Air Pressure vs Gravity

• 1933 Replies
?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
Air Pressure vs Gravity
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:34:42 AM »
I'm going to delete all my posts in this topic because this is the Q&A.
If you're seriously interested in understanding then start a topic up in general or debate.

As per your request, here it is in FEG.

Sceptimatic, I was wondering if you could explain what force is causing the ball and feather in the following video to rapidly move from the top of the chamber to the bottom and then remain there?:

Their density overcoming the atmosphere it was placed in.
If you create, by force, a potential energy, then you know that for every action there will be an equal and opposite reaction.
Basically if you place dense matter into the atmosphere then the atmosphere will act upon it unless a force goes against it.

Sorry if I am a bit behind the curve here but I might have to back up a bit. Do you believe that as altitude increases air pressure decreases and vice versa? Does this same effect happen in water? Why?

I feel like you are trying to argue that objects fall down due to their lack of buoyancy, whether it be in water or air or something else. My question is, why down? Why doesn't the pressure squirt non buoyant objects off to the left or right or maybe even straight up? Why always down? Down is a higher pressure area. It would seem more logical if pressure was what was acting on an object, that it would force it into an area of lower pressure, not higher.
That is what happens.

I feel I'm pissing against the wind with you so I'm gonna leave it at that. You have no intention of grasping it, just like most globalists.
Come back to me when you want to honestly. I said HONESTLY try to grasp it without bias or doing it to look good for your internet (so called) friends.

Well I don't see my self subscribing to it any time soon but I am trying to understand your theory(?). And does not air pressure increase as altitude decreases? This is why I don't understand why air pressure alone would cause an object to fall.

“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Air Pressure vs Gravity
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:00 AM »
And does not air pressure increase as altitude decreases? This is why I don't understand why air pressure alone would cause an object to fall.

I'm going to give you something to think about and answer. Let's see if you come to the right thought on it and if not, I'll explain, because this is a good way to prove what you're dead against.

Open a tin of solid dog food or something that if formed in the tin with gelatin. Try and bash out the contents after you open the lid.
It's difficult, right?

Ok, now pierce a hole in the other end of the tin and now bash the contents out.
They come out easy. Why?

Answer this and you might start to grasp stuff.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:39:04 AM »
And does not air pressure increase as altitude decreases? This is why I don't understand why air pressure alone would cause an object to fall.

I'm going to give you something to think about and answer. Let's see if you come to the right thought on it and if not, I'll explain, because this is a good way to prove what you're dead against.

Open a tin of solid dog food or something that if formed in the tin with gelatin. Try and bash out the contents after you open the lid.
It's difficult, right?

Ok, now pierce a hole in the other end of the tin and now bash the contents out.
They come out easy. Why?

Atmospheric pressure, similar to how suction cups work, or the way you can hold water in a straw with your thumb on top.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:12:48 AM »

By 'right thought' you mean 'agree with me'. Two different things.

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

It is doing that because by piercing the lid you are allowing the air pressure inside and outside the tin to equalise, which means gravity is able to act on the dog food.

Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 03:22:15 AM »

By 'right thought' you mean 'agree with me'. Two different things.

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

It is doing that because by piercing the lid you are allowing the air pressure inside and outside the tin to equalise, which means gravity is able to act on the dog food.
Does your gravity pull or push?

onebigmonkey

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 03:32:14 AM »
Massive vacuum chamber.

No air.

Gravity working just fine:

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 03:46:27 AM »
40 cm2 vacuum holder pulling up about 200 kgs Facade glass. (Actually max 500 but a market product claim it is 200 kgs, for that reason i accept that value as 200 kgs)

Calculate:

If 40 cm2 vacuum holder pulling up about 200 kgs Facade glass, * 1 m2 vacuum holder pulls up about 25x200 = 5 tones.

Vacuum effects about 5 t/m2 in land level.

Think an average man as 80 kgs and 1,80 metres. Get it 2 metre for easy calculating. We can get width of a human as 1 meter. So a human about 1m withg * 2 mt heigh * 2 sides = 4 m2

Vacuum effects a man about 5 t/m2 * 4m^2 = 20 t.

Vacuum effects a man about 20.000 kgs and gravity effects a man about 80 kgs.

Vacuum fucks to gravity about 250 times and does it in the land level which gravity strongest !

Fuck your air pressure vacuum calculations mofo fake scientists!

*Corrected by a Market product source

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:05:27 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 05:03:19 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

Because the air pressure inside the can has equalized with the air pressure outside of the can and presumably you are "bashing" with the can turned upside down so gravity will assist you. If you try to bash the contents out while the can remains facing up you will still struggle.

Are you saying that what holds the dog food in the can is what holds things on the earth?

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »
You can use vacuum holders on glass, but try using it on a teddy bear. Doesn't work. Why doesn't the teddy bear float away into space?
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »

Think an average man as 80 kgs and 1,80 metres. Get it 2 metre for easy calculating. We can get width of a human as 1 meter. So a human about 1m withg * 2 mt heigh * 2 sides = 4 m2

Intikam bad calculate, as always. Air pressure aprox 1013 hPa = 10 t/m². Intikam wrong by 100%. Intikam forget vacuum holder work adherence force, not atmosphere force.
And average human body surface is 2m² not 4m². Again Intikam off by 100%.
Little light not give good advice to Intikam.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 05:28:57 AM »
40 cm2 vacuum holder pulling up about 200 kgs Facade glass. (Actually max 500 but a market product claim it is 200 kgs, for that reason i accept that value as 200 kgs)

Calculate:

If 40 cm2 vacuum holder pulling up about 200 kgs Facade glass, * 1 m2 vacuum holder pulls up about 25x200 = 5 tones.

Vacuum effects a man about 5 t/m2 * 4m^2 = 20 t.

Vacuum effects a man about 20.000 kgs and gravity effects a man about 80 kgs.

Vacuum fucks to gravity about 250 times and does it in the land level which gravity strongest !

Fuck your air pressure vacuum calculations mofo fake scientists!

*Corrected by a Market product source

I don't doubt any of that, though a lot of it seems garbled.
But gravity is always directed precisely downward, the force on those "vacuum cups" can be in any direction, so it is not gravity.

Let me correct that!
"Vacuum 'sucks' about 250 times at sea level where the air pressure is strongest!"

These suction devices rely on atmospheric pressure, which is caused by gravity, not the other way around.
The total atmospheric pressure over one square metre is very close to the weight of all the air above that one square metre.

But, it must be remembered that pressure is a scalar quantity and the direction of the force it causes is alway normal (at right angles) to the surface.

This is of course, absolutely necessary in the case of your suction grippers.

By the way Mr İntikam, I do not know why you do best to insult me with your "Ignore list contains only rabinoz the brain error."
If you would look back on my posts, I think you will find that I often do my best to explain things to you, and all you ever do is kick it back in my teeth!

Please do not read below this point if you object to a bit of "preaching", but I want to point out something that seems quite incongruous to me.

In the following, İntikam, I am just want to point out something that seems strange to me. Now it is not my place to judge you or say what you should or should not do, but it does seem odd to me that someone as devoutly religiously as yourself would use rude coarse language as you so often do. Language like "Vacuum fucks to gravity" and "Fuck your air pressure vacuum calculations mofo fake scientists!"

I don't know if you are quite aware of the meaning of those words in English, but take a look at
Is it haram to swear?
Is it haram to swear? I mean swearing by saying rude words for example the F*** word and etc. Is swearing haram?
“Obscene words and foul language belong to the devil. These two draw close to the fire and away from the paradise.” [Tabarani]
“Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his two jaw-bones (i.e. his mouth and tongue) and what is between his two legs (i.e. his private parts), I guarantee paradise for him.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]
These are not my words.
Now, I do not object to the use of this sort of language by anyone, use what language you like, it's not my place to judge you.
I'm just pointing out how unseemly it seems for someone in your position.

<< I modified a bit >>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:26:30 AM by rabinoz »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 06:02:25 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

Because the air pressure inside the can has equalized with the air pressure outside of the can and presumably you are "bashing" with the can turned upside down so gravity will assist you. If you try to bash the contents out while the can remains facing up you will still struggle.

Are you saying that what holds the dog food in the can is what holds things on the earth?
No. I'm saying that gravity doesn't pull the dense contents from the tin when placed upside down after opening.
You people then said air does not push and this proves it does push, the very second you start to pierce the tin at the (what now is) top.

No gravity but definite atmospheric pressure and yet you want to stick to something that cannot be explained. How sad.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 06:22:11 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

No. I'm saying that gravity doesn't pull the dense contents from the tin when placed upside down after opening.
You people then said air does not push and this proves it does push, the very second you start to pierce the tin at the (what now is) top.

No gravity but definite atmospheric pressure and yet you want to stick to something that cannot be explained. How sad.
Scepti, you do understand that gravity and atmospheric pressure aren't mutually exclusive don't you?  They can both have different effects on the same object and sometimes atmospheric pressure can be a stronger effect than gravity. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:12 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

That isn't what people are saying. Air isn't pushing the dog food out - the equalisation of pressure with the hole in the tin allows gravity to work.

No-one is denying that the atmosphere exerts a force. What is being denied here is that it produces gravity. It is the existence of gravity that makes air pressure at sea level greater than at altitude. The moon has no atmosphere at all, yet it has gravity. And no - I don't accept the tedious counter-argument you will inevitably employ there.

Again: video of giant vacuum chamber posted above, gravity working just fine.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:42 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

Scepti, you do understand that gravity and atmospheric pressure aren't mutually exclusive don't you?  They can both have different effects on the same object and sometimes atmospheric pressure can be a stronger effect than gravity.
It should be clear to any rational thinking person that atmospheric pressure is the actual reality of what we live under.
Gravity is a big con job. A real 100% con job.
It absolutely cannot be explained yet atmospheric pressure can and it fits with what we observe/feel if people took the time to actually grasp it.

I'm talking about genuine people.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 06:32:59 AM »
That isn't what people are saying. Air isn't pushing the dog food out - the equalisation of pressure with the hole in the tin allows gravity to work.
Allows gravity to work?
What a load of hog wash.

No-one is denying that the atmosphere exerts a force. What is being denied here is that it produces gravity.
Atmospheric pressure doesn't produce gravity. Gravity absolutely does not exist and is a 100% con job.

It is the existence of gravity that makes air pressure at sea level greater than at altitude.
Hogwash.

The moon has no atmosphere at all, yet it has gravity.
There is no moon for it to have anything. It's not a physical object in the sky.

And no - I don't accept the tedious counter-argument you will inevitably employ there.
I'm 100% well aware of this and frankly don't give a flying fork.
Again: video of giant vacuum chamber posted above, gravity working just fine.
A dishonest video. A big con job. Utter utter crap.

Triangles

• Forgot my old account, but i'm back.
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 06:48:36 AM »
I mean, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but if you were to suddenly move into an area of higher pressure, you wouldn't be pushed into the ground with a stronger force, in fact, pressure isn't a force, it doesn't affect acceleration towards the ground.

Even the math proves that it CAN'T move an object or supply a force (such as towards the ground).
kg*m*s-2 / m2 = kg*m-1*s-2

Measured in kilograms per meters seconds squared or pascals. This is a vector over an area or a scalar.

It doesn't have properties to provide a directional force on anything, it provides a uniform "push" on every surface of an area, in every direction and side, therefore it causes a delta(position) = 0.
The sooner you start to engage your brain and stop looking up equations for what happens, the sooner you'll actually grasp reality.
I won't hold my breath with you, though.

Well, I don't have to look those up, considering everyone should know the units for Force and Area...

However, you are making a statement that is grounded in physics, therefore if the math and concept don't agree, you are incorrect. You cannot tell me not to rely on math, the language of physics, to explain to you physics.

I'm just bring this conversation back up, because I don't really feel like retyping the whole pressure isn't a force and can't apply a force if an object is wholly affected by it
Quote from:  rabinoz
::) Sandokhanian Science  ::).
Ah yes, I majored in this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 06:51:20 AM »
I mean, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but if you were to suddenly move into an area of higher pressure, you wouldn't be pushed into the ground with a stronger force, in fact, pressure isn't a force, it doesn't affect acceleration towards the ground.

Even the math proves that it CAN'T move an object or supply a force (such as towards the ground).
kg*m*s-2 / m2 = kg*m-1*s-2

Measured in kilograms per meters seconds squared or pascals. This is a vector over an area or a scalar.

It doesn't have properties to provide a directional force on anything, it provides a uniform "push" on every surface of an area, in every direction and side, therefore it causes a delta(position) = 0.
The sooner you start to engage your brain and stop looking up equations for what happens, the sooner you'll actually grasp reality.
I won't hold my breath with you, though.

Well, I don't have to look those up, considering everyone should know the units for Force and Area...

However, you are making a statement that is grounded in physics, therefore if the math and concept don't agree, you are incorrect. You cannot tell me not to rely on math, the language of physics, to explain to you physics.

I'm just bring this conversation back up, because I don't really feel like retyping the whole pressure isn't a force and can't apply a force if an object is wholly affected by it
Explain yourself.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 07:39:38 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

There's no such thing as gravity. 100% certain.
Gravity is a massive lie to keep space and a spinning Earth alive. It's complete and utter garbage.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 08:01:14 AM »
Gravity is a massive lie to keep space and a spinning Earth alive. It's complete and utter garbage.
Too bad you don't have any evidence to back this statement up, whereas there is plenty of evidence to back up gravity. Nice try.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 08:13:57 AM »
Strange, when I put a scale in a vacuum desiccator I saw no change in weight. 

Added:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:17:14 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »
Too bad you don't have any evidence to back this statement up, whereas there is plenty of evidence to back up gravity. Nice try.
Come on then back gravity up. Show me how gravity works. Show me so I can be sure of it.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 08:31:39 AM »
Too bad for you, that gravity does not explain why the universe is expanding! Thats why I dont believe in it. If earth is flat and space does not exist there is no reason to define how physics operate in a mythical environment. Everything is simplified and yet explained just a thoroughly, I belive occams razor applies here in favor of a flat earth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 08:36:03 AM »
The so called g-force is another load of baloney.
It's definitely ACOM-force or atmospheric compression.
It's there in front of people's faces, literally and yet many just accept it as g-force without a second thought.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »
Scepti, do you believe in acceleration?

Does acceleration produce a force?

Could this force be commonly referred to as g-forces?

onebigmonkey

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »
So when you are in a car, and it accelerates, and you get pressed back in the seat, what's that?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Scepti, do you believe in acceleration?

Does acceleration produce a force?

Could this force be commonly referred to as g-forces?
Yes acceleration produces a force. And yes you commonly call it a g-force.
Why do you call it a g-force?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »
So when you are in a car, and it accelerates, and you get pressed back in the seat, what's that?
It's atmospheric compression. AC-force, or ACOM-force.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »

It's difficult, right?

They come out easy. Why?

Like I said earlier, I am not likely to subscribe to your idea anytime soon but why is that relevant? Right now I am just trying to understand it better.

I guess I didn't come to the right thought on your dog food example, but you said you would explain why pressure increases as altitude decreases.

And I also still don't know why you think air pressure always directs object down when that is where the air pressure is the highest.