FET drawing challenge

• 44 Replies
FET drawing challenge
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
draw the path of the sun
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: FET drawing challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
Is it really that hard to draw some circles?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »

It really should not be to hard, perhaps its just hard for RE'ers.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
So... If it's not hard, care to educate us?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »
You really want someone to draw circles on those maps?  There's nothing special about them.  They're just circles.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:49:14 AM »
Edited. I just want to see more diagrams. And if you really believed this stuff you'd think you'd be passionate about showing people how it works.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:01:17 AM by FlatOrange »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 02:16:49 AM »
Edited. I just want to see more diagrams. And if you really believed this stuff you'd think you'd be passionate about showing people how it works.
I'm certain the picture you are after is in the FAQ. If not, try the wiki. I've said it before and I'll say it again, lurk moar before posting stuff that has been done to death a thousand times.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 06:12:05 AM »

If it's so easy, then why don't you draw a circle that depicts 12 hours of daylight for everyone in the world on the day of the equinox?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »

If it's so easy, then why don't you draw a circle that depicts 12 hours of daylight for everyone in the world on the day of the equinox?

What evidence is there that everyone experiences 12 hours of daylight? Are you everyone? Have you been to all points on the earth's surface on that day?

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »
No actually it's not there in the wiki or the FAQ.

Tom, on every continent this info about the equinox is shared. If there were inconsistencies in the accepted model, somewhere in the world someone would say "hey that can't be right."

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »

What evidence is there that everyone experiences 12 hours of daylight? Are you everyone? Have you been to all points on the earth's surface on that day?

You can't possibly be serious.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:30 AM »
No actually it's not there in the wiki or the FAQ.

Tom, on every continent this info about the equinox is shared. If there were inconsistencies in the accepted model, somewhere in the world someone would say "hey that can't be right."

Is everyone in the world here to say "hey that can't be right"?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »

???  Why would I need to check all points of the earth's surface.  All you need to do is check a few strategic locations on various parts of the earth in order to determine which model supports the observations better. 

As you should remember, I have proposed a simple experiment where members of this forum who live in various parts of the world would record the time and direction of sunrise and sunset on the day of the equinox.  I was quite unsurprised that almost all FE'ers (including yourself) declined to participate.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
That sounds like a great experiment markjo. Also you could simply cross check a site like timeanddate.com.  Or cross check google earth.

Tom, everyone here seems to be saying that doesn't look right. Water can't be curved. Nothing like "I am in Peru on the equinox and the sun is not where google earth says it should be."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »
That sounds like a great experiment markjo.
Of course it is.  That's why FE'ers will never do it.

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Where's that IceWallNinja guy? He's classic.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
i proved that this is impossible already, thats why the fes cant draw an accurate diagram.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,52981.msg1298630.html#msg1298630

read that i tried to pin point the sun before the results are compelling

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »

???  Why would I need to check all points of the earth's surface.  All you need to do is check a few strategic locations on various parts of the earth in order to determine which model supports the observations better. 

As you should remember, I have proposed a simple experiment where members of this forum who live in various parts of the world would record the time and direction of sunrise and sunset on the day of the equinox.  I was quite unsurprised that almost all FE'ers (including yourself) declined to participate.

Have you checked these "strategic locations"?

Did anyone go do the unpaid work you demanded of them?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
That sounds like a great experiment markjo. Also you could simply cross check a site like timeanddate.com.  Or cross check google earth.

Tom, everyone here seems to be saying that doesn't look right. Water can't be curved. Nothing like "I am in Peru on the equinox and the sun is not where google earth says it should be."

Who is cross-checking google earth or any of those internet calculators with what the sun does in reality?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:20:57 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
Here is an animation detailing the path of the sun takes over the earth-plane:

I think we can all agree this closely matches both observations and data provided.

One day we will understand more about the nature of the celestial bodies and what compels them to move in such a way - as of now we can only trust in God's plan.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:31:59 PM by Kendrick »

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
That is classic Kendrick! Add that to the wiki!  If you guys accept that's the way it is then I congratulate you on your stubbornness. I'm not gonna be the REer that says what is wrong with that. I hope some of the FEers can start seeing it for themselves.

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »

Who is cross-checking google earth or any of those internet calculators with what the sun does in reality?

The people who use them.  Duh.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
Great work Squevil! The maps you used have truer continent shapes, so that's cool.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
Have you checked these "strategic locations"?

I have checked several and the results are consistent with the RE model predictions.

Did anyone go do the unpaid work you demanded of them?

Request != demand.  And yes, several forum members did participate in the experiment and the results were consistent with RE predictions.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »

Hunters, fishermen, just about anyone who works out doors in the early morning or evening and sunrise/sunset aficionados, just to name a few.

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
Haha no I will point out something wrong with that animation. When you're able to watch the sun for 24 hrs (say Barrow, Alaska) you never see the sun bolt around like that. And it makes perfect circles too, not oval.

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »
Perhaps the properties of time and nature are different in Barrow Alaska.  Sometimes time seems to move more slowly for me, too.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:58:04 PM by Kendrick »

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Kendrick, what's the font on the bottom?  Where did those come from?  I want to see higher-res because I'm trying to see if Barrow has 24 sunlight on the summer solstice.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »

i have, thats why i gave the time and locations