FE is a sad little world.

• 125 Replies
Re: FE is a sad little world.
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2024, 03:46:28 AM »
The ancients didn't have such trouble, because they were happy for the sun to set for everyone at once, because they were happy believing the entire Earth was just the tiny portion they lived in.
Ah, yes...despite all the physical evidence and documentation indicating travel from point to point, sometimes across great distances.

Jesus, you are a HUGE LIAR!
They didn't need to have different time zones.
Nobody needs different time zones.

They didn't need to explain how it can be night here but be day somewhere else.
No, they didn't need to explain it. It is common knowledge how night and day work. The point on the celestial sphere above us which happens to be where the sun is located rotates out of sight.

They didn't need to pretend everything stayed above them.
Who is pretending? Everything above is above.

That is why some of these models, with a celestial sphere, have far more in common with the RE model of today than the FE models of today.
No they don't.

Ask them why you can't see the sun at night, and the answer is equivalent to saying Earth is blocking the view. They have it go below Earth so Earth blocks the view.
FEers need to invent all sorts of delusional BS to pretend it works.

Hopefully, you'll be able to see the light one day.
You need to repeat crap to hold on to the myth of the globe.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 04:33:31 AM by WISHTOLAUGH »

JackBlack

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2024, 04:35:29 AM »
Ah, yes...despite all the physical evidence and documentation indicating travel from point to point, sometimes across great distances.
Care to provide any example of these time zones?

Or are you referring to those like Eratosthenes, that already knew Earth was round.

you are a huge lying sack of shit.
I could never hope to take that title from you.

Nobody needs[/b] different time zones.
If you want a model that works to describe reality, you need to describe why different locations on Earth have day and night at different times.

No, they didn't need to explain it. It is common knowledge how night and day work.
Yes, night is when Earth blocks the sun, day is when it doesn't.
But people like you reject that and can't come up with an explanation of how it works.
Because your flat fantasy doesn't work.

The point on the celestial sphere above us which happens to be where the sun is located rotates out of sight.
Notice how you are appealing to a celestial sphere, which is consistent with ancient FE models, and the RE model, but not modern FE models.

With the RE model you can consider that celestial sphere and have it rotate to put the sun below you, so Earth blocks the view.
But this doesn't work for your fantasy, where the sun stays above. You should have a celestial disk, not a sphere.

Who is pretending?
Liars like you.

No they don't.
Yes, they do.
For example, the celestial sphere, a component of modern RE models, and ancient FE models. But it makes no sense in the modern FE garbage.

I don't repeat crap. And the globe is no myth.

You need to throw out pathetic insults and ignore so much of reality to hold on to your flat Earth fantasy.

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2024, 04:38:36 AM »
snipped for brevity
On the contrary, the practice of transcribing the paths from the celestial sphere above to the flat surface below serves as the most accurate method for travel across long distances, which the ancients did quite frequently. That explains the similarity in complexes found all across the flat earth plane.

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2024, 04:57:46 AM »

Anyway, I imagine that FE are just as likely to believe or not believe in anything the same as everyone else. You can believe the climate is changing, but disagree about how. Just like there many FETs, there could be many climate change theories. For example, the dome would be great for trapping heat. Satellites don't exist! My favorite meteorologist was Gary England (RIP). I imagine round earth general circulation models are out of the question.

I have noticed that it's difficult to find things I used to be able to look up quickly on Google. I think they are suppressing anything "conspiracy theory".

Well disagreeing about the how or why falls under the normal definition of climate change denial, I’m afraid. 

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2024, 05:03:11 AM »
Care to provide any example of these time zones?

Or are you referring to those like Eratosthenes, that already knew Earth was round.
Deflection from the point of the of the reply because you got called out on your regular bullshit?

As a reminder, you lowlife piece of scum:
The ancients didn't have such trouble, because they were happy for the sun to set for everyone at once, because they were happy believing the entire Earth was just the tiny portion they lived in.
Nothing about time zones there, you idiot.
Nobody needs[/b] different time zones.
If you want a model that works to describe reality, you need to describe why different locations on Earth have day and night at different times.
Clocks are arbitrary and serve only to maintain humanity within the boundaries of indentured servitude to persons promoting the folly of the "divine right of kings."
No, they didn't need to explain it. It is common knowledge how night and day work.
Yes, night is when Earth blocks the sun, day is when it doesn't.
But people like you reject that and can't come up with an explanation of how it works.
Because your flat fantasy doesn't work.
No, I know how it works and posted it here. Don't blame me because your sorry ass doesn't understand how a point on a revolving sphere circling above your head can disappear from your view.
The point on the celestial sphere above us which happens to be where the sun is located rotates out of sight.
Notice how you are appealing to a celestial sphere, which is consistent with ancient FE models, and the RE model, but not modern FE models.

With the RE model you can consider that celestial sphere and have it rotate to put the sun below you, so Earth blocks the view.
But this doesn't work for your fantasy, where the sun stays above. You should have a celestial disk, not a sphere.
Wrong, shit for brains. The sphere doesn't rotate below the earth. That is just some bullshit you try to push here due to the fact you don't understand simple geometry, rotations, and transfigurations.
Who is pretending?
Liars like you.
Again deflecting from your original BS post that I called you out on.

You, the weak-ass lying scum, wrote:
They didn't need to pretend everything stayed above them.
I know they didn't pretend. They actually knew what was above and remained above them.
No they don't.
Yes, they do.
For example, the celestial sphere, a component of modern RE models, and ancient FE models. But it makes no sense in the modern FE garbage.
Your attempt to conflate the two is just a product of your feeble mind and inability to comprehend reality.
I don't repeat crap. And the globe is no myth.

You need to throw out pathetic insults and ignore so much of reality to hold on to your flat Earth fantasy.
You are the biggest loser of all. And it will remain that way until someone pulls the plug on your machine.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2024, 06:08:43 AM »

Anyway, I imagine that FE are just as likely to believe or not believe in anything the same as everyone else. You can believe the climate is changing, but disagree about how. Just like there many FETs, there could be many climate change theories. For example, the dome would be great for trapping heat. Satellites don't exist! My favorite meteorologist was Gary England (RIP). I imagine round earth general circulation models are out of the question.

I have noticed that it's difficult to find things I used to be able to look up quickly on Google. I think they are suppressing anything "conspiracy theory".

Well disagreeing about the how or why falls under the normal definition of climate change denial, I’m afraid.

Yes, according to angry globularists, if you don't agree with them in every way on every thing you are a conspiracy quack. But, we are on the FES forums, and we're allowed to think outside their box.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2024, 06:32:50 AM »
snipped for brevity
On the contrary, the practice of transcribing the paths from the celestial sphere above to the flat surface below serves as the most accurate method for travel across long distances, which the ancients did quite frequently. That explains the similarity in complexes found all across the flat earth plane.

Really?  Because, how does south work on a flat earth?

Considering navigation and celestial observation points to this…

And not this..

So, no.  Celestial navigation makes no sense on a flat earth. 

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2024, 08:05:30 AM »
^Here is JB, Jr., chiming in and demonstrating his decidedly deficient programming.

Celestial navigation is based on a celestial sphere. The portion on the sextant that is flat is purposeful.

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2024, 08:07:15 AM »
Snipped for brevity.
Meet you on the level.

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2024, 08:54:06 AM »
^Here is JB, Jr., chiming in and demonstrating his decidedly deficient programming.

Celestial navigation is based on a celestial sphere. The portion on the sextant that is flat is purposeful.

?

Exactly how would the south celestial pole and the constellation southern cross work for reliable navigation for a flat earth for navigating south for south of the equator.

https://earthsky.org/favorite-star-patterns/how-to-use-southern-cross-to-find-south-celestial-pole/

The entire southern sky turns around the south celestial pole, a point in the sky captured here behind the antennas of the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array in Chile. In the Northern Hemisphere, the moderately bright star Polaris marks the north celestial pole and direction north. But there’s no bright southern star to mark the south celestial pole. Babak Tafreshi, a Photo Ambassador for the European Southern Observatory, captured this photo in 2012. Read more about this image via ESO.
[/img]

How on a flat earth would South American, South Africa, and Australia have the same southern celestial pole?

Use the Southern Cross to find due south

The sky’s south pole has no such bright star. But, if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, you can indeed use the Southern Cross – also known as the constellation Crux – to find celestial south. Then you can draw a line downward from celestial south to find the direction due south.

https://earthsky.org/favorite-star-patterns/how-to-use-southern-cross-to-find-south-celestial-pole/

Now, for flat earth…

On a flat earth, how can a person in Australia, another person in South Africa, and another in South America all look at the same constellation Southern Cross and it all direct them to south. 

Hint.  It can’t.  It works and south means something on a spherical earth. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:56:35 AM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2024, 09:00:29 AM »
The portion on the sextant that is flat is purposeful.

What part would that be by name?

https://www.stanleylondon.com/sextant-information-and-directions

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2024, 09:23:37 AM »
Snipped for brevity
No celestial navigation is performed utilizing the southern pole.

Crux is used due to its relative position to the northern pole.

God, you are stupid.

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2024, 09:32:03 AM »

Really.  Quote and cite the post. 

It’s been extensively posted traveling in an airplane, if there is no acceleration or no turbulence, there is no sense of motion.

And why should I do that? You already said this in this very post.

But when traveling in an airplane, you are assuming steady direction and steady speed.

In other words, this.

If I were to continue to go straight at a perfect steady speed, I could go around the world without anyone on the plane feeling it.

But if I decelerate,

accelerate,

or get pushed aside by turbulence,

even if speed never changes, all of the passengers can feel it.

It isn't just speed changes but turns that affect feeling inside the cockpit.

Why should I quote and cite the post, when your post right now gave me the perfect quote?

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2024, 09:34:34 AM »
The portion on the sextant that is flat is purposeful.

What part would that be by name?

https://www.stanleylondon.com/sextant-information-and-directions
The portion where the person holds the sextant level. Sextants only find the angles relative to a plane.

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2024, 09:34:50 AM »
Snipped for brevity

God, you are stupid.

Really?

https://flatearth.ws/sextant

Again..

Using a sextant and southern constellations / stars would be meaningless on a flat earth.

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2024, 09:43:15 AM »

And why should I do that?

What are you babbling about.

The airplane example shows you can be moving at a constant speed and not feel a sense of motion.

Now.  like walking in the dark because humans have a poor sense of motion we will drift and circle (make turns) even though we think we are walking a straight line.

I asked how you with feel a submarine turn if it took 24 hours to complete a full circle turn of 360 degrees.  You wouldn’t.  Like it takes the earth to complete a rotation in 24 hours.

Because people can’t feel slow turns or slow changes in direction, more sensitive instruments are used like a ring laser gyroscope.

Now.  Oddly enough a more sensitive instrument like a ring laser gyroscope drifts around 15 degrees an hour because the earth rotates.

Huh. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 09:45:18 AM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2024, 09:44:26 AM »

And why should I do that?

Because you lie so fucking much nobody has a fucking clue what the fuck you’re posting. 

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2024, 10:07:28 AM »

The portion where the person holds the sextant level. Sextants only find the angles relative to a plane.

Imaginary planes that are not physically, like a tangent line to a sphere.

Observer's Horizon: The plane tangent to the earth's surface at A (shown in pink) and perpendicular to the plumb line is the plane of the true or mathematical horizon of the observer.

https://personal.math.ubc.ca/~cass/courses/m308-02b/projects/jackson/Page1.html

Like a tangent line in surveying.

https://ez-pdh.com/construction-surveying-curves-help/

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2024, 10:09:25 AM »

What are you babbling about.

The airplane example shows you can be moving at a constant speed and not feel a sense of motion.

God, you are so dishonest.

It’s been extensively posted traveling in an airplane, if there is no acceleration or no turbulence, there is no sense of motion.

This is literally what you said. And those pictures, in full agreement with what you said, literally showed exactly that.

That when turbulence...
An eddying motion of the atmosphere that interrupts the flow of wind.
hits a plane, its motion even at the same rate of speed, is interrupted. That the passengers feel a strong cross-breeze or whatever.

And you continue to lie, lie, lie when according to your words, you have basically shown that yes, in fact, there is a sense of motion.

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2024, 10:11:57 AM »

The portion

More on using the sextant south of the equator

In the Northern hemisphere, navigators usually used Polaris. Using a sextant, they measured the angle between Polaris and the horizon. The angle would be very close to the latitude of their current position.

In the Southern hemisphere, they did the same thing but with the south celestial pole. The problem is that there’s no bright star close to the south celestial pole, unlike Polaris in the North. So, they used the nearby Crux and Pointer stars to determine the approximate location of the south celestial pole. The angle between the south celestial pole and the horizon is the same as the latitude of the observer.

So yes.  It would only be meaningful like for a spherical earth with a celestial South Pole.

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2024, 10:21:20 AM »

God, you are so dishonest.

How many lies have you been caught in?

Me

Full context of the post..

Huh. Earlier you were convinced that you could move thousands of mph (specifically 66,620 mph) on an elliptical orbit without feeling the effects.

Really.  Quote and cite the post. 

Again people are horrible at sensing changes in direction.  Why people can’t walk a straight line in the dark.  Why the will circle, drift, and back track.

Note.  Added.  But a more sensitive device like a ring laser gyroscope will drift because the earth rotates about its axis. 

So.  The earth makes one revolution on its axis every 24 hours. That’s how many degrees every hour?

I guess you would rather squabble than deal with this bigger truth?

When Flat Earthers Spent $20,000 Trying To Prove Earth Is Flat And Accidentally Proved It's Round
"What I just told you was confidential"

https://amp.triplem.com.au/story/flat-earthers-spend-20-000-trying-to-prove-earth-is-flat-accidentally-prove-it-s-round-129953

One of those Flat Earthers is Bob Knodel, who hosts a YouTube channel entirely dedicated to the theory and who is one of the team relying on a $20,000 laser gyroscope to prove the Earth doesn't actually rotate.

Except... It does.

"What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift," Knodel explains. "A 15-degree per hour drift.

"Now, obviously we were taken aback by that - 'Wow, that's kind of a problem.'

"We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for easy to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth."

You know what they say: If your experiment proves you wrong, just disregard the results!

"We don't want to blow this, you know?" Knodel then says to another Flat Earther. "When you've got $20,000 in this freaking gyro.

"If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad? It would be bad.

"What I just told you was confidential."

If you're keen to see this scene - and so much more - Behind the Curve is available on Netflix now.

bulmabriefs144, why would the ring laser gyroscope drift 15 degrees an hour?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:23:03 AM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:45 AM »
Snipped for brevity

God, you are stupid.
Snipped to eliminate bullshit in the reply.
The southern pole is not used in celestial navigation because it is very dim, just like you.

Crux is utilized due to its relative positioning to the northern pole.

Your pictures and accompanying explanation is just stupid bullshit reflective of the presenter.

One more fucking time: Crux is utilized due to its relative positioning to the northern pole.

Sextants measure angles relative to the plane.

The plane is the flat earth. The curved portion is the protractor.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:35:05 AM by WISHTOLAUGH »

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2024, 10:38:40 AM »

That’s because there is no convenient star near the southern celestial pole like Polaris at the northern celestial pole.

Which has nothing to do with this..

Exactly how would the south celestial pole and the constellation southern cross work for reliable navigation for a flat earth for navigating south for south of the equator.

The entire southern sky turns around the south celestial pole, a point in the sky captured here behind the antennas of the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array in Chile. In the Northern Hemisphere, the moderately bright star Polaris marks the north celestial pole and direction north. But there’s no bright southern star to mark the south celestial pole. Babak Tafreshi, a Photo Ambassador for the European Southern Observatory, captured this photo in 2012. Read more about this image via ESO.
[/img]

How on a flat earth would South American, South Africa, and Australia have the same southern celestial pole?

Use the Southern Cross to find due south

The sky’s south pole has no such bright star. But, if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, you can indeed use the Southern Cross – also known as the constellation Crux – to find celestial south. Then you can draw a line downward from celestial south to find the direction due south.

Now, for flat earth…

On a flat earth, how can a person in Australia, another person in South Africa, and another in South America all look at the same constellation Southern Cross and it all direct them to south. 

Hint.  It can’t.  It works and south means something on a spherical earth. 

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2024, 10:45:18 AM »

Which is a miss wording or a lie?

The southern cross is used when far enough south across the equator when Polaris and the Northern constellations are blocked by the earths curvature. 

For using the southern cross or Crux for navigation south of the equator works on a spherical earth.

For people south of the equator for people looking south from South American, South Africa, Australia it would be useless as a navigation aid for south.  South is meaningless on a flat earth.

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2024, 10:52:53 AM »

The southern cross is used when far enough south across the equator when Polaris and the Northern constellations are blocked by the earths curvature. 

Crux is a word that means center or focus.
1. The basic, central, or critical point or feature.
For instance, "Now we are at the crux of this argument." It also comes from an origin that means cross. It's not anyone else's fault that you can't figure out that the center of the Earth is in the northern hemisphere, but the Southern Cross (Crux) is in the southern hemisphere.

The crux of things is that you don't really understand conversations with people from a different perspective. Like seriously. Get with it!

Also...

"Occupants can be thrown if strapped in." You think it's gonna matter that the plane was traveling 360 mph before, during and after turbulence if it suddenly rises or drops?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:57:03 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2024, 10:54:12 AM »

Crux is utilized due to its relative positioning to the northern pole.

Funny.

It seems you’re wrong.

https://flatearth.ws/sexta

In the Northern hemisphere, navigators usually used Polaris. Using a sextant, they measured the angle between Polaris and the horizon. The angle would be very close to the latitude of their current position.

In the Southern hemisphere, they did the same thing but with the south celestial pole. The problem is that there’s no bright star close to the south celestial pole, unlike Polaris in the North. So, they used the nearby Crux and Pointer stars to determine the approximate location of the south celestial pole. The angle between the south celestial pole and the horizon is the same as the latitude of the observer.

How to Navigate by the Stars in the Southern Hemisphere

If you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, don’t worry! You can still use the stars to help find your way.

Find the South Using the Southern Cross

In the Southern Hemisphere, the best way to find the south is by using the Southern Cross. The Southern Cross is a constellation that can only be seen in the southern night sky. It is made up of four stars: Alpha Centauri, Beta Centauri, Gamma Centauri, and delta Centauri.

To find south using the Southern Cross, first locate the two brightest stars in the constellation, Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri. Then draw an imaginary line from Alpha Centauri to Beta Centauri. This imaginary line will point roughly toward the south. To be more precise, you can extend this line until it intersects with the horizon. The point where the line intersects with the horizon will be due south.

https://replogleglobes.com/blog/star-navigation-guide-how-to-navigate-by-the-stars/

South has meaning in navigation because the earth is spherical. 

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2024, 10:58:17 AM »

Crux is a word that means center or focus.

In this context it’s referring to the constellation the southern cross that can help one find the celestial South Pole when the curvature of the earth is blocking the northern stars and constellations from view when south of the equator.

As in south that means something on a spherical earth, and would be meaningless on a flat earth.

Considering navigation and celestial observation points to this…

And not this..

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2024, 11:04:40 AM »

For using the southern cross or Crux for navigation south of the equator works on a spherical earth.

For people south of the equator for people looking south from South American, South Africa, Australia it would be useless as a navigation aid for south.  South is meaningless on a flat earth.

It is not a miswording or a lie.

Crux is used because of its position relative to the northern pole.

That is the simple truth.

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2024, 11:11:48 AM »

I can quote otherwise from different sources.

You are avoiding one of several million dollar questions regarding flat earth delusion

Considering navigation and celestial observation points do this…

And not this..

How does the southern celestial pole have any meaning for finding actual south if the earth was flat.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:23:24 PM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2024, 01:18:43 PM »

I can quote otherwise from different sources.

You are avoiding one of several million dollar questions regarding flat earth delusion

Considering navigation and celestial observation points do this…

And not this..

How does the southern celestial pole have any meaning for finding actual south if the earth was flat.
No one uses Sigma Octatntis to navigate to the supposed south pole.

I've ignored nothing, but I am going to start now by ignoring your stupid bullshit.