GOOGLE EARTH

• 122 Replies
GOOGLE EARTH
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »
for those of you who don't know, google earth is "a free-of-charge, downloadable virtual globe program. It maps the earth by superimposing images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS over a 3D globe." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_earth).  so for FEers, is google in on the conspiracy too?  if so why?  if not, then why are you an FEer?
oseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »
i think the foolish name "google" explains everaything...i'd like to crap my pants but the sun is shining...

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
Quote from: "Gallilei"
i think the foolish name "google" explains everaything...i'd like to crap my pants but the sun is shining...

i don't get it.

Re: GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
Quote from: "wuttttttttup"
for those of you who don't know, google earth is "a free-of-charge, downloadable virtual globe program. It maps the earth by superimposing images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS over a 3D globe." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_earth).  so for FEers, is google in on the conspiracy too?  if so why?  if not, then why are you an FEer?

Just a qiuck rule of thump for this board. If it proves the earth is round then its part of the conspiracy.
f everything that stands the end.

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 12:23:30 PM »
yeah, galilei is right.
noone except the government would create a searching engine with two o's.

do you notice something? gOOgle - yahOO

they're everywhere... you can't imagine how powerful they are!
arth's a pancake - you're a towel

Re: GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »
Quote from: "Zerath"

Just a qiuck rule of thump for this board. If it proves the earth is round then its part of the conspiracy.

lol

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »
i'd like to propose a new term.  google earther: a REer who believes that google earth is definitive proof that the FE model is blatantly wrong, grossly pretentious, and highly unintellectual.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 12:31:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure that "GE" is already a registered trademark, so I don't think "google earther" will catch on.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:35:09 PM »
i am definitely not a google earther!
the german government tries to convince the population that a town called "Bielefeld" exists. of course it doesn't.

google earth (you see? two o's again) shows faked pictures of this "town".
they're definitely part of the big conspiracy!

i made research and i made a huge discovery. yahoo - two o's, google - two o's, doom - two o's!
everyone who doesn't get it - maybe you're simply stupid or part of the consiracy ...

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
Yeah, because obviously planes can't fly at high altitudes and take pictures, right? Sure.

Plus, how do you explain sattelite pictures getting such good-quality pictures. I mean, come on. It's ridiculous. I can't get a good shot of my cat with my camera from one-hundred yards away, and you're telling me that something out tens of miles away, through clouds and apparently an "atmosphere" can take pictures so accurately that I can see my house and even my car outside of my house? Not likely.

~D-Draw

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
Quote from: "Leo"
i am definitely not a google earther!
the german government tries to convince the population that a town called "Bielefeld" exists. of course it doesn't.

google earth (you see? two o's again) shows faked pictures of this "town".
they're definitely part of the big conspiracy!

i made research and i made a huge discovery. yahoo - two o's, google - two o's, doom - two o's!
everyone who doesn't get it - maybe you're simply stupid or part of the consiracy ...

you are a strange character.  i think you are tying to be silly funny but it just isn't working out.  there are countless types like you on forums everywhere.  oh well, maybe i'm wrong.  either way, you're not funny.  and your sarcasm doesn't work.

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »
whats about the moon?
do I have to be scared of the spoon beside me?
are the roots of the plants in my house dangerous?

you're a fOOl...

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Yeah, because obviously planes can't fly at high altitudes and take pictures, right? Sure.

Plus, how do you explain sattelite pictures getting such good-quality pictures. I mean, come on. It's ridiculous. I can't get a good shot of my cat with my camera from one-hundred yards away, and you're telling me that something out tens of miles away, through clouds and apparently an "atmosphere" can take pictures so accurately that I can see my house and even my car outside of my house? Not likely.

~D-Draw

haha this is funny.  i think i'm convinced that you aren't serious either.  just like i won't debate with beast anymore b/c i realized that he/she isn't for real, i will cease debates with you diego b/c obviously this is bad sarcasm.  no one really doubts the existence and use of zoom lenses.  ok, we're done.

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »
you just don't see the evidences wuttttup ...
or maybe you don't want to.

i feel sorry for you.

you're right - we're done.

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »
angry people make me stick a knife in mytummy.
lets go out and play, have a piece of cake or some orange juice. or we could rape my dog. he's tight

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 12:46:28 PM »
Someone doesn't want to prove me wrong, apparently...I may not believe in what I'm saying, but I'm still debating at least semi-seriously.

But seriously, I've seen plenty of zoom lenses, but have you seen a foggy day? Sattelite photographs would have to be taken from at least ten miles away (it'd be more than that, but we'll use it as a liberal estimate), through an extremely thick atmosphere, AND a lot of clouds, not to mention with only the sun used for lighting. I just don't see how it could be done.

~D-Draw

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 12:49:55 PM »
can i bring my dog, too? he's a little more used.
not so tight ...

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »
we could stick my dog into your dog, i think that would e even better.

i like eating ice cream while the sun is shining on my face becuase it tickles my butt

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
Someone doesn't want to prove me wrong, apparently...I may not believe in what I'm saying, but I'm still debating at least semi-seriously.

But seriously, I've seen plenty of zoom lenses, but have you seen a foggy day? Sattelite photographs would have to be taken from at least ten miles away (it'd be more than that, but we'll use it as a liberal estimate), through an extremely thick atmosphere, AND a lot of clouds, not to mention with only the sun used for lighting. I just don't see how it could be done.

~D-Draw

you don't "see" how it could be done?  i'll show you

now obviously you are partially correct, there are clouds covering part of the earth, but in the above pic the majority isn't covered by clouds and you can see the color of the water or land below.  now a satellite being used to take the kinds of pictures google earth uses would be much closer than the camera that was used to take the above picture.  with that in mind, it can easily be imagined how the satellite could just wait until there were no clouds beneath it and then take the picture.  although, even with all this in mind, there are still clouds in many pictures that make up google earth.  but mostly it is clear.[/url]

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 12:54:14 PM »
that's the reason why we all like ice cream, huh?

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »
that's the reason why we all like ice cream, huh?

let me guess...11th grade..not too successful with the ladies, probably maintains a website or blog somewhere on the internet, likes video games, close but strange relationship w/ mother...is this you leo?  be honest, or else no one wins.

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 12:59:46 PM »
wow i'm scared ... are you watching me?

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 01:01:41 PM »
remember he's got google earth

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »
wow i'm scared ... are you watching me?

joking aside, how many of them did i get right?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »
Ooh!  Do me now!  I can guarantee that I'm much more of a loser than you may think I am.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
now obviously you are partially correct, there are clouds covering part of the earth, but in the above pic the majority isn't covered by clouds and you can see the color of the water or land below.  now a satellite being used to take the kinds of pictures google earth uses would be much closer than the camera that was used to take the above picture.  with that in mind, it can easily be imagined how the satellite could just wait until there were no clouds beneath it and then take the picture.  although, even with all this in mind, there are still clouds in many pictures that make up google earth.  but mostly it is clear.

Well, even passed the clouds point, if things supposedly burn up in the atmosphere, why do you think it's so thin that you can just go ahead and zoom right through it. Plus, how big would this lense have to be, and why would the government care so much about taking pictures as to spend all that money if it wasn't part of upholding the conspiracy?

~D-Draw

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »

~D-Draw

This post pretty much sums up most of the the theorys on this board. You have no facts, just an idea.
f everything that stands the end.

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 01:10:49 PM »
now obviously you are partially correct, there are clouds covering part of the earth, but in the above pic the majority isn't covered by clouds and you can see the color of the water or land below.  now a satellite being used to take the kinds of pictures google earth uses would be much closer than the camera that was used to take the above picture.  with that in mind, it can easily be imagined how the satellite could just wait until there were no clouds beneath it and then take the picture.  although, even with all this in mind, there are still clouds in many pictures that make up google earth.  but mostly it is clear.

Well, even passed the clouds point, if things supposedly burn up in the atmosphere, why do you think it's so thin that you can just go ahead and zoom right through it. Plus, how big would this lense have to be, and why would the government care so much about taking pictures as to spend all that money if it wasn't part of upholding the conspiracy?

~D-Draw

scientific research
the furthuring of technology
money (someone paid for it)

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »
scientific research
the furthuring of technology
money (someone paid for it)

What kind of scientific research can be conducted? They're just pictures of peoples' random towns. Why not send sattelites out to other planets (I know they have already, but why not spend more money on those)?
And what does the furthering of technology do if the technology that we're furthering (as in sattelites orbiting Earth with really, really big lenses) don't even help us more than planes can (we can take pictures from the bottoms of planes just as well).
Also, I doubt they'd pull a profit from these photographs of the Earth, unless a conspiracy was trying to cover up something. Think how much it costs to send and maintain all those sattelites up there.

~D-Draw

?

Leo

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »
11th grade is right ...

... and i'm that kind of person that has no fun in life and whose only satisfaction is wasting time on forums ... not to have fun, to convince people i dont even know to the simple fact that the earth is round. I spend a lot of energy in this and i feel insulted if someone doesn't take me serious.
besides, i'm so damn smug for no reason. i like the internet because nobody notices i'm a little fat.

well did i mean myself in the second part?