The Amazing Invisible Headlights

• 70 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The Amazing Invisible Headlights
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
Great.  That looks like around 4 or 5 miles, at most.  I would consider it 10 miles, if that would make you feel better.

You may not be aware of it, but the maximum distance of a human with 20/20 vision is approximately 50km.

BTW, those white zebra stripes mark the beginning of a perfectly flat runway section of the highway for the Royal Flying Doctor emergency service.

Which would lead one to believe that the road is not quite as flat as you portray it do be.

ausGeoff

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »

Which would lead one to believe that the road is not quite as flat as you portray it do be.

Nope.  It's so they can warn road trains to stay clear of the marked zone when the plane's coming in.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2014, 10:12:46 AM »

Nope.  It's so they can warn road trains to stay clear of the marked zone when the plane's coming in.

How do they "stay clear" in the marked zone?  Do they go off-road or something? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »

How do they "stay clear" in the marked zone?  Do they go off-road or something?

The truckies stop before entering the marked zone from either end.  The "runway" length is less than a kilometre.  The first truck stops everybody else.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2014, 10:21:43 AM »
And, then they turn on their radars to see if planes are coming in? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
And, then they turn on their radars to see if planes are coming in?

Uh... you've heard of CB radio have you not?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:35 AM »
According to the little bit of research that I have done, there are Zebra stripes all over that highway.  It does not mark the beginning of the "flat highway".  They simply mark where emergency landing strips can be used, in the event of an emergency. 

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
ITT, RE'rs are arguing about how flat a road is while FE'rs are arguing about how flat it is not.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2014, 10:57:51 AM »
Yes, this is kind of backwards, isn't it? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »
According to the little bit of research that I have done, there are Zebra stripes all over that highway.  It does not mark the beginning of the "flat highway".  They simply mark where emergency landing strips can be used, in the event of an emergency.

As I've said previously, I've actually driven the full length of that highway numerous times, and the airstrip landing zones are definitely not "all over" it.  I don't care what your sources purportedly say; they're demonstrably wrong.  End of story.

And I've not once claimed that they mark the "beginning of the flat highway"—because they do not.  They're located strategically close to stations and medical facilities.  You're obviously unaware of the landing requirements for the planes they use, the Cessna Grand Caravan C208.  It only needs a maximum runway length of 400m for take-off and half that for landing.

ausGeoff

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »
ITT, RE'rs are arguing about how flat a road is while FE'rs are arguing about how flat it is not.

Yep; irony personified LOL.

My original posting was talking about the distant night-time headlight glow from distant road trains in the Aussie outback—with no sighting of their spotties for so long, both time and distance.  I used this example to help illustrate the round earth model, as it defied the flat earth model.

For some reason, the FEs got overwrought about the "flatness" of the actual road surface over short distances, and lost sight (pun?) of the relevant ramifications of a relatively flat, extremely long straight road.  The FEs seemed to think that if they could "prove" the highway was in fact undulating markedly, then it would disprove my claim, and reinforce their claim for a flat earth.

Of course, if one is arguing in support of a flat earth, then one of the easiest targets to attack the round earth theory on is the minutiae of the RE argument—in this case 90km of a 1,700km long road!

At the same time, the FEs hang most of their topographical claims for a flat earth on a 9km stretch of a 35km long canal which a Mr Rowbotham experimented on 150 years ago, and which "research" has never been replicated since then.