Shadows in the Solar System

• 58 Replies
Shadows in the Solar System
« on: March 30, 2016, 04:32:46 AM »
How does the FET explain the shadows cast across the Solar System?

I have heard talk of planets producing their own light, but how are shadows of Jupiter's moons cast on its surface? How is a shadow of Saturn cast upon its rings? and is it just coincidental that these shadows relate perfectly with the position of the Sun?

There is some sort of external light source you must admit! And if not the sun, then what? And why is it invisible to us?...

Re: Shadows in the Solar System
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
i going to guess is aether.
the answer to the fundamental question about life the universe and everything.

that crap, FE dont need to give good  answer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
I won't accept Aether as an answer because that's quite clearly utter BS.

It can't have anything to do with anything other than some sort of light source. I'd love a FEer to postulate what that might be?!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »
You seem to be very closed minded.  I read in your post that you will not accept anything we say, so why should we bother replying to you at all?

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 03:31:41 AM »
You seem to be very closed minded.  I read in your post that you will not accept anything we say, so why should we bother replying to you at all?

You have quite misquoted me there Jroa. Do you struggle to read?

I certainly didn't say that I wouldn't accept anything you say. I said that I won't accept "Aether" as an answer because I have read every definition of Aether and have noted everytime it has been a square peg forced into a round hole and Aether can't be a scapegoat for this problem.

It needs an actual logical answer. So unless you've got an actual scientific response, rather than more of your "low-content" posts (which by the way are not allowed on this forum) then please refrain from responding. Thank you.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:16:55 AM »
How does the FET explain the shadows cast across the Solar System?

I have heard talk of planets producing their own light, but how are shadows of Jupiter's moons cast on its surface? How is a shadow of Saturn cast upon its rings? and is it just coincidental that these shadows relate perfectly with the position of the Sun?

There is some sort of external light source you must admit! And if not the sun, then what? And why is it invisible to us?...
Not that I get my information from "the Wiki", but it says:
Quote from: the Wiki
Solar System
Q. What does the Solar System look like in FET?
A. In FET the planets are revolving around the sun, while the sun itself revolves around the Northern Hub.
So maybe these shadows are simply caused by light from the sun, like in the Heliocentric Globe.
I can't quite see how observations of planet orbits fit in with this, but what would I know, I'm no FE astronomer?

Is there a Flat Earth expert, like jroa, around to advise?

Uninvited Guest

• A clone cloned by a smartphone
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:32 AM »
Have you seen these shadows with your telescope?
The science in her trance will make the sign of cross
And we will light bonfires to appreciate the electric bulb.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 08:18:42 AM »

I have seen shadows of Jupiter's moons yes and of Saturn on its rings. I haven't captured any yet as my equipment is not quite up to scratch...

These are the best I've got of Saturn...

I haven't managed to capture any of Jupiter's moons transiting but I know many amateur astrophotographers with far better equipment than mine who have...they even have time lapses of the transits and the shadows.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:36:52 AM »

I have seen shadows of Jupiter's moons yes and of Saturn on its rings. I haven't captured any yet as my equipment is not quite up to scratch...

I haven't managed to capture any of Jupiter's moons transiting but I know many amateur astrophotographers with far better equipment than mine who have...they even have time lapses of the transits and the shadows.
I'm not sure if you use Stellarium, but don't forget that it simulates transits and shadows, and it matches up with what we observe.  You don't need to do everything yourself; it's enough that people can if they are so inclined. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »

I'm not sure if you use Stellarium, but don't forget that it simulates transits and shadows, and it matches up with what we observe.  You don't need to do everything yourself; it's enough that people can if they are so inclined.

I use a different app called Sky Guide. But yes, it simulates incredibly accurately!

When I do capture shadow from transit, it'll be because I've used the app to see when the transits take place.

Here is a picture I took last night in an attempt to capture the Great Red Spot, compared with the Sky Guide simulation at the same time...

Incredible how accurate it was! Just goes to show that all of this nonsense about all the data being faked is complete nonsense from people who just can't be bothered to look with their own eyes!

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »

I use a different app called Sky Guide. But yes, it simulates incredibly accurately!

When I do capture shadow from transit, it'll be because I've used the app to see when the transits take place.

Here is a picture I took last night in an attempt to capture the Great Red Spot, compared with the Sky Guide simulation at the same time...

Incredible how accurate it was! Just goes to show that all of this nonsense about all the data being faked is complete nonsense from people who just can't be bothered to look with their own eyes!

That is a great picture of Jupiter my good sir. :)
What camera are you using?

Here's a picture of the moon I took a few nights ago with my Nikon Coolpix P900:

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
Svenanders! You're back! How's the Round Earth Society going?

Uninvited Guest

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

You posted a blured photo and had to compare with an app simulation. Sorry, but did I get it right? Or you took the both photos?
You also didn’t provide any explanation about the ‘shadows’ you’ve detected. Could you also point out where on the image the moons shadows are projected on jupiter surface? 

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
Svenanders! You're back! How's the Round Earth Society going?

I've been back for a while in case you haven't noticed, but thanks anyway. How's your dog doing? ;)
Well, seeing that the earth is round and this site is not actually about the shape of the earth,
I figured there was no reason spending time and money on another site like this...

Back to the topic now.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:17 PM »

You posted a blured photo and had to compare with an app simulation. Sorry, but did I get it right? Or you took the both photos?
You also didn’t provide any explanation about the ‘shadows’ you’ve detected. Could you also point out where on the image the moons shadows are projected on jupiter surface?

Did you bother to read the earlier posts or did you just skip right to the end?

You obviously haven't grasped the context of this image.

I have already confessed that I haven't got the equipment to take images of very good quality and that I haven't yet captured shadows of Jupiter's moons, however I have amateur Astrophotographer friends who have better equipment and have captured some fantastic images demonstrating the shadows of transiting moons.

I have also explained that this image is to illustrate the quality of the app simulations which gives the standard helio definition more weight.

I'd like to see some of your planetary images?...I imagine that by your criticism of mine, that yours are considerably better?...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:06:42 PM by richaddis »

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »

My attempts about a week ago, not sure if I caught a moon in transit or not, there is a dark spot though.

150mm reflector - 320x mag, Pale yellow filter, and a 10Mp camera.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:26:56 PM by getrealzommb »

Uninvited Guest

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

I have already confessed that I haven't got the equipment to take images of very good quality and that I haven't yet captured shadows of Jupiter's moons, however I have amateur Astrophotographer friends who have better equipment and have captured some fantastic images demonstrating the shadows of transiting moons.

I have also explained that this image is to illustrate the quality of the app simulations which gives the standard helio definition more weight.

I'd like to see some of your planetary images?...I imagine that by your criticism of mine, that yours are considerably better?...

I mean no harm, just asking because you seemed so sure about the shadows. But you couldn't present nothing solid nevertheless (nor arguments or good images proving them). It's pointless going on trying to observe something from your images.

Unfortunately, like you, I don't have such images whatsoever.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:37:16 PM by Uninvited Guest »

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »

I mean no harm, just asking because you seemed so sure about the shadows. But you couldn't present nothing solid nevertheless (nor arguments or good images proving them). It's pointless going on trying to observe something from your images.

You don't need me, though, to show you my own images of these shadows...

There are so many amateur astronomers capturing them. I could show you some images, but you would doubt their authenticity without seeing the original source. They're not my images but I have followed the progress of said astronomers and have seen their images improve in detail. I have no reason to doubt their authenticity.

My attempts about a week ago, not sure if I caught a moon in transit or not, there is a dark spot though.

150mm reflector - 320x mag, Pale yellow filter, and a 10Mp camera.

That's a fantastic image! Far better than mine. That most definitely is a transiting moon... Not sure if it the shadow of one, but certainly a moon. If you were to use an app like Sky Guide, you can back-date the movements of Jupiter and its moons to when this picture was captured and you'd be able to establish exactly which moon it is! Congratulations on this capture!

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »

That is a great picture of Jupiter my good sir. :)
What camera are you using?

Here's a picture of the moon I took a few nights ago with my Nikon Coolpix P900:

Thank you! It's taken with a Nikon D3100.

Great moon pic...lovely detail.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »

In the interest of providing evidence, whether you believe their authenticity or not, here are some examples...

https://instagram.com/p/_mcHGTsOho/
https://instagram.com/p/BCn3vHPvRIY/

Uninvited Guest

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:05 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/_mcHGTsOho/

Where the shadow is cast, there is such a unusual glow. Also, If you look at bottom left, there is another seeming shadow appearing and disappearing strangely.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »

Where the shadow is cast, there is such a unusual glow. Also, If you look at bottom left, there is another seeming shadow appearing and disappearing strangely.

The image poster said that the image is overexposed. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »

This will be a series of images put together to make a kind of animation. Each image will have different exposure. I imagine it was very tough to gain continuity in these images. The last image was clearly badly exposed.

As for the shadow at the bottom left, I imagine it was dust or marks on the mirrors or eyepieces. I find that happens a lot when I'm trying to capture. When an object is magnified that many times, the tiniest fibre can really ruin your shot!

Oliver is an amateur astronomer with his own equipment. He is not employed to do this, he does it as a hobby and is very good at it! What reason do you have to doubt these images? What would be the purpose in him fabricating them?...

Uninvited Guest

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »

This will be a series of images put together to make a kind of animation. Each image will have different exposure. I imagine it was very tough to gain continuity in these images. The last image was clearly badly exposed.

As for the shadow at the bottom left, I imagine it was dust or marks on the mirrors or eyepieces. I find that happens a lot when I'm trying to capture. When an object is magnified that many times, the tiniest fibre can really ruin your shot!

Oliver is an amateur astronomer with his own equipment. He is not employed to do this, he does it as a hobby and is very good at it! What reason do you have to doubt these images? What would be the purpose in him fabricating them?...

No reason. Just found strange these points.
You're right, the images are fine as far as I can tell.

getrealzommb

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »

I can attest to this, as an amateur myself, I get about 1 decent capture in about 20 attempts. Its trying to get the exposure right that that I find difficult. I usually end up with ether a bright blur or a dark object. Then now and again you strike gold.  ;)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »

I can attest to this, as an amateur myself, I get about 1 decent capture in about 20 attempts. Its trying to get the exposure right that that I find difficult. I usually end up with ether a bright blur or a dark object. Then now and again you strike gold.  ;)

Perhaps I could suggest taking a photography class?  I am not talking about the ones where they teach where to center the camera in order to get the most pleasing picture.  I am talking about the ones that teach you about all of the functions of a camera. 

getrealzommb

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:59 AM »

Perhaps I could suggest taking a photography class?  I am not talking about the ones where they teach where to center the camera in order to get the most pleasing picture.  I am talking about the ones that teach you about all of the functions of a camera.

Good suggestion, I might just do that. I have a fairly new camera that I haven't realy got to grips with yet. especially when trying to capture the night sky.

Here was a failed attempt at part of the moon. Just to hot, would have been good otherwise

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:15 AM »
That phlogiston looks to be very hot, in deed. 

getrealzommb

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »

That's a fantastic image! Far better than mine. That most definitely is a transiting moon... Not sure if it the shadow of one, but certainly a moon. If you were to use an app like Sky Guide, you can back-date the movements of Jupiter and its moons to when this picture was captured and you'd be able to establish exactly which moon it is! Congratulations on this capture!

Cheers, I was very happy with that one. according to the app I have, It seems that I captured Callisto or maybe just its shadow.

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »
So am I to assume then that there isn't an FE explanation for these shadows other than that they are produced by the sun's light?

And if the sun is able to produce such shadows, are we then to abandon the Spotlight Sun theory?

Would this place the sun further from the Earth in order to illuminate such distant objects? (and we know Jupiter is a giant because it has its orbiting moons and acts as our protector, swallowing comets and asteroids on our behalf and is therefore, quite obviously very very far away)