a few quick questions

• 22 Replies
?

brendan mccarthy

a few quick questions
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:41:52 PM »
If you belive that the goverment is hiding from us the fact that the earth is flat do you belive that the goverment is behind other things such as 911.

If there is no Austria then how do you explain Austrian people (what would we do without the famous singing vontrap family) and the fact that you can travel to austria and my parents went there.

Why does the fact that the earth is flat affect my daily life and also why would the goverment care if we think the earth is round

how do you explaine the fact that as you watch a boat sail away you see the hull of the boat slowly dissapear and why cant i see europe from the united states no matter how much i magnefie it

what are some other societys with theorys like this one which is looked at by common people as completely rediculous because i find this interesting

Re: a few quick questions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »
Omg... I believe the Earth is round like you, but I can answers some of your questions because you obviously didn't read a lot of topics.. or the FAQ for that matter.

-The government IS probably hiding stuff from us. Important stuff too.

-Where does it say there is no Austria?

-It probably doesn't affect your life, but then why are you here?

-...read the FAQ...

-I don't know any other societies like this one. Don't want too either. Then I'll just waste even MORE time debating with them that their theories are retarded.

There ya go.

The Earth is round. Get the hell over it.
Dude, look at this!!! Seriously!!!
And this too!!!

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.

think about how many old goverment secrets have been exposed...like Watergate! the government is very lousy at keeping secrets.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »
If there is no Austria then how do you explain Austrian people (what would we do without the famous singing vontrap family) and the fact that you can travel to austria and my parents went there.

Nobody ever said Austria doesn't exist.  I think I might sig this.  :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

lol eric.... thats worse than some of the stuff tom says

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »

think about how many old goverment secrets have been exposed...like Watergate! the government is very lousy at keeping secrets.

Austria is a country by Germany, Switzerland and Lichtenstein.
And this too!!!

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »

seriously, that might be the funniest thing anyone has ever said on this site, ever. Sigged.
See My Greatness

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
read the freakin FAQ already

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »
I completely missed what Eric said.  I tend to just skip over his posts lately.

?

Loard Z

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:36 AM »
i always read him for the lulz. He's funnier than Tom, and as far as I can tell, he's totally serious as well.
See My Greatness

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure he is.  LOL.  That might be the dumbest post in the history of the forum.  ;D

I used to know someone who thought Philadelphia was a state.  And she lived near me in Delaware, 30 miles south of Philly and less than 20 miles south of Pennsylvania.   :D

?

Loard Z

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:59:39 AM »
That's hilarious.

Although, I still don't know where the OP got the idea that Austria doesn't exist from.
See My Greatness

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »
If you belive that the goverment is hiding from us the fact that the earth is flat do you belive that the goverment is behind other things such as 911.

Those conspiracy theories are possible, but not all of us have strong convictions about them.

Who the hell told you there was no Austria?  Austria exists.  Question nullified.

Why does the fact that the earth is flat affect my daily life and also why would the goverment care if we think the earth is round

The answer to both is money.  If the Earth is flat, then most (read: all) of NASA's missions are faked.  Just faking missions costs less than doing them, so if they keep us thinking they're really going into space, they keep their funding and take our money for something that isn't actually happening.  It affects our daily lives in that we're paying taxes to the government and a portion of these taxes are then used to fund a conspiracy.  I'd rather keep my tax money, thanks. 

how do you explaine the fact that as you watch a boat sail away you see the hull of the boat slowly dissapear and why cant i see europe from the united states no matter how much i magnefie it

Atmospheric distortion, basically.  It's a trick of perspective.  The further away the boat gets from you, the more obscured your vision is by the density of the atmosphere.  Do a search for "Sinking ship effect" or "sinking ship" to find more detailed discussions.

what are some other societys with theorys like this one which is looked at by common people as completely rediculous because i find this interesting

As far as I am aware, there aren't any others.  Don't quote me on that though. 

Perhaps they leaked those secrets on purpose in preparation for this conspiracy.  As demonstrated by you, the fact that other secrets have been exposed destroys the credibility of most conspiracy theories with the common public.  Could be a government ploy to prevent people from suspecting the truth.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:25:59 AM by Mongrelman »
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

Also, Viscount Dead Kangaroo > You.

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »
Isn't Indiana a long discarded name for where we used to keep all the Indians?
Ah shit... I think I'm starting to rust again...
Dyslexics are teople poo!

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »
Isn't Indiana a long discarded name for where we used to keep all the Indians?
Ah shit... I think I'm starting to rust again...

:-*
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

Also, Viscount Dead Kangaroo > You.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 02:13:39 AM »
So seriously... if we took the headphones off... would it be a really scratchy, endlessly rewound recording of 'breathe in...... breathe out....' ?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 07:27:22 AM »

1. It's not the government.
2. Depends on what you mean by "behind." And still, that doesn't have much relevancy here.

Why is there no Austria?

It won't affect your daily life other than knowing. The government wouldn't.

Search for my thread entitled: Sinking Ship Effect

Don't know of any.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:55 AM »
ok, i admit i goofed about Austria. it's actually a small country next to Germany.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »
it's ok, we don't expect you to know about those little countries
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »
Hey... it's not everyday we get that easy of a target to unload on. Well, almost. ;)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
Er I thought it was everyday
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
No really, where did you hear there is no Austria Mr. Mccarthy?? I would really like to know. Seriously. Who the hell told you that so we can rip on them.
And this too!!!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
Brian told him