Sun set twice

• 51 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Sun set twice
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:40:08 AM »
On a flat earth model, it shouldn't matter how high you are up. The sun would set at the same time.

So why is it the Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai, If I see the sun set on the ground floor, I can then go to the top floor and see the sun set AGAIN. This is so serious in Dubai, that it affects Ramadan for those on the top of when they are allowed to eat. This fits well with the round earth model. Because if the earth was flat, regardless of how high up I am, the sun should disappear from view at the same time.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Sun set twice
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:59:36 AM »
If you were on a globe and you done exactly what you say, ensuring you looked out perfectly horizontally, you would not see another sunset.
The mere fact that you do actually 100% proves that the Earth is not a globe.

How, I hear you ask?

Get a telescope and set it perfectly horizontally level on the ground at the bottom of your big tower.
Get another telescope and set it perfectly horizontally level at the top.

Ok, are you ready for this?
For your global sunset to work for you, your Earth has to be rotating away from your sun....right?
It means that as your sun goes down from the position of your telescope on the ground, it means your global Earth has moved back over on a slight rotation to make that sun disappear.

Now go to the top of the tower and look through your telescope.
You see the sun.....BUT......what is wrong?
You see, if your telescope is set perfectly horizontally, then you should not be looking at any horizon line...in fact, you should be looking at sky...BECAUSE.... your tower has added to the angle away from your horizon on your globe....BUT....you can still see the sun setting again....so what can be the reason for this?
The reason is blatantly simple.
You are looking over a flat (ish) Earth and certainly not over a globe.

You should be in no doubt about this if you're prepared to use your own brain without peer pressure from mass based indoctrination.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:24:58 AM »
If you were on a globe and you done exactly what you say, ensuring you looked out perfectly horizontally, you would not see another sunset.

Who, apart from you, said anything about "ensuring you looked out perfectly horizontally".
Even from a height of 1000 feet, the sunset on the Globe is only 0.56° below eyelevel.

From an altitude of 45,000 ft, however, you do have to look down quite a bit to see a sunrise, as in this video.

Ocean Sunrise at 45,000 ft provides more evidence of Horizon drop. Wolfie6020
All the evidence is on that video to show exactly when the sun would be expected to rise at sea-level in that location.

From an altitude of 45,000 feet the sun can be seen on the horizon, when in a boat at sea-level it would be about 4.6° below the horizon.
See from about 0:50 secs in the video.

?

Kami

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 03:33:51 AM »

How, I hear you ask?

Get a telescope and set it perfectly horizontally level on the ground at the bottom of your big tower.

For your global sunset to work for you, your Earth has to be rotating away from your sun....right?
It means that as your sun goes down from the position of your telescope on the ground, it means your global Earth has moved back over on a slight rotation to make that sun disappear.

You see, if your telescope is set perfectly horizontally, then you should not be looking at any horizon line...in fact, you should be looking at sky...BECAUSE.... your tower has added to the angle away from your horizon on your globe....BUT....you can still see the sun setting again....so what can be the reason for this?

You should be in no doubt about this if you're prepared to use your own brain without peer pressure from mass based indoctrination.

You have actually done this, right? This is not just you assuming it would be this way, right?

A little math here:

The sun is approx 150 000 000 km away from us. For simplicity let us assume that burj kalifa is 1km high. Also let us assume that the sun is setting right now, i.e. the burj kalifa and the direction ground - sun make a right angle (I hope it is clear what I mean, else I can do a sketch)

By moving up 1km, the sun now moves down by an angle of arcsin(1/150 000 000)=0.00000038°, which is basically nothing.

Assuming you are 10m above ground, the horizon angles 90°-arcsin(6371/(6371+0.01))=0.102° down, while on the burj khalifa it is 90°-arcsin(6371/6372)=1,02°. (Assuming earth radius of 6371km)
This difference is about twice as big as the angular size of the sun (0.5°), so it is possible to observe a second sunset.

EDIT: Note that the real value will be a little bit lower as the Burj Khalifa is only about 800m high. I am too lazy right now to calculate those values but they should be fairly close.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:36:52 AM by Kami »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:58:01 AM »
Save your typing and engage your brains for your own realism, instead of parroting bullshit after bullshit from your little so called science books.

Your globe would be moving away from your sun by rotation. It means that you, the viewer who is stood vertically upright will also be moving away.
It means that,  judging by your very own rotating globe, you would have to be falling backwards with your eye line rising.

Let me make this simple.
It's like being stood upright and people allow you to slowly fall backwards so that your eyes change from horizontally fixed to angled towards the sky/ceiling as you are lowered.

Want it easier?
Have someone in a room stand there with a flashlight (torch) whilst you are stood on top of a ball.
Now someone pushes the ball away from the torch light and the you, the person on that ball, falls backwards so that your eye line totally misses the torch light as you fall back over.

Now we all know that this does not happen.
We do know that it is possible to see a sunset twice by changing height.
This is a massive proof that the Earth is absolutely not a globe, spinning or otherwise that we live on.

It proves that the Earth is stationary and the sun that we see, is moving away from us and is being obscured by atmosphere.
We can be certain that if we take a higher vantage point ( in a tower, for instance) we can see the so called setting sun again but in realistic terms all we do see is further due to the  change in our vision through the atmosphere that is less dense the higher you ascend.

Just remember that your globe curvature is 8 inches (approx) per mile squared.
Even stood looking at your sun on your horizon that is supposedly setting, your Earth is moving away from that sun at over 1000 mph as we are told.
It meals that in 1 hour of you viewing that sun, you have moved back over by 1000 miles.
Let's break it down a little.

It means that you are moving away from that sun, over a curve, backwards, 83 miles (approx) in just 5 minutes.
Now think about how far you would be titled away from your sun in just 5 minutes as you were looking straight ahead?

Your globe is absolutely impossible. It is utterly pathetic. It's a nonsense and you people need to understand this, if you are honest.

?

Kami

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 04:05:20 AM »
Save your typing and engage your brains for your own realism, instead of parroting bullshit after bullshit from your little so called science books.
I did not parrot anything. This is just some back-of-the-napkin calculation disproving your point. Like always you do not understand it and resort to babbeling BS.

If you do not want to accept basic trigonometry, let us debate that in a seperate thread. Else find the error in my calculations.

The thing is that our eyes are not fixed to a certain point. When we go higher up the horizon sinks, while the sun does not. It is as simple as that. This is why it takes longer for the sun to vanish behind the horizon, i.e. the sunset at higher places happens later.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:09:27 AM »
I did not parrot anything. This is just some back-of-the-napkin calculation disproving your point. Like always you do not understand it and resort to babbeling BS.

If you do not want to accept basic trigonometry, let us debate that in a seperate thread. Else find the error in my calculations.

The thing is that our eyes are not fixed to a certain point. When we go higher up the horizon sinks, while the sun does not. It is as simple as that. This is why it takes longer for the sun to vanish behind the horizon, i.e. the sunset at higher places happens later.
Your eyes may not be fixed to a certain point but a telescope can be and is why I set them both horizontally level.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 04:13:06 AM »
When I get back I'm going to draw a little diagram of how and why your globe and sun, is garbage and why flat (ish) Earth conquers it 100% hands down.

?

Kami

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 04:15:13 AM »

Your eyes may not be fixed to a certain point but a telescope can be and is why I set them both horizontally level.
If you had actually done this (which I doubt you have) you would notice that the telescopes would both point towards the sun (it does not change its position noticeably when you go upwards, see the calculations), but the lower telescope would also point towards the horizon, whereas the lower telescope would point above it.

When I get back I'm going to draw a little diagram of how and why your globe and sun, is garbage and why flat (ish) Earth conquers it 100% hands down.
Looking forward to that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:50 AM »

If you had actually done this (which I doubt you have) you would notice that the telescopes would both point towards the sun (it does not change its position noticeably when you go upwards, see the calculations), but the lower telescope would also point towards the horizon, whereas the lower telescope would point above it.

Stop panicking.

Your sun obviously does change to your and other thoughts because you wouldn't be harping on about running up towers to watch a second sunset.
To watch a second sun set would surely mean your sun changes dramatically from one point to another, in your thought process and even vision from your erroneous global point of view.

Both telescopes tell a remarkable story for those who have a brain to think with, logically and without mass peer pressure bias.

?

Kami

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 04:27:48 AM »

Stop panicking.

Your sun obviously does change to your and other thoughts because you wouldn't be harping on about running up towers to watch a second sunset.
To watch a second sun set would surely mean your sun changes dramatically from one point to another, in your thought process and even vision from your erroneous global point of view.

Both telescopes tell a remarkable story for those who have a brain to think with, logically and without mass peer pressure bias.

Okay, for the third time, now slowly. When you move up the following happens:

The sun does not change position.
The horizon gets lower.
The sun thus vanishes behind the horizon at a later time.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »
What I'd really like to see is how you even have sunsets on a flat earth.  Keep it simple: how does the sun drop behind the horizon on one part of the planet, and be directly overhead on another?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »

Stop panicking.

The horizon gets lower.
Stop panicking, you'll be fine. I'm not particularly bothered about you. I'm interested in the honest people. Calm down.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 09:00:01 AM »
What I'd really like to see is how you even have sunsets on a flat earth.  Keep it simple: how does the sun drop behind the horizon on one part of the planet, and be directly overhead on another?
You've been told about this on a few occasions and you dismiss them, so why come back for some more?
Just stick to your little dozen word digs from time to time and try and learn something along the way.

?

Kami

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »

Stop panicking.

The horizon gets lower.
Stop panicking, you'll be fine. I'm not particularly bothered about you. I'm interested in the honest people. Calm down.
Not panicking, just getting frustrated. You seem to be either incapable or unwilling to understand my point.

Do you understand that when you move up, according to RE, the sun does not move and the horizon gets lower?

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »

How, I hear you ask?

Sunset is when the sun goes below the horizon, not when it drops below horizontal (I know, the etymology of "horizontal" makes that sound funny.)

The second sunset will be below a horizontal plane but above the horizon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:46:25 AM by itsatorus »

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 09:45:23 AM »
You've been told about this on a few occasions and you dismiss them
Actually no, you've said how this works on your magic dome.  You promised a diagram.  You promised a model.  You never deliver, as you're all mouth and no trousers.

Just stick to your little dozen word digs from time to time and try and learn something along the way.
Hey, if you want to have a debate, then bring it on.  However you have to cut out all the constant childish rant stuff - which you've already brought to this thread, and we are only a few posts in.

use your own brain without peer pressure from mass based indoctrination.

It is utterly pathetic. It's a nonsense and you people need to understand this, if you are honest.

for those who have a brain to think with,

Seriously, stop calling people pathetic, indoctrinated, dishonest bullshitters and just argue your point.  Aside from anything else it just gets really boring.  If all you can do is constantly rubbish your opponent, it says little for your own argument.

Now, take me through it in simple terms: how does the sun set below the horizon on a flat earth?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:35 AM »

Not panicking, just getting frustrated. You seem to be either incapable or unwilling to understand my point.

Do you understand that when you move up, according to RE, the sun does not move and the horizon gets lower?

The indoctrination is so severe with you people.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »
You've been told about this on a few occasions and you dismiss them
Actually no, you've said how this works on your magic dome.  You promised a diagram.  You promised a model.  You never deliver, as you're all mouth and no trousers.

Hey, if you want to have a debate, then bring it on.  However you have to cut out all the constant childish rant stuff - which you've already brought to this thread, and we are only a few posts in.

use your own brain without peer pressure from mass based indoctrination.

It is utterly pathetic. It's a nonsense and you people need to understand this, if you are honest.

for those who have a brain to think with,

Seriously, stop calling people pathetic, indoctrinated, dishonest bullshitters and just argue your point.  Aside from anything else it just gets really boring.  If all you can do is constantly rubbish your opponent, it says little for your own argument.

Now, take me through it in simple terms: how does the sun set below the horizon on a flat earth?
People like you will get back all that you deserve.

?

Kami

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »

Seriously? I proved my point to you with some basic trigonometry and you can not even get a counter-argument? You are pathetic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »

Seriously? I proved my point to you with some basic trigonometry and you can not even get a counter-argument? You are pathetic.
You've proved nothing. I've just shown you that your globe with its rotation is a piece of crap.

You simply refuse to look at logic and prefer to go into silly mode.
Don't bother with me using your clap trap because people like you are 10 a penny for firing off naivety and/or bull crap.

?

Kami

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »

You've proved nothing. I've just shown you that your globe with its rotation is a piece of crap.

Don't bother with me using your clap trap because people like you are 10 a penny for firing off naivety and/or bull crap.
You could of course just show me where I am wrong. But I guess you can not do it.

I claim (in RE):

When you move up:
The horizon gets lower.

Do you want to debate that?

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 10:49:16 AM »
Cool vid:

Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 11:13:56 AM »
You people are proving a flat (ish) Earth and not the globe you think you're promoting with this sun set stuff.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »
You people are proving a flat (ish) Earth and not the globe you think you're promoting with this sun set stuff.

Round Earth predicts that the horizon is arccos(R/(R+h)) below horizontal, or about theta ~= sqrt(2h/R) when h is small relative to R. For a height of 1,000 feet, this predicts a later sunset by a little more than 2 minutes at the equator, more as you get closer to the poles. Can you find a problem with this math?

?

Kami

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »

Round Earth predicts that the horizon is arccos(R/(R+h)) below horizontal, or about theta ~= sqrt(2h/R) when h is small relative to R. For a height of 1,000 feet, this predicts a later sunset by a little more than 2 minutes at the equator, more as you get closer to the poles. Can you find a problem with this math?
He can not, that is why he is spouting bullshit.

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »
Speaking of parroting pathetic silly nonsense, how bout you explain your carbon arc center of the earth sun, shining through a giant rotating prism there Scepti, and how a proper sunrise and sunset really work!

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »
Scepti, you at least used to be entertaining and have a sense of humour about this shit.  Now you just sound bitter and hollow.  If you are going to insult people, at least try to make it witty.  You sound like a stuck record, constantly banging on about people being "indoctrinated" or "pathetic".  Get a grip.

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 12:33:30 PM »

Actually what Kami is saying is simple as can be. The farther you move up, the lower horizon gets from your view. The Sun stays in the same position though, yet will set a little later as you move up.

Are you saying that the Sun gets smaller and smaller during sunset, as it fades off into the distance? Never have seen that happen in 53 years.