A different tack?

• 5 Replies
A different tack?
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
I suppose everyone may be a bit tired of the way 'debates' tend to go on this forum...
Here is an episode from one of my favourite podcasts, The Life Scientific, introduced by Jim Al Kalilli, who is a physicist and broadcaster here in the U.K.
This episode deals with a fairly contentious issue Antartica. Have an open mind have a listen and say what you think.
It's an interview with Jane Francis who is Director of the British Antartic Survey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05nv1wd

Re: A different tack?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
For those in other areas of the world it can be downloaded from The Life Scientific on  iTunes....

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:53:39 PM »
Jim Alkoholy is a twisted sleazy wretch.

Alcohol in large amounts needed to stomach a second of his smarmy patronising nonsense.
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »

Alcohol in large amounts needed to stomach a second of his smarmy patronising nonsense.
What would you recommend while wading through your nonsense?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »

Do have to pop up and prove your ignorance at every mention of Antarctica?
Why this Antarcticaphobia? Did you have a bad experience with mutant penguin?
:P :P I'm sure SCG can help there, she's the forum mother and local expert on mutant penguin :P :P

The Flat Earth Society as a whole seems to have no problem with Antarctica - other than to magnify it to enormous dimensions.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »

I this ill informed comment says it all about the minds of the flat earthers.