Does Vladimir Putin exist?

• 139 Replies

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
Re: Does Vladimir Putin exist?
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2020, 01:07:33 PM »
Does anyone really think that parents put this much effort into naming their babies?
No, I am saying that "Vladimir Putin" is probably not the real name (given to him by his parents) of the president of Russia.
Why not?  Isn't Vladimir a perfectly reasonable name to give a Russian baby boy born in in the early 1950s?
Do you have some citation for the claim that Vladimir is a common name in Russia?
I didn't claim that it was common name.  I asked why you think that it shouldn't be a reasonable name.

But since you asked:
A common name throughout Russia, Vladimir is featured in novels by Turgenev and Pushkin.
Have some better source? This one is obviously unreliable, "Vladimir" definitely doesn't mean "renowned prince", the Russian word for "prince" is князь ("kniazy", from the same root as English "king") or принц ("prints", from Latin "princeps").
Regardless of the origin or meaning of the name, the name Vladimir Putin is used to identify the current leader of Russia.  I don't understand what you're confused about.
I simply find it unbelievable that a person who rules half of the world is named "ruler of the world". Unless it's a super-common name where he was born.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:11:59 PM by FlatAssembler »
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
Does anyone really think that parents put this much effort into naming their babies?
No, I am saying that "Vladimir Putin" is probably not the real name (given to him by his parents) of the president of Russia.
Why not?  Isn't Vladimir a perfectly reasonable name to give a Russian baby boy born in in the early 1950s?
Do you have some citation for the claim that Vladimir is a common name in Russia?
I didn't claim that it was common name.  I asked why you think that it shouldn't be a reasonable name.

But since you asked:
A common name throughout Russia, Vladimir is featured in novels by Turgenev and Pushkin.
Have some better source? This one is obviously unreliable, "Vladimir" definitely doesn't mean "renowned prince", the Russian word for "prince" is князь ("kniazy", from the same root as English "king") or принц ("prints", from Latin "princeps").
Regardless of the origin or meaning of the name, the name Vladimir Putin is used to identify the current leader of Russia.  I don't understand what you're confused about.
I simply find it unbelievable that a person who rules half of the world is named "ruler of the world". Unless it's a super-common name.
You have no idea how search engines work, do you?
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+vladimir+a+common+name&iie=1
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2020, 02:09:45 PM »

But since you asked:
I simply find it unbelievable that a person who rules half of the world is named "ruler of the world". Unless it's a super-common name where he was born.

You leap to the notion that the human with that name must not exist because the coincidence is too much of a coincidence? Seriously? That's very, very odd and downright silly. Especially when there's kind of a lot of evidence the human exists regardless of the name. Don't you think the overwhelming evidence of Putin being the president of Russia completely obliterates any notions regarding his name origin and its effect on his existence?

There's a term for this:

An aptronym, aptonym, or euonym is a personal name aptly or peculiarly suited to its owner.

Here's a list of aptronyms:

Jules Angst, German professor of psychiatry, who has published works about anxiety (angst)[4]
Michael Ball, English footballer[5]
Colin Bass, British bassist in the rock band Camel[4]
Lance Bass, bass singer for the American pop boy band NSYNC[6]
Mickey Bass, American bassist and musician[7]
Sara Blizzard, meteorologist (television weather presenter) for the BBC[4]
Usain Bolt, Jamaican sprinter[8]
Doug Bowser, president of Nintendo of America (Bowser)[9]
Russell Brain, 1st Baron Brain, neurologist[10]
Rosalind Brewer, executive at Starbucks and a former director at Molson Coors Brewing Company[11][12]
Christopher Coke, drug lord and cocaine trafficker[13]
Margaret Court, Australian tennis player[5]
Corona Rintawan, Indonesian physician who leads Muhammadiyah's command center for the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic[14]
Thomas Crapper, sanitary engineer[5][15]
Josh Earnest, the third press secretary for the Obama Administration[16]
Rich Fairbank, billionaire and CEO of the Capital One bank, which holds the Fairbanking Mark for offering fair banking products[17][18]
Cecil Fielder and Prince Fielder, baseball players (fielder)[19]
Amy Freeze, American meteorologist[20]
William Headline, Washington Bureau Chief for CNN[21]
Igor Judge, English judge and Lord Chief Justice[22]
Richard and Mildred Loving, plaintiffs in Loving v. Virginia, which legalized interracial marriage throughout the United States[23]
Auguste and Louis Lumière, pioneering 19th century filmmakers (lumière means "light" in French)[24]
Chris Moneymaker, American poker player and 2003 World Series of Poker champion[25]
Josh Outman, baseball pitcher[26]
Francine Prose, American novelist[27]
Jonathan Quick, American professional ice hockey goaltender for the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League[28]
Bob Rock, Canadian music producer best known for his works with rock acts such as Metallica and Aerosmith[29]
Marilyn vos Savant, American columnist who has been cited for having the world's highest-recorded IQ (savant)[30]
Larry Speakes, acting White House Press Secretary for the White House under President Ronald Reagan[31]
Scott Speed, an American racecar driver who has raced in a variety of motorsport, including Formula One and Formula E[32][33][34]
Anthony Weiner, American politician involved in sexting scandals[20]
John Minor Wisdom, American judge[7]
William Wordsworth, English poet and advocate for the extension of British copyright law[35][36][5]
Early Wynn, baseball pitcher, member of the 300 win club[37]

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »

But since you asked:
I simply find it unbelievable that a person who rules half of the world is named "ruler of the world". Unless it's a super-common name.
You have no idea how search engines work, do you?
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+vladimir+a+common+name&iie=1
Well, I know something about search engines, I've published one computer science paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
Are you suggesting one Google search can compete with the research made by somebody who has published a few peer-reviewed papers about linguistics, and about the meanings of names (onomastics) specifically? Well, that's rather insulting?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »
No one believes you've published a peer reviewed article in a legitimate journal. Besides, you are appealing to your own authority, which no one believes you have.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
No one believes you've published a peer reviewed article in a legitimate journal. Besides, you are appealing to your own authority, which no one believes you have.
It's actually available on the Internet, here on page 70.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »

FlatAss. With your given name does its meaning reflect your life?

I named my kids their names because I liked them. Maybe Vladimir Putins parents thought it sounded good. Not many people give 2 hoots in hell as to the 'meaning' of a name. I don't even know what 'Kaidan' is meant to mean. I just thought it sounded cool and the character was a bad ass in the Mass Effect computer game. Certainly better than that Ashley space racist bitch. Made sure I left her to die on Virmire YEAH!!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2020, 03:14:19 PM »

I can also link to things on the internet and claim I wrote them. Look, I have written a sacred text https://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2020, 03:15:26 PM »
Well, I know something about search engines, I've published one computer science paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
Then you should be aware of how useful search engines can be for research.

Are you suggesting one Google search can compete with the research made by somebody who has published a few peer-reviewed papers about linguistics, and about the meanings of names (onomastics) specifically?
For a simple question like "how common is the name Vladimir?", then yes.

Well, that's rather insulting?
Are you asking me or are you telling me?

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »

FlatAss. With your given name does its meaning reflect your life?

I named my kids their names because I liked them. Maybe Vladimir Putins parents thought it sounded good. Not many people give 2 hoots in hell as to the 'meaning' of a name. I don't even know what 'Kaidan' is meant to mean. I just thought it sounded cool and the character was a bad ass in the Mass Effect computer game. Certainly better than that Ashley space racist bitch. Made sure I left her to die on Virmire YEAH!!
Well, as I've written about my name on my website:
I am Teo Samaržija pronunciation from Croatia, born in 1999.
Short version: The ž is pronounced as g in garage and s in vision, the j is pronounced as y in yes.
More about my name: My name is pronounced TAY-aw sah-MAHR-zhi-yah, not TAY-yaw SAH-mahr-jee-ah, as many Croatians mispronounce it when they see it written. Google Translate pronounces the Japanese Katakana string of characters テオ・サマージヤ very close to the way my name is actually pronounced. Both my name and my surname come from Greek. My name is the short form of the Greek name Θεοδωρος, meaning gift from God. My surname comes from the Greek word σαμαριον, meaning one who makes seats for horseriding.
My name is rather ironic. First of all, I don't speak a word of Greek. My father, who is a historian, tells me that our family came from Greece to Croatia in the 16th century in face of the Ottoman invasion, and that one of our ancestors fought on the Croatian side during the Battle of Szigetvar in 1566. Second, I think that God, as is usually imagined, is an incoherent concept, and I think that horseriding today is just animal abuse.
My name tells nothing about me at all. The name "Vladimir" appears to tell quite a lot about Vladimir Putin, that is to suggest it's fake.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »

I can also link to things on the internet and claim I wrote them. Look, I have written a sacred text https://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm
Obviously you didn't write it, because it's a text from 1881.
The text I've linked to has my name and the name of the university I am studying at, at the end of it:
Teo Samaržija
Sveučilište Josipa Jurja Strossmayera u Osijeku
Studij Elektrotehnike i računarstva
Whom else could it refer to but me?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
Never heard the name Teo before. I don't know any Teos.

You are obviously fake

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
Is your name FlatAssembler?

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
Probably not, no.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2020, 03:45:06 PM »

You are obviously fake
Well, yeah, it's not a common name. It's short for Greek "Theodoros", meaning "gift from God". But it's not nearly as incredibly ironic as the name of the current president of Russia (meaning "ruler of the world") is.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »

You are obviously fake
Well, yeah, it's not a common name. It's short for Greek "Theodoros", meaning "gift from God". But it's not nearly as incredibly ironic as the name of the current president of Russia (meaning "ruler of the world") is.

You are no gift. You are a smite!

Oh the irony

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2020, 03:58:56 PM »
FlatAssembler doesn't exist.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2020, 04:43:29 AM »
FlatAssembler isn't my real name any more than "Space Cowgirl" is your real name. And we are not claiming those are our real names, though they may appear ironic. Vladimir Putin claims "Vladimir" (ruler of the world) is his real name.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2020, 04:55:57 AM »
FlatAssembler isn't my real name any more than "Space Cowgirl" is your real name. And we are not claiming those are our real names, though they may appear ironic. Vladimir Putin claims "Vladimir" (ruler of the world) is his real name.

Do you claim your name, Teo, 'Gods Gift' to be your real name? Are you seriously a gift from God? What if your parents named you Vladimir? Would you be ruling the world by now?

Know your place

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2020, 05:18:01 AM »

Do you claim your name, Teo, 'Gods Gift' to be your real name?
His mother was clearly being ironic.

Which means he doesn't exist, as people with ironic names can't exist.  And with that, FlatAssembler disappeared in a puff of logic.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2020, 05:20:44 AM »

Do you claim your name, Teo, 'Gods Gift' to be your real name? Are you seriously a gift from God? What if your parents named you Vladimir? Would you be ruling the world by now?
I don't believe I am a gift for God, because I don't believe in God.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2020, 05:23:50 AM »

What has this got to do with whether you exist or not?  You clearly don't.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:57 AM »

Both my mother and father were called Vladimir, my dog was Ralf.
Your mother and father were both lesbians? Maybe your dog impregnated both of them.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2020, 06:42:55 AM »
But it's not nearly as incredibly ironic as the name of the current president of Russia (meaning "ruler of the world") is.
If Vladimir Putin is not a real person, then who is the current leader of Russia? 

Oh, then you have an ironic name.  What are the odds of that?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »

You didn't ask if Vladimir Putin is his real name, you asked if he exists. People change their names. Do women who change their name when they get married cease to exist? Do people who hate their name cease to exist if they legally change it?

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »

Your mother and father were both lesbians? Maybe your dog impregnated both of them.
Who has activated the hoppy bot?  His inane one-liners have suddenly started infecting the forum again.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2020, 10:00:51 AM »
I met a girl named Serenity.  I think that was wishful thinking on her parent's part.

Jesus is a fairly common name in Mexico, but I don't think that any of them are the prophesied second coming.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2020, 10:30:13 AM »
And with that, FlatAssembler disappeared in a puff of logic.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »

Who has activated the hoppy bot?  His inane one-liners have suddenly started infecting the forum again.

I think its learning algorithms have latched on to Diddum's projecting his sexuality problems onto others, that mixed with its Trump retardation memes is bound to cause conflict. I predict a melt down. 
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »

You are obviously fake

It's not really that ironic. It would be if the meaning of his name was "Ruler of Russia". And I gave you a list of like 30 real people names that are ironic, there's even a term for it. Do all of those people not exist as well?

There's no way you exist. Because no one claiming to be a linguistic would come up with the dumbest notion ever that if someone's name in the current era is slightly ironic they must not exist because of it.