ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)

• 433 Replies
Re: ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 08:23:02 AM »
Yes what is  the definition of Antarctic circle ? Its not on the map I have . So hence proving what ?

What map do you have?

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
English is not my native tongue, however i have to warn you that you should be much more careful in distinguishing the true meanings of these two important words (written with big letters): "TOWARDS the south" vs "IN THE northwest"

I lived at 40S for many years in New Zealand. The sun behaves the same there as it does in Spain.  As summer approaches the days get longer. South America extends to about 55 degrees where the days  there are very long. and the sun sets and rises towards the south.

This ("TOWARDS the south") is the consequence of a much wider arc of the sun's path in the sky that sun makes traveling above the tropic of capricorn.

I am in Helsinki at 60N where at midsummer the sun has an arc of about 250 degrees. The sun sets in the northwest and rises in the north east.  It only gets fully dark for about an hour.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1642036#msg1642036

Videos of Antarctic midnight sun

Midnight Sun at Sky Blu on Vimeo

Antarctica Supply Ship Offload Time-Lapse 2012 on Vimeo

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#]

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#]
I'd trust that NSW uni clip , like id trust a dog  minding meat in a butcher shop.

;D  I fully agree with you!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:50:36 AM by cikljamas »
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
English is not my native tongue, however i have to warn you that you should be much more careful in distinguishing the true meanings of these two important words (written with big letters): "TOWARDS the south" vs "IN THE northwest"

I lived at 40S for many years in New Zealand. The sun behaves the same there as it does in Spain.  As summer approaches the days get longer. South America extends to about 55 degrees where the days  there are very long. and the sun sets and rises towards the south.

This ("TOWARDS the south") is the consequence of a much wider arc of the sun's path in the sky that sun makes traveling above the tropic of capricorn.

[/quote]

On a flat earth,    in New Zealand the summer sun would not set in the south west or rise in the south east.

The sun would always be seen very comfortably well inside the northern part of the sky and well away from the southern part of the sky.

In the northern hemisphere the flat earth map works ok because you are inside the suns circle rather than outside of it as you are down south in NZ etc
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:03:45 AM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2015, 10:59:45 AM »
Thanks for giving the link so we can see how dishonest you are. The first picture is not what you claim it is. I personally think he should be banned for the blatant dishonesty.

O.K., i have mixed it up (dawn and midnight), now you can see everything in genuine order:

Are you satisfied now?

Why would i offer you a link, if i had bad intentions (to deceive you)???

Don't be so sad and pathetic!!!

P.S. If you don't know how to handle with your inferiority just ban yourself...  ;)

Did you notice something very important and interesting in this picture?

First picture shows Antarctic Midnight
Second picture shows Antarctica at 2 AM
Third picture shows Antarctic Dawn

All these wonderful Antarctic phenomenas happen on the same side of the sky!!!

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »
On a flat earth,  in New Zealand the summer sun would not set in the south west or rise in the south east.

The sun would always be seen very comfortably well inside the northern part of the sky and well away from the southern part of the sky.

The summer sun above New Zealand doesn't set IN THE south west, but (apparently) TOWARDS south, and i explained why it seems so....Don't twist the words even after i warned you to pay attention to the true meanings of these important words!

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Thanks for giving the link so we can see how dishonest you are. The first picture is not what you claim it is. I personally think he should be banned for the blatant dishonesty.

O.K., i have mixed it up (dawn and midnight), now you can see everything in genuine order:

Are you satisfied now?

Why would i offer you a link, if i had bad intentions (to deceive you)???

Don't be so sad and pathetic!!!

P.S. If you don't know how to handle with your inferiority just ban yourself...  ;)

Did you notice something very important and interesting in this picture?

First picture shows Antarctic Midnight
Second picture shows Antarctica at 2 AM
Third picture shows Antarctic Dawn

All these wonderful Antarctic phenomenas happen on the same side of the sky!!!

That is correct.  The sun only dips below the horizon for about an hour or so.     So all three photos can be filmed from a similar  angle.      Like here in helsinki at mid summer at 60n.   If i went on the roof i could point the camera in the same direction to see summer solstice sunset midnight and sunrise 

Mikey T.

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
So by your yet again lack of response to my question about how a spotlight sun makes the day /night pattern in the picture I once again re-posted that you made.  I assume this means you want to say it just happens that way.  Which in my mind is just another idiot assigning properties to things they have no clue about. 

So the spotlight sun performs this magic just to hide the "true" shape of the Earth.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
On a flat earth,  in New Zealand the summer sun would not set in the south west or rise in the south east.

The summer sun above New Zealand doesn't set IN THE south west, but (apparently) TOWARDS south, and i explained why it seems so....Don't twist the words even after i warned you to pay attention to the true meanings of these important words!

??

I lived in New Zealand for 17 years.

I can assure you that the mid summer sun is very strongly setting and rising in the southern area of the sky.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:13:31 AM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2015, 11:17:30 AM »
That is correct.  The sun only dips below the horizon for about an hour or so.     So all three photos can be filmed from a similar  angle.      Like here in helsinki at mid summer at 60n.   If i went on the roof i could point the camera in the same direction to see summer solstice sunset midnight and sunrise

Either you are completly freaked out, or you consciously and blatantly lie!

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »

I can assure you that the mid summer sun is very strongly setting and rising in the southern area of the sky.

I just have caught you in one big lie, so i have to assume that you are ready to lie about everything, and now i am perfectly sure that you consciously lie all along!!!

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »

I just have caught you in one big lie, so i have to assume that you are ready to lie about everything, and now i am perfectly sure that you consciously lie all along!!!

All you have to do is look at pictures of summer time New Zealand with easily identifiable features.

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
looking from Waikanai beach to South Island New Zealand with Sun setting in South West

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »

How is this lying? he is stating basic geographic facts.

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

TOWARDS and IN THE are three words, not two. Since you're warning people to be much more careful and all, I thought I'd point that out.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
Alpha, you are bullshitting too much (as usual). Those arrows mean nothing, because they are purely artificial, that is to say: the spatial directions to which these arrows point to are determined so to conform to HC bullshit theory and to mislead honest thinker.
In other words, those directions mean nothing because you're using them to make a strawman argument.

I still don't know why you didn't start them at Casey, though. But one of them isn't a globe model. You say it's what the flat earth would give, so you're either confused or lying in the above. Nor do I understand why you claim the Midnight Sun on a globe would be southeast of Casey (where that arrow is pointing) and not due south (straight down on the map). Do you not realize this, did you intentionally draw it pointing in the wrong direction?

Who's being dishonest?

3. This is the date we are looking for : 6 January 2012:

MIDNIGHT SUN - CASEY (WE ARE OBVIOUSLY WATCHING DUE NORTH) :
Did you ever answer the question how you know you're looking due north? If you did and I missed it, you could help by not repeating so much in your posts; it makes the new material harder to spot.

Your interminable walls of text and random (large) images look like you're trying this:
Quote from:  W.C.Fields
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.
It mostly makes you look like a lunatic.

ANOTHER CLASSIC CASEY SUNSET :

http://i.imgur.com/5HhgCcr.jpg
The Sun is well above the horizon in this picture. Why do you call it a sunset?

ONLY, IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND, CASEY SUNSETS SHOULD OCCUR IN THIS DIRECTION:
The interesting thing about sunsets in polar regions if that they can occur anywhere west of due north and south depending on the time of year! At Casey, it changes from almost due south at the December solstice, to almost due north at the June solstice. Cool, huh? So if that photo is looking any direction west of due north or south you're right!!

When you find a photography in which midnight sun lit from behind Casey station (across Antarctica), let us know!
Already done.

casey summer solstice time lapse

http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-images-summer-solstice-sunset-antarctic-circle-image12981089
The caption for this photo on the dreamstime.com link reads: "A time-lapse photo of the sun at mid-night on mid-summer day at Casey Station Antarctica."

Thanks, Aliveandkicking.

Until then, you can eat all those heliocentric arrows, so that you can become even smarter astronomer.
This had already been done before you wrote that. You might try a little humility. It could help make you look less like an ass when your arguments go down in flames.

[Edit] Correction in the "arrows" section, top.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:42:45 PM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »

How is that a lie?   
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
Hey little children, why don't you go back to your playgrounds and resume your games for kids under 5 years? Or since you don't know how to use your own brain why don't you just ask this same question your guru Alpha2Omega?

Alpha, find me a picture like this:

Only, in your impossible picture, compass should be able to point South at Midnight!

We are waiting (something that won't come-EVER)!

P.S. If there is any doubt about the proper functioning of a compass in a high South latitudes, just read this: http://www.energeticforum.com/255802-post1.html
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:10:50 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 02:00:51 AM »
in your impossible picture, compass should be able to point South in Midnight!

Even in new zealand at only 40S the sun sets south west in mid summer.

In this video the gap between the tiny islands of Tahoramaurea and Motungarara is always a south west view regardless of the observers position when looking south west.    Motungarara island is barely visible in front of the much larger Kapiti island.   Tahoramaurea is the little volcano like island.

The setting sun is many degrees to the left of Tahoramaurea island.

The observer is on the north island looking towards the south island.  The sun is setting over queen charlotte sound in the south island

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Queen+Charlotte+sound,+New+Zealand/Waikanae+Beach,+Waikanae,+New+Zealand/@-40.9725508,174.5290813,9z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d3f2bc0074fd513:0x6b6b776c97f8fffc!2m2!1d174.332809!2d-41.08145!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d40a20383070a17:0x500ef6143a33000!2m2!1d175.0206267!2d-40.8638399

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:44:19 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2015, 05:28:15 AM »
Hey little children, why don't you go back to your playgrounds and resume your games for kids under 5 years? Or since you don't know how to use your own brain why don't you just ask this same question your guru Alpha2Omega?

Only, in your impossible picture, compass should be able to point South at Midnight!

P.S. If there is any doubt about the proper functioning of a compass in a high South latitudes, just read this: http://www.energeticforum.com/255802-post1.html

That's exactly where would expect the sun to be  at 2:30am  ( 30 minutes after midnight ) on June 19 at Toolik lake,  almost due north.
The picture once again proves round earth.    The picture is from here http://archive.arcus.org/TREC/VBC/index.php?showtopic=322

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:24 AM »

That's exactly where would expect the sun to be  at 2:30am  ( 30 minutes after midnight ) on June 19 at Toolik lake,  almost due north.
The picture once again proves round earth.    The picture is from here http://archive.arcus.org/TREC/VBC/index.php?showtopic=322

Can you explain in detail how that picture proves a round earth?

On a flat earth the sun would be visible from anywhere on the surface - unless blocked by local obstructions.  ie 24 hour sun everywhere all of the time.

Allowing for flat earther physics and the spotlight sun it becomes less visible everywhere.

Can you work it out to make a proof?

I have no idea how flat earth system works so cannot even begin to consider the problem at the moment.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Flat%20Earth%20Model

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:20:43 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:48 AM »
Here is the sunrise and sunset data for Toolik Lake Alaska on June 19 2005 at 2:30am
The yellow circle is the path of the sun. 

Here is the same plot, but for Casey Station at the summer solstice,  showing the sun rise and sunset in the south.
The plot matches the earlier time lapse picture pretty well.

The program relies on the fact that the earth is a sphere,  it wouldn't predict the correct sun positions otherwise.

I have tried to unravel the flat earth explanation for this,  and come to the conclusion that it doesn't work.  Spherical earth works.

Program is here if you want to play around with different times and locations http://www.sunearthtools.com/dp/tools/pos_sun.php
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:34:28 AM by Rayzor »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »

In this video the gap between the tiny islands of Tahoramaurea and Motungarara is always a south west view regardless of the observers position when looking south west.    Motungarara island is barely visible in front of the much larger Kapiti island.   Tahoramaurea is the little volcano like island.

The observer is on the north island looking towards the south island.  The sun is setting over queen charlotte sound in the south island

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Queen+Charlotte+sound,+New+Zealand/Waikanae+Beach,+Waikanae,+New+Zealand/@-40.9725508,174.5290813,9z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d3f2bc0074fd513:0x6b6b776c97f8fffc!2m2!1d174.332809!2d-41.08145!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d40a20383070a17:0x500ef6143a33000!2m2!1d175.0206267!2d-40.8638399

Look at this:

...Compare these angles with respect to the 40 degrees South-parallel, and you will notice that there is the difference of at least 50 degrees....So, maps are terribly wrong...The only way how we can determine in which direction the sun sets is by the use of a compass. Can you draw me on this map an exact path of the southern-solstice sun across Waikanae beach?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2015, 06:46:41 AM »
Waikanae Beach Sun Path at the winter solstice June 21

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:49:29 AM by Rayzor »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2015, 07:11:08 AM »
Waikanae Beach Sun Path at the winter solstice June 21

Thanks Rayzor, even guys like you (who don't know how to use their brain) can be of some use! Well, according to this illustration, the Sun rises at South-East, then crosses Waikanae beach in northern arc, and then sets at South-West.

Now, try to use your brain (at least once in your lifetime), and explain to me, how the sun can cross New Zealand in northern arc at all, since the tropic of capricorn stays north from New Zealand all the time?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:04 AM »

Thanks Rayzor, even guys like you (who don't know how to use their brain) can be of some use! Well, according to this illustration, the Sun rises at South-East, then crosses Waikanae beach in northern arc, and then sets at South-West.

Now, try to use your brain (at least once in your lifetime), and explain to me, how the sun can cross New Zealand in northern arc at all, since the tropic of capricorn stays north from New Zealand all the time?

What's with all the insults?   

You do realize you question makes no sense,  you are asking how can the sun be in the north when it's always north.    At the summer solstice the Sun is directly overhead at  the tropic of capricorn,  ( that's the definition of tropic!  )

In any case the sun path for Waikanae Beach show the sun always in the North in mid winter ( the top yellow line).     
The lower edge of the yellow area is the summer solstice path.

As far as the direction to the setting sun, and direction to sunrise,  every point south of the equator will have the sunrise in the south at the summer solstice.   Obviously the further south you go the further south the sunrise goes, until you reach the antarctic circle where the sunrise and sunset is at the same time and due south. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:55:56 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 07:54:48 AM »

Look at this:

...Compare these angles with respect to the 40 degrees South-parallel, and you will notice that there is the difference of at least 50 degrees....So, maps are terribly wrong...The only way how we can determine in which direction the sun sets is by the use of a compass. Can you draw me on this map an exact path of the southern-solstice sun across Waikanae beach?

On gleasons map the sun sets along a line between about the south of the North Island of NZ and the large T near cape hudson of Antarctica.

On google on your two map picture the sun sets along a line between about the south of the North Island of NZ and the brass rivot of Gleasons latitude gadget 

These are eye balled approximations based on that video i provided.   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:57:57 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »
Here's Quito Equador,  at the summer solstice.

Sunrise is bearing 103,  or 13 degrees south of east.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »
You do realize you question makes no sense,  you are asking how can the sun be in the north when it's always north.    At the summer solstice the Sun is directly overhead at  the tropic of capricorn,  ( that's the definition of tropic!  )

You don't even know how to read? Let alone how to think...

Now let's see if you can make any progress regarding usage of your own brain:

First, we have to quote this post once again:

Now, Rayzor, answer me: Where (at which side of the world) will be the Sun 12 hours later (at noon) according to the same compass (above)?

When you find (in your own brain or elsewhere) correct answer to this question, then ask Aliveandkicking, what was the point of this utterly stupid claim of him:

That is correct. The sun only dips below the horizon for about an hour or so. So all three photos can be filmed from a similar  angle. Like here in helsinki at mid summer at 60n.   If i went on the roof i could point the camera in the same direction to see summer solstice sunset midnight and sunrise  http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63538.msg1685282#msg1685282

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2015, 08:16:30 AM »
Now, Rayzor, answer me: Where (at which side of the world) will be the Sun 12 hours later (at noon) according to the same compass (above)?
This is the bit where you failed completely to understand that the sun moves parallel to the horizon,  completing a full 360 degrees in 24 hours,  so in 12 hours the sun will be due South.   
Do you get it yet?  Dumbass.

When you find (in your own brain or elsewhere) correct answer to this question, then ask Aliveandkicking, what was the point of this utterly stupid claim of him:
That is correct. The sun only dips below the horizon for about an hour or so. So all three photos can be filmed from a similar  angle. Like here in helsinki at mid summer at 60n.   If i went on the roof i could point the camera in the same direction to see summer solstice sunset midnight and sunrise  http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63538.msg1685282#msg1685282
Seems perfectly fine to me.  What is it that you are having trouble with?..  Still can't understand the difference North and South.  Let alone the difference between round and flat.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:18:16 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:32 AM »

You don't even know how to read? Let alone how to think...

Now let's see if you can make any progress regarding usage of your own brain:

First, we have to quote this post once again:

Gleasons map that you used shows the same sun times on the smaller pictures on that map that are visible in New Zealand by an ordinary person who lives there.

By the way, Ammundsen saw a 24 hour day when he was near the coast of Antarctica - documented elsewhere on this board in the 'midnight sun again' thread.

The problem for a flat earth map is that as you move south from the tropic of capricorn the summer solstice sun sets with a southerly component.

So focusing on Antarctica where it ultimately becomes a south midnight sun is unnecessary.

Videos of setting suns can be provided for any significantly south location to show a midsummer southerly sunset/sunrise component.

However because ordinary men and women are using the published sun tables of the kind Rayzor and Gleason used it seems a bit unnecessary to me

I got a bit confused by what you said here:

>>Now, Rayzor, answer me: Where (at which side of the world) will be the Sun 12 hours later (at noon) according to the same compass (above)?

That is correct. The sun only dips below the horizon for about an hour or so. So all three photos can be filmed from a similar  angle. Like here in helsinki at mid summer at 60n.   If i went on the roof i could point the camera in the same direction to see summer solstice sunset midnight and sunrise

I am not sure if you realise that the southern midnight sun is  6 months from the northern one?    Why are you talking about a 12 hour difference?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:21:28 AM by Aliveandkicking »