Seriously Now

• 36 Replies
Seriously Now
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »
Do you truley believe the Earth is flat? Then explain to me a few things:

1. Orbit. You can't orbit a flat earth, so why has it been done.
2. Telescopic images and non-terrestrial activity. All of this is recorded as the Earth TURNS and ROTATES. Flat objects do not.
3. Horizon. If the Earth was flat, there would be no horizon line. The horizon is there because the Earth is round.

Care to explain?

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:46:32 PM »
Check the FAQ before making threads asking questions that have been answered thousands of times.

Seriously Now
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:47:58 PM »

-Has it?

2. Telescopic images and non-terrestrial activity. All of this is recorded as the Earth TURNS and ROTATES. Flat objects do not.

-A flat earth can tilt.  We discussed this in a thread a couple of weeks ago about global warming.  How the earth tilts toward the sun=global warming like a mug.

3. Horizon. If the Earth was flat, there would be no horizon line. The horizon is there because the Earth is round.

-hmmm.
nvaders for Truth....Countdown to Extinction

Tides are Bogus.

?

erfy

Seriously Now
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:49:34 PM »
did you ever see POGS? they were flat AND ROUND  8-)  8-)

Seriously Now
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »
Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: It's a conspiracy.

Conspiracy? Are you for real? Conspiracies are around to cover up things that are of great value or great power.

Also, you are telling me that EVERY world government is in on it? Please... When was the last time the entire world did something in accord?

Seriously Now
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:50:43 PM »
Quote from: "golphs"

-hmmm.

There is a horizon, it just just invisible because it is made of ice. Ice from the ice walls is completely transparent, thats why you can see clear to space from the top of your house when you look out onto this 'horizon' of yours.
he earth is a spherelike thing.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
Quote from: "ItIsRound"
Conspiracies are around to cover up things that are of great value or great power.

Bingo.

Seriously Now
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 07:53:31 PM »
I take it that none of you have ever studied Earth Science, and have never tried your own experiments other than the ones that quack of a man made 150 years ago.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
I take it that none of you have ever studied Earth Science, and have never tried your own experiments other than the ones that quack of a man made 150 years ago.

And you'd be wrong on both counts.

Seriously Now
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

And you'd be wrong on both counts.

Really now? Well then explain to me the Focault Pendelum effect, and trade winds.

Explain the Jet Stream, prevailing winds, gravitational pull, pressure and eruption.

How about space travel? You say that it never happened? Oh... I guess that means the tens of thousands that are involved with the space program must be all part of this conspiracy.

Moreover, everyone who is involved must disregard the nature of humanity and keep it quiet. Secrets are never secrets when it comes to masses.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 08:02:49 PM »

Really now? Well then explain to me the Focault Pendelum effect, and trade winds.

Obviously if Earth is flat they are not caused by the same mechanisms that are in place on a round Earth. Just because there isn't yet an explanation for something doesn't mean there isn't one.

Explain the Jet Stream, prevailing winds, gravitational pull, pressure and eruption.

Check the FAQ.

How about space travel? You say that it never happened? Oh... I guess that means the tens of thousands that are involved with the space program must be all part of this conspiracy.

I guess so.

Seriously Now
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:57 PM »
There are so many holes in your theory that is isn't even funny.

I mean, you guys are going by what people said back in the 1600's. It's sad, really.

And you didn't respond to my last statement:

How do the tens of thousands of people stay quiet? Obviously conspiracy... >_>

I mean, how the hell would everyone keep a secret like that? They wouldn't.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »
Quote from: ItIsRound

Tens of thousands of people don't have to know there is a conspiracy. All the conspirators need do is convince humanity that Earth is round, and, as shown by this forum, people will take it from there.

?

No

Seriously Now
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »
Quote from: GeoGuy

Tens of thousands of people don't have to know there is a conspiracy. All the conspirators need do is convince humanity that Earth is round, and, as shown by this forum, people will take it from there.
But at what point do they learn of the conspiracy? For example, when Bush was elected, did somebody carefully explain to him that the earth is flat and about the conspiracy? Do you not think that one elected official in the entire world over the past 1000 years would have told the secret? Think about it. Is the average person able to keep a secret that would change peoples lives? Even if they weren't we're talking about every single leader of every single state since the first millenium. How would they suddenly collaborate? In ancient China and Greece, wars and invasions were happening all the time. Are you saying that sometime 1000 years ago every government in the world suddenly decided that they needed to collaborate on making the world believe that the world is round. I'd like someone to try and answer all of those questions fully without uttering the words "conspiracy" or "alien."

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »
Quote from: "No"
But at what point do they learn of the conspiracy? For example, when Bush was elected, did somebody carefully explain to him that the earth is flat and about the conspiracy? Do you not think that one elected official in the entire world over the past 1000 years would have told the secret?

Most elected officials wouldn't even need to know about the conspiracy. The only people who would have to be let in are those who would be directly affected by it, such a astronauts and the like. But even if one of them started going around telling everyone that Earth was flat, why would anyone believe them? They'd just be dismissed as insane.

Seriously Now
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:13 PM »
Quote from: "specialK"
Quote from: "golphs"

-hmmm.

There is a horizon, it just just invisible because it is made of ice. Ice from the ice walls is completely transparent, thats why you can see clear to space from the top of your house when you look out onto this 'horizon' of yours.

Ice cannot be that transparent. And even if it was, the images you'd see through it from miles away would certainly not be crystal clear. That explanation is illogical.

Also note that if you pack that much ice in one spot, it will NOT be transparent.

And how in the world would you know that? Anyone who'd ever go there would supposedly get killed by the tireless ice wall guards.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

No

Seriously Now
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:19 PM »
But at what point do they learn of the conspiracy? For example, when Bush was elected, did somebody carefully explain to him that the earth is flat and about the conspiracy? Do you not think that one elected official in the entire world over the past 1000 years would have told the secret?

Most elected officials wouldn't even need to know about the conspiracy. The only people who would have to be let in are those who would be directly affected by it, such a astronauts and the like. But even if one of them started going around telling everyone that Earth was flat, why would anyone believe them? They'd just be dismissed as insane.
They would have to find out somehow, I mean they would wonder "Where the hell are our satellites?" Plus, you stated that this was a conspiracy by the world governments. Lastly, who is in charge of the ice wall guards? Over and over again, as we ask you people why you can't take a trip to the ice wall, you say that the government would kill us. What government? The world government? An elected official would probably want to know why he isn't in charge of anything. Besides, all of the wars are just cover up, so the Iraq war would be included in this, as would the beef with Iran in North Korea.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:00:59 PM »
They would have to find out somehow, I mean they would wonder "Where the hell are our satellites?" Plus, you stated that this was a conspiracy by the world governments. Lastly, who is in charge of the ice wall guards?  An elected official would probably want to know why he isn't in charge of anything. Besides, all of the wars are just cover up, so the Iraq war would be included in this, as would the beef with Iran in North Korea.

Any information anyone has given you regarding the conspiracy is pure speculation. No one knows why there is a conspiracy, no one knows who is in on the conspiracy. No one knows what would be gained from a conspiracy. Yet the fact remains that if Earth is flat there is a conspiracy.

Over and over again, as we ask you people why you can't take a trip to the ice wall, you say that the government would kill us.

FE's say they will not take a trip to the ice wall for the same reasons you say you will not take a trip to Antarctica, it has little to nothing to do with fear of being killed by ice wall guards..

Seriously Now
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »
FE's say they will not take a trip to the ice wall for the same reasons you say you will not take a trip to Antarctica, it has little to nothing to do with fear of being killed by ice wall guards..

I don't think  that's what he meant. If there is something to discover, then peiopl will go. There's no point in climbing a mountain. People did it because no one, or very few people did it before. And if something looks like it's forbiden, people will still go.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
I don't think  that's what he meant. If there is something to discover, then peiopl will go. There's no point in climbing a mountain. People did it because no one, or very few people did it before. And if something looks like it's forbiden, people will still go.

Who's to say people haven't been to the ice wall? Judging by the attitudes of most the RE's on this site I think it's safe to say they would be dismissed as loonies.

Seriously Now
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 09:20:34 PM »

Who's to say people haven't been to the ice wall? Judging by the attitudes of most the RE's on this site I think it's safe to say they would be dismissed as loonies.

I think if there was an ice wall, someone would have gone to it by now, threats or not. And if someone who beleived it went and saw it, then they would have talked about it, writting a book or an article.

That book might have been laughed at, but it still would have been there. But there is NOTHING of the sort having been printed since.....well ever.
And to be frank, The ice wall is a flawed concept, as it can easily be demonstrated that it would not be nearly enough to hold an atmosphere.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »
...there is NOTHING of the sort having been printed since.....well ever.

There is nothing that you know of. That doesn't mean there is nothing.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Re: Seriously Now
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 09:30:56 PM »

The FAQ specifically relates to this, saying that that's all encased in the conspiracy.

I was not aware that flat objects do not turn or rotate. Quite a bold claim you're making there. I can turn and rotate and twirl an Oreo cookie. What's different with the Earth, besides the fact that I can fit an Oreo cookie in my mouth?

That's been disputed in oh-so-many threads on here, as well as being addressed in the FAQ.

~D-Draw

?

No

Seriously Now
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 11:10:02 PM »
They would have to find out somehow, I mean they would wonder "Where the hell are our satellites?" Plus, you stated that this was a conspiracy by the world governments. Lastly, who is in charge of the ice wall guards?  An elected official would probably want to know why he isn't in charge of anything. Besides, all of the wars are just cover up, so the Iraq war would be included in this, as would the beef with Iran in North Korea.

Any information anyone has given you regarding the conspiracy is pure speculation. No one knows why there is a conspiracy, no one knows who is in on the conspiracy. No one knows what would be gained from a conspiracy. Yet the fact remains that if Earth is flat there is a conspiracy.

Over and over again, as we ask you people why you can't take a trip to the ice wall, you say that the government would kill us.

I won't go to Antarctica because at least 6 billion people agree with me when I say that the earth is round. However, FE's are one of only hundreds on Earth that believe that it is flat.

If the Earth is flat, then there is a conspiracy.

Let's look at it's contrapositive:
If there is not a conspiracy, then the Earth is not flat.

And since there is a very very small likelihood that we went through 1000 years without any sort of break-up or leak in this conspiracy, there must not be a conspiracy. Therefore, there is not a flat Earth.

?

GeoGuy

Seriously Now
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »
I won't go to Antarctica because at least 6 billion people agree with me when I say that the earth is round. However, FE's are one of only hundreds on Earth that believe that it is flat.

So you're saying you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars taking a trip to Antarctica to prove something you believe is fact. Which is the exact reason the FE's won't go.

If the Earth is flat, then there is a conspiracy.

Let's look at it's contrapositive:
If there is not a conspiracy, then the Earth is not flat.

And since there is a very very small likelihood that we went through 1000 years without any sort of break-up or leak in this conspiracy, there must not be a conspiracy. Therefore, there is not a flat Earth.

That is ridiculous, whether or not the conspiracy has been discovered has no bearing on whether or not it exists.

Seriously Now
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »
...there is NOTHING of the sort having been printed since.....well ever.

There is nothing that you know of. That doesn't mean there is nothing.

Fine then, show me.
My searches come up empty.

And watch out, by that logic a lot of things can be "true"

?

grizzly_hamster

Seriously Now
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 05:56:19 PM »
Do you people also believe that the evidence for a flat earth is more convincing than the evidence for a round one? As far as I can tell, the whole theory is based on the fact that it looks round, and all the rest is based around that fact. Just because it looks flat, any round object will look round from an observer on it if it's big enough. What is causing it to accelerate upwards? What forcr is causing that? And if you make up some force, what makes that more convincing than gravity? If we were in person I could do an experiment using just a string and a weight that proves the Earth is round. What experiment could you do to prove yours? And the biggest question of all. Why would all these thousands of people bother keeping this secret? Why would they care? Why would anyone care so much as to form a huge world spanning conspiricy to keep everyone thinking the world is round? Why?

Seriously Now
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »
Quote from: "grizzly_hamster"
If we were in person I could do an experiment using just a string and a weight that proves the Earth is round.

What experiment would you do? Many RE'ers say things like this "proving" their position. Tell us the experiment so we can all do it at home.

EDIT: Fix quote BB code.
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson

?

goArmy128

Seriously Now
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 06:51:55 PM »
Ever heard of Magellan something...he was the first to sail clear around the world and since then it has been done many times.

*Nobody ever "slipped" off the side of the world, now did they?

*In your model the North Pole is the center of the world....
where is the south pole then....underneath on the rearside?

*Speaking of rearside...what would be under there...just mud and tree roots stickin out here and there??

In reality i really don't care...its good that ppl question mainstream science theories such as the evolution fraud

As for me. i believe we all live in a yellow submarine

[/quote]

Seriously Now
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
Quote from: "goArmy128"
Ever heard of Magellan something...he was the first to sail clear around the world and since then it has been done many times.

*Nobody ever "slipped" off the side of the world, now did they?

*In your model the North Pole is the center of the world....
where is the south pole then....underneath on the rearside?

*Speaking of rearside...what would be under there...just mud and tree roots stickin out here and there??

In reality i really don't care...its good that ppl question mainstream science theories such as the evolution fraud

As for me. i believe we all live in a yellow submarine

First off, you never answered my question. Second, there are an infinite number of south poles on a FE, all of which are on the ice wall. You can't fall off of the Earth because of the ice wall.

EDIT: Removed redundant [/quote].
 believe the Earth is round.
That doesn't mean the Earth is round.

"If you're going to yell at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" --Homer Simpson