Does Vladimir Putin exist?

• 139 Replies
Re: Does Vladimir Putin exist?
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2020, 01:46:18 AM »
And with that, FlatAssembler disappeared in a puff of logic.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys.
Glad you got the reference  :-*
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:59 AM »
And with that, FlatAssembler disappeared in a puff of logic.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys.
Glad you got the reference  :-*

Well, that about wraps it up for FlatAss

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2020, 08:04:39 AM »
FlatAssembler doesn't exist.
FlatAssembler isn't my real name any more than "Space Cowgirl" is your real name. And we are not claiming those are our real names, though they may appear ironic. Vladimir Putin claims "Vladimir" (ruler of the world) is his real name.

You didn't ask if Vladimir Putin is his real name, you asked if he exists. People change their names. Do women who change their name when they get married cease to exist? Do people who hate their name cease to exist if they legally change it?
Well, yes, we could say that Vladimir Putin exists in the sense that there is a person who uses that name, but not in the sense that it's somebody's real name. And, what do you think, was "Teuta" the real name of the Illyrian queen? Most linguists, as far as I can tell, agree that it wasn't, that it was far more likely a title meaning "mistress of the people".
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2020, 09:16:59 AM »
Well, yes, we could say that Vladimir Putin exists in the sense that there is a person who uses that name, but not in the sense that it's somebody's real name.
So, do you have any evidence at all that Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin was given a different name by his parents?

And, what do you think, was "Teuta" the real name of the Illyrian queen? Most linguists, as far as I can tell, agree that it wasn't, that it was far more likely a title meaning "mistress of the people".
What has that got to do with anything?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
Well, yes, we could say that Vladimir Putin exists in the sense that there is a person who uses that name, but not in the sense that it's somebody's real name.
So, do you have any evidence at all that Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin was given a different name by his parents?

And, what do you think, was "Teuta" the real name of the Illyrian queen? Most linguists, as far as I can tell, agree that it wasn't, that it was far more likely a title meaning "mistress of the people".
What has that got to do with anything?
If it's reasonable to believe that Teuta(na) was her title rather than a name because Teuta(na) probably meant something like "mistress of the people" in Illyrian, as James Mallory claims in Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture, then it's also reasonable to believe "Vladimir" isn't Vladimir Putin's real name. In fact, the case can be made even stronger, because we know for certain what "Vladimir" means in Russian, whereas we can't know for certain what Teuta(na) meant in Illyrian.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2020, 09:52:12 AM »

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
The irony in the name "Vladimir" is evidence, isn't it? That is, if the irony in the name Teuta(na) is evidence that wasn't her real name.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2020, 10:02:51 AM »
The irony in the name "Vladimir" is evidence, isn't it?
No, absolutely not. 

It's not even ironic anyway.  If his name meant "Peasant with no power" or similar, then it would be ironic.  A powerful person with a name that means "powerful person" is not irony.

If you are claiming he has changed his name, then you need to indicate when that happened and what evidence you have.   

You know his father was also called Vladimir Putin?  He was a lowly cook*.   I suppose that might be considered ironic, if you really want to go that way.

* Though he was a cook for Vladimir Lenin, who I guess didn't exist either.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2020, 10:13:10 AM »
No, absolutely not. 

It's not even ironic anyway.  If his name meant "Peasant with no power" or similar, then it would be ironic.  A powerful person with a name that means "powerful person" is not irony.

If you are claiming he has changed his name, then you need to indicate when that happened and what evidence you have.   

You know his father was also called Vladimir Putin?  He was a lowly cook*.   I suppose that might be considered ironic, if you really want to go that way.

So, you think James Mallory was wrong when suggesting Teuta(na) wasn't the real name of the famous Illyrian queen, because Teuta(na) probably meant "mistress of the people" in Illyrian?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2020, 10:49:21 AM »
Does FlatAssembler exist?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2020, 11:05:41 AM »
Does FlatAssembler exist?
It really depends on what you mean by "FlatAssembler" and what you mean by "exist". Does "Space Cowgirl" exist?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
I post, therefore I am.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »
No, absolutely not. 

So, you think James Mallory was wrong when suggesting Teuta(na) wasn't the real name of the famous Illyrian queen, because Teuta(na) probably meant "mistress of the people" in Illyrian?
We are not talking about a Balkan queen from over 2000 years ago, it's irrelevant. 

I have noticed how you dodge and deflect and totally avoid addressing any points I made.

I'll try again:  have you any evidence that Vladimir Putin was given a different name by his parents and not actually named after his father? 

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2020, 02:19:56 PM »
Does "Space Cowgirl" exist?

Space Cowgirls exist.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »
No, absolutely not. 

We are not talking about a Balkan queen from over 2000 years ago, it's irrelevant. 

I have noticed how you dodge and deflect and totally avoid addressing any points I made.

I'll try again:  have you any evidence that Vladimir Putin was given a different name by his parents and not actually named after his father?
I think I have slightly more evidence than Mallory has for his claim that "Teuta(na)" wasn't her real name. Mallory can only guess that "Teuta(na)" meant "mistress of the tribe" in Illyrian, because there is nobody speaking Illyrian to confirm that. On the other hand, I can know for certain that "Vladimir" can be read as "ruler of the world" in Russian.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2020, 05:02:25 PM »
No, absolutely not. 

I think I have slightly more evidence than Mallory has for his claim that "Teuta(na)" wasn't her real name. Mallory can only guess that "Teuta(na)" meant "mistress of the tribe" in Illyrian, because there is nobody speaking Illyrian to confirm that. On the other hand, I can know for certain that "Vladimir" can be read as "ruler of the world" in Russian.

Why are you not answering the question? Have you gone from Putin doesn't exist because his name is slightly ironic to he does exist, but changed his name to reflect his position? If so, where's the evidence for the name change?

As pointed out several times, President of Russia Vladimir Putin's dad's name was Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin. Does that offer you any insight?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »
Not as ironic as all of the people named "Vladimir" who aren't leader of the world.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2020, 01:31:00 AM »
No, absolutely not. 

OK, so you do not have evidence Vladimir Putin was given a different name by his parents.

/thread

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2020, 07:16:44 AM »
If Vladimir Putin was named after his father (not at all uncommon in pretty much any society), then it's very possible that his father was named after Vladimir Lenin.  After all, how better to show your patriotism than to name your first born son after a hero of the revolution?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2020, 04:46:46 AM »
Does "Space Cowgirl" exist?

Space Cowgirls exist.

Bring back Firefly.   Great show!
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.