I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »
About a week ago, Heiwa informed me of his €1,000,000 challenge on his website, not the one about proving that the 9/11 incident was done by terrorists but the second one at the bottom of the page about the Apollo missions.  This is it:
The Anders Björkman Challenge 2 is first to calculate using first principles the amount of fuel (or energy) required to complete a manned Moon and/or planet Mars return trip after being ejected into space from Earth towards the Moon and/or planet Mars by external rockets, second to describe the space ship incl. its masses before/after the various maneuvers of the trip, any heat shield(s), if fitted, the engines and fuel tanks that can carry the amount of fuel using 1960 or 2015 technology, the accommodation for the persons aboard and finally to show that it is actually feasable to do the trip. Please do not present dreams and fantasies.
How I won was I showed him a simulator that when paired with a mod can simulate the Apollo missions, and I even offered to check the config files for realism.  As for the reentry part, I drew a diagram that illustrates how reentry capsules control their orientation and trajectory.  I have been presenting all this to Heiwa via PM's and he has not responded in almost a day now after I said "If I'm not mistaken, you owe me some money", so I figured that I might as well mention this on the forum to get the word out and to force him to not make the trademark flat earther move of ignoring my victory.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »
Nice.  You get to buy everyone a round when you get the money.  (if you get it)

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
Pint of Thatchers Gold please!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:47:32 AM »
I don't drink, so I'll just take a cherry coke. :P
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
After verifying the OP's result myself, I must concur that Heiwa definitely needs to award you the prize now. Congratulations !!!
I think, therefore I am

?

guv

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »
Just having a beer for you. Best I send you the empty, that's better than Hewee will do.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:51 AM »
If I get the money then I plan on using some of it to go to space and see for myself how round the Earth is.  There are some relatively cheap rides into sub orbit available commercially.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »
If I get the money then I plan on using some of it to go to space and see for myself how round the Earth is.  There are some relatively cheap rides into sub orbit available commercially.

Bring scepti with you too please.
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:45 PM »

Bring scepti with you too please.

And leave him there.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Arith

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »
I wait with bated breath to where Anders will move the goalposts this time.

By the way, Anders. I get about as much traffic to my server as you do. Except my box is smart enough to flag the bulk of them being scanners from pretty much all countries. My server is about as popular as yours, except mine is SUPPOSED be used by like 3 people.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 08:54:07 PM »
Speaking of Heiwa, when was the last time anyone heard from him?  It seems he went silent after I won his challenge, the last I heard of him was a PM saying that I had lost the challenge that came right before I won the challenge.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
I believe you have to claim it in person to the following address:

Heiwa Co - European Agency for Safety at Sea
Anders Björkman
6, rue Victor Hugo
F 06 240 Beausoleil
France
Tel. +33(0)4 93784590,
Mobile +33(0)661725424
email: anders.bjorkman@wanadoo.fr

I think, therefore I am

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »
I haven't seen any results of any simulations of any kind so far. To win my Challenge you must show that your figures and descriptions are complete and realistic.
If the simulations, e.g. include a 357.5 seconds blast to produce 97 400 N thrust, burning 10 898 kg of fuel, to get backwards into orbit around the fast moving Moon (in order not to crash on it or miss it) that orbits Earth that orbits the Sun at great speed, the description must also include in what direction the thrust was applied, by whom it was done and how, etc. How was the steering jets controlled so that the rocket thrust was applied in exactly the right direction. I am also interested in how the fuel pump was driven to pump 31 kg/s fuel to the rocket engine. Electric?  From where? Batteries? And at what pressure was the fuel injected? It seems quite complicated to manually steer a spacecraft into Moon orbit and I haven't seen, as said above, any realistic simulations or descriptions of it. The 1969 NASA + Buzz descriptions are a little vague, to say the least. You have to perform better to win my Challenge.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:05:58 AM by Heiwa »

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 11:59:12 PM »
And yet, you still haven't shown that you have the money :P
I think, therefore I am

?

guv

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:16 AM »
No money so move the goal post's. Seen that before I think.

ausGeoff

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 05:47:35 AM »
And yet, you still haven't shown that you have the money :P

Of course Björkman doesn't have the money; and he never has.  It's just a bluff of his which he seems to think—mistakenly—that adds veracity to his nonsensical "computations" about the collapse of the WTC towers. He's only a glorified boat mechanic FFS.  He has zero qualifications in the structural engineering design of multistory buildings.  End of story.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 07:33:31 AM »
I haven't seen any results of any simulations of any kind so far. To win my Challenge you must show that your figures and descriptions are complete and realistic.
If the simulations, e.g. include a 357.5 seconds blast to produce 97 400 N thrust, burning 10 898 kg of fuel, to get backwards into orbit around the fast moving Moon (in order not to crash on it or miss it) that orbits Earth that orbits the Sun at great speed, the description must also include in what direction the thrust was applied, by whom it was done and how, etc. How was the steering jets controlled so that the rocket thrust was applied in exactly the right direction. I am also interested in how the fuel pump was driven to pump 31 kg/s fuel to the rocket engine. Electric?  From where? Batteries? And at what pressure was the fuel injected? It seems quite complicated to manually steer a spacecraft into Moon orbit and I haven't seen, as said above, any realistic simulations or descriptions of it. The 1969 NASA + Buzz descriptions are a little vague, to say the least. You have to perform better to win my Challenge.

Sense when did the challenge include describing every nut and bolt of the Saturn V and it's payload?  I have completed the challenge as detailed in your website and your website clearly says that completion of the challenge as detailed in your website would make you €1,000,000 richer.  I have completed the challenge alas detailed in your website and now you are not holding up your end of the deal.  How about we have a community vote as to if I won the challenge or not.  Sound fair?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:38:42 AM by mikeman7918 »

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 07:35:07 AM »
Since I trust both Mike and Cartesian but have not seen the results, I can only assume that this is all Heiwa moving the goalposts here. Oh wells. It was expected, I guess I'll have to buy my own cherry coke.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Heiwa

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
I have completed the challenge alas detailed in your website and now you are not holding up your end of the deal.  How about we have a community vote as to if I won the challenge or not.  Sound fair?
LOL! Please read the requirements of the Challenge - http://heiwaco.com/chall2.htm . Can you read? If not, learn to read or ask your mother/father/legal person to read for you.
In order to complete the Challenge you must submit your complete report to me. Not just refer to some Mickey Mouse Disney moon travel software. Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:08:16 AM by Heiwa »

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
I have completed the challenge alas detailed in your website and now you are not holding up your end of the deal.  How about we have a community vote as to if I won the challenge or not.  Sound fair?
LOL! Please read the requirements of the Challenge - http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm . Can you read? If not, learn to read or ask your mother/father/legal person to read for you.
In order to complete the Challenge you must submit your complete report to me. Not just refer to some Mickey Mouse Disney moon travel software. Good luck!
How about you rewrite the page without the silly multiple fonts,colors, sizes, bolds, italics.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
LOL! Please read the requirements of the Challenge - http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm . Can you read? If not, learn to read or ask your mother/father/legal person to read for you.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »

Why does it matter how I present the information to you?  I offered to check the source code of the simulator and mod for you so you didn't have to just trust that it was accurate, it's not my fault that you just decided to take my word for it and change the topic to reentry, which I then showed you a diagram showing how reentry pods are stable, plus I forgot to mention that they are bottom heavy which causes the heat shield to face in the direction of travel.  Do you want me to check the code Heiwa?  Would that be enough to win the challenge?  If not then how can I win the challenge by doing anything short of delivering an operational Saturn V to your door step?

?

guv

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 10:35:49 PM »
Found a paper that hewee may like about gravitational slingshot's. Bit of a read but I will try.

http://www2.esm.vt.edu/~sdross/papers/JeJuRo_CNSNS.pdf

Heiwa

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »

Why does it matter how I present the information to you?  I offered to check the source code of the simulator and mod for you so you didn't have to just trust that it was accurate, it's not my fault that you just decided to take my word for it and change the topic to reentry, which I then showed you a diagram showing how reentry pods are stable, plus I forgot to mention that they are bottom heavy which causes the heat shield to face in the direction of travel.  Do you want me to check the code Heiwa?  Would that be enough to win the challenge?  If not then how can I win the challenge by doing anything short of delivering an operational Saturn V to your door step?
Hm, you (anonymous, using a stupid pseudonym) copied a link to me and suggested using that link my Challenge would be solved. I checked the link and found it was a toys for boys (babies) to play space wars with. When I told you that you apparently wetted and shitted your pants, etc., starting this thread. Good PR for me but bad, wet, shitty for you and all your anonymous, obnoxious colleagues here.

Heiwa

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:04 PM »
Found a paper that hewee may like about gravitational slingshot's. Bit of a read but I will try.

http://www2.esm.vt.edu/~sdross/papers/JeJuRo_CNSNS.pdf

It is a fantastic paper:
In this paper, we consider a spacecraft initially in a large orbit around Jupiter. Our goal is to use small impulsive controls
to direct the spacecraft into a capture orbit about Callisto, the furthest planet-sized moon of Jupiter.

So one way or another a spacecraft is considered orbiting Jupiter and it is considered it meets head on Callisto, a moon of Jupiter, and a second way or another a gravitational slingshot is considered to take place, blah, blah. As I always say, astrophysics is 100% pseudoscience. The paper is just one example of it. Thanks.

Arith

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 04:05:01 AM »

Hm, you (anonymous, using a stupid pseudonym) [...] Good PR for me but bad, wet, shitty for you and all your anonymous, obnoxious colleagues here.

I love how when Anders gets backed into a corner, he does mental gymnastics to make this seem like it's his advantage. Also, what is this seemingly absolute hatred about anonymity? I would rather be known as Arith, obscure forum poster, than Anders, a well known crackpot laughed at by engineers and laymen globally.

If you want to talk about obnoxious, how about offering a challenge whose goalposts are always shifting with no proof that the prize money is even in your possession?

ausGeoff

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 05:34:58 AM »

I love how when Anders gets backed into a corner, he does mental gymnastics to make this seem like it's his advantage. Also, what is this seemingly absolute hatred about anonymity? I would rather be known as Arith, obscure forum poster, than Anders, a well known crackpot laughed at by engineers and laymen globally.

At least knowing that the pseudonym [sic] Heiwa = Anders Björkman is advantageous.  As you suggest, it makes it so much easier for genuine scientists and engineers—and us—to have a good laugh at his expense.  His web pages would have to be some of the most crudely designed I've seen since the days of Win 3.1 and certainly reflect the technical "quality" of their contents.

In fact, considering we've called his bluff so many times here, I often wonder why he's still bothering to post his schoolboy crap—although he tends to do that, and has done, on many other forums until he gets banned permanently.  He probably thinks he'll never be banned here because he's discovered a cave-full of fellow scientific neanderthals with like-minded beliefs LOL.

I've shot him down several time myself now, and the best defence he could muster were juvenile ad hominems—the surest sign of a loser.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 05:56:47 AM »
The sheer extent of the attacks on Heiwa prove one thing to me. No ordinary person/s would go to so much trouble to attack him whilst attempting to ridicule a well set out web page that he has put up, with a lot of clear thought.
This doesn't mean I agree with it all but that's not the point. The point is, only clearly paid shills would take this amount of time to continuously attack him to the point of making topics designed to wear him down to stop him posting his thoughts.

I trust nobody as a rule, including Heiwa - sorry Heiwa, it's nothing personal - but having said this - I can clearly see who is 100% untrustworthy and are either literally being paid or have a vested interest in stopping their fantasies being dissolved.

Heiwa; if you have any sense, you will simply post up your thoughts and clearly understand that most of those who are opposing you, are only doing so because they fear you, nothing more.
The bully only feels confident among bullies. The lead bully loves control over the weaker bullies who follow, as each give the other a sense of control.
In terms of forums, mass ridicule can have the desired effect against one person if that person shows any sign of weakness against the onslaught.

Geoffrey is the lead bully. The good thing against him is, there are many people who think like him, that dislike him for being a bully.
He can't be bullied back because he runs crying to the mods, as he has done on numerous occasions when I've took him on. I've had to ignore him to save the mods the pain of having to deal with his constant complaints, or this is how it's made to appear. Who knows what is going on.

Most of the others you can debate with. My advice to you is to smile at Geoffrey or bypass his posts and keep up the good work.
Don't think people on here aren't reading your thoughts. There will be many. All people like Geoffrey are doing is trying to poison the free thinking persons minds and those who have the potential to see through the lies of what people like Geoffrey, spew.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:59:08 AM by sceptimatic »

Heiwa

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 05:57:28 AM »
I've shot him down several time myself now, and the best defence he could muster were juvenile ad hominems—the surest sign of a loser.

Please do no start missing the point or pissing in the wind using latin. You have already proven several times you are a nobody.

ausGeoff

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 06:31:29 AM »
Geoffrey is the lead bully. The good thing against him is, there are many people who think like him, that dislike him for being a bully.
He can't be bullied back because he runs crying to the mods, as he has done on numerous occasions when I've took him on. I've had to ignore him to save the mods the pain of having to deal with his constant complaints, or this is how it's made to appear. Who knows what is going on.

Most of the others you can debate with. My advice to you is to smile at Geoffrey or bypass his posts and keep up the good work.
Don't think people on here aren't reading your thoughts. There will be many. All people like Geoffrey are doing is trying to poison the free thinking persons minds and those who have the potential to see through the lies of what people like Geoffrey, spew.

And this proves once again my suspicion that sceptimatic IS in fact still reading each and every one of my comments LOL.

I had him backed into so many corners that he ended up allegedly adding me to his IGNORE listing, but it's pretty obvious that this was simply another of his many, many lies.  The reason he claimed for ignoring me was in reality connected with my ripping apart every one of his absurd pseudo-scientific claims.  Eventually I buried him under a sea of empirical, viable, credible scientific facts and figures.

I'm guessing the most embarrassing episode for the guy was when I kept raising the points about him being unable to define his ludicrous fairy tale about "denpressure", and he was lost for words—literally.  The same for his lies about his purported thirteen academic credentials and his 12 books, and his multiple patents.  All blatant lies.  And whatever happened to the results of his research with the special laser and the 2km sheet of flat ice that was gonna revolutionise the way we looked at the shape of the planet?  Again, the whole thing was just another blatant lie.

And it never cease to amuse me that sceptimatic is like a moth to the flame with every whack-job—such as Björkman—who joins this forum.  In fact, the more loony tunes they are, the quicker poor old sceptimatic will endeavour to befriend them with gushing praise for their opinions, and at the same time get the boots into all the round earthers here.

Still, his comedic efforts don't go totally unwasted.  His stuff is fresher than Bozo the Clown's, plus you don't have to pay for a circus entry ticket!

;D    ;D    ;D