Sirius stuff!

• 100 Replies

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
Re: Sirius stuff!
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 02:25:45 PM »
it's speculation until you try it... It's not plain physics, it's not nothing on a site that doesn't believe on how the world works...

But, I will respond to one thing you said though... something about being an adult and responding to some blathering rant you were trying to sound relevant on.

After you complete your homework.

Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

RocketSauce

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »
Also, as you pointed out, me doing the experiment would be pointless. You wouldn't accept the result.

If I do this experiment, i'd be called a liar unless physics has magically changed, so I'm not in a rush at the moment.

I was talking about me, and the original context of my experiment was directed at InFlatEarth who makes outrageous claims.

I don't have the means to refute all claims of FE make believe, I don't have a rocket, I don't have a super high altitude balloon...  but the FE claim that Magical Moonlight Cools and Sunlight Warms is simple enough to test... But he will not test it with me so, I am in no rush. Furthermore, my professional life deals with aspects of satellites (GPS) and my previous time in the Navy deals with aspects of satellites (Comms, GPS, Talking dirty to my girl on the phone while in the middle of the ocean) seeing the dish that points to the satellite and how it moves back and forth as the ship sways in order to maintain connection... I do not have to prove the holes in the running theory here.

The only thing I have to do... Is look in the mirror and admit to myself that I visit this website and figure out a way to make peace with that. FE'rs here are too committed to trying to stu.....

I watched one FE Youtube video that said 100 PROOFS that the earth is flat... Guess what... they were all stupid except for 1 point that made me go Hmmm...

I researched it and learned another useless piece of information about space and how the universe works... But, I'll be honest with you... that piece of knowledge has only come up in that exact context... HEY, YOU KNOW I WAS WATCHING A STUPID FE YOUTUBE VIDEO AND I LEARNED THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH... I should leave... I am ashamed in myself... I have a kid, and I would be so embarrassed if he grew up and found my posts on this site...

*fact*

JackBlack

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
it's speculation until you try it... It's not plain physics, it's not nothing on a site that doesn't believe on how the world works...

But, I will respond to one thing you said though... something about being an adult and responding to some blathering rant you were trying to sound relevant on.

After you complete your homework.
So you will continue to act as a child.

It is simple physics. I didn't think I would have to convince someone using physics.

It is not speculation. It is a conclusion based upon physics.
What you are doing is akin to saying I can't jump today until I try it and a statement regarding me jumping would be pure speculation.

And as you said (implicitly), me doing the experiment is pointless.

I was talking about me, and the original context of my experiment was directed at InFlatEarth who makes outrageous claims.
And now you have effectively the same thing, but with me.
I am talking about an experiment that is directed at you, who is making outrageous claims and rejecting physics.

Me doing the experiment will be pointless. You will likely just reject the results and claim I am a liar.
You are acting just like InFlatEarth.

but the FE claim that Magical Moonlight Cools and Sunlight Warms is simple enough to test... But he will not test it with me so, I am in no rush.
You mean like your claim that covering the bucket wont effect it and that simply exposing it to the cold night wont effect it?
That sure sounds simple enough to test, but you don't want to. So I am in no rush.

I do not have to prove the holes in the running theory here.
Everyone has to prove the claims they make.

I would be so embarrassed if he grew up and found my posts on this site...
Is that because you know you are wrong with some of them?

RocketSauce

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »
*Drinks a glass of water* SPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT

What is my outrageous claim again?

*fact*

RocketSauce

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 03:16:19 PM »
Quote from: RocketSauce on Today at 02:39:14 PM
          I do not have to prove the holes in the running theory here.
Quote from: JackBlack
         Everyone has to prove the claims they make.

Well... where to begin with this...

Prove the Earth is Flat, since that is the claim on this entire website

Prove that the Moonlight Cools

Prove the Ice Wall

Prove that Satellites do not exists and that the Sirius Satellite Radio network is more robust than any existing cell phone network provider

Prove... Just pick one... Prove anything... I am not making the claim, I am refuting the claim and no one is willing to prove it... They(you, whoever) wants to CLAIM as TRUTH that moonlight cools? How is that "my" claim to prove otherwise... I'm offering InFlatEarth (and whoever else believes in this) a manner to prove their claim and impress me...

Please.... I have a feeling you haven't started your homework....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:19:26 PM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

JackBlack

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
Well... where to begin with this...
Prove the Earth is Flat, since that is the claim on this entire website
Prove that the Moonlight Cools
Prove the Ice Wall
Prove that Satellites do not exists and that the Sirius Satellite Radio network is more robust than any existing cell phone network provider
Prove... Just pick one... Prove anything... I am not making the claim, I am refuting the claim and no one is willing to prove it... They(you, whoever) wants to CLAIM as TRUTH that moonlight cools? How is that "my" claim to prove otherwise... I'm offering InFlatEarth (and whoever else believes in this) a manner to prove their claim and impress me...
So rather than even attempt a rational response you just spout off a load of crap.
Where have I ever claimed those things?

*Drinks a glass of water* SPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT
So retarded you can't even drink a glass of water without spitting it everywhere?

What is my outrageous claim again?
That your experiment adequately controls for confounding variables, that exposure to and cooling by the ambient environment and radiative cooling will not be effected by placing an obstacle in the way.

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
Some experimental methods that solve the "umbrella blocks air flow" problem.
1. Set out two identical bucket-and-thermometer setups, placed so that a nearby object (a fence, billboard, or sign for example) will cast a moon shadow across only one of them.  The object should not be a building or a cinder block, brick, or stone wall, because these retain heat and retransmit it at night, which will skew the results.  Collect temperature data for several nights before, during, and after the full moon (these are your Experimental data points).  Do the same thing with the same setup on several nights before, during, and after the new moon (these are your Control data points).  If the Control data shows consistent results between the two buckets, your setup is free of external temperature effects and your Experimental data can be used.

2. Set out two or more identical bucket-and-thermometer setups, placed so that a nearby object (a fence, billboard, or sign for example) will cast a moon shadow across one of them for part of the night, and across the other one for a different part of the night.  Collect temperature data for several nights before, during, and after the full moon.  If the moonlight is cooling the buckets (in addition to the effects of the lower atmospheric temperatures that are also cooling the buckets), you should see the rate of cooling drop off during the shadowed part of the night, then ramp up when the moonlight once again shines on the bucket.  This rate change will happen at different times for bucket A and bucket B.

RocketSauce

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
What if the umbrella is 5 feet away from the bucket, but casts enough shadow that it blocks the bucket from the moon?

God we are all retarded for being on this site.

*fact*

JackBlack

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2017, 01:59:59 PM »
What if the umbrella is 5 feet away from the bucket, but casts enough shadow that it blocks the bucket from the moon?

God we are all retarded for being on this site.
Not, not everyone, just lots.

The umbrella being there may still have some effect. As you are trying to detect if the moon cools or heats (or is too insignificant to detect) that minor effect of the umbrella may be enough to produce a false result. I'm not sure though. Go try it on a moonless night and see what happens.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2017, 05:10:26 AM »
Dude, you all need to get away from this place.  It makes you crazy if you stay too long.  I've gone through a handful of threads were people that mutually believe in the same thing (a spheroid shaped Earth) are going at each other because we're all tuned up by this place to attack anything on sight. 

In other news, I visited some of the FE only parts of this website - good grief this whole flat earth thing is ridiculous.  I haven't seen one post by an FE proponent that didn't start off with some ad hominem attack.  I don't see how you folks have the stamina for this.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2017, 05:37:50 AM »
Dude, you all need to get away from this place.  It makes you crazy if you stay too long.  I've gone through a handful of threads were people that mutually believe in the same thing (a spheroid shaped Earth) are going at each other because we're all tuned up by this place to attack anything on sight. 

In other news, I visited some of the FE only parts of this website - good grief this whole flat earth thing is ridiculous.  I haven't seen one post by an FE proponent that didn't start off with some ad hominem attack.  I don't see how you folks have the stamina for this.
Agreed!
Sometimes one feels more like      but occasionally one feels like    off with his head!