Meteors

• 39 Replies

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Meteors
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
So, I've been told that meteors are explained by the pieces of the ice dome falling off. At this point, why is there not a hole, and another question, what's the iron(Usually) things found in the craters? Also, how does it survive the air friction? The melting point of hydrogen and oxygen, which are the supposed materials of the Ice Dome, is -361.8°F (-218.8°C) and -434.5°F (-259.2°C), respectively. Another thing, how does it dislodge itself, and how do we see it on fire?

Another question I'm not getting answered, I assume.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: Meteors
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
These things seem to happen on these forums.A few of us are waiting for answers to a few other questions.

Sceptimatic should have the answers.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:02:25 PM »
Like, for example, my map. Only got the UN map, which is a(flawed, at best) map. For Round Earth. Will my thread be buried without an answer? Probably. And I won't move it to Q&A. I pose my arguments in the form of a question. It gets the largest amount of answers. At least, in places that are not here.

Also, by the way. " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Something I found. Nice speech, Obama.(Not sarcastic)
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »
So, I've been told that meteors are explained by the pieces of the ice dome falling off. At this point, why is there not a hole
Just remember that this is my thoughts. Don't assume that all flat Earth theorists accept this or anyone else. I'm responsible if you feel you need to direct ridicule for it, no one else. Just understand this before we move on.

Ok, so why is there not a hole.
These are good questions and I'm pleased you asked them. Let's see if you can grasp the answers.

The Earth is continually sending up expanded matter, as in hydrogen and heliume, etc. Basically anything that has the energy apllied to expand into the atmosphere. Fair enough?
Ok, so in order for this to happen the elements have to be forced against the dome which is already frozen, so basically more are added against it and build up but build up slightly less frozen depending on energy applied as in the Earth sun  sending them up.
As they build, just like an icicle on a roof, they start to form a mass that is applying more pressure onto the inner dome and being forced off. The dome is always intact.

and another question, what's the iron(Usually) things found in the craters?
You need to prove that they are craters made from space impact to be able to verify anything.

Also, how does it survive the air friction? The melting point of hydrogen and oxygen, which are the supposed materials of the Ice Dome, is -361.8°F (-218.8°C) and -434.5°F (-259.2°C), respectively.
It doesn't survive the air friction. Once the hydrogen ice falls, it falls into it's own sea of hydrogen liquid and sinks and melts kind of thing, except the melting that you see is friction which causes it to glow from your perspective due to the massive difference in pressure up there to down here.
As it gets slowly closer into more dense atmosphere, which is way further up, it is hitting extreme dense matter and is dissipated and eitehr send back up depending on the suns energy being at that point or it forms a cloud eventually as it's taken apart by the friction.
They don't just fall like bullets like they tell you and they are not full of iron and all that clap trap.

Any solid objects will be ejections from the central Earth's sun, like a stray spew of rocks from build up pressure, not dissimilar to a volcano eruption, kind of thing.

Another thing, how does it dislodge itself, and how do we see it on fire?

Another question I'm not getting answered, I assume.
Build up of mass no different to an icicle  hanging from your roof, except for different densities, that's all.
The fire, as I explained,is simply the friction at the front as the icicle pushes through , leaving a friction tail as it ploughs through the atmosphere it is in up there.
If you've ever seen friction welding, think of it like that, except it's just different masses in different pressures of atmosphere.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 09:07:26 AM »
Scepitmatic: you admit, don't you, that your ice dome theory is based on nothing but blind faith and pure speculation, and that you have  no evidence at all for this theory, right?  If you do have evidence that cannot be explained by the standard model (that says there is no ice dome), then please present it.  And if one of the books that you have authored elaborates on this theory, please provide the title so I can read it there.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Scepitmatic: you admit, don't you, that your ice dome theory is based on nothing but blind faith and pure speculation, and that you have  no evidence at all for this theory, right?  If you do have evidence that cannot be explained by the standard model (that says there is no ice dome), then please present it.  And if one of the books that you have authored elaborates on this theory, please provide the title so I can read it there.
I do have evidence. You nor your globalist friends will never accept it.
The physical evidence is there is you understand a vacuum chamber. I don't mean just thinking it has air sucked out. I mean actually knowing what's happening. You deny it all, so my points are wasted on people like you.
As for my books - stop obessing over them. You are relying on some clown merely mentioning books every 5 minutes and taking what he's said as some kind of gospel, when you have no clue what was said.
If you think you do, bring it up or tell the clown to go and find the stuff I said.

I'm giving you people answers, not because I feel you may accept them - but because others might - over time - grasp some of it and ignite their thinking.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »
The physical evidence is there is you understand a vacuum chamber. I don't mean just thinking it has air sucked out. I mean actually knowing what's happening. You deny it all, so my points are wasted on people like you.
As for my books - stop obessing over them. You are relying on some clown merely mentioning books every 5 minutes and taking what he's said as some kind of gospel, when you have no clue what was said.
If you think you do, bring it up or tell the clown to go and find the stuff I said.

I'm giving you people answers, not because I feel you may accept them - but because others might - over time - grasp some of it and ignite their thinking.

Maybe the reason why we don't accept your evidence is because you don't have any evidence that can't be explained by the standard model.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »

Maybe the reason why we don't accept your evidence is because you don't have any evidence that can't be explained by the standard model.
Maybe I'm not interested in whether you or your cronies accept it. You're about as dense as inquisitive in grasping stuff. You remind me of a little man called , starman.  ;) ;D 8)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 10:35:52 AM »

Maybe I'm not interested in whether you or your cronies accept it. You're about as dense as inquisitive in grasping stuff. You remind me of a little man called , starman.  ;) ;D 8)

If you don't care what we think then what are you doing on this forum.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
Just remember that this is my thoughts. Don't assume that all flat Earth theorists accept this or anyone else. I'm responsible if you feel you need to direct ridicule for it, no one else. Just understand this before we move on.

Ok, so why is there not a hole.
These are good questions and I'm pleased you asked them. Let's see if you can grasp the answers.

The Earth is continually sending up expanded matter, as in hydrogen and heliume, etc. Basically anything that has the energy apllied to expand into the atmosphere. Fair enough?
Ok, so in order for this to happen the elements have to be forced against the dome which is already frozen, so basically more are added against it and build up but build up slightly less frozen depending on energy applied as in the Earth sun  sending them up.
As they build, just like an icicle on a roof, they start to form a mass that is applying more pressure onto the inner dome and being forced off. The dome is always intact.
The dome is a perfect mirror, but there's an ever changing later of ice, even forming "icicles"?  How would we get a good reflection through this? 

Why do the icicles break off and fall if there's no air above them for "denpressure" to push them down? 

Also, how are they propelled to the speeds they are through your 'solidly packed' air, while turning and traveling almost horizontal sometimes instead of straight down?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

I'm on this forum to put my thoughts across for anyone to read. I know you want to believe you count but you simply don't. You're just a pimple to me.

The point is, people like you can overrun a forum like this. You can take command if you don't have any defence to get past. Unfortunately for you and your cronies, you come up against the likes of me and a number of other defenders. It's never going to be easy for you to gain the upper hand.

The more you people run in with your little sticks, you will be pushed back by those with the bigger sticks. There maybe only a few aganst the masses of you and your little brigade but it's simple. It's easy.
The few are immune to your tactics and you will be defeated either by dissolving or by gaining some rational brains and seeing through your own lies you all latch onto like wide eyed kids.

That's why I'm here. Why are you here?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
I keep reporting scepti and nothing keeps happening. Its like its own little experiment and so far its proving my hypothesis that nothing will happen to a flat earther. :P
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »
The dome is a perfect mirror, but there's an ever changing later of ice, even forming "icicles"?  How would we get a good reflection through this? 
You won't. It depends on where the sun is shining as to what state the matter is in.
This is why you see the blue sky in the daytime when the sun is shining up and the wavelengths you see or don't see. This is your sea in the sky and this is when your icicles are forming.

When the sun is moved away, it changes into solids again. As the mass builds over time it's forced off just like one on your roof.
Why do the icicles break off and fall if there's no air above them for "denpressure" to push them down? 
Denpressure apllies in any state from gound up. It's still pressure up to the top of the dome inside. It's just mild pressure against mild mass, just as more dense pressure against more dense mass down here.
There's always pressure upon density, however small.
Also, how are they propelled to the speeds they are through your 'solidly packed' air, while turning and traveling almost horizontal sometimes instead of straight down?
It depends on where on the dome they fall and how big they are when they do fall.
Just like on Earth, icicles come in all sizes from tiny to huge. Same up the dome.
Throw an icicle in water and it'll float. So will those up the dome. They just float in a liquid hydrogen/helium, etc environment.

The heavier ones will drop and sink and create friction until they start to become buoyant, then they will simply move  with the flow.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »
I keep reporting scepti and nothing keeps happening. Its like its own little experiment and so far its proving my hypothesis that nothing will happen to a flat earther. :P
Maybe because I'm doing nothing wrong. Just because you don't agree with me does not make me a rule breaker.
I've took so much crap of the likes of you people in droves for long enough and never once pressed a complaint button and yet you lot are trigger happy. Why?

The reason is simple. I'm a pain in your arses and you can't intimidate me by numbers so you appeal to authority in numbers to get me banned so you can all gain the upper hand.
Weaklings, that's all I can describe of you lot.
You have an ignore button that you can use, so use it and your problems are solved.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
I know you want to believe you count but you simply don't. You're just a pimple to me.

You're about as dense as inquisitive in grasping stuff. You remind me of a little man called , starman.

You are relying on some clown merely mentioning books every 5 minutes and taking what he's said as some kind of gospel, when you have no clue what was said.

Just this thread alone with the personal attacks scepti.

You do know that personal attacks are the tactic of a person losing a debate right?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »

I'm on this forum to put my thoughts across for anyone to read. I know you want to believe you count but you simply don't. You're just a pimple to me.

The point is, people like you can overrun a forum like this. You can take command if you don't have any defence to get past. Unfortunately for you and your cronies, you come up against the likes of me and a number of other defenders. It's never going to be easy for you to gain the upper hand.

The more you people run in with your little sticks, you will be pushed back by those with the bigger sticks. There maybe only a few aganst the masses of you and your little brigade but it's simple. It's easy.
The few are immune to your tactics and you will be defeated either by dissolving or by gaining some rational brains and seeing through your own lies you all latch onto like wide eyed kids.

That's why I'm here. Why are you here?

I am here because the universe is beautiful and you can't see it.  You call my field of study a con and you call the organizations that I wish to join conspirators.  You talk about the incredible creations of God as if they were a bad movie.  What anoys me most is that you can't even prove that you are right and you even have to call the elegant art of mathematics a con in order to justify your beliefs.  I am here in a somewhat vain hope that I can show even one flat earther what they are denying by calling Earth flat.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »
I know you want to believe you count but you simply don't. You're just a pimple to me.

You're about as dense as inquisitive in grasping stuff. You remind me of a little man called , starman.

You are relying on some clown merely mentioning books every 5 minutes and taking what he's said as some kind of gospel, when you have no clue what was said.

You do know that personal attacks are the tactic of a person losing a debate right?
So why aren't you reporting those that personally attack me?

Let me guess. They're your friends and think like you so that's ok?

Let me expain something. If those are personal attacks then this forum should not exist as we would be all banned for flouting the rules.
Now answer me this.
If I can refrain from whining and complaining about personal attacks against me...some of which are constant, then why can't you?
Your little friend, Geoffrey launches as many personal attacks against me as he does putting a post in that doesn't involve me. It's about half and half. I ignore the comment, yet he still complains about me. How does this work?   ;D

I suggest you man up, seriously. Put me on ignore to save your sanity because I aint giving up unless you get your wish with complaints.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

So why aren't you reporting those that personally attack me?

Let me guess. They're your friends and think like you so that's ok?

Let me expain something. If those are personal attacks then this forum should not exist as we would be all banned for flouting the rules.
Now answer me this.
If I can refrain from whining and complaining about personal attacks against me...some of which are constant, then why can't you?
Your little friend, Geoffrey launches as many personal attacks against me as he does putting a post in that doesn't involve me. It's about half and half. I ignore the comment, yet he still complains about me. How does this work?   ;D

I suggest you man up, seriously. Put me on ignore to save your sanity because I aint giving up unless you get your wish with complaints.

AusGeoff is not me, I have tried to refrain from all personal attacks here that couldn't be considered constructive. So there is no point in bringing him or your issues with him into this. This is between me and you.

Furthermore, I rather like some of the people that you are attacking like that and think that they have done little to nothing to warrant you doing it. That is why I am reporting you, over and over again.

Finally, the day you said that there was nothing we could say or do that could convince you of anything other than your theories because you don't care what the evidence says (paraphrase) is the day I lost any shred of respect for you and any shred of patience with your tendency to be an ass to other people in these forums.

You went from someone trying to prove a point passionately to someone acting like a smug, arrogant, belligerent asshole.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 11:59:05 AM »
I am here because the universe is beautiful and you can't see it.  You call my field of study a con and you call the organizations that I wish to join conspirators.
Just because you say you study stuff and want to join an organisation like NASA doesn't mean that you know what's what. Nor does it prove anything to me that you are legitimate, so don't even try it. I don't trust you. I do not trust you in any way, shape or form.

You talk about the incredible creations of God as if they were a bad movie.
I rarely mention god. I merely say I re4spect people who want to believe in a god as I can't prove there is one nor can you prove there is, so it's an argument that has no end unless a god shows me the way. It hasn't happened yet, nor have I had any inclination to believe there is a god at work in my life, so respect my thoughts on it or don't.

What anoys me most is that you can't even prove that you are right and you even have to call the elegant art of mathematics a con in order to justify your beliefs.
If I could prove I'm right then there would be nothing to argue. It's about using your own logical thought. You believe you are and I don't think you are. It doesn't make you right nor does it make me wrong.

I am here in a somewhat vain hope that I can show even one flat earther what they are denying by calling Earth flat.
You fail to understand that all flat Earth theorists and outside of the box thinkers, are like this because we did once follow the very model you are trying to bestow upon us. Can't you grasp this?

People see through some of the crap so they question it. The more they question, the more crap is seen, until they start to see a sense in an alternative. This is where everyone is at. Some have different ideas but the main idea we all have is unified, which is, "The Earth is not a globe."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »
AusGeoff is not me, I have tried to refrain from all personal attacks here that couldn't be considered constructive. So there is no point in bringing him or your issues with him into this. This is between me and you.
What's betweem me and you? If that's teh case then why are you bringing quotes up from other people, you hypocrite.
Furthermore, I rather like some of the people that you are attacking like that and think that they have done little to nothing to warrant you doing it. That is why I am reporting you, over and over again.
Report as much as you want to. You report me, you are reporting every person because everyone is guilty. My attacks are so mild they're almost pleasant. The problem you have is your ego. You've been trained to believe it's fine to attack those that think differently and yet you reel back in horror when the favour is returned. Again, you're a hypocrite.
Finally, the day you said that there was nothing we could say or do that could convince you of anything other than your theories because you don't care what the evidence says (paraphrase) is the day I lost any shred of respect for you and any shred of patience with your tendency to be an ass to other people in these forums.
I'm pleased about this. I ask for nothing from you people. I'll give forum respect to those who do give forum respect. I get very little but the little I get is returned in likewise fashion. Try it sometime of just keep complaining. Eitehr way is fine with me.
Now you know I won't accept your evidence, you know not to deal with me. Remember this and you'll be fine.
You went from someone trying to prove a point passionately to someone acting like a smug, arrogant, belligerent asshole.
I'm still passionate. I'm sure my prolific posts verify this. I am arrogant and I can be smug. No different from the way you people come across.
Make sure you report yourself for this personal attack on me. I would do it, except I'm not a pussy and I find it amusing, so I refrain from filling the moderators heads with tittle tattle nonsense.
Push hard on your abdomen and gain a set of balls. ;)

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
What's betweem me and you? If that's teh case then why are you bringing quotes up from other people, you hypocrite.

Short memory you have it appears. Since it was you that brought up AusGeoff and others attacks against you when I was the one that said I was reporting you. Hence between me and you.

Report as much as you want to. You report me, you are reporting every person because everyone is guilty. My attacks are so mild they're almost pleasant. The problem you have is your ego. You've been trained to believe it's fine to attack those that think differently and yet you reel back in horror when the favour is returned. Again, you're a hypocrite.

No actually, besides Charles who is just a nitwit your attacks are the most personal and juvenile out of any ones on this site. They typically revolve around you explaining how that person is meaningless or worthless, especially when compared to you. You go to a level that is typically reserved for bullies and dullards with nothing special to say.

I'm pleased about this. I ask for nothing from you people. I'll give forum respect to those who do give forum respect. I get very little but the little I get is returned in likewise fashion. Try it sometime of just keep complaining. Eitehr way is fine with me.
Now you know I won't accept your evidence, you know not to deal with me. Remember this and you'll be fine.

No, you give "forum respect" to anyone that bucks the scientific model, no matter how outlandish their claims, following again your juvenile tendencies. There are people here, Alpha and Mike both whom treat you with respect and both receive a good portion of your attacks.

As for accepting my evidence, thats fine though it just puts you into the troll category or the mentally unstable category. Because any sane human being who is truly curious about the world around them would pay attention to the mountains of evidence that counters their thoughts on reality.

I'm still passionate. I'm sure my prolific posts verify this. I am arrogant and I can be smug. No different from the way you people come across.
Make sure you report yourself for this personal attack on me. I would do it, except I'm not a pussy and I find it amusing, so I refrain from filling the moderators heads with tittle tattle nonsense.
Push hard on your abdomen and gain a set of balls. ;)

No, if you were passionate you would give both sides equal consideration; if you aren't a troll, then all you are is a zealot or fanatic.

I said personal attacks that aren't constructive in any way. I know this is a fine line to tread with someone that is as pedantic as you though.

Reported. For the lulz.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »
Can we all please try to stay on topic?  I will be moving posts to CN if this keeps up. 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »
Winky is the dork in school with tape on his glasses, reporting to the teacher. Gimme a break.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
Winky is the dork in school with tape on his glasses, reporting to the teacher. Gimme a break.

Reported, for the lulz

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
Why do we have predictable meteor showers based on RET, and this prediction/explanation makes perfect sense while the FET explanation is just so much hand waving?  Are the RET conspirators in such firm control of the world and universe that they can warp the very fabric of reason?

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »
Most of the time the box contains the best solutions.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
By box, do you mean the box of reason?  Yes, sometimes one has to think outside the 'box' in order to expand knowledge.  But one can not expect to find anything of interest if they just refuse to accept that there is a box of reason and engage it in any meaningful way.  The box is expanded by demonstrating where it fails to live up to reality, not by blindly banging ones head against a wall.  The refusal to let go of FET is the worst kind of box to be in, it is a box with solid bars of steel that trap the mind in paranoid delusions and creates a disassociation with reality.   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »
Why do we have predictable meteor showers based on RET, and this prediction/explanation makes perfect sense while the FET explanation is just so much hand waving?  Are the RET conspirators in such firm control of the world and universe that they can warp the very fabric of reason?
The telescopes that the governments own can see what's happening. They can see when the ice is falling, so they can predict what's going to happen.
That's why they can come up with bull crap about comets passing every 70 odd years or 10,000 years. They can make any old crap up because they always know there's going to be a fall.

Your little telescopes cmpared to the ones they have are like pitting a 50cc motorbike against a Bugatti. No comparison.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 09:15:16 AM »
By box, do you mean the box of reason?  Yes, sometimes one has to think outside the 'box' in order to expand knowledge.  But one can not expect to find anything of interest if they just refuse to accept that there is a box of reason and engage it in any meaningful way.  The box is expanded by demonstrating where it fails to live up to reality, not by blindly banging ones head against a wall.  The refusal to let go of FET is the worst kind of box to be in, it is a box with solid bars of steel that trap the mind in paranoid delusions and creates a disassociation with reality.
It's your mind that's trapped. It's trapped because you are sealed into your box. You're afraid to even peep out of it when the opportunity arises. You're in your comfort zone. Everything is handed to you on a plate. All you have to do is recite it.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 09:22:29 AM »
It's your mind that's trapped. It's trapped because you are sealed into your box. You're afraid to even peep out of it when the opportunity arises. You're in your comfort zone. Everything is handed to you on a plate. All you have to do is recite it.
I am not in a box, I am an out of the box thinker, I live on the edge of what is possible and daily have to rethink how things are done.  Nothing is handed to me on a plate.  I make my living by pushing the envelope and getting there first.  And the product has to produce real world demonstrable benefit.