Conspiracy? Lamest thing I ever heard

• 27 Replies
Conspiracy? Lamest thing I ever heard
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
I read all your beliefs and just gota say....the theory is interesting but makes no sense. I will not get into the scientific facts and instead ask a simple question(s):

How exactly do all the world leaders make money doing this? You guys state that the conspiracy is for money...but exactly how?

If you think about it, all the countries would actually spend a STUPID amount of money trying to cover it up. You have to pay all those people to keep their mouths shut, re-do all the maps, GPS, the list just goes on...if I had to guess it would probably cost in the hundred of billions a year to keep a secret this big and to tell such a huge lie and to make it legitimate. So can someone show me where the money is being made?

And my second question is....do you really think that this forum would be up and running if the conspiracy was real? Part of the extremely expensive cover-up I just mentioned, if there was one they would probably have an elite cyber team monitoring chat rooms, emails and all sorts of things. I highly doubt this website would be standing since its so obvious(#1 in google....).
For example, if I was to hack the pentagon and steal the blueprints of the F-35 and put up a website all about it, that website would get shut down within an hour and the FBI would be raiding my house 3-4 hours later.....but this is not a 5th generation plane....were talking about the biggest conspiracy ever to mankind....ya I doubt its true otherwise this site would not be up and running.

Nice theory tho..

?

Thork

Re: Conspiracy? Lamest thing I ever heard
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
I'm not going to answer the conspiracy questions because I just can't be bothered to do it all again so soon. Its all been answered so many times. Maybe someone will help out but all the answers are all over the forum. The thread below answers lots of them.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,6308.0.html

However you also asked why is our website still here? Quite simply if they targeted us, that would give our movement exposure and people would want to know why they keep attacking our site. They prefer smear to smash. Instead they like to compare flat earthers to the stupid all the time to reinforce the image that you shouldn't believe it, its all dumb. You hear the likes of Obama talking about flat earth politics, or Time magazine talking about flat earth economics. Its all designed so you subconsciously think our society is ridiculous before you even stumble upon it.

However our numbers grow steadily and they will not be able to keep smearing us forever.

Oh, and welcome. :D

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »
"They" will shut us down when they are good and ready. >:(
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
I'm not going to answer the conspiracy questions because I just can't be bothered to do it all again so soon. Its all been answered so many times. Maybe someone will help out but all the answers are all over the forum. The thread below answers lots of them.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,6308.0.html

However you also asked why is our website still here? Quite simply if they targeted us, that would give our movement exposure and people would want to know why they keep attacking our site. They prefer smear to smash. Instead they like to compare flat earthers to the stupid all the time to reinforce the image that you shouldn't believe it, its all dumb. You hear the likes of Obama talking about flat earth politics, or Time magazine talking about flat earth economics. Its all designed so you subconsciously think our society is ridiculous before you even stumble upon it.

However our numbers grow steadily and they will not be able to keep smearing us forever.

Oh, and welcome. :D
Well..that conspiracy thread does not really answer the question of how they actually make money..just talks about tax. And also it would cost much more than 47 million a year to keep this covered up....MUCH more. And if they world leaders wanted to scam people of money they would make an easier way to do so(example...tell everyone about a fake virus and force every human being on earth to get a shot would make a lot more money and be much more easier to cover up).

Also no, pure fail...if they shut this site down you guys would never be heard from again. If someone was to re-make it, it would get shut down in seconds of being put up. Like I said if there was such as team of an elite cyber division you guys would all be silenced and websites like this would not be in existence...that simple..

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
agreed, organized religion is the real "conspiracy", not NASA.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
I read all your beliefs and just gota say....the theory is interesting but makes no sense. I will not get into the scientific facts and instead ask a simple question(s):

How exactly do all the world leaders make money doing this? You guys state that the conspiracy is for money...but exactly how?

If you think about it, all the countries would actually spend a STUPID amount of money trying to cover it up. You have to pay all those people to keep their mouths shut, re-do all the maps, GPS, the list just goes on...if I had to guess it would probably cost in the hundred of billions a year to keep a secret this big and to tell such a huge lie and to make it legitimate. So can someone show me where the money is being made?

NASA was primarily created to put rockets into orbit, in order to threaten countries with nuclear annihilation. This was the original motivation to fake space travel.

However, since today everyone believes that the US has space travel, the current motivating factor is to profit off the difference of costs between a real fake program over a fake space program. Logically it would cost a lot less to run a fake space program.

As far as paying everyone to "keep their mouth shut," that is not needed. They just need to trick those people into believing that they are building space simulators and museum props. The core operations can be largely ignorant. For example, during the Apollo Missions on the $8 Billion Lunar Lander project NASA could have simply told their Grumman contractors that they were building prop models of the Lunar Lander for display at museums. The NASA manager just had to say "oh you're on the B-Team making the models, sorry." Unbeknownst to the contractors, the supposed A-Team making the real deal doesn't exist.

A trip to the junk yard, a stop at the stationary store, and a weekend of binge drinking, and we have a genuine bona-fied Lunar Lander.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:52:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 06:01:59 PM »

NASA was primarily created to put rockets into orbit, in order to threaten countries with nuclear annihilation. This was the original motivation to fake space travel.

However, since today everyone believes that the US has space travel, the current motivating factor is to profit off the difference of costs between a real fake program over a fake space program. Logically it would cost a lot less to run a fake space program.

As far as paying everyone to "keep their mouth shut," that is not needed. They just need to trick those people into believing that they are building space simulators and museum props. The core operations can be largely ignorant. For example, during the Apollo Missions on the $8 Billion Lunar Lander project NASA could have simply told their Grumman contractors that they were building prop models of the Lunar Lander for display at museums. The NASA manager just had to say "oh you're on the B-Team making the models, sorry." Unbeknownst to the contractors, the supposed A-Team making the real deal doesn't exist.

A trip to the junk yard, a stop at the stationary store, and a weekend of binge drinking, and we have a genuine bona-fied Lunar Lander.

I guess...still does not answer my question why this site is still up(but I will let that one go because obviously that one you guys cant answer and it overall disproves your whole belief)

But before Nasa...Russia would have to be the one that starts this conspiracy....since they went to space first? And at the time they went to space they were behind the iron curtain so why would they just go to all the Nations and tell them to start this conspiracy? They simply wouldnt, and it makes no sense to.....

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
Maybe it is one conspiracy, spanning different countries.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »
Maybe it is one conspiracy, spanning different countries.

Countries who hated each other but were close enough to engage in a conspiracy together? Or was the Cold War faked too?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »

Tom, I challenge you or anyone else here to show in detail how NASA pulls this off. Why don't you for example, approach a special effects company and ask them how much it would cost to replicate just one of the many ISS videos that come out daily? I don't think you even have a clue what the real cost is, though you are great at rationalizing it away. How about it, ready to come up with some real evidence or just more blather?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:58 PM »
I guess...still does not answer my question why this site is still up(but I will let that one go because obviously that one you guys cant answer and it overall disproves your whole belief)

But before Nasa...Russia would have to be the one that starts this conspiracy....since they went to space first? And at the time they went to space they were behind the iron curtain so why would they just go to all the Nations and tell them to start this conspiracy? They simply wouldnt, and it makes no sense to.....

What makes you think it's all the same conspiracy?

China claims to have gone to space, but the quality of their space program is very low.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Fake Chinese Space Walk
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Fake Chinese Space Walk II
Analysis Article on Epoch Times

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
You cant fake going to space anymore...with so many satellites other countries can see and monitor all your space launches. That is how we keep tabs on the North Korea test nukes....

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
Lame? If the earth does turn out to be flat, I wouldn't classify that as lame. Fascinating, maybe, but not lame.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
Lame? If the earth does turn out to be flat, I wouldn't classify that as lame. Fascinating, maybe, but not lame.
Your post is Lame..no input at all...you just wanted to make some noise apparently

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
There is no conspiracy at all, unless you are Tom Bishop or Sceptimatic....Who I suspect are the same person playing Dumb and Dumber roles on here....

No on really believes in a FE, its jsut a good way to argue absurd science tirvia

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 05:23:54 AM »
No one really believes in a FE, it's just a good way to argue absurd science trivia

That, and it hopefully teaches others a bit about science, and how to think critically.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Homesick Martian

• Hardcore Zetetic Terrorist
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 05:52:06 AM »
The real FES was destroyed a long time ago. The government even put their headquarters on fire, and all the proofs they had assembled are now lost. This site is obviously run by the Conspiracy. Open your eyes, you morons!

?

Thork

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 06:01:17 AM »
Mr Martian, I'm going to give you a low-content warning for that. NOT IN THE UPPER FORA! >o<

?

Homesick Martian

• Hardcore Zetetic Terrorist
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:41 AM »
Stop intimidating me and proove me wrong! What do you have to hide?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 07:01:06 AM »
Mr Martian, I'm going to give you a low-content warning for that. NOT IN THE UPPER FORA! >o<

The original material was burned in a fire.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 09:03:02 AM »
There is no conspiracy at all, unless you are Tom Bishop or Sceptimatic....Who I suspect are the same person playing Dumb and Dumber roles on here....

No on really believes in a FE, its jsut a good way to argue absurd science tirvia

Right on point...that is what I figured...that this place is for people who REALLY love to debate. Doubt any of them actually believe it.

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 12:09:28 PM »
You cant fake going to space anymore...with so many satellites other countries can see and monitor all your space launches. That is how we keep tabs on the North Korea test nukes....

Can't fake going to space? Why, because you said so?

And hundreds of billions of dollars to cover up the flat earth? Where do you get that number from? It covers up itself for free, because nobody believes it. Just look at yourself. Did you get paid to post here? No? What exactly is costing a hundred billion dollars again, or are you just guessing and posting nonsense to "make some noise?"

Another condescending round earther on a flat earth forum? How interesting  ::)

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »

Can't fake going to space? Why, because you said so?

And hundreds of billions of dollars to cover up the flat earth? Where do you get that number from? It covers up itself for free, because nobody believes it. Just look at yourself. Did you get paid to post here? No? What exactly is costing a hundred billion dollars again, or are you just guessing and posting nonsense to "make some noise?"

Another condescending round earther on a flat earth forum? How interesting  ::)
Wow you really do suck at this.

Well I explained how you cant fake going to space, like I said its how we monitor all the test Nukes N.Korea sends up(how do we know their doing it...were not physically there).

On top of that you can go and watch space launches. Open to the public..all of them are. You see the rocket leaving our atmosphere(or are we seeing super crazy illusions ;D ;D ;D)

And Billions is easy. Do you know the movie Avatar? I am sure you do, it was the best special FX movie made up to date. That movie alone cost 280-310 million dollars to make...and that is just a 3 hour movie. Were talking about constant illusions and special effects all over the earth all the time...not just 3 hours. Also re-making maps, re-routing GPS(do you know how many planes are in the air at any given minute?). That stuff EASILY adds up. Like I said a movie with some "cool" effects was more than a quarter billion....

?

jason_85

• 4D n-sphere earth believer
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »
Agreed. Rip Riley sucks at trolling. Anywho I created a post a few weeks ago asking people whether or not they actually believed the earth was flat, and judging by the responses I'm relatively convinced that there really are some people who actually believe this stuff (here's the post: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,58158.msg1475343.html#msg1475343). It's definitely a minority though, and probably most/all of those are completely insane.
Jason, you are my least favorite noob.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »
Wouldn't be cheaper to research space travel and invest in space programs to make real rockets instead of covering up in a conspiracy that billions of dollars a year

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »

An ad hominem attack in your first sentence, you're off to a great start here! I see no reason to read further.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »

An ad hominem attack in your first sentence, you're off to a great start here! I see no reason to read further.
Thats a nice way to say "you know what, you're right, I suck"

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:13 AM »
Flat earth belief can only continue to exist if everyone else in this world is part of the conspiracy.
I think, therefore I am