why we cannot trust scientists

• 731 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: why we cannot trust scientists
« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »
Kids can cut pictures out of paper. Not hard at all.

when your paper stands up on its edge, doesn't crease, exhibits motion blur in some, and can fly, let me know.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »
Kids can cut pictures out of paper. Not hard at all.

when your paper stands up on its edge, doesn't crease, exhibits motion blur in some, and can fly, let me know.
That is an insect. I'm talking about the other pictures.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #632 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »
your inability to respond says it all. you reject, not based on evidence, but based on arrogance.

What would you have me respond to?
You believe in fairies.

there is much evidence for doing so. not only are they a universal concept, but you have photos like these:

they convinced no less an investigator than arthur conan doyle, and existed long before photoshop or any manipulative tools, and were recorded in such old journals, confirming that fact. this is a genuine image, too old to be questionable. they are very clear in what they show.
you accept photographic evidence from people who have photoshop, of a fantasy round earth. you should accept this.

closed mindedness is not an argument.

JRowe, you do not need photoshop to manipulate pictures. A darkroom does as well. In the case of your fairy photos, they clearly are cut out of paper. They do not fly, they are fixed at the twigs. Also their wings are not blurred, obviously they didn't move. You do not even need knowledge of photographic technique to produce such pictures. They are nice by the way.

Only the spirit can see spirits. You can't take pictures of them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:35:13 AM by FalseProphet »

« Reply #633 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:14 AM »
so the photos I posted are real too since they couldn't have been faked. There really was a huge human eyeball on a wall and the other guy existed in two places at one time. Probably due to some aetheric effect but anyway.

they are children, and this was ages ago, they would not have photoshop like you are proposing.
plus even if the images are edited, that takes an existing model or photo, which only works if you say fairies exist

i notice none of you have given a method. how can you be sure those photos are faked if you can't even give a believable method? remember, your method must be a) available and simple enough for children to do, b) able to produce fairies in flight, c) not reliant on an existing image of fairies, if you even want to make a start at disproving what was shown.

Hell man haven't you realized that the pictures I posted were not made with photoshop?? Those are not digital photographs at all, they are very old chemical photo manipulations. Get it?

Double exposure. There's a method for you.

BTW do these fairies by any chance talk to you?

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #634 on: March 27, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
Are you saying that this insect doesn't have legs?

Also, Pareidolia, look it up.

I'm saying that insects don't have legs, arms, and a face. Also, Chironomidae do not glow. Only faries glow due to their natural bioluminescence.

Why is it so ridiculous for you to believe that fairies exist? They are simply a product of natural evolution. They're just small-ish (their sizes vary) humans with wings. The fact that they can turn invisible at will is the only reason you haven't seen them yourself. And it's not invisibility, like magical cloak or anything, it's simply active camouflage that evolved naturally to protect them from predators.

you don't understand what evolution is. evolution is the slow process based on blind mutations, which are then decided by nature if these mutations are somewhat positive for organism or negative. i don't see how fairies could evolve from people and organise wings on their back. it's impossible and would take even billions of years to create 0,5 cm organisms from 180 cm people.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanislaw Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #635 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
And, evolution only works when the transition is helpful, not just the end result. You're a human that's at an average of 4 feet, about as large as a child, with stubs for wings. That human wouldn't survive, then not transmitting this mutated gene.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #636 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
And, evolution only works when the transition is helpful, not just the end result. You're a human that's at an average of 4 feet, about as large as a child, with stubs for wings. That human wouldn't survive, then not transmitting this mutated gene.

no, evolution process can be going on for days only if mutations aren't negative. they can be neutral or positive, but not negative. if mutation is negative, every organism with this mutation will die in next hundreds of years.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanislaw Lem

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #637 on: March 27, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »
Leukemia?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #638 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »

no, evolution process can be going on for days only if mutations aren't negative. they can be neutral or positive, but not negative. if mutation is negative, every organism with this mutation will die in next hundreds of years.
Being shorter seems negative. Can't reach them apples.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #639 on: March 27, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »

I'm saying that insects don't have legs, arms, and a face. Also, Chironomidae do not glow. Only faries glow due to their natural bioluminescence.

Why is it so ridiculous for you to believe that fairies exist? They are simply a product of natural evolution. They're just small-ish (their sizes vary) humans with wings. The fact that they can turn invisible at will is the only reason you haven't seen them yourself. And it's not invisibility, like magical cloak or anything, it's simply active camouflage that evolved naturally to protect them from predators.

you don't understand what evolution is. evolution is the slow process based on blind mutations, which are then decided by nature if these mutations are somewhat positive for organism or negative. i don't see how fairies could evolve from people and organise wings on their back. it's impossible and would take even billions of years to create 0,5 cm organisms from 180 cm people.

Where did I say that fairies evolved from humans? They are just similar to humans. My personal theory is that they evolved from insects.
Read the FAQS.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #640 on: March 27, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
Vauxhall, you do not believe in fairies, you do not believe that earth is flat and your turtle adventure sounds like stolen from a Manga book. I guess you are a compulsory liar. When did that start? Did you ever consider to begin a therapy?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #641 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
I'm replying in defense of Vauxhall to a response in the "M-M-M-Moster Fail" thread.  The theory that Vauxhall is referring to is well known and documented.  It states that fairies evolved from insects by mixing human DNA with the blood-stealing mosquito's DNA.  This DNA theft over time caused the mosquito to literally anthropomorphize itself.  This is all in line with current theories of evolution and is another reason we cannot trust scientists.  I do sympathize though, imagine if scientists released the knowledge to the public that there are evil fairies out there infecting people with Malaria, West Nile, and HIV. 

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #642 on: March 27, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
I'm replying in defense of Vauxhall to a response in the "M-M-M-Moster Fail" thread.  The theory that Vauxhall is referring to is well known and documented.  It states that fairies evolved from insects by mixing human DNA with the blood-stealing mosquito's DNA.  This DNA theft over time caused the mosquito to literally anthropomorphize itself.  This is all in line with current theories of evolution and is another reason we cannot trust scientists.  I do sympathize though, imagine if scientists released the knowledge to the public that there are evil fairies out there infecting people with Malaria, West Nile, and HIV.

Same symptoms.  :(

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #643 on: March 27, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »
so the photos I posted are real too since they couldn't have been faked. There really was a huge human eyeball on a wall and the other guy existed in two places at one time. Probably due to some aetheric effect but anyway.

they are children, and this was ages ago, they would not have photoshop like you are proposing.
plus even if the images are edited, that takes an existing model or photo, which only works if you say fairies exist

i notice none of you have given a method. how can you be sure those photos are faked if you can't even give a believable method? remember, your method must be a) available and simple enough for children to do, b) able to produce fairies in flight, c) not reliant on an existing image of fairies, if you even want to make a start at disproving what was shown.

Hell man haven't you realized that the pictures I posted were not made with photoshop?? Those are not digital photographs at all, they are very old chemical photo manipulations. Get it?

oh, chemical manipulations, chemicals must be in easy access to children, and they must be that about it all the time. really?
double exposure is not that defined and clear.

i have not had the opportunity to speak with fairies, unfortunately.

Vauxhall

« Reply #644 on: March 27, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
Vauxhall, you do not believe in fairies, you do not believe that earth is flat and your turtle adventure sounds like stolen from a Manga book. I guess you are a compulsory liar. When did that start? Did you ever consider to begin a therapy?

Where is this coming from? Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim or are you just trying to maintain your fantasy world by denying the possible existence of faeries on a flat Earth?

Fairy transmitted diseases are becoming a widespread problem, and it's an outrage that scientists or medical researchers are not revealing the truth about this to the public. The public needs to know about these faeries so that they can protect themselves from potential FTDs.
Read the FAQS.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #645 on: March 27, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »
your inability to respond says it all. you reject, not based on evidence, but based on arrogance.

You believe in fairies.

there is much evidence for doing so. not only are they a universal concept, but you have photos like these:

they convinced no less an investigator than arthur conan doyle, and existed long before photoshop or any manipulative tools, and were recorded in such old journals, confirming that fact. this is a genuine image, too old to be questionable. they are very clear in what they show.
you accept photographic evidence from people who have photoshop, of a fantasy round earth. you should accept this.

JRowe, you do not need photoshop to manipulate pictures. A darkroom does as well. In the case of your fairy photos, they clearly are cut out of paper. They do not fly, they are fixed at the twigs. Also their wings are not blurred, obviously they didn't move. You do not even need knowledge of photographic technique to produce such pictures. They are nice by the way.

their wings would not have to move all the time.
how could paper be fixed to twigs without a hole being obvious? nothing you're saying makes sense.
in addition, how could children be such good artists, if they were somehow drawn or faked?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #646 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:54 PM »

Where is this coming from? Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim or are you just trying to maintain your fantasy world by denying the possible existence of faeries on a flat Earth?

No, the existence of fairies is exactly what I expect on a flat earth.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #647 on: March 27, 2015, 01:09:01 PM »
on the evolution of fairies, i think it should be acknowledged that there are more ways to survive than thick muscles and brawn. nature has evolved perfect hunters, perfect defenders, what about perfect hiders? the fairies are fast, nimble, able to evade any predator, and clearly they are adept at hiding. it is probably only the presence of children (who resemble them more than adults) and likely girls (as fairies do tend to appear feminine) which lure them out as, compared to grown humans, they seem less alien.
fairies could indeed happily evolve. personally i think they would share a common ancestor with humans, and adapted more for speed and stealth, and possibly intelligence, than the brawn of the great apes. i can see how insects could also be responsible, however.
unfortunately, like birds, it seems likely fairies would have hollow and fragile bones, so any fossils will be incredibly hard to find, especially considering that fairies enjoy hiding themselves.

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #648 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »

Where did I say that fairies evolved from humans? They are just similar to humans. My personal theory is that they evolved from insects.

impossible. human look, human legs, human head, human face.

I'm replying in defense of Vauxhall to a response in the "M-M-M-Moster Fail" thread.  The theory that Vauxhall is referring to is well known and documented.  It states that fairies evolved from insects by mixing human DNA with the blood-stealing mosquito's DNA.  T

You believe in fairies.

their wings would not have to move all the time.
how could paper be fixed to twigs without a hole being obvious? nothing you're saying makes sense.
in addition, how could children be such good artists, if they were somehow drawn or faked?
his DNA theft over time caused the mosquito to literally anthropomorphize itself.  This is all in line with current theories of evolution and is another reason we cannot trust scientists.  I do sympathize though, imagine if scientists released the knowledge to the public that there are evil fairies out there infecting people with Malaria, West Nile, and HIV. 

how could mosquito and human dna mix naturally? do you even know what the evolution is?

oh, chemical manipulations, chemicals must be in easy access to children, and they must be that about it all the time. really?

1. kids could ask their dads to do so.
2. kids could cut the drawings of fairies in some books off.

on the evolution of fairies, i think it should be acknowledged that there are more ways to survive than thick muscles and brawn. nature has evolved perfect hunters, perfect defenders, what about perfect hiders? the fairies are fast, nimble, able to evade any predator, and clearly they are adept at hiding. it is probably only the presence of children (who resemble them more than adults) and likely girls (as fairies do tend to appear feminine) which lure them out as, compared to grown humans, they seem less alien.
fairies could indeed happily evolve. personally i think they would share a common ancestor with humans, and adapted more for speed and stealth, and possibly intelligence, than the brawn of the great apes. i can see how insects could also be responsible, however.
unfortunately, like birds, it seems likely fairies would have hollow and fragile bones, so any fossils will be incredibly hard to find, especially considering that fairies enjoy hiding themselves.

first off you need to know basics of evolution. if fairies and humans had their own common ancestor, it should be as or almost as tall as humans, because humans' height is the perfect height for predators (which humans obviously are). then we ask the question - how could fairies evolve from 160 cm to 0,5 cm in 4 millions of years? evolution is a slow, really, really slow process in which blind mutations are taken unto a natural judgement by natural selection, and this judgement lasts all generations, all thousands of years until one, particular specie dies or still survives. we count 3 types of mutations - negative, neutral and positive. negative in hundreds of years make a number of animals representing certain specie to decrease. neutral doesn't change anything, but in special situations may last longer than sub-specie without that certain mutation and dominate it. positive mutations make a number of animals representing certain specie in time of thousands of years to increase. now look - if there was a typical animal representating our common ancestor's specie, it would be like 140-150 cm tall. then there would be a mutation which lowered e.g. 500 representators height for 15 cm, they've born that way. it's obvious that they would die earlier and gave less benefits than their normal representators, because they had a height of 140-150 cm for some reason and this reason was because they at height of 140-150 cm were better at survival. therefore we come to conclusion, that coming lower than 15 or 20 cm down would be the limit and coming to the 0,5 cm height would be impossible.

Vauxhall

« Reply #649 on: March 27, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »
Perfect height for predators? Are you sure you're familiar with evolution? You seem to be confused about why We are the size we are. I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with RET.
Read the FAQS.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #650 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
when you understand the idea of 'common ancestor', come back. this is basic evolutionary theory, seriously. especially considering that fairies have delicate skeletal structures, they would diminish inside very rapidly.
as i also said, fairies are not predators, so a perfect height for predators is completely irrelevant. learn to read.

in addition, if they are, as you suggest, cut out drawings, not only should we expect to see jagged edges, but you run into the multiple problems with blaming paper. photos were taken in a birdbath and near a waterfall, you expect this paper to magically be immune to water?

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #651 on: March 27, 2015, 01:55:39 PM »
Perfect height for predators? Are you sure you're familiar with evolution? You seem to be confused about why We are the size we are. I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with RET.

i'm completely familiar with evolution, i've been talking about it for hours between me and creationists. because of mutations that made us a bit taller, we were better at survival than the shorter. that's why shorter representants of its sub-specie died and lasted only the taller, making people at the end 180 cm tall.

when you understand the idea of 'common ancestor', come back. this is basic evolutionary theory, seriously. especially considering that fairies have delicate skeletal structures, they would diminish inside very rapidly.
as i also said, fairies are not predators, so a perfect height for predators is completely irrelevant. learn to read.

in addition, if they are, as you suggest, cut out drawings, not only should we expect to see jagged edges, but you run into the multiple problems with blaming paper. photos were taken in a birdbath and near a waterfall, you expect this paper to magically be immune to water?

if I (and i really press this letter in tone of voice) don't know what the idea of common ancestor is, then please, you of-course-expert-of-evolution, enlight me.

you still don't know how to do a nice montage, i will explain it in some type of an instruction.
1. take a picture.
2. cut off small drawings of fairies.
3. flatten or moisten the edges of cut off drawings.
4. stick drawings to the photo.
5. compose it better to the base picture with e.g. white pencils or sth like that.
6. take a picture of completed base picture to show only the picture, not the table that the picture is laying on, to make an illusion of thing like it was a real, first photo.
7*. you can hold the picture a bit longer in a water to better compose the drawings with the base picture.
8.DONE.

« Reply #652 on: March 27, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »

When the girls who exposed and processed these photos using their dad's camera and dark room, yes, they obviously had access to the needed chemicals.

It's an interesting process actually, hardware and the needed chemicals are getting harder to find as almost everyone just shoots digital these days but if you can try it out somewhere do have a go, it's fun. Haven't done it myself since I was thirteen but at least I got to have the experience.

Here's another 1914 photo. They sure had some small people back in the day since they didn't yet have photoshop and so this must be real. Maybe they're fairies?

Vauxhall

« Reply #653 on: March 27, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

i'm completely familiar with evolution, i've been talking about it for hours between me and creationists. because of mutations that made us a bit taller, we were better at survival than the shorter. that's why shorter representants of its sub-specie died and lasted only the taller, making people at the end 180 cm tall.

This goes at odds with your "perfect predator" theory. The perfect predators were literally dinosaurs. Humans are not the perfect predator by any means. The RE explanation for their size is: gravity. Now, this answer seems a bit odd, because if gravity made dinosaurs so big... why aren't humans that big? This question implies a very simple answer: gravity was weaker during the time of the dinosaurs.

However, we are taught that gravity is a constant and hasn't changed for Earth in a long time (if at all). So, this is a contradiction in RET. Aether, however, remedies this. Aetheric researchers have discovered that the Earth used to be much larger than it is now. The Earth was formed by matter being condensed by the push of the aether, eventually forming a disc. Some of the space junk caught up in the aetheric wind that created the Earth was simply weaker than other parts and fell off the Earth over time (this was a gradual process, and possibly what killed off the dinosaurs). The bigger size of the Earth would have caused the aether more strain when accelerating the Earth, which resulted in a weaker acceleration which resulted in dinosaurs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:23:06 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #654 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:07 PM »
Citation needed.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

ausGeoff

« Reply #655 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »

I'm saying that insects don't have legs, arms, and a face. Also, Chironomidae do not glow. Only faeries glow due to their natural bioluminescence.

LOL... good effort Vauxhall.  Now I know you're just having your little joke.    :D

BTW, the flies aren't actually "glowing".  It's known as chromatic aberration—which is caused by bright image areas that are contiguous with dull areas.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #656 on: March 27, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
Aetheric researchers have discovered...

Who?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Vauxhall

« Reply #657 on: March 27, 2015, 02:16:17 PM »

I'm saying that insects don't have legs, arms, and a face. Also, Chironomidae do not glow. Only faeries glow due to their natural bioluminescence.

LOL... good effort Vauxhall.  Now I know you're just having your little joke.    :D

BTW, the flies aren't actually "glowing".  It's known as chromatic aberration—which is caused by bright image areas that are contiguous with dull areas.

Are you denying bioluminescence?

Have you ever seen a firefly?  C'mon, Geoff. Put some effort into your rebuttals. Denying organic bioluminescence is simply asinine, even for you.  ::)
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #658 on: March 27, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »

I think the word is "compulsive" but you're essentially correct.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #659 on: March 27, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

This goes at odds with your "perfect predator" theory. The perfect predators were literally dinosaurs. Humans are not the perfect predator by any means. The RE explanation for their size is: gravity. Now, this answer seems a bit odd, because if gravity made dinosaurs so big... why aren't humans that big? This question implies a very simple answer: gravity was weaker during the time of the dinosaurs.

However, we are taught that gravity is a constant and hasn't changed for Earth in a long time (if at all). So, this is a contradiction in RET. Aether, however, remedies this. Aetheric researchers have discovered that the Earth used to be much larger than that it is now. The Earth was formed by matter being condensed by the push of the aether, eventually forming a disc. Some of the space junk caught up in the aetheric wind that created the Earth was simply weaker than other parts and fell off the Earth over time (this was a gradual process, and possibly what killed off the dinosaurs). The bigger size of the Earth would have caused the aether more strain when accelerating the Earth, which resulted in a weaker acceleration which resulted in dinosaurs.

now I can use my experience with talking with creationists. here we go.
if we put a group of people from for example thousand years ago and a group of velociraptors, who would win? people, with a weapon that could kill velociraptors before they even reach people, or velociraptors with tiny brain, whose claws can attack on only 1 meter? that's why people are perfect predators - because of their incredible intelligence in a comparass between them and e.g. dinosaurs.

why aren't people that big as dinosaurs are? there are two not excluding each other explanations. it's because a build of dinosaurs was better at big sizes - they are strongly inclined and long, which makes them balance better and not damage their skeletons in a scale of whole life. second of all - in the times of dinosaurs there was more oxygen than now. now oxygen level is lower than 20% in the air, then it was over 50%. it's been tested and checked in the ambers. some farmers also done the test. they increased the level of oxygen in their glasshouse and let tomatoes grow in it. after some days, they returned, and the tomatoes were sometimes even 4 or 5 times bigger.