The earth is a cube *Proof*

• 59 Replies
« on: October 19, 2006, 12:19:30 AM »
Thanks to some insight from Who Da Man it has been established the earth is in fact a cube.

Here is a model of the earth cube

http://www.promotionpotion.com/monster/stress/60462/eb-ec02.jpg

FAQ

Why hasn't the government said it is a cube?

They say it's round cause it sounds better.

"Why do you guys believe the Earth is a cube?"

I did some tests on it and I am releasing book so it must be.

Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is a cube?

The astronauts use wide angle lenses in space making it seem round

What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?

Well the moon is made of cheese hence why we have blocks of cheese. Other planets appear round but it is an optical illusion, they are cubed.

What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?

They fly around the cube. How else would we have satelitte Radio

8-)

What about gravity?

Gravity pushes on the cube.

Why doesn't water run off the Earth?

The same reason it doesn't run off the sphere earth.

Why is the North pole colder than the equator?

Have you ever gone outside in winter. DUh

How come the travel time by air from South America to New Zealand, via the polar route, is SHORTER than the travel time going North first and then South again?

The earth is a cube and pilots cut corners.
he earth is a cube!

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:21:26 AM »
HAHA! Amazing!

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:13:47 AM »
Gravity naturally pulls objects into spheres....

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »
Well it's just as credible as the othe thing, So I guess you should start your own website.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »
That idea was clever about 5000 tries ago.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
Gravity naturally pulls objects into spheres....

Your wrong, can you show evidence of this?
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »
Quote from: "Earthisround99"

What did "His wrong" do that he needs to show evidence of?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »

Umm...Yes...The fact that gravity is a force that pulls things together, in order for it to form a cube, it would have to have weak spots of the unusual force in the center of it, in order to form the shape of a cube. Also, this would mean that subsequently at the corners, people would probably weigh about half as much as at the middle of the side, which, obviously, is not true.
Through simple postulatory logic, you can figure that none of what you're saying is logical.

Also, I know this is just a joke, poking fun at the Flat Earth Theory, but this theory is nowhere near as thought out as the FE Theory, therefore you fail.

~D-Draw

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 03:01:57 PM »

What did "His wrong" do that he needs to show evidence of?

I am using the same logic as the flatearthers. I make up my own theories and they are therefore correct. Also as I stated in the FAQ I did experiments and the earth is a cube.
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »

I am using the same logic as the flatearthers. I make up my own theories and they are therefore correct.

That's not FE logic at all, really. People come to the site, they say "You guys are wrong, Earth is round."
To which the FE's reply "Prove it." Which is perfectly reasonable seeing as the burden of proof lies with with the accusers, not the accused.

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

That's not FE logic at all, really. People come to the site, they say "You guys are wrong, Earth is round."
To which the FE's reply "Prove it." Which is perfectly reasonable seeing as the burden of proof lies with with the accusers, not the accused.

Okay, prove that the earth is flat. As far as I am concerned it is a cube.
he earth is a cube!

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »

Okay, prove that the earth is flat. As far as I am concerned it is a cube.

Fine. Think that the Earth is a cube. This site isn't trying to convince YOU of anything.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
Isn't the burden of proof usually with the people who challenge the status quo?
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
Isn't the burden of proof usually with the people who challenge the status quo?

Yes, and here, the status quo is that the Earth is flat.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
The burden of proof lies with the people who challenge the commonly accepted belief. Since this is the FE society that belief is that Earth is flat.

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
Okay we are cool then. The earth is a cube.
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 05:08:39 PM »
Possibly, you never know.

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
Possibly, you never know.

If you read the FAQ you will see that it is. Don't post rubbish before reading the FAQ, thanks.
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »
I did and I don't, thanks.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 05:33:15 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
The burden of proof lies with the people who challenge the commonly accepted belief. Since this is the FE society that belief is that Earth is flat.

Imagine the chaos in the world if that was true.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »
Christchex, guys, you morons STILL can't get the "Burden of Proof" logic into your heads? Honest to God, it's REALLY not that hard! If you come here with a theory that differentiates from The Flat Earth Theory, then you are the accusers, meaning you have to prove us wrong. Any other attempts at logic don't even make sense. Durr.

~D-Draw

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 06:27:42 PM »
When you make a website, or anything else for that matter (cult, religion political party, clan, discussion group ect.)

People will expect you to be able to prove that your point of view is not bullshit.

Ex:. People go into a cardgame forum and ask, "Hey guys, show me why you think Vampiric dragon is not a tournament worthy card" and people will explain with playtests results and game theory why it isn't.

You go into a fighting game forum and ask, "hey guys, show me why you think that SNK games are better than Capcom ones" People will show, through movies, game theory, per characte option and character balancing what their point of view is based on, and why it is valid.

Same thing with anything else. They won't go "no sir, you came to our site, we're not showing anything to you, YOU show us that Card X, or game X is not what we say it is. That would be seen as snobish to most people and would just alienate newcomers.

It's not realistic to think that people will come to your forum and NOT expect you to prove that your point of view is valid. Even if it was, calling people morons would not be a good way of doing that either.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »
If you come here with a theory that differentiates from The Flat Earth Theory, then you are the accusers, meaning you have to prove us wrong. Any other attempts at logic don't even make sense. Durr.

I did present proof in my FAQ. You the one who hasn't shown me anything to warrant that the earth is not a cube.
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 07:33:09 PM »
If you come here with a theory that differentiates from The Flat Earth Theory, then you are the accusers, meaning you have to prove us wrong. Any other attempts at logic don't even make sense. Durr.

I did present proof in my FAQ. You the one who hasn't shown me anything to warrant that the earth is not a cube.

All you did with your FAQ was say that you believe Earth to be a cube. That is not a refutation of anything, it's just a general statement to the world at large.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »
When you make a website, or anything else for that matter (cult, religion political party, clan, discussion group ect.)

People will expect you to be able to prove that your point of view is not bullshit.

Ex:. People go into a cardgame forum and ask, "Hey guys, show me why you think Vampiric dragon is not a tournament worthy card" and people will explain with playtests results and game theory why it isn't.

This isn't the same thing.
Think of it this way, if you started a forum called "The round Earth society" and someone came to the forum and said "You are wrong, Earth is flat", should you have to prove them wrong? Or is it their job to show why they're right?
Because, honestly, you don't care that they disagree with your theory, unless they can offer evidence to show that they're right.

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »
All you did with your FAQ was say that you believe Earth to be a cube. That is not a refutation of anything, it's just a general statement to the world at large.

That is exactly what the Flat Earth FAQ did. Also I stated that I had done experiments in my FAQ and would be releasing a book with them in it. I did experiments just as the FE states that one of their members did. I am doing nothing out of the ordinary in my FAQ. One could argue the FE FAQ contains general statements such as "The whole world is in a conspiracy". There is no proof to back that up. But alas my FAQ has proof and isn't a general statement.
he earth is a cube!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:47 PM »
The FAQ does not exist to prove the FE theory, the FAQ exists to answer Frequently Asked Questions.

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 08:28:37 PM »
Well you still didn't explain how the FE FAQ isn't just a general statement. You claim mine is well so is yours.
he earth is a cube!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »

You answered questions, but you didn't manage to present any evidence. And, you forget the fact that I DID prove to you that the Earth is not a cube; you just happened to bypass that part.

Again, you are thinking incorrectly, especially in your examples.

That's not a valid example. The CORRECT way to put that example would be: You go into a Vampiric Dragon tournament forum and tell them that it is not a tournament-worthy card. Obviously, they're going to ask you why you think that, and you are in the position where you have to prove it.

You go into a fighting game forum and ask, "hey guys, show me why you think that SNK games are better than Capcom ones" People will show, through movies, game theory, per characte option and character balancing what their point of view is based on, and why it is valid.

Again, you're incorrect. Corrected example: You go into an SNK game forum and tell them that you think that Capcom is better. They ask why, and you're required to prove that Capcom is better.

Same thing with anything else. They won't go "no sir, you came to our site, we're not showing anything to you, YOU show us that Card X, or game X is not what we say it is.

We don't say that we aren't going to show you anything, but if you're going to come and say, "You're wrong" and then leave, what's the point of proving anything?

That would be seen as snobish to most people and would just alienate newcomers.
:lol:
Alienate newcomers...Don't want to alienate those aliens, hm?

It's not realistic to think that people will come to your forum and NOT expect you to prove that your point of view is valid. Even if it was, calling people morons would not be a good way of doing that either.

We do prove our point of view, but you have to give us something to prove, otherwise we can't prove a damned thing. Basically, the only way to counter you coming and saying, "The Earth is round" would be for us to say, "Nope, the Earth is flat." But hey, you guys aren't happy with that either. The point isn't for us to NOT prove our point EVER, it's that in order for us to DO so, you have to bring up the issues, and tell us what's wrong FIRST, otherwise we're stuck in a cycle of argument that is just plainly illogical.

Honest to God, what part of this completely logical concept do you guys not understand. IT'S SIMPLE! Freaking Christ...

~D-Draw

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »
Enough Bickering who wants to join "The Cube Shaped Earth Society?"
he earth is a cube!