Emergency Plane Landings

• 54 Replies

FlatMars1302

• No...Just, No
Emergency Plane Landings
« on: July 11, 2019, 08:12:16 AM »
During emergencies planes will land at the nearest airport or landing strip. The problem is that on a FE map, the emergency landings are way further away than on a RE map.

FlatMars1302

• No...Just, No
Re: Emergency Plane Landings
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »
Currently attempting to add a picture
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:16:36 AM by FlatMars1302 »

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »
Yeah, kinda funny how a plane making a one way trip from Australia to South America makes an emergency landing in Alaska.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »
Yeah, kinda funny how a plane making a one way trip from Australia to South America makes an emergency landing in Alaska.

What does this mean or have to do with the OP?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:06:08 AM »
During emergencies planes will land at the nearest airport or landing strip. The problem is that on a FE map, the emergency landings are way further away than on a RE map.

You have to use an image hosting service.

When did that happen?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

frenat

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »

When did that happen?
It didn't. There was a flight from Taiwan to Los Angeles that landed in Alaska but the great circle path for that makes sense to divert to Alaska.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:04:48 PM by frenat »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 02:01:27 PM »
Hence the biggest city in Alaska is Anchorage; This is both the place of emergency landing of airplanes and the city has cargo centers more than similar cities. benefits of being close to the center of the world. if you look at intercontinental cargo companies, you'll see that most of them are transferring in anchorage. This is the clearinghouse. The product from Asia first comes to anchorage and then goes to South America. The product from South America comes to Anchorage first, then goes to Europe or Asia. Since, there is number of pilots in Anchorage more than other places in USA.

STATISTICS

City / Number of labours / Number of pilots / LINK / number of pilot for per labour

New York City / 9,385,620 / 7,260 /  LINK / 1,292
Los Angeles / 6,118,830 / 7,178 / LINK / 852
Houston /  2,982,420 /2,070 / LINK / 1,441
Santa Maria / 185,530 / 38 / LINK / 4,882
Anchorage / 171,770 / 2120 / LINK / 81.

Inother say, one of 81 worker is pilot in Anchorage. It is rationally 10 times more than Los Angeles, 15 times more than Houston and New York, and 60 times more than Santa Maria which similar compared population. Number of pilots in Anchorage is more than even Houston the 4th biggest city in USA. Why do they need such many pilots? 

"Houston we have a problem" out, "Anchorage, we have a problem" in.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

?

frenat

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:38 PM »
Hence the biggest city in Alaska is Anchorage; This is both the place of emergency landing of airplanes and the city has cargo centers more than similar cities. benefits of being close to the center of the world. if you look at intercontinental cargo companies, you'll see that most of them are transferring in anchorage. This is the clearinghouse. The product from Asia first comes to anchorage and then goes to South America. The product from South America comes to Anchorage first, then goes to Europe or Asia. Since, there is number of pilots in Anchorage more than other places in USA.

STATISTICS

City / Number of labours / Number of pilots / LINK / number of pilot for per labour

New York City / 9,385,620 / 7,260 /  LINK / 1,292
Los Angeles / 6,118,830 / 7,178 / LINK / 852
Houston /  2,982,420 /2,070 / LINK / 1,441
Santa Maria / 185,530 / 38 / LINK / 4,882
Anchorage / 171,770 / 2120 / LINK / 81.

Inother say, one of 81 worker is pilot in Anchorage. It is rationally 10 times more than Los Angeles, 15 times more than Houston and New York, and 60 times more than Santa Maria which similar compared population. Number of pilots in Anchorage is more than even Houston the 4th biggest city in USA.

Why do they need such many pilots?  ;D
Many remote areas of Alaska can only be reached by plane. Quite likely that many of those pilots fly small aircraft.

also commercial airline pilots don't have to live in the same city they routinely fly out of. They can take a flight as a passenger to the city they then fly out of for their job. Alaska not only doesn't have state income tax but also gives residents extra money from the oil industry making it a more profitable state to live in.

but more likely the first answer regarding remote areas.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 02:06:50 PM »
Show one instance where it does!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 02:17:17 PM »
You claim that, "The product from South America comes to Anchorage first".

Please provide some evidence for this claim.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »

Is it my only claim? You are writing this for you want to make more blabbing.

What about number of pilots in Anchorage being more than even Houston?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 02:45:20 PM »
Except that never happened.
Are you confusing that with the one departing Asia and heading to North America, where it stopped at a reasonable airport given the great circle path connecting the 2, where it only appeared to make no sense to people pretending Earth is a cylinder?

Mikey T.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
As usual misattributung things, i.e. bald face lying, to claim support for their own misconceptions.  If I had to guess, I would say maybe 5 to 10 percent of current flight paths could be made to work on a flat Earth, hence the reason for the claims that pilots know but follow orders to hide the supposed true shape of the Earth.  Not one one way flight to or from Australia to South America has ever emergency landed in Alaska.  Pure, unadulterated lies yet again. 
Perhaps there is a FE map we could plot existing flight paths on so we could discuss if the pilots are in in the conspiracy?  I still, after a few years now, await a single map that fits all FE claims.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 05:53:01 PM »

Yes, it's your claim that "The product from South America comes to Anchorage first, then goes to Europe or Asia."
All I was asking was for you to "provide some evidence for this claim". Why is that so hard?

Unless, of course, you have no evidence!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »

Yes, it's your claim that "The product from South America comes to Anchorage first, then goes to Europe or Asia."
All I was asking was for you to "provide some evidence for this claim". Why is that so hard?

You know I have, just you are trying to provocate me. I've examined all the airports know which aircrafts come and goes. I will show evidences and you will deny them like everytime you do. And you will continue to blabbing.

Why can not you say anything about Why the number of pilots in Anchorage being more than Houston? Because?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:34 PM »

You know I have, just you are trying to provocate me. I've examined all the airports know which aircrafts come and goes. I will show evidences and you will deny them like everytime you do. And you will continue to blabbing.

Why can not you say anything about Why the number of pilots in Anchorage being more than Houston? Because?

There doesn't really seem to be a need. It's pretty obvious, isn't it? The ratio of pilots to labor at the Anchorage airport as opposed to the rest of them makes the answer obvious. The ratio of pilots to labor is so high because there are a lot fewer passengers and a lot less cargo per plane. Because there are a lot more small planes flying in and out of Anchorage airport and planes are a lot more reliable means of travel in Alaska.

Look at photos of the Anchorage airport and the Houston airport and you will easily see the difference in the kind of air traffic they regularly receive.

Edit: Corrected a couple terminology errors.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:08:26 PM by EvolvedMantisShrimp »
Nullius in Verba

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:01 PM »
Please note that I was not at any time questioning the "number of pilots in Anchorage being more than Houston" and Anchorage could well be a good place for distribution to Europe and SE Asia.

But that has nothing to do with your claim that "The product from South America comes to Anchorage first, then goes to Europe or Asia."
All I was asking was for you to "provide some evidence for this claim".
Why is it so hard to provide evidence that "product from South America comes to Anchorage first"?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »
Please note that I was not at any time questioning the "number of pilots in Anchorage being more than Houston" and Anchorage could well be a good place for distribution to Europe and SE Asia.

You have not talked about it because you know it completely proves that the earth is flat. You can not chose inside questions. You have to reply all the statements.

You can not answer the question why number of pilots in Anchorage are more than Houston, because you know; it is centered and aircrafts use Anchorage as emergency plane landing.

You are simply ignoring this reality and trying to talk about an issue gives you to blabbing. You can't escape.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 10:00:34 PM »

Because there's a whole lot more bush pilots to get people and stuff around Alaska than needed around Houston. A lot of guys who do stuff like this:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »
You can not answer the question why number of pilots in Anchorage are more than Houston, because you know;
I answered that and agreed that it was a place that might be a useful distribution point for places in the Northern Hemisphere!

Quote from: wise
it is centered and aircrafts use Anchorage as emergency plane landing.
It is only centred in the Northern Hemisphere and is never used as an emergency landing place for in the Southern Hemisphere flights!

If you disagree do not simple post your own words. Post evidence for any Southern Hemisphere flights using Anchorage as an emergency diversion point.

And I am still waiting for your evidence for your claim that "product from South America comes to Anchorage first".
I already said that I was not disagreeing, just asking for evidence or examples. Why is that so hard for you to do?

JackBlack

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 12:32:47 AM »
You have not talked about it because you know it completely proves that the earth is flat.
It in no way indicates Earth is flat.
Having a lot of pilots in Alaska doesn't mean Earth is flat. That is just pure nonsense.

You can not answer the question why number of pilots in Anchorage are more than Houston
Except he gave a reason.
Again, this has nothing to do with if Earth is flat.

The only thing that has any bearing on if Earth is flat is your claim that products from South America go via Alaska first.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 12:46:42 AM »
You can not answer the question why number of pilots in Anchorage are more than Houston, because you know;
I answered that and agreed that it was a place that might be a useful distribution point for places in the Northern Hemisphere!

Your agreing is insufficient. In a curve all points are equal. In this respect, there is no difference between Anchorage and anywhere in the earth. But flat earth says its being the center. Hell yeah! Anchorage is close to center so that it is the emergency landing airport. Stop crying.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 12:58:39 AM »
Your agreing is insufficient. In a curve all points are equal. In this respect, there is no difference between Anchorage and anywhere in the earth.
Only if you completely all the features.
If you don't then not all places are the same.
For example, if you make a lot of product in the US or Asia, and want to switch the location (so a US product goes to Asia or an Asian product goes to the US), then then instead of anywhere on Earth being equally suitable only a narrow region is best.

For example, you wouldn't send products from Asia to Africa and then back to the US.

So what is the best region for US<->Asia?
Well, the most suitable would be on a path connecting them.
The best places for that are Alaska and Russia.
Other locations are in the ocean/near the north pole where the weather is much worse.
So that really leaves Russia, Alaska or places further in the US or Asia.
If you go too far in, that will be a waste as products would go all the way in, just to go back.

This makes Alaska a quite reasonable location.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 12:58:53 AM »
Are we talking about Alaska because of that flight that was diverted there because a woman was giving birth? If it is the reason we are talking about Alaska it's because that was the closest major airport to them as they were traveling on their great circle flight and had to divert due to the medical emergency. Makes sense on a globe:

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2019, 01:00:41 AM »
This makes Alaska a quite reasonable location.

Inother say, you have accepted Alaska's being a centered point, right?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2019, 01:01:32 AM »
But flat earth says its being the center. Hell yeah! Anchorage is close to center so that it is the emergency landing airport.
But real airlines like New Zealand Airlines, LATAM Airlines and QANTAS know that the earth is not flat and fly close to Antarctica so cannot use Anchorage.

787 Dreamliner to fly Sydney-Santiago route
The 787 in May was certified for 330 minute extended range twin-operations (ETOPS) by the US Federal Aviation Administration, meaning it could be five and a half hours from the nearest suitable landing strip in the case one of the engines failed.

However, it is up to individual national aviation regulators to decide whether an airline is qualified to do so.

To date, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority has not approved ETOPS operations beyond 180 minutes for two-engine aircraft, although it is not clear that it has received an application from an Australian carrier to do so.

That means that remote routes, such as Australia to South Africa and Australia to South America flown by Australian carriers for the most part have used four-engine aircraft to allow for the shortest-possible route.

Sydney-Santiago is not possible with 180 minute ETOPS. It could be flown with 240 minute ETOPS but only when Easter Island's airstrip is available for landings, which isn't always the case.
If you disagree, tough, because you would be wrong! Get used to being wrong.

JackBlack

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 01:21:01 AM »
Inother say, you have accepted Alaska's being a centered point, right?
In the general scheme of Earth, NO! Alaska is not the centre.
Stop trying to manipulate what I am saying.

Alaska is a suitable location for a stop between the US and Asia to consolidate and use a single plane rather than many.
If you want to ship from multiple locations in the US to Asia, collect them all in Alaska and send them on their way.
If you want to ship from multiple locations in the US to Europe, you would be better off with Newfoundland and Labrador.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 01:24:27 AM »

Your agreing is insufficient. In a curve all points are equal. In this respect, there is no difference between Anchorage and anywhere in the earth. But flat earth says its being the center. Hell yeah! Anchorage is close to center so that it is the emergency landing airport. Stop crying.

When a plane is diverted for whatever reason it usually flies to the most reasonably close airport that can handle them and their equipment. It has nothing to do with the 'center' of anything. Planes get diverted all the time and most don't go to Alaska. That would literally make no sense.

?

frenat

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 05:17:41 AM »

Why is the explanation that they have more small planes, and hence more pilots, because many areas of the state can only be reached by plane not adequate?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »

Why is the explanation that they have more small planes, and hence more pilots, because many areas of the state can only be reached by plane not adequate?
Australia, Argentine and Chile. And the most important thing, Alaska isn't as bigger as shown in the map, as you know.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1