AI chatbots...

• 135 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: AI chatbots...
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »
I'm only going to say this one more time. No one has ever claimed they would make bots specifically for this site.
Well, you have claimed, that, or haven't you?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2018, 05:52:40 AM »
This forum is quite literally as fringe as it gets, I'm on ircs with a bigger active userbase. Forums like this would make a good place to test these bots.
Forums like this would be a terrible place to test bots. It's not a place where normal discussion takes place, they don't learn anything except how to yell at each other. You'd want to test bots in a situation they'd actually be used in. This forum's pretty atypical.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2018, 06:06:44 AM »
Youre wrong Jane. We've had AIs that can beat humans in nearly any game where the rules and method of victory is clearly defined for ages now.

Where our AI fails is when the rules and method of victory in a game isn't clearly defined. In those situations, such as this forum these AI have been all but useless.

This is one of the biggest obstacles to a working AI, not an artificial consciousness but a true artificial intelligence that can adapt and change to it's environment.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
Youre wrong Jane. We've had AIs that can beat humans in nearly any game where the rules and method of victory is clearly defined for ages now.

Where our AI fails is when the rules and method of victory in a game isn't clearly defined. In those situations, such as this forum these AI have been all but useless.

This is one of the biggest obstacles to a working AI, not an artificial consciousness but a true artificial intelligence that can adapt and change to it's environment.
Which is exactly my point. So they should be starting with more typical forums rather than jumping in at the deep end and developing a bot that can only simulate fringe shouting matches.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
Just face it: If you had a bot that could randomly mix an insult out of 100 words or so, it would go totally unnoticed in this forum. It probably would even get accepted and liked by lots of members here.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
Just face it: If you had a bot that could randomly mix an insult out of 100 words or so, it would go totally unnoticed in this forum. It probably would even get accepted and liked by lots of members here.

Correct.
I'm anti-judaism.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:33 PM »

Correct.
You realise how that undercuts your entire point, don't you?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2018, 02:35:59 PM »
Not at all, you don't want to put these bots in forums with a larger userbase and rules that are enforced because they would be noticed by normies.

If for example the Heiwabot is correctly called a bot here then we just have the majority of this website say it's a crazy conspiracy theory.

Only the Russians have bots.
I'm anti-judaism.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
Not at all, you don't want to put these bots in forums with a larger userbase and rules that are enforced because they would be noticed by normies.

If for example the Heiwabot is correctly called a bot here then we just have the majority of this website say it's a crazy conspiracy theory.

Only the Russians have bots.
That's exactly what you want to do, and that's why AIs (well, proto-AIs) get trained. That's exactly why you don't dump them in a minor fringe forum that just devolves into shouting matches because they don't learn anything useful. They just learn to behave like the people they see; the insulters, the mockers, all of that, users that are completely useless and would be banned within a day from other forums. So, all in all pretty pointless.
Someone who wants a forum AI that serves a purpose would find a major forum, plug it in, then tell it to read and not post. Get it to learn from an active forum and all the countless people that post there. Then make your own private forum, send it there, see how it does and run a few tests.

This forum is not significant enough for anyone to want to target with bots, and atypical enough that there is no point in sending them here.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
I think there is a lot to be learned from the dynamic of this website. I'm still learning.
I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2018, 03:08:05 PM »
I think there is a lot to be learned from the dynamic of this website. I'm still learning.
So you are a bot.
Q.e.d.

Member of the BOTD

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »

Learning?  . . . . . or updating?   ;)

Zaphod

« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2018, 04:53:12 AM »

And now for some music from our sponsors

Bloody hell, Rayzor and I recently did Hitch Hikers Guide, and now you’ve posted a Stranglers tune. I’m coming over all emotional!!!!

Black and White from ‘78 is a cracking album from the greatest band ever!

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2018, 12:22:17 PM »
Beep boop Beep
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
This forum is quite literally as fringe as it gets, I'm on ircs with a bigger active userbase. Forums like this would make a good place to test these bots.
Why would they bother if there are literally thousands of people that are happy to talk to a bot and try to test it/find out if it's a bot? Seems like wasted effort to create a bot for this site tbh.
This is exactly what a bot would say.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2018, 04:30:48 AM »
This is exactly what a bot would say.
That is the same thing, with only one word changed, that you always say - to me that proves that you must be a chatbot with an AI even below Eliza's limited capability.

Case proven, so hop it, hoppy!