I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2015, 09:07:27 AM »
I question things because I like to know that those that are taking the piss are being laughed at by me, not me being laughed at by them

That sounds like the very definition of paranoia

The only way my trust can be gained is for them to show me physical proof of their claims by my own proof's, not by their shenanigans.

Why are your 'proofs' (whatever they may be) so superior to those of others?

Last year, sceptimatic carried out an expensive experiment with a newly-developed laser, a scientist colleague, and a 2km stretch of perfectly flat ice in an endeavour to prove that the earth was indeed flat.

As far as I recall, he'd finished his research, and had forwarded his conclusions to several world-renowned scientists for their consideration and, presumably, their positive peer review of his data.  Once he had confirmation of his experiment's conclusions—that the earth was actually flat—he was going to make a public announcement that would throw the accepted scientific consensus of the earth's sphericity into complete disarray.

Now, around 12 months later, we should be asking him what the opinions of the scientists who perused his research were—did they agree with his results, disagree, or remain unconvinced either way?  Presuming their peer reviews were positive, why has sceptimatic not yet made public these astounding and world-shattering [sic] research results, or at least let us know on these forums?

So... are we now to logically assume that (a) the entire "experiment" was bogus from day one, or (b) that the results of the experiment proved that the earth was indeed spherical?

Excellent. Being new here, I didn't know this. Scepti - what is the current status?
My current status is that all tests are done and are verified. All the relevant people have them and you don't need to know.
I put them out to trusted people on here. No offence to you but I trust you about as much as I'd trust a starving wolf not to eat a chicken tied to my , ahem.
Take that as a compliment because I trust Geoffrey and co about as much as  being able to walk out of  a den of wolves as I'm eating friend chicken and lathered in chicken grease, knowing the wolves are close to cannibalism.  ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »
So you're not here to prove things to others, you're here to prove things to yourself...fine, what experiments are you performing to make these confirmations for yourself? If you're still trying "to figure out exactly how the Earth is in its entirety" then what is it you're doing in order to seek this knowledge? Wouldn't you want to achieve some sort of scientific result that would affirm your beliefs?
My experiments are for me. I've explained quite a few and put them forward. What people take from them is entirely up to them.
If it wakes a few people up, then great. If not, then no problem.

As for putting it out there. I may appear stupid to people and that's fine but I'm not so stupid as to go and put my experiments forward to destroy a globe model only for me to be ridiculed back home or put in a straight jacket and cast off as some doomsday lunatic, which is exactly what would happen.
Don't even tell me any different.

I question things because I like to know that those that are taking the piss are being laughed at by me, not me being laughed at by them for putting this stuff out. It gives me a sense of knowing and freedom  of mind.

I spent too long gawping at the news and the constant spewing of clear as day bullshit to take anything they say seriously anymore.
That's just the way it is. The only way my trust can be gained is for them to show me physical proof of their claims by my own proof's, not by their shenanigans.

There's quite a few things that would nail it for me, either way. I 100% doubt it will ever be shown by those who push this stuff, except in a video that they alter themselves.

So you have evidence but you don't feel like sharing it?  Isn't that what you accuse NASA and laboratories of doing?  If someone were to believs in your model based off if what you say on the forums then they would simply be doing it out of blind faith because you haven't given any evidence to support your claims.
I'm not asking anyone to do anything they don't want to do. All I'm doing is putting my stuff out and giving people the chance to actually open their minds to possibilities.
Think for themselves instead of doing it under peer pressure.
So, essentially, you're weaseling out of giving evidence? Good job.
No. More like not giving weasels the benefit of it.

« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
Let's look at two hypothetical situations;

Scenario 1

For whatever reason, you've been given a public platform to talk about your Flat Earth Theory - let's call it 'an audience with Scepti' and it's broadcast live on TV across the world. You take centre stage and proclaim...

"The Earth is a flat because it looks flat, pictures from space are all faked because space travel is a lie created by a NASA conspiracy, gravity doesn't exist and we are all surrounded by a giant ice wall guarded by those complicit with the conspiracy. The Earth does not rotate around the sun, which by the way is only a few thousand miles up in the sky. I've come to these conclusions because my senses tell me so, just think about it" (apologies for generalising some of your theories).

You would quite rightly be branded a lunatic, nobody would take you seriously and you'd become a laughing stock. No doubt your speech would go viral on the internet and you'd achieve some fame for a few months, before inevitably fading from public consciousness and becoming a footnote somewhere on Wikipedia, a pub-quiz question.
In this scenario I would not dive right in and mention anything as a given. If I was allowed the air time, I would merely state my case as a "what if" scenario.

I'm well aware that me proclaming anything against what people have been schooled into all their lives, gives them the mass upper hand over me and like you say, I will be thought of as a lunatic from the very start, which would nullify anything I had to say from that point on.
If I walked into a pub doing the same thing, I would be classed as "that nutter" wh thinks the Earth is flat.

However, if I put out a "what if" scenario  and made a point that the whole process is a "what if" then at best I could expect half of that audience to ponder my "what if's"..knowing that I am merely putting out an alternative, just like people would do in religious terms about, what if god exists but the devil doesn't, or what if the devil exists but god doesn't, or what of none of those exist and we are on our own, or what if  our mother's and father's are not our real parents.

You know, stuff like that. You see, at best it creates a debate but the worst scenario is also creates heated debates and angry confrontation that leads to the whole point lost. It's natural human reaction but not because of open mindedness, it's the opposite.

You see, it's about the thoughts or belief's of any particular person that creates a debate or a fragmented debate or downright pandemonium.
You see, assuming I'm given air time, I'm immediately under the guidance of the host and that host is under the guidance of the scriptwriter and producer, etc.
It's common knowledge that the second I open my mouth about a "what if" when mentioning a flat Earth and the many things about it - I am immediately in front of an audience of eye rollers and even more so if I said, "what if gravity was atmospheric pressure."
Someone in the audience can say, ell ok, gravity has been measured and it's 9.8m/s/s, the workings are fine for it, we know it's real, show me your equations.
I can say "oh I don't have any because I class it as variable so it's a case of measurement depending on the mass of an object at whatever height." etc.

Cue the laughing.
I could say " I don't know the equation for it, I'm just saying what if. I mean, is it possible?"
The debate can go on but the best I could hope for  at the end by doing this is, " well he was just putting scenarios to us, it's not like he was proclaiming it without backing it up."
The worst is being told to eff off or booed.
Why?
Because as much as you want to shout out that there's back up, that supposed back up is not physically proven except to drop something at a small height and measure that alone to come to a conclusion that in a near vacuum it would be this or that and it's gravity, even though we don't know what that force is...it can be measured.

You see, most people would boo or roll their eyes because they know what it all is. They've been schooled for long enough. So if I then went for it and said, "well what if the world is actually flat and not a globe."
I'd be laughed out of the place, including the ridiculing quips by the host, because everyone knows it's a globe, they've seen pictures and the sun rises and sets and look at space and all the rest of it.

Scenario 2

For whatever reason, you've been given a public platform to talk about your Flat Earth Theory - let's call it 'an audience with Scepti' and it's broadcast live on TV across the world. You take centre stage and state all of the things you asserted in the first scenario, only this time you follow it with actual proof..."here is the science behind my claims, as proven by various and repeated experiments" and "...here is the maths supporting my experimentation and here is how it holds up under scrutiny". You show, through rigorous research and experimentation, that the Earth is flat, and in the process you disprove a round Earth, showing how we have all been deceived for so long.
This scenario wouldn't happen but if it did and I provided proof, I would be intentionally ridiculed. Not by the audience but by the very people that gave me the platform because even if they genuinely wanted to give me that platform, I'm fairly certain that they would be told to shut it down and ridicule me and my name would be forever known as the loony with his natshit crazy ideas who is a danger to society...or whatever.
I truly believe this would be the case.
Look at the amount of people that have tried to open people's eyes. They are cast off as looney's.
Look, let's be honest and think about this.
Everything about space is geared for a globe and so is space travel and all the rest of the add on's. Do you seriously think air time would be given to anyone who had concrete proof that it was a lie?
They would allow anyone on who had no direct physical proof because there's only going to be one winner and very few people are going to take what's said, onboard due to fear of ridicule by their peers, even if they did see ruth or potential truth in it.
It's human nature to follow a trend of any kind. The masses win all the time, which means they will follow what they're told to follow.

If your theory is complete and airtight, then the scientific community would be unable to disprove it and you would completely change what is considered fact. You would be hailed as a genius, no doubt win the Nobel Prize and would received untold riches. You would be studied for hundreds/thousands of years and remembered as a visionary of great historical significance. You would be mentioned in the same breath as Newton and Einstein.
I would win a sniper bullet to the forehead or be found hanging due to depression or something. I certainly wouldn't be recieving any star prize unless it was a ninja star jammed into me.

Right now you're just repeating scenario 1 over and over, but on a far smaller scale (this forum). Care to strive towards scenario 2 at any point? Again, I reiterate, I'm a truth seeker, and if you're interested in helping people see the truth, then help me out a little. Merely saying 'think deeper and question what you know' just isn't enough I'm afraid.
You know that I cannot physically prove what I'm saying. You believe you can physically prove what you are saying because you have mainstream science books to back you up and also the wider public to agree.
That's fine. I understand your stance.

If you appear to want to find the truth, I can only offer tid bits along with other's. I can't make you question. I can't make you decide to look at a different picture.
I could only do that with direct proof. Nobody is going to allow anyone to provide that direct proof because all of the proof's are behind a security blanket.

You have to make a choice for yourself to question just one thing. Pick the weakest argument about your globe. Question it and see where you go.
You're not argung against me and I'm not arguing against you or anyone else on here. I'm simply probing and coming up with reasons as to why the Earth is not a globe. Nobody has to take it onboard, just take it as a thought process. Use me as a thinking process. A could it be or maybe there is something in this....or simply dismiss it all and keep to the model you were comfortably brought up with, to present day.

All I say is, if you're here then you must have some kind of doubt about something's...if so, then have a go at questioning it, because simply sticking to your trusted model will gain you no ground, because it's all been heard before and is being argued against for a reason, whether that reason is legitimate to you or not.

I don't spend my time typing all this stuff just for a laugh and I'm not insane. All I'm doing is picking away. There's lot's I can learn off people on here, unfortunately I won't be learing anything new from people who push a globe model, unless they talk about something different that gives me more food for thought.

For me and this is the truth. There's so much magic involved in a globe model that it renders it not only wrong, but absolutely ludicrous. That's my personal opinion, don't take it as a personal dig at you. You are like anyone else who came here. You came with a globe in mind. I did once...not anymore and you know how strong my mind is, so if I can be changed to think alternatively or question stuff, then anyone can...but...it's entirely up to you.

The best compliment I can give you is that you certainly put a hell of a lot more thought into your worldview than other FE'ers around here. Even thought I completely disagree with you on almost every point, I respect you enough to at least debate with you on these topics. At the very least, you are coherent (unlike Bloomington) and you don't quote a load of scripture to back up your claims (iWitness). Similarly, if you are a troll, then you're a fantastic one.

I question things because I like to know that those that are taking the piss are being laughed at by me, not me being laughed at by them

The only way my trust can be gained is for them to show me physical proof of their claims by my own proof's, not by their shenanigans.

Last year, sceptimatic carried out an expensive experiment with a newly-developed laser, a scientist colleague, and a 2km stretch of perfectly flat ice in an endeavour to prove that the earth was indeed flat.

As far as I recall, he'd finished his research, and had forwarded his conclusions to several world-renowned scientists for their consideration and, presumably, their positive peer review of his data.  Once he had confirmation of his experiment's conclusions—that the earth was actually flat—he was going to make a public announcement that would throw the accepted scientific consensus of the earth's sphericity into complete disarray.

Now, around 12 months later, we should be asking him what the opinions of the scientists who perused his research were—did they agree with his results, disagree, or remain unconvinced either way?  Presuming their peer reviews were positive, why has sceptimatic not yet made public these astounding and world-shattering [sic] research results, or at least let us know on these forums?

So... are we now to logically assume that (a) the entire "experiment" was bogus from day one, or (b) that the results of the experiment proved that the earth was indeed spherical?

Excellent. Being new here, I didn't know this. Scepti - what is the current status?
My current status is that all tests are done and are verified. All the relevant people have them and you don't need to know.
I put them out to trusted people on here. No offence to you but I trust you about as much as I'd trust a starving wolf not to eat a chicken tied to my , ahem.
Take that as a compliment because I trust Geoffrey and co about as much as  being able to walk out of  a den of wolves as I'm eating friend chicken and lathered in chicken grease, knowing the wolves are close to cannibalism.  ;D

Back to the point, I wasn't asking for you to show me your research. I merely enquired as to the current status ie what where the responses from the world-leading scientists? Has your work been met with acclaim? I could always show your work to some of my Physics colleagues - some of whom achieved world leading status in the recent REF results - and see what they make of it?

REF = Research Excellence Framework, used to assess academic research in UK Universities.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »

If your theories are right then e can't disprove them and if they are wrong then disproving then would be a good thing.  Hitler actually assigned a team of scientists the task of proving Eanstein wrong at one point and this is when Einstein said "If I was wrong then they would only need one scientist", but Hitler's team failed at disproving Einstein because he was right.  There is never any harm in posting your evidence unless you know that it is wrong and you want to believe it is right, so what are you afraid of?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »
Let's look at two hypothetical situations;

Scenario 1

For whatever reason, you've been given a public platform to talk about your Flat Earth Theory - let's call it 'an audience with Scepti' and it's broadcast live on TV across the world. You take centre stage and proclaim...

"The Earth is a flat because it looks flat, pictures from space are all faked because space travel is a lie created by a NASA conspiracy, gravity doesn't exist and we are all surrounded by a giant ice wall guarded by those complicit with the conspiracy. The Earth does not rotate around the sun, which by the way is only a few thousand miles up in the sky. I've come to these conclusions because my senses tell me so, just think about it" (apologies for generalising some of your theories).

You would quite rightly be branded a lunatic, nobody would take you seriously and you'd become a laughing stock. No doubt your speech would go viral on the internet and you'd achieve some fame for a few months, before inevitably fading from public consciousness and becoming a footnote somewhere on Wikipedia, a pub-quiz question.
In this scenario I would not dive right in and mention anything as a given. If I was allowed the air time, I would merely state my case as a "what if" scenario.

I'm well aware that me proclaming anything against what people have been schooled into all their lives, gives them the mass upper hand over me and like you say, I will be thought of as a lunatic from the very start, which would nullify anything I had to say from that point on.
If I walked into a pub doing the same thing, I would be classed as "that nutter" wh thinks the Earth is flat.

However, if I put out a "what if" scenario  and made a point that the whole process is a "what if" then at best I could expect half of that audience to ponder my "what if's"..knowing that I am merely putting out an alternative, just like people would do in religious terms about, what if god exists but the devil doesn't, or what if the devil exists but god doesn't, or what of none of those exist and we are on our own, or what if  our mother's and father's are not our real parents.

You know, stuff like that. You see, at best it creates a debate but the worst scenario is also creates heated debates and angry confrontation that leads to the whole point lost. It's natural human reaction but not because of open mindedness, it's the opposite.

You see, it's about the thoughts or belief's of any particular person that creates a debate or a fragmented debate or downright pandemonium.
You see, assuming I'm given air time, I'm immediately under the guidance of the host and that host is under the guidance of the scriptwriter and producer, etc.
It's common knowledge that the second I open my mouth about a "what if" when mentioning a flat Earth and the many things about it - I am immediately in front of an audience of eye rollers and even more so if I said, "what if gravity was atmospheric pressure."
Someone in the audience can say, ell ok, gravity has been measured and it's 9.8m/s/s, the workings are fine for it, we know it's real, show me your equations.
I can say "oh I don't have any because I class it as variable so it's a case of measurement depending on the mass of an object at whatever height." etc.

Cue the laughing.
I could say " I don't know the equation for it, I'm just saying what if. I mean, is it possible?"
The debate can go on but the best I could hope for  at the end by doing this is, " well he was just putting scenarios to us, it's not like he was proclaiming it without backing it up."
The worst is being told to eff off or booed.
Why?
Because as much as you want to shout out that there's back up, that supposed back up is not physically proven except to drop something at a small height and measure that alone to come to a conclusion that in a near vacuum it would be this or that and it's gravity, even though we don't know what that force is...it can be measured.

You see, most people would boo or roll their eyes because they know what it all is. They've been schooled for long enough. So if I then went for it and said, "well what if the world is actually flat and not a globe."
I'd be laughed out of the place, including the ridiculing quips by the host, because everyone knows it's a globe, they've seen pictures and the sun rises and sets and look at space and all the rest of it.

Scenario 2

For whatever reason, you've been given a public platform to talk about your Flat Earth Theory - let's call it 'an audience with Scepti' and it's broadcast live on TV across the world. You take centre stage and state all of the things you asserted in the first scenario, only this time you follow it with actual proof..."here is the science behind my claims, as proven by various and repeated experiments" and "...here is the maths supporting my experimentation and here is how it holds up under scrutiny". You show, through rigorous research and experimentation, that the Earth is flat, and in the process you disprove a round Earth, showing how we have all been deceived for so long.
This scenario wouldn't happen but if it did and I provided proof, I would be intentionally ridiculed. Not by the audience but by the very people that gave me the platform because even if they genuinely wanted to give me that platform, I'm fairly certain that they would be told to shut it down and ridicule me and my name would be forever known as the loony with his natshit crazy ideas who is a danger to society...or whatever.
I truly believe this would be the case.
Look at the amount of people that have tried to open people's eyes. They are cast off as looney's.
Look, let's be honest and think about this.
Everything about space is geared for a globe and so is space travel and all the rest of the add on's. Do you seriously think air time would be given to anyone who had concrete proof that it was a lie?
They would allow anyone on who had no direct physical proof because there's only going to be one winner and very few people are going to take what's said, onboard due to fear of ridicule by their peers, even if they did see ruth or potential truth in it.
It's human nature to follow a trend of any kind. The masses win all the time, which means they will follow what they're told to follow.

If your theory is complete and airtight, then the scientific community would be unable to disprove it and you would completely change what is considered fact. You would be hailed as a genius, no doubt win the Nobel Prize and would received untold riches. You would be studied for hundreds/thousands of years and remembered as a visionary of great historical significance. You would be mentioned in the same breath as Newton and Einstein.
I would win a sniper bullet to the forehead or be found hanging due to depression or something. I certainly wouldn't be recieving any star prize unless it was a ninja star jammed into me.

Right now you're just repeating scenario 1 over and over, but on a far smaller scale (this forum). Care to strive towards scenario 2 at any point? Again, I reiterate, I'm a truth seeker, and if you're interested in helping people see the truth, then help me out a little. Merely saying 'think deeper and question what you know' just isn't enough I'm afraid.
You know that I cannot physically prove what I'm saying. You believe you can physically prove what you are saying because you have mainstream science books to back you up and also the wider public to agree.
That's fine. I understand your stance.

If you appear to want to find the truth, I can only offer tid bits along with other's. I can't make you question. I can't make you decide to look at a different picture.
I could only do that with direct proof. Nobody is going to allow anyone to provide that direct proof because all of the proof's are behind a security blanket.

You have to make a choice for yourself to question just one thing. Pick the weakest argument about your globe. Question it and see where you go.
You're not argung against me and I'm not arguing against you or anyone else on here. I'm simply probing and coming up with reasons as to why the Earth is not a globe. Nobody has to take it onboard, just take it as a thought process. Use me as a thinking process. A could it be or maybe there is something in this....or simply dismiss it all and keep to the model you were comfortably brought up with, to present day.

All I say is, if you're here then you must have some kind of doubt about something's...if so, then have a go at questioning it, because simply sticking to your trusted model will gain you no ground, because it's all been heard before and is being argued against for a reason, whether that reason is legitimate to you or not.

I don't spend my time typing all this stuff just for a laugh and I'm not insane. All I'm doing is picking away. There's lot's I can learn off people on here, unfortunately I won't be learing anything new from people who push a globe model, unless they talk about something different that gives me more food for thought.

For me and this is the truth. There's so much magic involved in a globe model that it renders it not only wrong, but absolutely ludicrous. That's my personal opinion, don't take it as a personal dig at you. You are like anyone else who came here. You came with a globe in mind. I did once...not anymore and you know how strong my mind is, so if I can be changed to think alternatively or question stuff, then anyone can...but...it's entirely up to you.

The best compliment I can give you is that you certainly put a hell of a lot more thought into your worldview than other FE'ers around here. Even thought I completely disagree with you on almost every point, I respect you enough to at least debate with you on these topics. At the very least, you are coherent (unlike Bloomington) and you don't quote a load of scripture to back up your claims (iWitness). Similarly, if you are a troll, then you're a fantastic one.

Back to the point, I wasn't asking for you to show me your research. I merely enquired as to the current status ie what where the responses from the world-leading scientists? Has your work been met with acclaim? I could always show your work to some of my Physics colleagues - some of whom achieved world leading status in the recent REF results - and see what they make of it?

REF = Research Excellence Framework, used to assess academic research in UK Universities.
You seem one of the more reasonable global Earth posters and I'll respect you for that.
The tests I've done have been verified by scientific people, some of whom have performed very much the same test because what I showed them, impressed and shocked them.
I showed how it was all done with a diagram to some global Earther's on here and they chose to ridicule it. I have since decided to keep it firmly locked away from global Earther's. Trust as a great issue and wasting my time, as some have done is not taken lightly with me.

Don't take this personally but you will simply have to go by thoughts on here when dealing with me and disagree as you feel, which is fine by me. Maybe one day something may hit home for you and set your mind into motion on thoughts alternate to what you firmly adhere to.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:20 AM »

If your theories are right then e can't disprove them and if they are wrong then disproving then would be a good thing.  Hitler actually assigned a team of scientists the task of proving Eanstein wrong at one point and this is when Einstein said "If I was wrong then they would only need one scientist", but Hitler's team failed at disproving Einstein because he was right.  There is never any harm in posting your evidence unless you know that it is wrong and you want to believe it is right, so what are you afraid of?
It's not about being afraid. It's about not just giving stuff out to anyone for the sake of it.
I described and diagrammed my stuff and gave a few people the benefit of seeing what it was all about. They chose to go into ridicule mode and call me a liar. I simply smiled and cast them aside. The trust with globalites is gone.

You people don't help yourselves if you are genuine.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
You seem one of the more reasonable global Earth posters and I'll respect you for that.
The tests I've done have been verified by scientific people, some of whom have performed very much the same test because what I showed them, impressed and shocked them.
I showed how it was all done with a diagram to some global Earther's on here and they chose to ridicule it. I have since decided to keep it firmly locked away from global Earther's. Trust as a great issue and wasting my time, as some have done is not taken lightly with me.

Don't take this personally but you will simply have to go by thoughts on here when dealing with me and disagree as you feel, which is fine by me. Maybe one day something may hit home for you and set your mind into motion on thoughts alternate to what you firmly adhere to.

The reason everyone here ridicules you is because you don't post any evidence, and the reason you don't post any evidence is because everyone ridicules you.  If your claims are true then there will be no harm in posting your evidence and you sure will teach us indoctorinated globalist a a lesson, so why don't you do it?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
It's not about being afraid. It's about not just giving stuff out to anyone for the sake of it.
I described and diagrammed my stuff and gave a few people the benefit of seeing what it was all about. They chose to go into ridicule mode and call me a liar. I simply smiled and cast them aside. The trust with globalites is gone.

If you don't cite your evidence then nobody is going to take you seriously, it's as simple as that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »

The reason everyone here ridicules you is because you don't post any evidence, and the reason you don't post any evidence is because everyone ridicules you.  If your claims are true then there will be no harm in posting your evidence and you sure will teach us indoctorinated globalist a a lesson, so why don't you do it?
Because I'm not the least bit interested in people like you to give you the benefit of the truth for you to deny in a fit.
You really need to stop harping on about evidence being shown physically when you can't even produce your own even when your backed up by mainstream science, except to produce fake mages and such, which isn't your fault, because you believe them to be real.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »

If you don't cite your evidence then nobody is going to take you seriously, it's as simple as that.
Do me a favour and read this post thoroughly. It'll save you time in posting the same stuff to me.

I do not care who takes me seriously. All people need to do is read what I say and decide for themselves if what I say has any relevance.
They can have me down as a stark raving nutter. All I say is, look past the stark raving nutter and question stuff. That's all that can be done and either way it has no bearing on me, it has a bearing on what the individual thinks for themselves.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »

Because I'm not the least bit interested in people like you to give you the benefit of the truth for you to deny in a fit.
You really need to stop harping on about evidence being shown physically when you can't even produce your own even when your backed up by mainstream science, except to produce fake mages and such, which isn't your fault, because you believe them to be real.

Ummm...  The long in my forum signature is proof that the Earth is round in the form of an experiment that Dephelis and I did.  I could post proof ask day but it's just immediately rejected by flat earthers.  Just humour me and post some evidence, because a theory without evidence is just a speculation.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2015, 12:18:20 PM »

Ummm...  The long in my forum signature is proof that the Earth is round in the form of an experiment that Dephelis and I did.  I could post proof ask day but it's just immediately rejected by flat earthers.  Just humour me and post some evidence, because a theory without evidence is just a speculation.
You've been on here long enough to figure stuff out amid a lot of evidence that you simply refute or choose not to even look at.
You're not here for evidence for a flat Earth. You're stuck rigidly to your globe and I say, carry on. You're entitled to believe what you want to.

As for me posting evidence. I'll just do what I normally do. Take it or leave it, it's all the same to me.

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2015, 12:22:23 PM »

You've been on here long enough to figure stuff out amid a lot of evidence that you simply refute or choose not to even look at.
You're not here for evidence for a flat Earth. You're stuck rigidly to your globe and I say, carry on. You're entitled to believe what you want to.

As for me posting evidence. I'll just do what I normally do. Take it or leave it, it's all the same to me.

You do understand the difference between rejecting FE evidence because the conclusions and/or methodology were incorrect/flawed, and simply rejecting something out of hand, yes?

You've been here long enough Scepti, please don't be disingenuous.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:24:01 PM by Socratic Amusement »
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2015, 12:28:09 PM »

You do understand the difference between rejecting FE evidence because the conclusions and/or methodology were incorrect/flawed, and simply rejecting something out of hand, yes?

Yep and seeing as both sides find it hard to post physical evidence, all we have to rely on is thought experiments and logic to determine just what we are dealing with.
The issue is, who is using logic and who isn't.
You can argue that it's you lot and call us the nutters. That's fine but I'm obviously going to flip that, apart from calling you people nutters. I end to use, naive and not in a bad way, either.

We are all naive in some form. I have the benefit of having been naive in beliving this global stuff along with gravity. I managed to get out of it. Maybe one day, you can.

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2015, 12:48:44 PM »

Yep and seeing as both sides find it hard to post physical evidence, all we have to rely on is thought experiments and logic to determine just what we are dealing with.
The issue is, who is using logic and who isn't.
You can argue that it's you lot and call us the nutters. That's fine but I'm obviously going to flip that, apart from calling you people nutters. I end to use, naive and not in a bad way, either.

We are all naive in some form. I have the benefit of having been naive in beliving this global stuff along with gravity. I managed to get out of it. Maybe one day, you can.

That isn't true Scepti, and you know it.

The RE side has posted mountains, and mountains, and MOUNTAINS of physical evidence in the form of first-hand experiments, photographs, mathematical formulas, and coherent models.

The FET has yet to post a single shred of physical evidence.

Even if, for the sake of argument, you are right and the world is flat, the simple lack of anything resembling a predictive model or physical evidence makes a poor counterpoint to the established model. Remember, people used to think the Earth was flat until physical evidence changed the status quo.

Simply do that again and it may change back.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #315 on: February 05, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »

Alright, you do what you normally do.  Just don't expect anyone to take you for more then an overly paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Also, what is this FE evidence you speak of and why haven't I heard of it?

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #316 on: February 05, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
@Sceptimatic

Are you bloody daft, mate?? You've talk of experiments and "academic qualifications" (AKA degrees), international renown and everything and you don't bloody post shite. You say you're just here to help us to question the world around us, but what is there to question??? You don't bloody show ANYTHING and instead expect us to believe your experiments are valid or you're not just a nut, but you've shown NOTHING to cement your relations here.

Right now what you're trying to do is weasel your way out of falling out of a hole. Right now what you're doing is backing away into a corner like a chihuahua surrounded by lions. But you know what? If what you're saying is true (You've verifiable evidence and have peer-reviewed material), then there is a plexiglass wall between you and the lions. There is a bloody shovel to put yourself out of the hole.

You're taking the weakest way out. You're not even fighting because maybe you don't believe in a flat earth anymore. Have we really destroyed you so much that you're to the point where you've rolled over on your belly like a submissive dog and are hoping we don't slit your belly of "theory"? Yeah, that is what you're doing. Man up and destroy your competition and tout your superiour intellect.
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »
@Sceptimatic

Are you bloody daft, mate?? You've talk of experiments and "academic qualifications" (AKA degrees), international renown and everything and you don't bloody post shite. You say you're just here to help us to question the world around us, but what is there to question??? You don't bloody show ANYTHING and instead expect us to believe your experiments are valid or you're not just a nut, but you've shown NOTHING to cement your relations here.

Right now what you're trying to do is weasel your way out of falling out of a hole. Right now what you're doing is backing away into a corner like a chihuahua surrounded by lions. But you know what? If what you're saying is true (You've verifiable evidence and have peer-reviewed material), then there is a plexiglass wall between you and the lions. There is a bloody shovel to put yourself out of the hole.

You're taking the weakest way out. You're not even fighting because maybe you don't believe in a flat earth anymore. Have we really destroyed you so much that you're to the point where you've rolled over on your belly like a submissive dog and are hoping we don't slit your belly of "theory"? Yeah, that is what you're doing. Man up and destroy your competition and tout your superiour intellect.

Funny enough, earlier in another thread he said he was the lion, and we are all the hyenas. Close.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
@Sceptimatic

Funny enough, earlier in another thread he said he was the lion, and we are all the hyenas. Close.

Ahh, he must mean a lion cub and we're the hyenas about to tear him apart
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

ausGeoff

« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2015, 04:44:39 AM »
Can you tell us—in general terms—who these "relevant" people are please sceptimatic. Can you also tell us why people on this forum—both round earthers and flat earthers—"don't need to know" your research results?  Surely if the reuslts prove that the spherical earth model is, or could be erroneous, you should be going public?  After all, your results would overturn, literally, centuries of scientific theorems.  It'd probably be the most astounding discovery in the history of the world in fact.  So why the reluctance?

I put them out to trusted people on here.
Can you please tell us which "trusted" people on this forum are privy to your research results. And also what determined precisely whom you told?  Did you tell any round earthers at all?  And do you acknowledge that eventually you're going to have to tell the round earth scientists?  When will that happen exactly?  Next month?  Next year?  And what specific criteria sets this timing agenda of yours?

Take that as a compliment because I trust Geoffrey and co about as much as  being able to walk out of  a den of wolves as I'm eating friend chicken and lathered in chicken grease, knowing the wolves are close to cannibalism.
Uh... are you really suggesting that you're not going public on this forum simply because you're apparently fearful of how I'll judge your alleged research results sceptimatic?   If that's the case, then I'm truly flattered.  And it also confirms my suspicions that I've called your bluff, and got you on the run without any answers.

So folks... I think that going on the simple fact that sceptimatic is unable to post any confirmatory evidence—even a brief outline— for his alleged research, we can safely dismiss the whole thing as nothing more than a fraud.

And also that once again, sceptimatic has been proven to be an inveterate liar and/or suffering from a major delusional disorder.

No research; no results; no credibility.

« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2015, 06:33:15 AM »
Please could somebody link me to the topic where he posted a diagram?

?

guv

« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2015, 06:50:20 AM »
Please could somebody link me to the topic where he posted a diagram?

What on earth for. septic does some work in ms paint.

« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:34 AM »
Because I would like to see it with my own eyes before passing judgement. We were talking about the experiment Scepti claims he has performed, and if the diagram is the only thing he's put out in relation to this, then at the very least I would like to see it for myself.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:47 PM »
Scepti, this is a new low for even you. A three year old can tell that you are lying.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
It seems the thread has got off topic a little. Somebody claims that "I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge" and that is neither true nor possible because the person claiming "I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge" has neither presented the required information, nor collected the money.

The money is still in the bank.

The rules of my Challenges are at http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm . Both REs and FEs are welcome to try. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
Anders, just out of curiosity, why do you assume that any floor of a skyscraper is significantly stronger than the floor immediately above it?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2015, 01:00:22 AM »
Anders, just out of curiosity, why do you assume that any floor of a skyscraper is significantly stronger than the floor immediately above it?
All the horizontal floors are about the same strength between the walls at every level. Only the vertical wall/columns differ. The bottom ones are >100 times stronger than the top ones.

Therefore a vertical wall column cannot be crushed from top down - only from bottom up. That is why you cannot win my structural strength Challenge.

The space travel Challenge is impossible to win because you cannot brake at return and land safely. If you try to use friction to land, you will burn up. Like all meteorites. You will land as ash. 

The purpose of my Challenges is to encourage people to THINK. However, it seems most people get upset and abusive = behave stupidly.

« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2015, 01:20:09 AM »
Would you care provide your source for the bottom vertical actions being >100 times stronger.

As for the shuttles. You do realise there was this little thing called the heat shield on the bottom which was pretty much the single most expensive part of the shuttle program.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

ausGeoff

« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2015, 01:34:56 AM »
The money is still in the bank. 

No it's not.  This claim is just another of the many blatant lies you post on forum all over the interwebs, and which is why you and your absurd theories are laughed at by anybody who can be bothered wading through the "engineering" detritus you plaster your crude web pages with.

Nobody of sane mind leaves AUD$1,450,000 sitting idle in a bank account.  And which is proof in itself that your entire "challenge" is nothing more than a figment of your obviously fertile imagination.

Anyway... exactly which bank, and its location, do you allegedly have this money deposited?

Heiwa

« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2015, 05:39:12 AM »
Would you care provide your source for the bottom vertical actions being >100 times stronger.

As for the shuttles. You do realise there was this little thing called the heat shield on the bottom which was pretty much the single most expensive part of the shuttle program.

In order for a tower structure to be equally stressed in its vertical elements, the lower ones are stronger than the top ones. For WTC 1/2 it means that bottom is 100X stronger than the top - see http://heiwaco.com/tower.htm .

Such a structure cannot globaly collapse from top down, i.e. top crushes bottom.

The heavy Shuttle had no means to brake at re-entry from space. No heat shield was fitted. See http://heiwaco.com/moontravel2.htm for details. 
The Shuttle started re-entry at 7500 m/s speed flying upside down at 400 000 m altitude with nose aft to brake with the rocket engines. When coming down at 120 000 m altitude the speed had increased to 7800 m/s. Then the Shuttle flipped 180°, so the nose was suddenly forward and dipped into the atmosphere and a little later the speed was only 200 m/s, so you could fly it as a plane.
The thin window panes in the cockpit were really strong, so the pilot could look out ... all the time. 
Only feeble minded persons believe such NASA nonsense. The whole Shuttle program was a hoax.