Atheism

• 472 Replies

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Re: Atheism
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
I do know, however, that precursors to amino acids have been created in environments replicating abiogenesis.

"Precursors to amino acids?" What is that supposed to be? Amino acids form very easily under various conditions. They can even be detected in interstellar clouds.

There are multiple models how life could have developed and it is a fascinating field of science. But as I understand we are not even close to comprehend the origin of life. I'm not sure if I can expect that a self-reduplicating organism will be produced artificially during my life-time.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Why the hell would we have to prove that it is possible to create a microbe in a lab? You, creationists, are ones claiming that it is possible to create microbes, not us, idiots.

Though I think we should let people believe whatever religion they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
A former Flat Earther.
This is my story, which I'd encourage every Flat Earther to read:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67051.0

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2016, 01:12:26 PM »
You, creationists, are ones claiming that it is possible to create microbes, not us, idiots.

You're not refering to me here, are you?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »
I think we should let people believe whatever religion they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

That's very generous of you!

Thus, I will only agree to let you believe in your Religion of Evolution as long as you drop the eugenics & genocide...

Because they hurt a LOT of people.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
I am not currently genociding anyone.

I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THE PLASMA  >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2016, 03:46:30 PM »
I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THE PLASMA  >:(

Generally speaking, by the time a gas is hot enough to be seen, it’s a plasma.

So all you have to do is to light a match.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
Oh, I could use one of these candles. I will start burning the periodic table and let you know when a new microbe appears.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »
Scientists have created a lifeform using the least number of genes they possibly could.  Scientists Create Artificial Lifeform

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2016, 08:35:35 PM »
That's very generous of you!Thus, I will only agree to let you believe in your Religion of Evolution as long as you drop the eugenics & genocide...Because they hurt a LOT of people.
Aren't you one of those who justify cruelty to animals with their religion?
A former Flat Earther.

« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:56 PM »
Dude! Animals ARE NOT PEOPLE, fucktard! They don't have the same rights as people. Get that through your fat fucking head. And as for your argument about government on the other page, anyone who believes in anarchy just confirms their fucktardedness.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »
I do know, however, that precursors to amino acids have been created in environments replicating abiogenesis.

So we can make chemicals in laboratories; big whoopee!

Bit of a Giant leap from there to a living microbe though...

Did I say otherwise?

There is a website named talkorigins.org that details many and varied data sets that support evolution.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, wow!

There's a website called tolkienforums.com that contains many and varied data sets that support Middle Earth too...

Don't mean it ain't all fictional bullshit though.

Supporting my belief that you are incapable of mounting an argument against the evidence.  Good talk.

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2016, 09:40:35 PM »
Dude! Animals ARE NOT PEOPLE, fucktard! They don't have the same rights as people. Get that through your fat fucking head.
Since a person is defined as a self-conscious or rational being, little children also aren't people, yet it's wrong to be cruel to them. But since you also advocate genital mutilation...
And as for your argument about government on the other page, anyone who believes in anarchy just confirms their fucktardedness.
I was advocating libertarianism, not anarchism, you liar!

Funny that you don't even try to deny that you advocated a reincarnation of animal sacrifices.
And you also said that everyone should start drinking alcohol.
You are dangerous!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:37:37 PM by FlatEarthDenial »
A former Flat Earther.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2016, 10:45:44 PM »
Scientists have created a lifeform using the least number of genes they possibly could.  Scientists Create Artificial Lifeform
For starters: Daily Mail? LOL!!!

For seconds: They haven't 'created' anything at all. They took a pre-existing cell & removed as much as they could without it dying.

So the headline should be: 'Scientists almost destroy natural life-form but don't quite succeed, so what?'.

Which takes us back to: Daily Mail? LOL!!!

you are incapable of mounting an argument against the evidence.
Can't mount an argument against something you didn't present, retard.

As ever with you lot, we're down to the 'pretending shit' stage...

Bet you're a big Lord of the Rings fan, ain't you?

Now; about that Eugenics & Genocide...

Worked out that's what your insane Atheistic religion of Evolution leads humanity into yet?

You should have, because it's already happened at least twice in the past century...

But as you already believe you're just Animals, how can you be expected to think or behave like Men?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:54 PM »
Oh & I just noticed this:

You, creationists, are ones claiming that it is possible to create microbes, not us, idiots.

What is the Religion of Evolution if not an attempt to explain the oxymoronic concept of Creation without a Creator?

It is still Creation, just through an implausible, illogical, unobservable, unrepeatable, unscientifically-verifiable process.

But yeah, as long as you Athe-autists have a label for everything, given you by the Scientard father figures you don't even realise are in fact the Priests & Deities of your brain-damaged Religion of Evolution, then you never have to actually Think about anything at all...

Just like the Dumb Animals you've been brainwashed into believing you are.

You are Perfect Slaves, inasmuch as you do not realise you are Slaves, & will even fight to the death for your right to be Enslaved or enforce your Slavery on others.

Which is worth a good old Legba LOL!!! for sure!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:16 PM »
For starters: Daily Mail? LOL!!!

For seconds: They haven't 'created' anything at all. They took a pre-existing cell & removed as much as they could without it dying.

So the headline should be: 'Scientists almost destroy natural life-form but don't quite succeed, so what?'.

Which takes us back to: Daily Mail? LOL!!!

Perhaps you would rather trust Bloomberg?  How about Quanta MagazineWashington Post?

Here is an exert from the Quanta Magazine article.

Rather than editing DNA in a living organism, as most researchers did, they wanted to exert greater control — to plan their genome on a computer and then synthesize the DNA in test tubes.

So, no, they were not modifying existing DNA, they made it from scratch. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:56 AM »

And did this DNA then start to self-replicate on its own?

No.

Did they have to put it in an already-existing microbe for it to do so?

Yes.

Thus, my point still stands.

And to prove it, here are the final words from the Quanta article, which you somehow overlooked:

'If we are ever to understand even the simplest living organism, we have to be able to design & synthesise one from scratch. We are still far from this goal'.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2016, 01:06:21 AM »

And did this DNA then start to self-replicate on its own?

No.

Did they have to put it in an already-existing microbe for it to do so?

Yes.

Thus, my point still stands.

And to prove it, here are the final words from the Quanta article, which you somehow overlooked:

'If we are ever to understand even the simplest living organism, we have to be able to design & synthesise one from scratch. We are still far from this goal'.

It is true that they started with a host cell.  Essentially, it is really no different than the modus operandi of a virus, and viruses are considered to be life.  However, there is one main difference between the synthetic lifeforms and a viruses; the virus needs more living host cells in order to procreate but the man made lifeform can self replicate without being a parasite.  In that respect, I would say that the synthetic lifeform is more of a living creature than a virus is.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2016, 01:38:45 AM »
It is still Creation, just through an implausible, illogical, unobservable, unrepeatable, unscientifically-verifiable process.
Ancient Romans would probably say exactly that if they heard the scientific explanation of a thunder.
A former Flat Earther.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2016, 02:12:07 AM »
the man made lifeform

Snuck that one in there, didn't you?

Ignored this one though:

Don't perform your Athe-autist semantic disinfo-dance at me please; it's boring.

Ancient Romans would probably say exactly that if they heard the scientific explanation of a thunder.

Not if the scientific explanation was based on observable & repeatable facts.

Which the Religion of Evolution is not.

Any more flimsy strawmen you wish to deploy in the absence of scientifically-sound proof & evidence?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2016, 02:55:13 AM »
the man made lifeform

Snuck that one in there, didn't you?

Ignored this one though:

Don't perform your Athe-autist semantic disinfo-dance at me please; it's boring.

I have no idea why you keep quoting a biologist who had nothing to do with any of the research that went into the creation of this synthetic lifeform.  However, since  you are so fond of quotes, I will show you one from the same article, but from the scientist who did actually make the minimalistic lifeform. 

Quote from: Smart Scientist
We could reduce billions of years of evolution to maybe years or months or weeks

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2016, 03:43:26 AM »
the scientist who did actually make the minimalistic alter the already-existent lifeform.

Fixed that for you; naughty boy!

We could reduce billions of years of evolution to maybe years or months or weeks

Get back to me when the 'could reduce' has changed to 'can & have reduced'.

But your semantic sophistry & general chimp-out in defence of your unscientific Religion of Evolution is duly noted.

Enjoy your Worship, and remember not to attempt any Eugenics or Genocide due to impatience at never, ever gaining genuine scientific proof of your Magic Monkey-Pooping Evolu-God.

Thank you please!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »
Do you consider a virus to be a lifeform, Papa Legba?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
Well, nobody seems to be sure of the answer to that, do they?

Which is probably why you are asking it.

But, as viruses can only reproduce by infecting living cells, they can hardly have been around before such cells came into existence, can they?

Anyhoo; has someone Created a virus, from scratch, using only inert elements, plasma, & natural forces such as gravity etc?

You know; thus recreating the conditions under which Life so miraculously sprang according to your Religion of Evolution?

Or are you just reaching for yet another Pot of Strawman Gold?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »
you are incapable of mounting an argument against the evidence.
Can't mount an argument against something you didn't present, retard.

You can't use google?  Wow, well because I feel bad for you..

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Now go ahead and deal with that evidence rather than the challenge you are mounting which says nothing about the validity of the theories of evolution or abiogenesis. 

I don't have to pretend fortunately.

Now; about that Eugenics & Genocide...

Worked out that's what your insane Atheistic religion of Evolution leads humanity into yet?

You should have, because it's already happened at least twice in the past century...

But as you already believe you're just Animals, how can you be expected to think or behave like Men?

Please show that evolutionary biologists are responsible for every instance of eugenics.  You understand that bad people will justify their bad acts with whatever is convenient.  Atheism is not immoral, the perpetrators of the holocaust were.  Atheism is amoral, because it is not an idea that relates to morality at all.  Perhaps you need to look the word up in the dictionary?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »
Well, nobody seems to be sure of the answer to that, do they?

Which is probably why you are asking it.

But, as viruses can only reproduce by infecting living cells, they can hardly have been around before such cells came into existence, can they?

Unless they mutated from something that does not infect living cells in to something that does.  W0w!

Anyhoo; has someone Created a virus, from scratch, using only inert elements, plasma, & natural forces such as gravity etc?

You know; thus recreating the conditions under which Life so miraculously sprang according to your Religion of Evolution?

Or are you just reaching for yet another Pot of Strawman Gold?

Tell me, do we have to create a planet before we can discover what leads to the creation of planets?

« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »
Dude! Animals ARE NOT PEOPLE, fucktard! They don't have the same rights as people. Get that through your fat fucking head.
Since a person is defined as a self-conscious or rational being, little children also aren't people, yet it's wrong to be cruel to them. But since you also advocate genital mutilation...
And as for your argument about government on the other page, anyone who believes in anarchy just confirms their fucktardedness.

Funny that you don't even try to deny that you advocated a reincarnation of animal sacrifices.
You are dangerous!

Children are people, asshole. Animals are not.

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »
And no, asshole. A human is not necessarily rational. A Human is a member of the species Homo sapiens sapiens,, and deserves Human rights regardless of its mental state. A human might be mentally ill, or be an infant, or have Alzheimer's, etc. They still are guaranteed human rights, Shit for Brains. Animals ARE NOT HUMANS.

Oh, and Asshole. One of those human rights is the right to practice religion, one aspect of which is to enter the Covenant through circumcision. It does no harm, so it isn't mutilation, Buttfuck. You don't like it, deal with it. At least we don't rape civilians for entertainment like Croats have been known to do.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »

You are dangerous!

Children are people, asshole. Animals are not.

My dogs are people  >:(

« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
More so than FlatEarthDenial, I suspect. At least I know my dog is.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
Now go ahead and deal with that evidence rather than the challenge you are mounting which says nothing about the validity of the theories of evolution or abiogenesis.

LOL!!!

So you expect ME to go find the evidence you avoid posting, then present it, then refute it?

GTFO.

Also, how does the fact that evolution/abiogenesis has never been empirically observed or repeated by anyone, ever, have nothing to do with the scientific validity of said theory?

Again, GTFO.

I don't have to pretend fortunately.

Oh yeah; I KNOW you're a big fan of Fantasy bullshit.

Please show that evolutionary biologists are responsible for every instance of eugenics.

Please show where I said it was just evolutionary biologists you Liar.

I said it was Atheists & I was correct to do so.

Oh look; a double-shitpost from Rama Set, there's even more...

Unless they mutated from something that does not infect living cells in to something that does.

That's right; just evolute the problem away with teh evolutory magic wand!

Pathetic.

Tell me, do we have to create a planet before we can discover what leads to the creation of planets?

Gone from strawmen to straw-planets now have we?

Ambitious!

The only proof for teh evulooshun you have offered is the evolution of your Lies.

You are mental.