Steve Irwin

• 104 Replies

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
Steve Irwin
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2006, 09:11:48 AM »
Do tell...
Courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Muslim.

beast

Steve Irwin
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
Oh it's in the topic.  I googled "canada" and "learnt" and then quoted 10 websites I found that actually were Canadian both in content an on Canadian servers.  This included two government bodies, a few newspapers, some marxists (what would they know anyway ;) ), a charity, a sporting group etc.

So now it's not just myself who is wrong if "learnt" is not a word in Canada - it's their government, their journalists, their charities, their pinko lefties etc.

I think I can write this one down as a win ;).  I am definitely the most competative person I know.  Demonstrated by the way I worked so hard to beat a dumb 12 year old in such a silly arguement :D

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
Steve Irwin
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2006, 09:53:30 AM »
Oh yeah.... I was just there.

Steve Irwin
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »
I liked the way I resorted to mindless swearing! :) I'm very satisfied!

Steve Irwin
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »
Quote from: "mjk"

man, the stingray was 1m WIDE, i'm fairly certain he could see it, if they're so unpredictable then why did he risk getting so close? its because they're not normally harmful and to be killed by one is probably less likely than winning devision 1 lottery.

Depends on a lot of things.  
First, a ray is colored to be hard to see in the water.  
Second, the tend to lay partially buried in sand.
Third, they can move quickly in the water.

A couple of years ago I was snokling off the keys in about 4 feet of water.  I noticed a shadow below me.  It was a Manta Ray, seemed like about 5 feet across, but in my surprise I can't be sure.

It came up behind me so smoothly I didn't notice it until is was starting to pass.  Had it been a sting ray, I could easily have been in range of it's barb.  All it would have had to do was notice me and panic.  

I can see many ways that this could have happened without Steve provoking the animal.

They are now saying the he did not pull the barb out.  Makes sense, it would have still been attached to the ray.  They also say that people have been killing rays in retaliation.  

I can think of no worse insult to what Mr Irwin devoted his life to, than to kill animals for no good reason.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
Steve Irwin
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
Quote from: "Curious"

I can think of no worse insult to what Mr Irwin devoted his life to, than to kill animals for no good reason.

Yeah.  It kind of reminds me of "The Life Aquatic" though.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Steve Irwin
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2006, 04:16:15 PM »
Quote from: "Luke_smith64"
Quote from: "beast"
ok prove that I am a "theif".

Don't say you can do it, do it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation

Your ancestors were theifs, and little rats grow up to be big rats, don't they?

THEIF!

I'd like to add the real animal abused here is Beast, now ask me why so i can tell everyone too please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ignorant_fuckwit

?

mjk

Steve Irwin
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2006, 03:48:06 AM »
Quote from: "Luke_smith64"
My Dad came to Australia in the 1980s and my great grandparents came to Australia in the mid 1800s - none of them came to Australia as convicts.

Also the word is spelt "thief" not "theif".

Your great grandparents came around the right time, do you think they would really tell you that your great grand parents were convicts, is that something to be proud of?

:shock:

yes, they would.  two of my ancestors came to Australia as convicts.  one stole a pair of boots and the other stole some linen.  i wouldnt say i'm particularly proud or ashamed of this fact but i'm glad it happened otherwise i wouldnt exist.

still, having ancestors that stole something and were then deported from their home country doesnt in any way make ME a thief.

i think all this just shows that YOU are an idiot. (or dickhead, seeing as most people have agreed to that term)  :lol:
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
Steve Irwin
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2006, 03:52:50 AM »
How about fuck-brains? Shit minded retard? Fuckwit? Cock-brains? Ass head?

Steve Irwin
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2006, 04:15:07 AM »
knob jockey

Steve Irwin
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2006, 04:23:50 AM »
He didn't die instantly, he pulled out the barb first - which is probably what actually killed him since sting ray barbs have over 200 barbs pointing in the opposite direction. The advice in any first aid course with dealing with people who have been impaled with something is not to pull it out and this is especially true with sting rays - there can be no doubt that pulling it out would have done significantly more damage than when it went in and there is a good chance it was pulling out the barb that killed him (the reports of what happened support this).

I also don't really think he had a very positive influence on the environment at all.  While there is no doubting that he was an entertaining person, and it's sad that he's dead, he was a strong supporter of the Liberal party - which is the more conservative party in Australia (like an "environmentalist" also being a republicn) and it's very hard to understand how somebody apparantly so passionate about the environment could support the political party that is the most destructive of the environment out of all the major parties in Australia.  He famously suggested that somebody should punch Bob Brown in the head for interrupting George Bush when he was speaking to Australian parliament.  Bob Brown is the leader of the Australian Greens party and has been fighting to protect Australia's environment for more than 30 years.

So then it was his on dumbass who killed himself eh. I can live with that, but then technically he did't die doing what he loved, he died pulling a barb out of his heart.
 am the center of the universe

Steve Irwin
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2006, 06:35:49 AM »
No, he died while filming a nature documentary. That's like saying, "The soldier didn't die during a war, he died while being shot"

The natural reaction for anyone wo finds themselves suddenly attached to an angry thrashing stingray would be to try and pull the barb out. I'd like to see you act rationally with a poisoned razor in your chest.

beast

Steve Irwin
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2006, 06:43:46 AM »
Actually recent reports contradict that statement.  Just goes to show that if you believe what the police say you're fool.  :oops:

Until we see the video on youtube we'll never know if it was his fault or not.

I guess I wanted to add that I really didn't know much about him and having seen a lot more stuff on TV recenlty my respect has grown a lot.  While I disagree with some of the things he did, it's obvious that he was very passionate and was one of the few people that cared more about making the world a better place than about himself.  He has definitely won my respect.

Steve Irwin
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2006, 08:10:41 PM »
quote="DiegoDraw"]"And Moses said unto his brethren: 'The Earth is flat!...biznatches,'" [/quote]
DOT INFO

?

Nomad

• Official Member
Steve Irwin
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2006, 08:59:37 PM »
OMG the stingrays are banding together to exterminate humans!  Run away!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET