my thoughts about flat earth

• 8 Replies
my thoughts about flat earth
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:56:06 AM »
I assume that earth is round, because its logical. I do believe that satellites orbit the earth and ISS exists...why do you find it so hard to believe. So you believe earth is flat, is constanty going up and stars and moon etc. follow with it? Why, oh why, does this seem logical to you? I would also like to point out that basically flat earth questions physics...as einstein proved (or theorized, but i find this pretty much confirmed), bigger objects draw smaller objects towards itself(gravity), this way planets are formed from smaller pieces around a center point creating a round object. How did this flat earth formed? god? Also, if space flights are impossible, then why such technology exists? I mean space launches are not closed events and hundreds of peoples have seen rockets get launched....so are these empty and launched into pure...nothingness...??? ? I find flat earth hardly possible, i mean basically a conspiracy so big would be basically impossible to cover..someone would notice.

Also, you guys have probably seen jet fighters in flight, right? well look closely as they fly over. see the steam line they leave behind? It clearly curves...i dont think pilots would be intentionally flying their planes towards ground just to keep up some stupid pointless "so-called" conspiracy that the earth is round  ::)

PS: how do you guys think aurora borealis happens?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: my thoughts about flat earth
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:09:11 AM »
I suppose if the Earth had spun a lot during it's construction then it would have been pulled into a circle shape? That's my flat Mars explaination. and apparently those rockets get launched into the sky and crashed at sea. I don't know how the aurora works on RE lol apart from it's got something to do with earth's magnetosphere

?

Marlow

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:55:36 AM »
I would also like to point out that basically flat earth questions physics...as einstein proved (or theorized, but i find this pretty much confirmed), bigger objects draw smaller objects towards itself(gravity), this way planets are formed from smaller pieces around a center point creating a round object.

Let me get your theory straight.  If a large meteor impacts a larger object, gravity somehow manages to rearrange its mass?  How does this explain those potato shaped asteroids?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 03:01:02 AM »
Let me get your theory straight.  If a large meteor impacts a larger object, gravity somehow manages to rearrange its mass?  How does this explain those potato shaped asteroids?

planets have formed slowly and asteroids are probably pieces from larger objects that have collided with each other. of cource, i am no expert.

EDIT: wikipedia explains that earth has formed from some kind of a huge dust cloud along with other planets in the solar system....moon is a piece of earth, originally detached by huge meteor impact (small planet) at the early stage of earth...these pieces (being very small, probably dust like) gathered and "made" the moon.

(of course you can try and deny wikipedia as a trusted source (being editable by anyone), but same kind of info can be found from my school books as well).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:58:42 AM by dozmio »

?

Marlow

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 03:40:00 AM »
I assume that earth is round, because its logical. I do believe that satellites orbit the earth and ISS exists...why do you find it so hard to believe. So you believe earth is flat, is constanty going up and stars and moon etc. follow with it? Why, oh why, does this seem logical to you? I would also like to point out that basically flat earth questions physics...as einstein proved (or theorized, but i find this pretty much confirmed), bigger objects draw smaller objects towards itself(gravity), this way planets are formed from smaller pieces around a center point creating a round object. How did this flat earth formed? god? Also, if space flights are impossible, then why such technology exists? I mean space launches are not closed events and hundreds of peoples have seen rockets get launched....so are these empty and launched into pure...nothingness...??? ? I find flat earth hardly possible, i mean basically a conspiracy so big would be basically impossible to cover..someone would notice.

Also, you guys have probably seen jet fighters in flight, right? well look closely as they fly over. see the steam line they leave behind? It clearly curves...i dont think pilots would be intentionally flying their planes towards ground just to keep up some stupid pointless "so-called" conspiracy that the earth is round  ::)

Bumped for preserving the OP. 

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 03:58:06 AM »
apparently those rockets get launched into the sky and crashed at sea.

i just have to ask this...how come nobody has ever seen such a big object crash? those things are huge...especially the shuttle carriers.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:59:46 AM by dozmio »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:28:59 AM »
The booster rockets DO crash back to earth and they're recovered later...

?

Bushido

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 04:45:27 AM »
apparently those rockets get launched into the sky and crashed at sea.

i just have to ask this...how come nobody has ever seen such a big object crash? those things are huge...especially the shuttle carriers.

This site (NASA) explains the structure of the Space Shuttle System:

Another site is:

As it can be read, it is made up of three main components:

• The two Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs), which provide 80 percent of launch thrust
  • The huge rust-colored External Tank (ET), which feeds fuel to three Space Shuttle Main Engines (SSMEs) during launch
  • The orbiter itself, which serves as the crew's home in space and is equipped to dock with the International Space Station.

This is from the same site:

The Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs) operate in parallel with the main engines for the first two minutes of flight to provide the additional thrust needed for the Orbiter to escape the gravitational pull of the Earth. At an altitude of approximately 45 km (24 nautical miles), the boosters separate from the orbiter/external tank, descend on parachutes, and land in the Atlantic Ocean. They are recovered by ships, returned to land, and refurbished for reuse. The boosters also assist in guiding the entire vehicle during initial ascent. Thrust of both boosters is equal to 5,300,000 lbs.

The tank is the only component of the Space Shuttle that is not reused. Approximately 8.5 minutes into the flight, with its propellant used, the tank is jettisoned.

When the Solid Rocket Boosters separate at an altitude of approximately 45 kilometers (28 miles), the orbiter, with the main engines still burning, carries the external tank piggyback to near orbital velocity, approximately 113 kilometers (70 miles) above the Earth. The now nearly empty tank separates and falls in a preplanned trajectory with the majority of it disintegrating in the atmosphere and the rest falling into the ocean.

This leaves the orbiter which glides back to Earth, usually landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida (from where it launches), or Edwards Air Force Base in California if something goes wrong.

But, this is not a problem for FE, since we can not really tell where the orbiter is coming from. Maybe NASA has secret landing strips beyond the Ice Wall where the orbiter lands and waits as long as the mission is supposed to last and then heads back home.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 06:09:03 AM »
Due to charged particles being swept up in the earth's magnetic field and interacting with the atmosphere.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson