Foucault's Pendulum

• 16 Replies
?

Foucault

Foucault's Pendulum
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
Why does Foucault's Pendulum show the spin of the earth on every point of the earth except on the equator?
This has been tested many times.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: Foucault's Pendulum
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

The Foucault Pendulum as a proof for roundity is debunked in Chapter 14, Section 12 and Chapter 14, Section 21 of Earth not a Globe by Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
On top of that, its odd that almost all foucaults pendulums in circulation are either in accurate or guided by electromagnets.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Foucault

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:12:26 AM »
foucault's pendulum was found 1851 and it was not guided by any electromagnet, since then the pendulum was tested thousands of times everywhere on earth and they always had the estimated result. it is such a good proof the earth is a sphere, that many many many universitys on earth have the pendulum.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:34:59 AM »
The Foucault pendulum is supposed to prove the Earth's rotation, not shape. Please read up on FET's explanation of the Coriolis force to find out why it doesn't apply to the equator
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:20:52 AM »
foucault's pendulum was found 1851 and it was not guided by any electromagnet, since then the pendulum was tested thousands of times everywhere on earth and they always had the estimated result. it is such a good proof the earth is a sphere, that many many many universitys on earth have the pendulum.

It is guided by electromagnets.  In fact, if you look up a few of those stated universities, or any of the museums you'll see they either have less than accurate results, or are guided by a magnet.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 02:39:17 PM »

It is guided by electromagnets.  In fact, if you look up a few of those stated universities, or any of the museums you'll see they either have less than accurate results, or are guided by a magnet.

And of those pendulums "guided" by electromagnets, you will notice that those electromagnets are rings and don't "steer" the pendulum.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Kathleen Wilcox

• Lux sit
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »

And of those pendulums "guided" by electromagnets, you will notice that those electromagnets are rings and don't "steer" the pendulum.
A magnet in a ring shape is no different for this function than other shapes.
"My soul finds rest in God alone: My salvation comes from Him."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 03:00:12 PM »

??? 
Quote from: http://itotd.com/articles/362/foucaults-pendulum/
In order to show the movement of a pendulum over longer periods of time than inertia will provide?and to satisfy museum-going crowds?most modern exhibits of Foucault?s Pendulum, including the one in the Conservatoire, use an electromagnet under the floor or platform beneath the pendulum to give it a tiny extra boost as it swings past. When I first heard about the magnets, it sounded like cheating to me?the image I had in mind was of moving magnets that influenced the direction of the swing. But in fact the magnets are circular and simply pull the pendulum very slightly toward its vertical center just as it approaches the middle of each swing, so the direction of the swing is unaffected
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 11:20:48 AM »
Hi,

I got a question regarding the pendulum to my fellow science believers.

Let's assume that the earth is sphere shaped and rotating and gravity exists.

Taken the axioms above for granted, shouldn't the pendulum be unaffected by the earth's rotation as is the atmosphere, winds and for instance a flying airplane (otherwise landing would be difficult) ? Isn't the pendulum, that Foucault constructed, situated in a closed system and the experiment plus the intended outcome are therefore questionable from the start ?

Pardon me if I came along as a science denier and heretic. Let some preacher enlighten me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 12:16:28 PM »

??? 
Quote from: http://itotd.com/articles/362/foucaults-pendulum/
In order to show the movement of a pendulum over longer periods of time than inertia will provide?and to satisfy museum-going crowds?most modern exhibits of Foucault?s Pendulum, including the one in the Conservatoire, use an electromagnet under the floor or platform beneath the pendulum to give it a tiny extra boost as it swings past. When I first heard about the magnets, it sounded like cheating to me?the image I had in mind was of moving magnets that influenced the direction of the swing. But in fact the magnets are circular and simply pull the pendulum very slightly toward its vertical center just as it approaches the middle of each swing, so the direction of the swing is unaffected
Yes, if you trust the road side attraction that are modern museums to not fake it after already using magnets to fake it.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 10:16:55 PM »
The museum installation guides even tell you to keep adjusting it until it is operating properly:

http://www.academypendulums.com/pdf/Mark2FoucaultInstallation.pdf

“Pay close attention to the photo beams alignment. This adjustment can effect the Ball’s precession around the pit. It may require a couple of days to determine if precession is operating properly. Precession is a function of the Earths rotation.”

In constructing this Foucault Pendulum we are instructed to spend several days adjusting the alignment of the photo beams, which affects the pendulum's precession, an element which is supposedly a function of the earth's rotation, until we have determined that the "precession is operating properly".

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2023, 02:12:30 AM »
The museum installation guides even tell you to keep adjusting it until it is operating properly:

“Pay close attention to the photo beams alignment. This adjustment can effect the Ball’s precession around the pit. It may require a couple of days to determine if precession is operating properly. Precession is a function of the Earths rotation.”

In constructing this Foucault Pendulum we are instructed to spend several days adjusting the alignment of the photo beams, which affects the pendulum's precession, an element which is supposedly a function of the earth's rotation, until we have determined that the "precession is operating properly".

Where does say how to adjust to get the required time around the pit for a given latitude?

I only see adjustments for the magnet on time and power, to maintain a steady swing without it becoming erratic.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2023, 04:48:47 PM »

Where does say how to adjust to get the required time around the pit for a given latitude?

I only see adjustments for the magnet on time and power, to maintain a steady swing without it becoming erratic.

This isn't the correct forum to debate your RE carnie sideshows. If you don't have an FE answer, don't post.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2023, 06:40:41 AM »

This isn't the correct forum to debate your RE carnie sideshows. If you don't have an FE answer, don't post.

I asked a question about what you said.   The Q part of Q&A.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 03:38:13 PM »
The Foucault pendulum cannot be used either for or against FET. It is related to the Coriolis effect, which can have two different causes: either the Earth is rotating, or it is the ether field which is rotating above the surface of the Earth.

The deciding factor is the Sagnac effect.

Here my new global Sagnac effect which definitely proves that the Earth is stationary:

https://www.academia.edu/94050975/New_Global_Sagnac_Effect_Formula

https://image.ibb.co/dbZ7Kd/gsac2.jpg

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2024, 04:54:53 AM »
I think you'll find there is no need to explain a false fact. Until such time as a reliable experiment can be made around this "Foucault Pendulum" as it is, it should stay as scientific apocrypha. You can refer to the search function to find discrete proof of the claims above.