Round things

• 59 Replies
?

guv

Round things
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:30:44 AM »
This should start some debate.Looking south on a flat earth some of this cant happen.

http://sguisard.astrosurf.com/Pagim/From_pole_to_pole.html

?

guv

Re: Round things
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
Lack of bullshit artist flatwits round here. Their silence means I win again.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
Lack of bullshit artist flatwits round here. Their silence means I win again.
I think that you've been hanging around AusGeoff too long.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Are you telling me they don't have a flat earth model for star movement? Wow, I overestimated these guys.
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
They do have a model. It just doesn't make any sense. Guv can you highlight any specific arguments about this stuff. A general link to a bunch of pictures and walls of text will probably have this thread just slowly climb down the page.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
I've tried to get fe answers for this before, best I ever got was T. Bishoop insisting that stars 'diverge' and 'converge', rotating over two poles over a flat earth, a conclusion he apparently came to after seeing a star trail photo. Then he just disappeared from the thread when challenged. I started a thread about this just like a week ago, off the first page now with zero fe responses. I hope this one does better.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:28:11 PM »
This should start some debate.Looking south on a flat earth some of this cant happen.

It certainly can on a mirrored dome.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 04:41:33 PM »

Yeah, billions of lights in the sky, some of which look clearly like spheres through a telescope, are just reflections from a source on the surface of earth that nobody has ever seen. Makes perfect sense.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:43:48 PM by rottingroom »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:49 PM »

Yeah, billions of lights in the sky, some of which look clearly like spheres through a telescope, are just reflections from a source on the surface of earth that nobody has ever seen. Makes perfect sense.
Any reflected light over a short distance will look like a circle to your eye, even if it starts off as triangular.
All you will ever see over distance is circles.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »

Any reflected light over a short distance will look like a circle to your eye, even if it starts off as triangular.

Interesting that you focused on that instead of the part that makes your idea sound retarded.

Those spherical looking objects, BTW, they appear to rotate. They seem to have distinct surfaces with a repeating rotational period.

Care to address the part about light sources that nobody in the world has ever seen?

By the way this rotation mirror as it pertains to this thread would have to have two panes of some sort as the stars seemingly go around two points in the sky, the southern cross and Polaris. Perhaps the sources of light that nobody's ever seen turn in opposite directions depending on the hemisphere? Oh except for those spherical objects, the sources of light that nobody has ever seen just draw epicycles in the sky, because reasons.

Also, stop by balloon rocket thread and answer my questions.

Edit: spelling and reasons. Indicated by ______
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:15:20 PM by rottingroom »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »

HOw short of a distance?  5ft, 10ft?  What do you consider a short distance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »

Interesting that you focused on that instead of the part that makes your idea sound retarded.

Those spherical looking objects, BTW, they appear to rotate. They seem to have distinct surfacre with a repeating rotational period.

Care to address the part about light sources that nobody in the world has ever seen?

By the way this rotation mirror as it pertains to this thread would have to have two panes of some sort as the stars seemingly go around two points in the sky, the southern cross and Polaris. Perhaps the sources of light that nobody's ever seen turn in opposite directions depending on the hemisphere? Oh except for those spherical objects, the sources of light that nobody has ever seen just draw epicycles in the sky.

Can you observe the so called moon rotate?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »

Maybe a bit more.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »

Those spherical looking objects, BTW, they appear to rotate. They seem to have distinct surfacre with a repeating rotational period.

By the way this rotation mirror as it pertains to this thread would have to have two panes of some sort as the stars seemingly go around two points in the sky, the southern cross and Polaris. Perhaps the sources of light that nobody's ever seen turn in opposite directions depending on the hemisphere? Oh except for those spherical objects, the sources of light that nobody has ever seen just draw epicycles in the sky.

No we observe it librating but we do observe all the other spherical looking objects rotating.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libration

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »
So let me list the few things my model explains that your model doesn't:

1. My model has the lights being the source them self. They are explained by themself. Your source is from earth, a place where we are, but we can't see the source because they are spookily invisible.

2. My model explains the fact that the lights rotate around the southern cross and Polaris via a rotating sphere. I've yet to hear how your model explains the fact that there are two points of rotation.

3. My model says that the spherical looking objects that appear to have rotational periods appear that way because that is what they are. Your explanation is that lights look like circles. Cause I just looked at the light across the street and it's rotating. Weeee!

4. My model has the epicycles that the spherical objects appear to make explained by orbiting the sun. You've yet to explain this.

So far you've only said that lights are circular from a distance. Impressive.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:43:30 PM by rottingroom »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

No we observe it librating but we do observe all the other spherical looking objects rotating.

No you don't. You're told they do. You do not observe this.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Maybe a bit more.
then 10ft 6in, 11ft?  What do you consider a bit more?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:58 PM »

1. My model has the lights being the source them self. They are explained by themself. Your source is from earth, a place where we are, but we can't see the source because they are spookily invisible.

2. My model explains the fact that the lights rotate around the southern cross and Polaris via a rotating sphere. I've yet to hear how your model explains the fact that there are two points of rotation.

3. My model says that the spherical looking objects that appear to have rotational periods appear that way because that is what they are. Your explanation is that lights look like circles. Cause I just looked at the light across the street and it's rotating. Weeee!

4. My model has the epicycles that the spherical objects appear to make explained by orbiting the sun. You've yet to explain this.

It takes one source of energy to set off a mirrored reflection and refraction on a dome.
When you look into a mirror, do you see your back or do you see yourself look at youself?
What do you think the so called stars are doing?

Just have a think on it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »

Maybe a bit more.
then 10ft 6in, 11ft?  What do you consider a bit more?
Maybe a bit more.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »

So you think the moon always looks exactly the same in terms of features?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »

It takes one source of energy to set off a mirrored reflection and refraction on a dome.
When you look into a mirror, do you see your back or do you see yourself look at youself?
What do you think the so called stars are doing?

Just have a think on it.

Way to not address anything I said other than the point about multiple sources. Even then, what you said was pointless. If the sky is a mirror in the same way that a mirror is a mirror then when the lights are on (like the light in a bathroom aka the sun) then we would see our very own earth in the sky. Answer my other points and amend the point you just made so that it isn't worthless.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »

Nope. I said it doesn't rotate. That doesn't mean it won't change features as it move over the circle of Earth.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »

Nope. I said it doesn't rotate. That doesn't mean it won't change features as it move over the circle of Earth.

So you agree the moon has distinct features? How does this fit in with your hypothesis that it is merely just another reflection among many other reflections?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »
Way to not address anything I said other than the point about multiple sources. Even then, what you said was pointless. If the sky is a mirror in the same way that a mirror is a mirror then when the lights are on (like the light in a bathroom aka the sun) then we would see our very own earth in the sky. Answer my other points and amend the point you just made so that it isn't worthless.
You are not looking in to a flat mirror and you're also looking  at light from distance. Your eyes are simply not good enough to see Earth, because all you can see is the points of light from the source and the reflections from those that mirror themselves.
What you see is dependent on where you are on the circle.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »

So you agree the moon has distinct features? How does this fit in with your hypothesis that it is merely just another reflection among many other reflections?
The moon is a reflection of the sun over the dome. You see the sun as the intial source of blinding light and it's reflection over the dome distance, you see as a less strength light.
It's light a mirrored image of lights that all look circular.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
You are not looking in to a flat mirror and you're also looking  at light from distance. Your eyes are simply not good enough to see Earth, because all you can see is the points of light from the source and the reflections from those that mirror themselves.

I was at chuckee cheese and looked at a wacky mirror. While my reflection was wacky, I could still tell it was me. I tried various wacky mirrors and while they were all variously wacky, it was still clearly myself.

I need to remind that I asked you to answer other questions. I will type them again if you can't find your scroll wheel.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »

The moon is a reflection of the sun over the dome. You see the sun as the intial source of blinding light and it's reflection over the dome distance, you see as a less strength light.

You mean they look spherical right. Do you need help recognizing sphere's? Tell me what part about it confuses you.

By the way, the moon and the sun were both out at the same time recently. Quite a site.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »

I was at chuckee cheese and looked at a wacky mirror. While my reflection was wacky, I could still tell it was me. I tried various wacky mirrors and while they were all variously wacky, it was still clearly myself.

I need to remind that I asked you to answer other questions. I will type them again if you can't find your scroll wheel.
In your mirror you found that whilst you were looking north, your reflection is looking south.
Think about that with the stars on the dome.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »

In your mirror you found that whilst you were looking north, your reflection is looking south.
Think about that with the stars on the dome.

Oh so the southern constellations are the same as the northern ones? Delightful. How did old world travelers know which way was east and which way was west?

I didn't forget about my other questions. Don't be lazy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »

You mean they look spherical right. Do you need help recognizing sphere's? Tell me what part about it confuses you.

By the way, the moon and the sun were both out at the same time recently. Quite a site.
No, I mean circular.
And the sun and the moon being out just further proves that reflection and refraction play a major part in the dome.
At times you will see many reflections. Sometimes some of these are referred to as sundogs.