Professor Dave Explains - 10 Challenges for flat earthers

• 95 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Professor Dave Explains - 10 Challenges for flat earthers
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2020, 04:55:39 AM »
They aren't a laugh as I explained to previously.
Well please show the results of your "candle experiment" because even the best strength/weight ration "thread" would sag more than 10 times the curve of the Earth even at twice its rated load.

So your "candle experiment" is a joke!
Your "shipping crate experiment" is little better because even if the top of the crate is 30 feet above water level the dip to the horizon would be only about 0.09° so it would show next to nothing.
And once the sun showing was 20% of its diameter the top edge of the Sun would be level with the top edge of the crate.

Putting your crate on a 1000 foot mountain might show something!

So, yes those two are jokes, so what's next!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 01:45:07 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:44 PM »
Yikes!

I think we finally broke John.  :(

Amongst that pretty spectacular rant, he does have one point.  This is a flat earther forum, so maybe us roundies should try to tone it down a little?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2020, 01:55:35 PM »
Yikes!

I think we finally broke John.  :(

Amongst that pretty spectacular rant, he does have one point.  This is a flat earther forum, so maybe us roundies should try to tone it down a little?
Maybe but when they post obviously incorrect claims one has to try to answer it - but we should do it respectfully.
In this thread, I do believe that I've simply been presenting what I see as the answers.

And I don't want to "break" anyone, especially not John Davis.
I do wonder if he's pushing himself too hard with his heavy work commitments and the time he spends here.

« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »
Yeah.. I hate to be the one to break it you but that is a 200 year old map we've been pushing the media to feed rubes like you here.

We have advanced a lot further than that.

I dont understand, the FE community has a more updated supposedly accurate map, and yet they continue to push old outdated maps on 'rubes like me'?  What would be the point.  if FEers want to be more mainstream and not thought of as a joke by society in general, you would think they would go out of their way to publish accurate maps and data instead of keeping such information hidden or making it hard to find.   That does not seem like a very effective way to change the perception that FE is a joke and FEers are a uneducated and ignorant.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
Yeah.. I hate to be the one to break it you but that is a 200 year old map we've been pushing the media to feed rubes like you here.

We have advanced a lot further than that.
I dont understand, the FE community has a more updated supposedly accurate map, and yet they continue to push old outdated maps on 'rubes like me'?  What would be the point?
To confuse poor ignorant 'rubes like us' maybe?

quote author=Ozymandias74]
if FEers want to be more mainstream and not thought of as a joke by society in general, you would think they would go out of their way to publish accurate maps and data instead of keeping such information hidden or making it hard to find.   That does not seem like a very effective way to change the perception that FE is a joke and FEers are a uneducated and ignorant.
[/quote]
Remember this?
The projection of the non-Euclidean map is that of a Globe. It's useful to navigate - in the old days they did plane sailing. It is pretty similar to what folks do now.
Maybe this is John Davis's "new map" ;D?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2020, 11:37:27 AM »
I have one simple challenge to FE'ers.

Create a flat earth model (physical or computer based) that demonstrates the general principles of the rising and setting of the sun and moon, solar and lunar eclipses, and the seasons along with the seasonal day/night patterns as well as or better than this:

I've been asking for one for years, but no FE'er seems to be up to the challenge.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.