur vigilante, hypnotist.
The Thief's ability however may lead to duplicates of those, but not the hypnotist.

Players;
1 NSS villager and Were-wolf, Lynched, then head blown off
2 CFC                     
3 Shifter               
4 Boydster innocent villager, dead, Penguin gothic            
5 Crouton         
6 SCG -Villager, Lover, dead.
7 Jane -Penguin (Gus), Blown away by 2nd Lieutenant, Aeval
8 Wise         
9 The Colonel - Villager, hung to death by NASA, who would find the map?   
10 The Duck man, Villager, throat torn out by were-wolf and head blown off
11 TheLordBarst -NASA Chav (Roger) killed by Sister Jena
12 Bully                 
13 Junker  Unfortunate villager, Lover, killed by vigilante penguin          

Rules for the map hunt.

1st clue, For the defence of India and a little bit of bronze cannon Solved by Gayer (a pirate)

2nd clue Look below where the nomad sleeps  Solved by Gayer (a bad tempered pirate)

3rd clue Safety with a young man, an Archangel? Solved by Gayer (A dead pirate)

The first clue will be given to everyone (soon). What you do after that is up to you, if there is a flat earth map some may want it for themselves, you may put your answers in the game thread or PM me if you wish to find it alone.
The first clue when solved will lead to the next and so on, if you get to the last clue and find what is there, it is yours, however, if you have it and the Psychic asks after your status that as well as your status will be revealed, that also goes for the Penguin and NASA agents, they may do what they like with the information, if you are lynched in sole possession or killed by the evil side it goes to the killers, the only way this does not happen is if it is found in open play ( in the game thread), there it is considered to be found by the good side and put in safe keeping.

Evil players beware, the clues you get if stuck are from the 2nd leiutenant, she hates penguins and NASA, if you do anything that gives away your status she will execute you on the spot!

As you cannot get Wi-Fi signal on the island you will have to use the very fine library of Lundy books in the games area of the tavern, it has history of all kinds, natural, military and physical, which you will need if you are to find the answers to the clues. The links below represent some of those that may prove useful either now or later.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=iXaIAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=simon+dell+lundy+island&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRteConevfAhV2SxUIHRQsD_cQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=simon%20dell%20lundy%20island&f=false

https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/walk/lundy-island-circular/map.html

https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/lundyisland/discovering-lundy/history/

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6553.msg133242#msg133242

https://mapio.net/wiki/Q7593325-en/

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:30:49 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:21 AM »
Is it too soon to lynch Roundy?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »
It's never too soon to lynch Roundy.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:39 AM »
I'm not coming online morely at weekends. I hope at least I can find a time to lynch the evils. In this respect, as an opening I want to talk about events.

Firstly I hope jura adds the list of player chart and rules. It will be enlighten for us.

Secondly I want to talk my estimations before game start. You know wise always says true and you can trust him. In this regard, I want to thanks Jura made me villager as 9th time. I think this game will turn a type of wise and villagers vs evils. Actually, is not it really so?

My estimation about evils: At least a woman has to be. Because women don't like women generally. If you pay attention when a woman narrates a game, then definitely there is woman in evil team. Completely psicological.  8) According to this theory, at least one of the Jane, scg and colonel has to be evil.

Another important issue about scg. Scg wins every game. I think she does not use her extra ordinary admin rights but she is very lucky in every game. In this regard, I believe we have to evalue this possiblity. Lynching scg gives us two opportunity:

1- If scg is an evil so number of evils decrease one. Inother say, however she tries to help to her partner by using her special extra ordinary admin rights but perhaps can not help we lynch her alone partner.

2- If scg is a villager, so turns to trust member. By saying our roles to her then we can win easily by using her special abilities again.

In short; killing scg gives the villagers almost definitely a wining. Just a thought.

I'm not coming online weekends so that I've wrote a bit long.

Good luck to everybody, my villager teammates and narrator, and especially wellcome to junker.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:25 AM »
Wise still doesn't understand the concept of random selection.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
Every time random selection, everybody understand everything but only wise does not understand anything, but however, but everytime wise estimates the evils. What a lucky man. I do not talk about my psicological determination anymore for don't cut the game fun. I did not do it in past game too. I want to stop my estimations at this point and just will follow the events. And good luck colonel. I hope you are one of the good ones.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:32:47 AM »
I'm always one of the good ones. Even if I was a penguin I'd be a good one and help the villagers kill all the penguins.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:10 AM »
wise tries to get me lynched every time  >:(  :'(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:00:48 AM »
Firstly I hope jura adds the list of player chart and rules.
Guys, wise is making sense! I can't handle this!
It will be enlighten for us.
Oh wait, never mind.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
And wise has now placed a target on his own back. Why would anyone who isn't a penguin say those things? The reason is: wise. It's entirely unknowable whether he is a good guy or a bad bird.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »
And wise has now placed a target on his own back. Why would anyone who isn't a penguin say those things? The reason is: wise. It's entirely unknowable whether he is a good guy or a bad bird.
Could be NASA. I think they're a thing in this game. That'd be ironic.

So far the only person I'm suspicious of is NSS because it annoys him.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »
Wow, didn't I didn't know the game started.... Did everyone get PMs with their roles??

Is it day or night? Are we playing through the weekend??

CFC is officially confused..
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 12:02:58 PM »
CFC, we begin Sunday in England time. I'm not sure when that is in America, probably Wednesday the following week, or maybe yesterday.

As for NSS, yes I agree, he is already quite suspicious. He hasn't said a single word yet has he?

Watch. Dollars to donuts, he posts sometime after this. THAT will be telling.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
CFC, we begin Sunday in England time. I'm not sure when that is in America, probably Wednesday the following week, or maybe yesterday.

As for NSS, yes I agree, he is already quite suspicious. He hasn't said a single word yet has he?

Ok...so it hasn't officially started yet.

Check...

For the second part, has everyone gotten their roles PMed yet? Or has jura not done that yet? Is it possible for a villager to have no extra abilities this game?

I love jura's story telling, but it is a bit difficult to get rules through all of it.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »

Poor guy... If he is a bad guy again, either NASA or a penguin, I will be able to hear the head explosion from here...well unless he wins

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
wise tries to get me lynched every time  >:(  :'(

That's just his way of showing affection.

Maybe cause the game wasn't supposed to start until Sunday, and I was busy taking my kids to their annual doctor's appointment.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:23:52 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »

That's it.

[I vote to lynch Jane]

Lynch me if you dare.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 01:19:22 PM »

Ok...so it hasn't officially started yet.

Check...

For the second part, has everyone gotten their roles PMed yet? Or has jura not done that yet? Is it possible for a villager to have no extra abilities this game?

I love jura's story telling, but it is a bit difficult to get rules through all of it.
Penguin deflection.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 01:36:51 PM »
Penguin deflection.

Nope, just dumb. I had a PM, my email notifications have always been fucked as I have bitched about many times. I get notifications a day later or sometimes not at all.

It's annoying when the game is on.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 01:41:23 PM »
I always check on my messages during game time. That way I know even without the email.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:39 PM »
I'm making no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies this time. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 01:54:03 PM »
I always check on my messages during game time. That way I know even without the email.

Yeah I usually do, I was talking to someone else via PM and saw I missed it. It was the last one on the page and it went to a new page.

Oh well, I am sure I will get the notification for it with the week.

I am actually more interested if junker is actually going to play, I hope he does.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 01:56:00 PM »
I'm making no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies this time. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.
Do they have people in them too?

Subtle way to find a penguin

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 02:06:12 PM »
They ain't soylent green, okay?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
So voting hasn't started yet? We're just in a waiting room right now?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
So voting hasn't started yet? We're just in a waiting room right now?

It's like the doctor's office...moved from one waiting room to the other to wait.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »
There is a thread in angry ranting...it's to release shifter from his undeserved ban, or at least knock it down to a day so he can play the game... otherwise it will fuck up the game...plus it's unfair to him as a person as well.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 07:09:36 PM »
I suggest pause the game till shifter's ban end and comes back, till 15th, shifter's ban given by Ski ends.

Aren't you boring to blame me in every game then turn out to be in the wrong? Accept this that wise is a good man but you are not!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »

Maybe cause the game wasn't supposed to start until Sunday, and I was busy taking my kids to their annual doctor's appointment.

Called it!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
I suggest pause the game till shifter's ban end and comes back, till 15th, shifter's ban given by Ski ends.

Aren't you boring to blame me in every game then turn out to be in the wrong? Accept this that wise is a good man but you are not!

I accuse everyone!