When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
?

frenat

Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2019, 05:16:53 AM »

so yet another topic you don't understand. Different cameras with different lenses will see different amounts of a sphere. You could recreate the effect yourself with a globe and camera with interchangeable lenses but I'm betting you won't.

Described in detail here
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-blue-marble-photos-show-a-changing-earth.t6616/
but I'm betting you'll ignore it.

Those spheres are about the same size and that's not a problem. What are you ignoring? What's inside the yellow circles?

The scale of the landmass in relation to the sphere is the major blunder. NASA get's billions of dollars and the landmass are a different size every year and they allegedly have Hubble. Just as I said, the pictures are questionable.

Please, i'v heard enough. Have a nice evening.
I'm not ignoring anything but thanks for proving you didn't bother to look at the link. The landmasses can appear to be different sizes depending on the lens used. I was NOT talking about the size of the spheres.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »
Whoever was the first to teach the circumference of the Earth is basically the established reference point for “Sea Level”  and called a curved geometrical line "level" and without verifying the alleged surface curvature was an idiot. He was intellectually dishonest and didn’t have genuine ethics. He only did so to further his cause through pseudoscience.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2019, 08:23:35 AM »

If I lived on a Globe Earth and was indoctrinated into believing the Earth was Flat and was presented a real picture of the Curvizon, I too would also say,  “that’s how it’s supposed to look from that distance through optics.”  Light refracts through optics so you can see as much of the Curvizon as possible but it’s really a horizontal line.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2019, 08:41:48 AM »
Why should sea level be measured from a mine shaft?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Plat Terra

« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2019, 08:49:53 AM »

Which sea level? Flat Earth or Globe?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
Globe
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2019, 08:59:22 AM »
Globe

Have you verified the alleged surface curvature of this Earth to use its alleged circumference as a reference point for sea curve anywhere and for a Globe? If not, why?

Macarios

« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »

The measured one, whichever it is.

And measures show it curves.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2019, 09:01:38 AM »

Identification matters.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »
Globe

Have you verified the alleged surface curvature of this Earth to use its alleged circumference as a reference point for sea curve anywhere and for a Globe? If not, why?
Science does not require me to preform every experiment.
Also it’s not proper to answer a question with a question.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »
The Earth has been verified as an oblate spheroid through literally thousands of experiments and experiences.

There is literally a mountain of photographic evidence. Whether you claim them to be "fake" or not is completely irrelevant.

We have all witnessed every single point you have presented easily debunked with actual, verifiable data.

The shape of the Earth is universally accepted as spheroid. I would kindly suggest you go out and experience it for yourself. It's a beautiful place!

...unless you have some other YouTube flat Earth talking points you'd like debunked.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2019, 10:03:11 AM »
Globe

It’s proper to know that the person who is trying to teach me has verified the foundation of their belief otherwise what good is their information? I don’t want to be led along blindly. However, if you have, I am willing to learn more and answer your questions. Verification is good science for such a belief as a Globe Earth.

Plat Terra

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2019, 10:06:57 AM »
The Earth has been verified as an oblate spheroid through literally thousands of experiments and experiences.

There is literally a mountain of photographic evidence. Whether you claim them to be "fake" or not is completely irrelevant.

We have all witnessed every single point you have presented easily debunked with actual, verifiable data.

The shape of the Earth is universally accepted as spheroid. I would kindly suggest you go out and experience it for yourself. It's a beautiful place!

...unless you have some other YouTube flat Earth talking points you'd like debunked.

If what you say is true, then I should able to find the verified curvature of any landmass or canal just like I can with its elevation, width, length and location. But I can't. Why?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:09:12 AM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2019, 10:09:52 AM »

If what you say is true, then I should able to find the verified curvature of any landmass or canal just like I can with its elevation, width, length and location. But I can't. Why?

Between what two points?

Plat Terra

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »

Between what two points?

You should know, right?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »

Between what two points?

You should know, right?

How would I know what two points you seek elevations above MSL?

You could look at the NAD88. Geodetic surveying has been going on for 150 years or so. The next one will be the NAD22 when it is complete. There are topo maps made with excruciating levels of detail.

You could look into great circle routes of long haul flights and shipping. There's a reason why they use great circles, not rhumb lines. Look it up. Every great circle route is 'verified' every time it is taken.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »

Because you don't want to?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »
Apparently bad form to asnwer a q with a q.
Ha

But seriously.
What are you on about, plata?
Address the point made in ref to the 200ft budlge and why it is invalid.
End this.

Plat Terra

« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2019, 11:30:14 AM »
Science proves water seeks it's own level through experimentation. Two bodies of water being joined together through any form at surface or below will equalize and have the same horizontal surface and not curve at any point.  If you disagree, I then challenge you to actually verify the water contained in the Suez Canal curves with a Globe Earth's circumference and is not below the grade of the curve and is not level as experimentation proves.   

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:34:22 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »
What was that bad experimetn perfromed by rowboat?
Looks like it could be re-tried here on the northern half of the canal as it seems quite straight - If ship bottom dips below the horizon, the earth is curving.

But then if you think about it, does it even have to be a canal?
We could use any stretch of water of significant length.
Wheres googonomny.
He used to be a sailor and could explain.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:08:32 PM by Themightykabool »

Plat Terra

« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »
What was that bad experimetn perfromed by rowboat?
Looks like it could be re-tried here on the northern half of the canal as it seems quite straight - If ship bottom dips below the horizon, the earth is curving.

But then if you think about it, does it even have to be a canal?
We could use any stretch of water of significant length.
Wheres googonomny.
He used to be a sailor and could explain.

Yeah and perform the experiment on a hot steamy day as to make sure you can't see the Boat.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
Globe

It’s proper to know that the person who is trying to teach me has verified the foundation of their belief otherwise what good is their information? I don’t want to be led along blindly. However, if you have, I am willing to learn more and answer your questions. Verification is good science for such a belief as a Globe Earth.
You clearly don’t want to learn anything.

I like a lot of people have seen thing disappear behind the horizon. This is evidence for a round earth.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2019, 12:37:14 PM »
Globe

I like a lot of people have seen thing disappear behind the horizon. This is evidence for a round earth.

Yeah and the legs of this man and woman have also disappeared behind the curve. I saw it myself! It's true. Please believe me!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »
Science proves water seeks it's own level through experimentation. Two bodies of water being joined together through any form at surface or below will equalize and have the same horizontal surface and not curve at any point.  If you disagree, I then challenge you to actually verify the water contained in the Suez Canal curves with a Globe Earth's circumference and is not below the grade of the curve and is not level as experimentation proves.   

A surveyor by the name of Bourdaloue would disagree and verified the curvature for the Suez Canal project back in the 1850's. His predecessor, LePere, had erroneously surveyed and stated the Med was 9 meters above the Red. That stalled the project for some 50 years. Bourdaloue came along and being one of the fathers of "Orthometric Levelling", determined that the difference was actually negligible. He performed his survey from end to end.

What is Orthometric Levelling in surveyor parlance? It is defined by determining the orthometric height of a point. It is the distance H along a plumb line from the point to a reference height. When the reference height is a geoid model, orthometric height is for practical purposes "height above sea level".

In order to determine the true height of the Med versus the Red and all points in between, Orthometric Levelling surveying was performed and verified.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2019, 12:39:04 PM »
Globe

Yeah and the legs of this man and woman have also disappeared behind the curve. I saw it myself! It's true. Please believe me!

Mirages are well know. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »
Globe

Mirages are well know.

Yes, mirages are well known, except when it comes to boats going over a curve. Only then the mirages can't apply, right?

Macarios

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2019, 12:55:44 PM »

Identification matters.

You could already identify it yourself.
The curved one was measured in reality, the flat one exists in Jeranism's wishes.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »

A surveyor by the name of Bourdaloue would disagree and verified the curvature for the Suez Canal project back in the 1850's. His predecessor, LePere, had erroneously surveyed and stated the Med was 9 meters above the Red. That stalled the project for some 50 years. Bourdaloue came along and being one of the fathers of "Orthometric Levelling", determined that the difference was actually negligible. He performed his survey from end to end.

What is Orthometric Levelling in surveyor parlance? It is defined by determining the orthometric height of a point. It is the distance H along a plumb line from the point to a reference height. When the reference height is a geoid model, orthometric height is for practical purposes "height above sea level".

In order to determine the true height of the Med versus the Red and all points in between, Orthometric Levelling surveying was performed and verified.

Continue........

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
Yes, mirages are well known, except when it comes to boats going over a curve. Only then the mirages can't apply, right?
Mirages (atmospheric refractive phenomena) can and do apply to boats going over a curve under certain, well defined conditions.  The trick is to understand what those conditions are and how they apply.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »

Continue........

Actually, it's your claim. You should provide some actual evidence to support it. So far, you just keep creating memes with incorrect notions about various models and with flawed logic. I already showed you that the CalTech & MIT effort to construct LIGO had to take earth's curvature into account. Perhaps in your limited understanding that particular site is the only place where a spheroid earth is relevant.