How does the imminent solar flare bode for the flat earth?

• 7 Replies
?

regalrecaller

so how many of you guys have heard of the imminent solar flare?  i heard it in the paper, which quoted NASA and the National Observatory in Colorado Springs.  it was in the middle of the paper, hard to find, and the article was only about 4" by 3 1/2".  it said that the sun has produced a huge solar flare and that it is going to hit earth.  the last solar flare that hit earth was in 1989.  it hit a small amount of the US but hit almost entirely in Canada, mostly in the northwest.  (for those of you who are geography morons, the northwest of Canada is almost entirely forests and wilderness)  it knocked out power in some places, knocked out cell fones everywhere it did hit, and caused a satellite or two to crash.  luckily most satellites were re-routed.  this time it is supposed to be 4x as big.  that means that it will be so big as to hit a quarter of the earth's surface.  notwithstanding you kook's crazy ideas about the earth being flat, that's a big fucking area about to be bombarded with intense radiation.  NASA says it is going to hit earth between the end of 2006 and 2008.  that's right around the corner, guys.  btw, it is also 4x as strong.  which means that it will affect the weather of out entire GLOBE something fierce.  but the hurricanes and tornados and earthquakes and volcanos dont bother me as much as the imminent evolution of the human species which will follow.  evolution will be thrown into the face of every baptist like a stake in the heart.  with all that radiation, your and my children will grow up constantly in the presence of radiation.  it will change everyone.  it will probably kill a very large number of people outright and then in the fallout.  but children will be the best at adapting to their new environment.  and so the children who survive will produce new tainted offspring.  i dont mean to take this too far down the road of science fiction.  i am being as reasonable as i can, but these are the results found by logic.  

so we are going to have this huge natural disaster unlike anything out society and history has ever known.  lets add to that some confusion stemming from the fact that lots of our satellites are down, not to mention that cell phones most likely wont work or will have bad reception from all the radiation floating throughout our atmosphere.  and how many of you havent heard this from your government?  remember the hurricane katrina debacle?  now multiply that by...jesus, a lot.  i hope the people controlling Bush will openly take control of the government to keep that fucking dolt from destroying humanity or some such monstrous mistake.  i've kind of run out of steam, but i have left you all with a lot to think about.  and then talk about.

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »
I read the whole thing and haven't the slightest idea what any of that has to do with flat earth. Could you help me here?

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
A solar flare doesn't come into direct contact with a round Earth due to it's atmosphere. I forget how it manipulates the flare, but it does. Do flat Earth believers believe there's an atmosphere on Earth? That's probably what the original poster is getting at.
y the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
Flat Earthers ought not be worried.   In the FE model, the sun is 30,000 times closer to the Earth than in the RE model.  If there were to be any disaster, it would have happened already.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:30:08 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Flat Earthers ought not be worried.   In the FE model, the sun is 30,000 times closer to the Earth than in the RE model.  If there were to be any disaster, it would have happened already.

so you dont believe the sun will turn into a reddwarf?
 am the center of the universe

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:36:06 PM »
No but it will become a red giant.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:41:59 PM »
wutever thats what i meant
 am the center of the universe

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 10:24:20 AM »
Then it will contract into a white dwarf.
y the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe.