FAQual error:

• 6 Replies
FAQual error:
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
You say satellites (man made) don't orbit the earth.
Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers.

But you say other objects can orbit the earth:

Q: How do seasons work?

The radius of the sun's orbit around the Earth's axis symmetry varies throughout the year, being smallest when summer is in the northern annulus and largest when it is summer in the southern annulus.

Here are some very good diagrams of seasons on the flat Earth. The first is by thedigitalnomad:

What is the governor of what can orbit and what cannot?

Desu

• yaranaika.
FAQual error:
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »
Nothing says man-made satellites can't orbit, just that they don't.
Quote from: sam712
It must suck living in Richmond.
Since June 2006.

?

qwe

FAQual error:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 02:20:07 AM »
why not?

FAQual error:
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 02:23:20 AM »
i think ive read something about a dome of protection? or similar? maybe this helps?

why not?

thinking about it logically: it costs a shitload of money to propel something into space, wen it costs a fraction to put up sum rusty tower with an ariel on it. supposing that they function to similar degrees of productivity

FAQual error:
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 04:28:12 AM »
In an FE, satellites are still possible, but they'd have to keep changing direction so that they wouldn't fly away from the Earth.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

FAQual error:
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:32:54 AM »
Well now:

The radius of the sun's orbit around the Earth's axis symmetry varies throughout the year.

Now heres a whole other thing to pick on. Not only does the sun orbit, the radius of it's orbit changes!

how does the sun:
a. Manage to light up approximate half of the world at any given time.
b. manage to stay in orbit.
c. manage to change the radius of the orbit in comparison to the earth's "axis of symmetry" (aka north pole.)

It goes back to the original question.

beast

FAQual error:
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 09:05:47 AM »
But not an actual error - just something that's not explained.  Like what causes gravity in round Earth theory.