Scale/Rotation of the Sun and Moon

• 5 Replies
Scale/Rotation of the Sun and Moon
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »
Hi

Any idea on whether the sun and moon rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise if looking directly up from the north pole?

Also is it believed that the sun and moon (spotlights) are the same size?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Re: Scale/Rotation of the Sun and Moon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
Hi

Any idea on whether the sun and moon rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise if looking directly up from the north pole?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Why the north pole? The most convincing flat earth theory has Vancouver as the centre about which all things rotate.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13:59 AM »
Sorry i'm basing this on this map - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Flat_earth.png
Could you point me in the direction of any writing about vancouver being the centre of the Flat Earth?

Also any pointers on the sun/moon rotation? clockwise or anti-clockwise?

?

Thork

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
Hi

Any help would be great

Thanks

Why the north pole? The most convincing flat earth theory has Vancouver as the centre about which all things rotate.
Why would the stars rotate about the magnetic North Pole and not the geographic North Pole? Stop 'helping' as you clearly don't know your a*se from your elbow.

To answer the OP, if you were stood on the North pole you should expect the sun to travel from left to right.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:24:21 PM by Thork »

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
Hi

Any help would be great

Thanks

Why would the stars rotate about the magnetic North Pole and not the geographic North Pole? Stop 'helping' as you clearly don't know your a*se from your elbow.

To answer the OP, if you were stood on the North pole you should expect the sun to travel from left to right.

By the North Pole, I refer to the geographic North Pole about which the stars appear to rotate. I made no mention of magnetism.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
This is an excellent question I was just going to post myself.  A FE'er recently replied to a thread on "why was Australia considered down under?"  I thought it an absurd question as a RE'er but wondered what the FE'er was getting at.  why is the North Pole then centre is of a FE, why not the South Pole?