Why does the sun appear to set beyond the horizon?

• 11 Replies
Why does the sun appear to set beyond the horizon?
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:16:09 PM »
Whenever I go to the beach the sun just keeps going down until I can't see it anymore.  It happens so fast, like 5 minutes!  Not like I'd expect the sun were simply rotating further away. 

And after the sun goes down, it gets dark within 60 minutes or less of sunset.  If the sun were rotating further away from me, wouldn't it just get a little darker, but always be light?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Why does the sun appear to set beyond the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »
Whenever I go to the beach the sun just keeps going down until I can't see it anymore.  It happens so fast, like 5 minutes!  Not like I'd expect the sun were simply rotating further away. 

And after the sun goes down, it gets dark within 60 minutes or less of sunset.  If the sun were rotating further away from me, wouldn't it just get a little darker, but always be light?

In this vid we can see the sun rise from the underside of the Earth  so if it sets to the underside as well that would appear to match your experience perfectly

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 03:40:40 PM »
Oh wow!  I've never seen this!  Thanks.

All of the picture I have seen of the flat earth show the sun and moon rotating in circles above the earth.  Where is this photo from?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 03:53:46 PM »
Oh wow!  I've never seen this!  Thanks.

All of the picture I have seen of the flat earth show the sun and moon rotating in circles above the earth.  Where is this photo from?

I'm guessing NASA was kind enough to give 'actual' footage to Hollywood when they made the movie 'Gods of Egypt'. Must have cost the producers a lot of money to get because the production values of the rest of the movie are really crappy

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 05:26:27 AM »
Why Does this does not make any sense? if that flat earth model you just gave doesn't make any sense.
BECASUE
When the sun goes to the underside, how does the other half of the earth experience day and where is the freezing cold if no side of the earth is getting sunlight? what

Mikey T.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 07:59:18 AM »
Depends on your accepted model of a FE.  Some have the southern hemisphere on the underside with some weird transporter magic at the equator.  Search the user JROWE on these forums.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 12:40:26 AM »
Great pictrure thank you for sharing!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »

It is perspective and does make sense. Someone made a video with lightbulb on a string and how it fades out when perspective is changed from the level of the light to the level of the table with "buildings" (bottles) on it. The light disappears very quickly at the end.

It was one of the first videos that "made a lightbulb go off" for me, so-to-speak. lol

I can't find it right now but it is out there somewhere... actually a few places. I think some people have copied it.

Hyperverse

• Faith is knowledge about yourself
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 08:13:55 AM »

'Gravity' (which is very poorly / falsely defiedin textbooks) effects light, just not much. Very distant things look lower bc they light gets pull down over far distance. Far away sun looks lower. Also why things on horizon look squish or drop down.
No thank you, I dont put my signature on anything I have not read

Flatearthreign

• Ranters
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 01:45:11 PM »

Light bends upwards when it travels far enough due to temperature difference in the atmosphere so when the sun moves far away from us it becomes invisible.
Earth is flat. Everyone should know that Earth is flat. If you do not know Earth is flat, you should learn about the Earth.

Hyperverse

• Faith is knowledge about yourself
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 09:17:20 AM »
Light bends upwards when it travels far enough due to temperature difference in the atmosphere so when the sun moves far away from us it becomes invisible.
This always puzzle me. dont the light bend down? so it looks lower if far away? if light bends up we would see the sun disappear into the sky?
No thank you, I dont put my signature on anything I have not read