flat earth agnostic. explain this moon video?

• 8 Replies
flat earth agnostic. explain this moon video?
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »

im a flat earth agnostic. dunno what to believe anymore

i found this video. i realized a video of the moon could clue me in on things

in that video we see the moon moving across the sky

and i figured the fact that we always see the "same side" of the moon is good proof for a round earth

because if the moon was a sphere and rotating above us, then we would see different views of the moon as it travelled over us. we would see one side then the other side

Re: flat earth agnostic. explain this moon video?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
It takes about 28 days for the moon to orbit the earth but it always comes out at night.....it should be on the opposite side for half of the nights per 28 days......so it should only appear at night half of the nights in a 28 day period....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:26:04 PM by Ex-Globe »
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

?

frenat

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
It takes about 28 days for the moon to orbit the earth but it always comes out at night.....it should be on the opposite side for half of the nights per 28 days......so it should only appear at night half of the nights in a 28 day period....
Many times it is up in the daytime.  It rises about 50 minutes later each day as it progresses through its phases so it is not always out at night.
Check the Moon rise and set times for your location for yourself
http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:04:09 PM »

im a flat earth agnostic. dunno what to believe anymore

i found this video. i realized a video of the moon could clue me in on things

in that video we see the moon moving across the sky

and i figured the fact that we always see the "same side" of the moon is good proof for a round earth

because if the moon was a sphere and rotating above us, then we would see different views of the moon as it travelled over us. we would see one side then the other side

M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 10:38:38 PM »
As lots of people will tell you, on every day except for the day of the full moon, the moon is up for at least a small part of the day.
Today where I am the moon set this morning almost 2 hours after sunrise!
You make such silly statements that you must be an undercover "globulist" trying to discredit the Flat Earth "Movement".
Keep up the good work, you really are doing a wonderful job.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 06:05:25 AM »

The moon spends equal amounts of time being up during the day and night over a 28 day period. It's just a lot more noticeable at night.

But I'm surprised you've never noticed the daytime moon. Even my 5-year old can easily point it out when it's visible during the day.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »

It doesn't always come out at night, it doesn't even come out more frequently at night, how out of touch are you??
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »
the main point i was trying to say with the video was

as the moon is moving, we see the same "side" of the moon

which doesnt make sense on a flat earth because in a flat earth the way the moon looks should change as it moves since we are supposed to be looking upon a different "area" of the moon as it moves

but because the way the moon looks doesnt change that is data that support round earth

i still dunno what to believe. i dunno how the moon possibly works in a flat earth scenario

?

Kami

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:06:26 AM »
Well, let's compare the two models.

things round earth can not easily account for:
sometimes one can see things that should be hidden behind curvature

things the flat earth can not account for:
sunsets
motion of stars
existence of maps
ships disappearing behind the horizon
seeing the sunset twice from the top of burj khalifa
the sun and the moon staying (roughly) the same size
mercury/venus transits
eclipses

A hughe conspiracy is cool, and one must feel pretty good if one believes to be one of the few awake people in a world of sheep, but this theory can not account for basic daily observations.