Nasa photos from various missions.

• 53 Replies
?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
Re: Nasa photos from various missions.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
The clouds in the red circle remain the same shape throughout the animation.

Are you blind, or mad, or just thick?

And anyway, even if they did hardly move it doesn't mean anything as has been said.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
Also the resolution needs to be a lot higher to be able to pinpoint the kind of local movement we see from the ground. Weather systems on the whole move extremely slowly (remember how it can take a day for the rain to disappear?) except in the case of extreme systems like hurricanes which you will see spinning from hour to hour or fast moving fronts where cumulus cloud builds up quickly and you can see that with the naked eye.

Nice try Tom but like someone said, they are many ways to prove the earth is round apart from space photography.

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 03:10:24 AM »
I'm curious to know the trajectory of the probe during the 25 hour time period during which these photos were taken.

Either:

a)  The space craft had a polar orbit resulting in 1 revolution per hour (unlikely).
b)  The space craft was relatively motionless (more unlikely).

Also, the clouds do seem peculiarly stable.

As to the original photos that I posted:
Were they digital photographs or analog?  We've been transmitting images far longer than Nasa has been around.
Books don't lie...the people that write them do.

Lorddave

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »
I'm curious to know the trajectory of the probe during the 25 hour time period during which these photos were taken.

Either:

a)  The space craft had a polar orbit resulting in 1 revolution per hour (unlikely).

Were they digital photographs or analog?  We've been transmitting images far longer than Nasa has been around.

On this pass it was leaving Earth for Jupiter in a slingshot move.  It was moving away from the Earth. 
The stability of the clouds is to be expected, as 2fst4u has stated, the clouds we see in the upper atmosphere are more stable than the ones we see flying by. 
But if you think about it, it makes sense.  How big are those clouds that seem to fly by fast?  Most of them are pretty small, only a few thousand feet up, and some are even very transparent.  Do you think you could see them in a low resolution image taking from at least several thousand miles up?  Hell, you can't even see cities so what hope is there of seeing clouds that cover a small field?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »

Either:

On this pass it was leaving Earth for Jupiter in a slingshot move.  It was moving away from the Earth. 
The stability of the clouds is to be expected, as 2fst4u has stated, the clouds we see in the upper atmosphere are more stable than the ones we see flying by. 
But if you think about it, it makes sense.  How big are those clouds that seem to fly by fast?  Most of them are pretty small, only a few thousand feet up, and some are even very transparent.  Do you think you could see them in a low resolution image taking from at least several thousand miles up?  Hell, you can't even see cities so what hope is there of seeing clouds that cover a small field?

I'll give the cloud explanation some credit, but that doesn't excuse the crappy photos at the beginning of this thread.  Color broadcast technology had been around for quite a bit before that, so it's unlikely those photos would be so off color and grainy due to limited imaging technology.

Lorddave

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »

Either:

I'll give the cloud explanation some credit, but that doesn't excuse the crappy photos at the beginning of this thread.  Color broadcast technology had been around for quite a bit before that, so it's unlikely those photos would be so off color and grainy due to limited imaging technology.

Well you've got two factors to deal with.
The first is the imaging technology.  They had limited space for everything.  Then what they used had to use very little power and survive space for long periods of time. 

The second issue is the on board computer.  Today we take it for granted but back then computers couldn't process images quickly.  If you took a 2Mpix camera image and asked an IMB 286 computer to load it, it would take a long time. 

Doing a bit of research, I found the specs for the camera.
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/instruments/ssi.html

800x800 pixels.  That's what I'd expect to see from Galileo.  The others had less.

Also remember that many space probes don't have color cameras.  The reason being is that while color is nice, it doesn't add detail and it takes up 3x the space in the transmission.
Remember, a grey scale image is 255 tones from black to white.  A color image is 255 tones of red, green, and blue.

And if you're going to be transmitting a signal millions of miles away, you don't want it to be huge files.

This is for the clementine probe:
http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/Projects/Clementine/nasaclem/sensors/uvvis/uvvis_table.html

As you can see, a pretty cheap little camera.  But I assume it was designed to work for close range mapping at high image frame rates.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

fbkj

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »

So you don't see it getting bigger and the inner "eye" bloating outwards?

Let me compare the first and last images then.

Your red circle is moving out of sync with the clouds.
Wait what?
I took it exactly from the movie and drew a red circle in each frame.  The circle probably isn't going to be exactly centered over the area all the time but that's because I manually moved it there.  Centering exactly was not something I tried to do.  It's just a way to make sure you know where to focus your vision.

you deserve a lot of credit for having the patience to explain this

sweet fucking jesus...

Lorddave

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »

Wait what?
I took it exactly from the movie and drew a red circle in each frame.  The circle probably isn't going to be exactly centered over the area all the time but that's because I manually moved it there.  Centering exactly was not something I tried to do.  It's just a way to make sure you know where to focus your vision.

sweet fucking jesus...

I work with teenagers in High School trying to explain to them how to use Microsoft Office.
This is no different.

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 02:39:07 AM »

Wait what?
I took it exactly from the movie and drew a red circle in each frame.  The circle probably isn't going to be exactly centered over the area all the time but that's because I manually moved it there.  Centering exactly was not something I tried to do.  It's just a way to make sure you know where to focus your vision.

sweet fucking jesus...

I work with teenagers in High School trying to explain to them how to use Microsoft Office.
This is no different.
Damn public schools.  They should know how to use basic computer software by the time they reach high school.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:40:44 AM by Mizzle »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 06:06:20 AM »

Wait what?
I took it exactly from the movie and drew a red circle in each frame.  The circle probably isn't going to be exactly centered over the area all the time but that's because I manually moved it there.  Centering exactly was not something I tried to do.  It's just a way to make sure you know where to focus your vision.

sweet fucking jesus...

This is no different.
Damn public schools.  They should know how to use basic computer software by the time they reach high school.
Microsoft Office is proprietary software.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Rob Valensky

• 9.8m/sē
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
We should start bumping threads that contains these unanswered (posts) claims/questions to the Flat Earthers. Otherwise, these threads will get buried and the flat earthers will never be reminded of the truth.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:50 PM »
We FEers have no obligation to you really. But, I Do beleive like most round earth photos and videos, these were doctored.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Lorddave

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
We FEers have no obligation to you really. But, I Do beleive like most round earth photos and videos, these were doctored.

And how do you know FET photos and videos aren't doctored?

Xerox

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
Cool, I noticed Tom quit posting in this thread.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »

...Because there aren't any?

?

Rob Valensky

• 9.8m/sē
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

...Because there aren't any?

Yup, there are no valid photos that were ever captured that backs up the FET, so there are really no photos that they could possibly photoshop. They've made representations of the FE map model (don't take this for granted, they have 'ripped' parts of the RE model and adjusted it to try and support their doctrine). Besides that, what else have they produced?

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »
They've made representations of the FE map model (don't take this for granted, they have 'ripped' parts of the RE model and adjusted it to try and support their doctrine). Besides that, what else have they produced?

AKA, all FE images have been doctored.

loling

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
This could be accounted to FET being terribly under funded.(BRWB don't say that it has the correct amount of funding, none)
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »
This could be accounted to FET being terribly under funded.(BRWB don't say that it has the correct amount of funding, none)

Surely then you could at least outline a map that could account for the problem with distances.... oh yeah. Forgot nobody on the FET has been able to counter this without one of these options.

1) Lurk Moar
2) Read FAQ
3) DA CONSPRIACYSIZERS!!!
4) Where is your proof?

" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 05:22:17 PM »
I've only done the third one. I'm thinking if this is a frequent issue you may want to attempt the other three, if you have not already.

?

fbkj

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »

LOL right

and yet threads like this one exist

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30593.0

photos of RET, fake, videogames that pats us on the back cuz it feeds our comfy zones

well thats entirely acceptable

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
What?

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
Anyone, no matter how much funds they have, can map the Earth using only major cities and shipping/flight times/distances.

All the information you have is at your fingertips, and it's correct, as many people are currently and have been in the air observing so.

You can make a map using time, with a scale on minutes, or you can make a map using distance, doesn't bother me, it will look nothing like your FE versions.

I chose major cities which were close, but within 5 degrees, to the 35 degree mark:

Auckland
>
Flight distance: 2312.41km
Ground distance: 2308.43km
Flight time: 3h 9min
>
  Canberra
>
Flight distance: 3098.38km
Ground distance: 3093.05km
Flight time: 4h 5min
>
  Perth
>
Flight distance: 8729.17km
Ground distance: 8714.16km
Flight time: 10h 47min
>
  Cape Town
>
Flight distance: 6895.13km
Ground distance: 6883.28km
Flight time: 8h 36min
>
  Buenos Aires
>
Flight distance: 10395.41km
Ground distance: 10377.53km
Flight time: 12h 46min
>
  Auckland

According to FE, the circumference of the Earth is about 126 000km and the circle around the 35degree South mark is about 80 000km.

See where it's not working for me?

FE just cannot do it.

?

fbkj

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »
What?

im saying you guys will dismiss proof based on nothing

but feel comforted on bewlshit thats based on nothing