What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

JackBlack

Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #5610 on: July 03, 2021, 02:59:51 PM »
I would tell you to try and be honest, but we both know that will never happen.
Then don't look for answers if that's your mindset.
Then don't spout garbage about the RE.

I ask the questions, because of your lies about the RE.
If you didn't make those lies, I wouldn't ask the questions.

So if you want me to stop asking, stop spouting such garbage about the RE.
Otherwise, answer the questions:
How far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?
Again, what should the tilt be (provide a number with units and math justifying it) for an object 30 km away?
How much of such an object should be hidden at a 30 km distance, if you are standing 2 m above the RE?
What is the level of uncertainty in your measurements of allegedly flat water in your sink, in terms of both angle and change in height?
What is in the region indicated in red? Ground or sky?

« Reply #5611 on: July 03, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
I would tell you to try and be honest, but we both know that will never happen.

Then don't look for answers if that's your mindset.

Are you looking forward to hearing from a plane load of liars saying they have seen earth's curvature when Branson's plane lands, with hundreds of faked photos and videos of earth's curvature?
All the windows on the plane will be curved to curve the straight edges of the earth, and preserve the truth. Right, Sceptimatic?  ;) :) :)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5612 on: July 04, 2021, 01:23:31 AM »

Carry on doing what you're doing.
I'll respond how I see fit.

JackBlack

« Reply #5613 on: July 04, 2021, 01:50:30 AM »
i.e. you will continue to cling to your fantasy, refusing to answer trivial questions that show you are wrong.

But don't worry, I'll keep bringing them up:
How far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what should the tilt be (provide a number with units and math justifying it) for an object 30 km away?
How much of such an object should be hidden at a 30 km distance, if you are standing 2 m above the RE?
What is the level of uncertainty in your measurements of allegedly flat water in your sink, in terms of both angle and change in height?

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #5614 on: July 04, 2021, 03:23:17 AM »
Why not book a flight on this:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57689855

When that takes off on July 11 there will be yet more proof that you can add to your conspiracy. Let’s all remember that’s all you actually have to keep you going.
This is why you have no chance.

Chance of what?
Some people on this site are fond of thinking outside the box. You should try it rather than wearing it.

These flights you refuse to believe will go ahead despite you wailing in the wilderness. It’s a bit like those 6500 or so satellites that whizz over your head each day and those natty little rovers driving, albeit at less than a snails pace chugging around Mars. Add to that all the other space vehicles beaming back telemetry 24/7 that you deny exist.
It’s an awful lot of denial you have going there and that’s not even counting all the denial required for all those people based on the ground doing the daily work  required, never mind all the designers and manufacturers! And what about all those that work at all the various launch sites? What are they up to?
What about all those crazy radio hams who are picking up signals from the Mars rover using a big comma dish in Germany? What’s going on there?

These flights are just a tiny tip of a gigantic iceberg of denial that you have to deal with, quite one hell of a conspiracy!
Really…..what a laugh!!!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5615 on: July 04, 2021, 03:49:27 AM »
But don't worry, I'll keep bringing them up:

Bring what you want up and I'll respond when it's worth responding to.

JackBlack

« Reply #5616 on: July 04, 2021, 04:47:58 AM »
Bring what you want up and I'll respond when it's worth responding to.
You mean you will respond when you can come up with some excuse for why you aren't wrong?
Because if you were honest, or even interested in if your arguments do actually work against the RE, they are worth responding to.

The only reason they wouldn't be worth responding to is if you know the answers will show you are wrong, and you don't want that.
Again:

« Reply #5617 on: July 04, 2021, 05:56:10 AM »

Whats the value of the massive tilt?

Is mercator a reasonably valid map?

Is the equator a thing that exists?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5618 on: July 04, 2021, 09:17:47 AM »

You mean you will respond when you can come up with some excuse for why you aren't wrong?

I will respond when you stop acting like a ****.

JackBlack

« Reply #5619 on: July 04, 2021, 03:13:33 PM »
Calling you out for your BS isn't acting like an ass.

You have shown repeatedly then when you are unable to refute the arguments against you, or answer the simple questions which show you are wrong, you do whatever you can to deflect.

If you didn't make so many lies about the RE, or if you would actually admit you are wrong (which you have now done once), I wouldn't seem so bad.
The only reason I seem so bad to you is that you are spouting BS and can't justify it, and I call you out on it.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #5620 on: July 05, 2021, 04:39:01 AM »

It's interesting that you are both right and wrong.
Right about  xxxxBlack and totally wrong about the shape of the earth and all the other things you go on about.
Really…..what a laugh!!!