Gays are confused, not in love

• 201 Replies
?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
Re: Gays are confused, not in love
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 03:02:16 AM »
And I live in California.

That explains everything, I've never seen a more "I love gays" state. Indoctrination of the children at your schools is pathetic.

?

The Terror

• Flat Earth Propane Tank
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 03:29:14 AM »
So all those gay people you know, do you hate them then?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 04:11:11 AM »

That explains everything, I've never seen a more "I love gays" state. Indoctrination of the children at your schools is pathetic.

Indoctrination in what way? Don't hate gays? Why should they hate gays? What happened to 'love your fellow man'?

Gay people are human beings, and teaching children not hate or despise other human beings doesn't seem like indoctrination to me.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »

Why do you hate gays, anyway? I'm looking for a rational reason.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 07:18:05 AM »

Indoctrination in what way? Don't hate gays? Why should they hate gays? What happened to 'love your fellow man'?

Gay people are human beings, and teaching children not hate or despise other human beings doesn't seem like indoctrination to me.
As irrational as his post sounds, there is a strong liberal indoctrination imperitive in our public school systems in the US, and not just California.  Something tells me CR90 has another agenda, and he may be repressing his own feelings on the matter.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 07:22:25 AM »
There may be a liberal agenda in the California education system, but my point stands regardless. Is it a hallmark of conservatism to hate or despise homosexuals? How can teaching tolerance of other human beings ever be considered 'indoctrination'?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:18 AM »
There may be a liberal agenda in the California education system, but my point stands regardless. Is it a hallmark of conservatism to hate or despise homosexuals? How can teaching tolerance of other human beings ever be considered 'indoctrination'?
No, not a hallmark of conservatism, but certainly of fundamentalist christian nutcaseness.  And there is more to the liberal agenda than simply gay tolerance.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:01 AM »
Back on topic:

Why does CR90 think he can deny other people's lifestyles, based on his lifestyle?

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 07:39:58 AM »
Back on topic:

Why does CR90 think he can deny other people's lifestyles, based on his lifestyle?

Because we have a legislative process that allows them to. I wish we could boot the christian nuts from the party.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
Back on topic:

Because we have a legislative process that allows them to. I wish we could boot the christian nuts from the party.

QFT

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »
This is ridiculous, people should be allowed to do whatever makes them happy, so long as it does not harm another, and no, being offended is not the same as being harmed.

CR90, there is no evidence to back up your statement that homosexuality is caused by some sort of trauma, being sexual or otherwise.  As of now there are many theories as to what causes homosexuality, but there is no consensus on any one.

Here's an interesting one, saw it on dateline or a similar program: if you are a male, and you mother had given birth to a male before you (older brother), it has been found that you are more likely to be homosexual.  For some reason the sames results are not seen in those who have an older sister, or in female homosexuals with an older brother, those populations are just as likely to be gay as anybody else.  But in the case of a male having an older brother their chances are much higher statistically.  As of now there is no scientific explanation for this, there are theories about hormonal changes in the womb after the mother gives birth to a boy, that would somehow effect the development of a second boy, but that has not been proven.  This phenomenon however does suggest that homosexuality may have a physiological cause that happens during the development of the fetus.

Here's a little bit on that:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9413-male-sexuality-may-be-decided-in-the-womb.html

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »
And there is more to the liberal agenda than simply gay tolerance.

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I said earlier. I'm just saying that it doesn't apply to this particular issue.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:15 PM »
So, when the fuck is CR90 going to have time to debate it out? Also, there is no evidence to back up his outlandish claims.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »
Well he pretty much ignored all the good arguments and instead focussed on whining about california's "indoctrination" so he probably might just abandon the thread.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
Well he pretty much ignored all the good arguments and instead focussed on whining about california's "indoctrination" so he probably might just abandon the thread.
That makes a change, im surprised he hasnt locked the thread.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »
He just parrots what his parents/church/FOXNEWS say.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »

wow. Irony.

Who gave you the idea that Gays were somehow lesser people, (morally, or otherwise).  Did they provide any evidence to support that conclusion?  Did you accept it without challenge?  If you did, then that is the definition of indoctrination.

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »

Well let me offer you some insight. First of all, I didn't go to a public school.

Second of all, my teachers never EVER brought up their sexual orientations (except when asked obviously) But even if he did, I do not see how it matters, as I too personally know many gays (more bisexuals actually) and none of my opinions about the subject ever came from my school education. Stop being so immature,  Proposition 8 was denied in our state, and although I don't see any problem with human beings having the right to marry whoever they want, I think you should stop being so ignorant and educate yourself a little. And it's pretty ironic how you say indoctrination at MY schools are pathetic, when you have conservative "intelligent design" being brought up in your text books.

But don't get me wrong. The educational system sucks balls here, and I will admit is run by an overall liberal agenda, mostly because of the fact that it's so diverse that it would be impossible not to.

?

grogberries

• I am large! I contain multitudes!
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 06:47:58 PM »

Bah. Conservatives are supposed to be for states rights. Clearly he is some left-wing nut. He probably hates Jesus and disregards family values.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:51:03 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 07:15:26 AM »

Bah. Conservatives are supposed to be for states rights. Clearly he is some left-wing nut. He probably hates Jesus and disregards family values.
Yes, but sadly we have the fundies in our coalition, so we have to listen to this garbage. I doubt he is left wing.

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

Bah. Conservatives are supposed to be for states rights.

Not really. Most conservatives these days are going against many of the state rights.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:25:07 PM by Areweonfiya »

?

grogberries

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
Well, a lot states are repealing state law from with in the state and not through the federal government. But I also assume a lot of funding and lobbying is crossing state boarders which is really a surrogate for a federal government that is not an elected body representing the population of the state.

CR90 does sound pretty liberal to me still.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:29:51 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:54 AM »

Bah. Conservatives are supposed to be for states rights.

Not really. Most conservatives these days are going against many of the state rights.
How so, other than this particular issue?

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 04:07:16 AM »
Stop being so immature,  Proposition 8 was denied in our state, and although I don't see any problem with human beings having the right to marry whoever they want, I think you should stop being so ignorant and educate yourself a little.

I brought this up in another thread, but I'll ask it here too.

Based on your above comment; should blood relatives then have the right to marry?
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Guessed

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
Stop being so immature,  Proposition 8 was denied in our state, and although I don't see any problem with human beings having the right to marry whoever they want, I think you should stop being so ignorant and educate yourself a little.

I brought this up in another thread, but I'll ask it here too.

Based on your above comment; should blood relatives then have the right to marry?

Marry, yes, breed, no.
Is Dino open source?

Quote from: grogberries

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:06 AM »
not all churchs preach gay-hate. just saying. my christian pastor invited some of his gay friends to his church. they didn't show up, but i would feel comfortable bringing a gay couple with me.

and honestly, what does it matter if gay individuals are confused? if they are happy, why not let it be?

and on the abuse issue, i know plenty of straight people who have been abused, and are perfectly happy in their love lives.

?

grogberries

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
Why would a gay couple go to church when the church teaches that their fundamental life style is a sin? It's like if black people went to a really friendly KKK meeting.
Think hard. Think Flat.

?

The Terror

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »
Mohammed Ali went to a KKK meeting

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
Mohammed Ali went to a KKK meeting

Winston Churchill met Stalin. He must have been a communist.

?

The Terror

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 02:56:27 PM »
I don't follow your line of logic