Flat Earth Theory Wiki

• 7 Replies

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
Flat Earth Theory Wiki
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:02:13 AM »
Anybody who wants to have a go at trying to explain how everything works in the world if the world actually was flat please head over to The Flat Earth Theory Wiki.

The way I see it broadly working is having two basic types of articles: phenomena and hypotheses. Phenomena are things that need explaining (such as seasons, sunsets, etc.) and hypotheses are the solutions. I think it'll work better to have the hypotheses as seperate articles rather than explaining them in the actual phenomenom article as that way various hypotheses can be given for a phenomenom.

I was going to get it up and running a bit better but I can't be assed.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Flat Earth Theory Wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:04:15 AM »
Me and Username are already beginning work on something like this, but it's not a Wiki.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
What is it?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »
An encyclopedia which isn't freely editable by passers by. The Ice Wall scholar's thread was me gathering information and opinion for one of the articles I'm currently working on.

The site will also eventually serve as a repository for mission reports and opinion articles from members of affiliated Flat Earth groups.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:27 PM »
Cool, can't wait. I want to be cited in the article for my awesome contributions to the scholar's interpretations thread, but if you don't thats ok too.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
I plan to split up my paper into smaller articles and hopefully have at least a few ready for publishing when it goes live.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
Great, I go to all of that of filling out a form on the internets and nobody cares.

What a waste of three minutes.  :-\

Oh well, back to making pictures.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »
I'm sure when the articles are posted you may be given permission to quote from them.
I'm also sure that having a non-editable version would be better for it's health if we are to reference it constantly.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."