Why is it that...

• 15 Replies
Why is it that...
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
Why is it that their's just 100000x more proof the earth is round rather than flat.

Every other planet or star is a sphere but ours.... >.> and when they say that they have no proof of why.

Can you please tell me how wind is produced on a flat planet?
because there can't possibly be a coriolis Effect on a flat planet.

If the planets gravity is caused the planet rising up at a high speed how is it that a bullet can travel so far? It's not like the god damn airplane theory where the plane has wings and "Lift" its a bullet... it shouldn't get too far with out the earth hitting it.
Inb4 "it travels so fast" well no  if its traveling at this rate 9.81m/s2 a bullet would be stopped pretty fast, in fact we wouldn't be able to jump very high or even throw a ball.

This whole flat earth theory is made by insane people.

Rushy

Re: Why is it that...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
Why is it that their's just 100000x more proof the earth is round rather than flat.
There is not. A round Earth is common misconception, for example, I can bet money that you, like many other RE'ers, think that the Coriolis effect changes the direction your water drains.

Every other planet or star is a sphere but ours.... >.> and when they say that they have no proof of why.
This is not correct either. I suggest you observe stars and planets for yourself. They do not appear to be spheres at all. Furthermore, even if they were, Earth is not a planet or a star.

Is this a joke?

I guess it is not. Wind is produced via thermal variances in the atmolayer and that causes pressure differences. The Coriolis effect does not cause wind.

If the planets gravity is caused the planet rising up at a high speed how is it that a bullet can travel so far? It's not like the god damn airplane theory where the plane has wings and "Lift" its a bullet... it shouldn't get too far with out the earth hitting it.
Inb4 "it travels so fast" well no  if its traveling at this rate 9.81m/s2 a bullet would be stopped pretty fast, in fact we wouldn't be able to jump very high or even throw a ball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalence_principle

If you have any further problems, please take it up with Einstein.

When you think about it, that is what religious people say about evolution. Its dumb, its insane, there is no proof. It is because these people never think about evolution. You never thought about the shape of the world and so you take it for granted that it is round, when it is not.

?

burt

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »

there is a compilations of all the proof of a round earth (ask cat earth), it isn't quite 100000x more proof but it is pretty close.

read Earth Not A Planet... :-X

you'll have to ask Tom Bishop, when discussions pop up like this I tend to sit back and listen to the master.

When you jump up in a moving vehicle, do you move backwards?
Why are you attempting to communciate with them if you are so convinced they are insane...isn't that futile behaviour?

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »

There's not a single correct statement in your post, you start nicely, then you monumentally fail, and that's where the flatties will pick on you  :-\

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »

Wind isn't caused by the coriolis effect. The Jet stream is caused by a combination of the Earth's rotation and atmospheric heating.

Coriolis Effect also causes some other interesting effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect#Meteorology
You will see here that it effects the rotation of hurricanes, but only a negligible amount in hurricanes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect#E.C3.B6tv.C3.B6s_effect
It also causes this, which is one of the reasons why launching a plane/rocket eastward is easier/more efficient. Rockets more so rely on the fact that they're already moving in an eastward direction, and obtaining a stable orbit requires less fuel this way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect#Draining_in_bathtubs_and_toilets
It does effect the water in your tub/toilet!

But, not wind. Only large, rotating storm systems.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »
It doesn't. And that very article even says that. Perhaps the specially built tank might hint a result, but for consistency the experiment must at least be repeated at 42° S with similar results.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »

In contrast to the above, water rotation in home bathrooms under normal circumstances is not related to the Coriolis effect or to the rotation of the earth, and no consistent difference in rotation direction between toilets in the northern and southern hemispheres can be observed.

::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »
Wind is caused by the pressure differences. Air moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure. The main cause behind these pressure differences is the sun passing over various areas of the earth. The atmosphere of a heated area is at a higher pressure than an unheated area, and hence wind will result from air moving from one environment to the other in attempt to equalize the pressure differences.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:21:53 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
Wind is caused by the pressure differences. Air moves from areas of low pressure to areas of high pressure. The main cause behind these pressure differences is the sun passing over various areas of the earth. The atmosphere of a heated area is at a higher pressure than an unheated area, and hence wind will result from air moving from one environment to the other in attempt to equalize the pressure differences.

EEEENH - wrong!

Air is cycling, so that in the centre of the low pressure area it is rising (which causes the low pressure). This means at low altitude the air moves from the high pressure area to the low pressure area, while at high altitude it is moving away from the low pressure area. The air falls then over high pressure areas, creating clear weather, no matter cold or hot.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »

In contrast to the above, water rotation in home bathrooms under normal circumstances is not related to the Coriolis effect or to the rotation of the earth, and no consistent difference in rotation direction between toilets in the northern and southern hemispheres can be observed.

You missed the part below where it essentially says if the water's sitting still for long enough, that it would have an effect, however small, on the rotation of the descending water.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »
You missed the part below where it essentially says if the water's sitting still for long enough, that it would have an effect, however small, on the rotation of the descending water.

Well, for one, the Coriolis effect does not exist. Two, it really doesn't. Under normal RET circumstances, you could make the claim that the Andromeda galaxy has an effect, however small, on the rotation of the water in a drain. It would be technically true, but completely dumb to say so.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »

Perhaps you missed where it said that the effect can only be observed in carefully controlled laboratory conditions.  That would distinctly rule out "the water in your tub/toilet".
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 05:49:48 AM »

Perhaps you missed where it said that the effect can only be observed in carefully controlled laboratory conditions.  That would distinctly rule out "the water in your tub/toilet".

Yet if it were a tub/toilet in a carefully controlled laboratory condition (which I could easily set up in my basement), then it could be done. The objects were not excluded, just the conditions that they're normally under. I could also set these conditions in my own bathroom if I so desired.

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »

Yet if it were a tub/toilet in a carefully controlled laboratory condition (which I could easily set up in my basement), then it could be done. The objects were not excluded, just the conditions that they're normally under. I could also set these conditions in my own bathroom if I so desired.

Trust me, this stuff is all asymmetric, inflow direction of flush water, drain direction, and the mood of the worker who molded the toilet... All have a greater influence on the water flow than the Coriolis effect. But I. Believe that a large circular tank with the drain exactly in the middle would give a more trustable result.

Rushy

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 06:13:59 AM »

You are grasping at straws. See:

Under normal RET circumstances, you could make the claim that the Andromeda galaxy has an effect, however small, on the rotation of the water in a drain. It would be technically true, but completely dumb to say so.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

You are grasping at straws. See:

Under normal RET circumstances, you could make the claim that the Andromeda galaxy has an effect, however small, on the rotation of the water in a drain. It would be technically true, but completely dumb to say so.

No, saying your second quote would be really grasping at straws. I'm just saying that it does effect a spin, I wont claim it to effect direction, but it does effect speed depending on your location, and I'm even admitting that it's a miniscule effect for something as small as a toilet or a bathtub.