Sceptimatics theory

• 1903 Replies

g el

• It works, bitches
Re: Sceptimatics theory
« Reply #1140 on: September 17, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
There are 3 or 4 people on this forum that told you they saw saturn, and you called them liars, why would they give you pictures you will just say they were faked, I personally didn't see it / don't own a telescope / don't need to see it to believe what scientists tell me

Well THAT explains a lot!  You give strangers more credit than they deserve.

If you feel sick and go to a doctor, aren't you trusting a stranger? Some people spend their lives studying a field, then they report things from it, these people were not just playing around and making fun of others they were actually studying and reporting I have absolutely no reason not to trust them

« Reply #1141 on: September 18, 2013, 07:43:31 AM »
If you feel sick and go to a doctor, aren't you trusting a stranger? Some people spend their lives studying a field, then they report things from it, these people were not just playing around and making fun of others they were actually studying and reporting I have absolutely no reason not to trust them
Uh, I don't trust everything they tell me, no.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:42:03 AM by EarthIsASpaceship »

« Reply #1142 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »
Show me some proof of your saturn with rings.
1.5 supposed billion miles and you can see it and its rings with a store bought telescope. Hmm.
I know it's ridiculous just by using logic.
Let me put it simply... When things are big, you can see them from larger distance. Saturn is really big, so you can see it from a really large distance. Common sense... And by the way what you describe as "logic" is actually your personal opinion. You think it sounds ridiculous, so you assume it does.
Two major reasons I don't believe the earth is flat;
1. Most of modern science needs to be denied in order for it to work.
2. Sunrise/Sunset.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1143 on: September 18, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
1.5 supposed billion miles and you can see it and its rings with a store bought telescope. Hmm.
Let me put it simply... When things are big, you can see them from larger distance. Saturn is really big, so you can see it from a really large distance. Common sense... And by the way what you describe as "logic" is actually your personal opinion. You think it sounds ridiculous, so you assume it does.
Whatever is in that night sky is reflections. Not humongous planets. Space as you know it is a vacuum, which means it cannot actually exist at all. Just use your logic.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1144 on: September 18, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Whatever is in that night sky is reflections. Not humongous planets. Space as you know it is a vacuum, which means it cannot actually exist at all. Just use your logic.

My logic shows you are incorrect:

1. Scepti posts stuff that makes no sense.
2. Scepti provides nothing but his imagination to support these claims.
3. Scepti's imagination has no sense.
4. Ergo, Scepti's ideas are nonsense.

« Reply #1145 on: September 18, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
May I ask to continue with the accelerating bodies issue? It seems to be a major flaw in your theory.

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #1146 on: September 18, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
I check this thread daily, and I am lost. Can you periodically post what the actual theory is, and where the debate is within the examination of the theory?
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

« Reply #1147 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
Scepti's actual theory is that the earth is the entire universe, it is the inside of an egg, there is an ice dome that acts nothing like ice, and there is literally nothing outside of the 20,000 mile radius from the center of the universe, which is somewhere in the North Pole which is also where the sun is projected from.

Also air pressure is gravity but removing air pressure increases gravity, nothing can exist inside a vacuum except the entirety of the known universe, and any observation or idea that disagrees with Scepti's nonsense cannot be trusted because it wasn't logically thought out, even if it is the actual logical consequence of his postulates.

I think that covers most everything.

« Reply #1148 on: September 19, 2013, 03:45:00 AM »

I'm going to pretend that you're not a troll, and reply to you. You don't understand what logic is. You cannot state something, then insist that logic shows that it's obvious. You have to start with facts that every one agrees with, then use definitions and relationships to work up to a conclusion.

For example:
1. A recent study says that every cigarette increases lung cancer occurrence by 0.1%
2. You smoke
3. Because of 1 and 2, you have an increased 50% chance to get lung cancer
4. Because our goal in life is to live long and prosper, you should stop smoking.

Another example:
1. A Christian believes in Christianity by definition
2. By definition, Christianity is a religion
3. Therefore, a Christian believes in a religion
4. Therefore, a Christian is religious

Your supposed logic:
1. I don't understand science
2. Everyone is lying and my theories that I understand instead must be better

See the difference?

Another piece of your logic:
1. Someone says that they saw Saturn with rings
2. My theories say that Saturn doesn't have rings
3. Therefore, he is lying

Sounds legit... Almost.

In my first example, the initial facts are:
1. The study says that smoking increases cancer risk, and studies are usually right
2. You smoke
3. A main goal in life is to live long, which cancer opposes

Assuming that you DO smoke, everyone agrees with these statements, we can work upwards.
1. Your cancer risk is increasing
2. You are effectively shortening your life
3. You shouldn't smoke

THEN your logic is great and infallible.

The starting facts in your argument is this:
1. The man has seen Saturn with rings
2. Your theory says that Saturn doesn't have rings, or doesn't exist

Your thinking is that you don't really believe in that guy, so 1 becomes "The man claims to have seen Saturn with rings".
Follows your logic, which is actually workable.
1. My theory is more reliable than yours
2. Therefore we should assume that mine is right if they directly conflict

However, you didn't consider the fact that while you don't trust the man's claim, the man doesn't trust your theory. After putting this into consideration, it should be turned to:

1. The man claims to have seen Saturn with rings
2. Your theory claims that Saturn doesn't have rings

The logic following should be:
1. The theories are equally reliable
2. We don't really know which we should trust
3. Therefore we are not sure whether Saturn has rings

However, the problem is that his observation is more reliable than your opinion, because his observation is first, an observation (although he could possible be lying), and his observation is backed up by many other forum members' observations, and a vast library of information and photos.

On the other hand, even if you observed the sky and found no Saturn, and other FE-ers observed no Saturn (all of this on a date where Saturn is supposed to be visible, of course), there would be no vast library of full-sky photos lacking Saturn or documentations of not seeing Saturn when it is supposed to be visible.

Even if somehow you found books and libraries of evidence for a lack of a Saturn, it would still be a debatable topic as you have the same amount of evidence.
The thing that makes things fall is the weight of the object falling.
Wow.

« Reply #1149 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
I am using my logic, which is exactly why I don't believe in your theory (and I'm pretty sure nobody else does either, FE or RE supporter). It's a vacuum so it can't exist?? Ever heard of a vacuum chamber? I think you are misinformed as of what logic means...
2. Sunrise/Sunset.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1150 on: September 19, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »
Scepti's actual theory is that the earth is the entire universe, it is the inside of an egg, there is an ice dome that acts nothing like ice, and there is literally nothing outside of the 20,000 mile radius from the center of the universe, which is somewhere in the North Pole which is also where the sun is projected from.

Also air pressure is gravity but removing air pressure increases gravity, nothing can exist inside a vacuum except the entirety of the known universe, and any observation or idea that disagrees with Scepti's nonsense cannot be trusted because it wasn't logically thought out, even if it is the actual logical consequence of his postulates.

I think that covers most everything.
If you're going to summarise, at least get it right.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1151 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »

I'm going to pretend that you're not a troll, and reply to you. You don't understand what logic is. You cannot state something, then insist that logic shows that it's obvious. You have to start with facts that every one agrees with, then use definitions and relationships to work up to a conclusion.

For example:
1. A recent study says that every cigarette increases lung cancer occurrence by 0.1%
2. You smoke
3. Because of 1 and 2, you have an increased 50% chance to get lung cancer
4. Because our goal in life is to live long and prosper, you should stop smoking.

Another example:
1. A Christian believes in Christianity by definition
2. By definition, Christianity is a religion
3. Therefore, a Christian believes in a religion
4. Therefore, a Christian is religious

Your supposed logic:
1. I don't understand science
2. Everyone is lying and my theories that I understand instead must be better

See the difference?

Another piece of your logic:
1. Someone says that they saw Saturn with rings
2. My theories say that Saturn doesn't have rings
3. Therefore, he is lying

Sounds legit... Almost.

In my first example, the initial facts are:
1. The study says that smoking increases cancer risk, and studies are usually right
2. You smoke
3. A main goal in life is to live long, which cancer opposes

Assuming that you DO smoke, everyone agrees with these statements, we can work upwards.
1. Your cancer risk is increasing
2. You are effectively shortening your life
3. You shouldn't smoke

THEN your logic is great and infallible.

The starting facts in your argument is this:
1. The man has seen Saturn with rings
2. Your theory says that Saturn doesn't have rings, or doesn't exist

Your thinking is that you don't really believe in that guy, so 1 becomes "The man claims to have seen Saturn with rings".
Follows your logic, which is actually workable.
1. My theory is more reliable than yours
2. Therefore we should assume that mine is right if they directly conflict

However, you didn't consider the fact that while you don't trust the man's claim, the man doesn't trust your theory. After putting this into consideration, it should be turned to:

1. The man claims to have seen Saturn with rings
2. Your theory claims that Saturn doesn't have rings

The logic following should be:
1. The theories are equally reliable
2. We don't really know which we should trust
3. Therefore we are not sure whether Saturn has rings

However, the problem is that his observation is more reliable than your opinion, because his observation is first, an observation (although he could possible be lying), and his observation is backed up by many other forum members' observations, and a vast library of information and photos.

On the other hand, even if you observed the sky and found no Saturn, and other FE-ers observed no Saturn (all of this on a date where Saturn is supposed to be visible, of course), there would be no vast library of full-sky photos lacking Saturn or documentations of not seeing Saturn when it is supposed to be visible.

Even if somehow you found books and libraries of evidence for a lack of a Saturn, it would still be a debatable topic as you have the same amount of evidence.
You went a hell of a long way to make stuff up.
I never said anyone was lying. I said that I can't believe that people think they can see this so called saturn at 1.5 billion miles away.
too much faith is put in human eyesight, even with a telescope clamped onto it.
I don't know what it is they see in the sky, all I'm saying is that what they see, is not 1.5 billion miles away and anything they do see is in this atmosphere inside of this dome.

I've asked for pictures and nobody seems to have any that they have taken themselves.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1152 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
I am using my logic, which is exactly why I don't believe in your theory (and I'm pretty sure nobody else does either, FE or RE supporter). It's a vacuum so it can't exist?? Ever heard of a vacuum chamber? I think you are misinformed as of what logic means...
Yes, I've heard of a vacuum chamber. It's a chamber that evacuates air. The problem is, it does not create a true vacuum, because if it did, then it would not exist, which is why space does not exist outside of this dome, yet other earth like domes can exist like we are, but we will never know as we cannot see through a true vacuum.

« Reply #1153 on: September 19, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
]Yes, I've heard of a vacuum chamber. It's a chamber that evacuates air. The problem is, it does not create a true vacuum, because if it did, then it would not exist, which is why space does not exist outside of this dome, yet other earth like domes can exist like we are, but we will never know as we cannot see through a true vacuum.
We can see through a perfect vacuum better than through anything else. Light travels through it unobstructed by molecules. If a perfect vacuum was created in a vacuum chamber the air inside it wouldn't exist, but i see no reason why the chamber itself would disappear.
2. Sunrise/Sunset.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1154 on: September 19, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »
]Yes, I've heard of a vacuum chamber. It's a chamber that evacuates air. The problem is, it does not create a true vacuum, because if it did, then it would not exist, which is why space does not exist outside of this dome, yet other earth like domes can exist like we are, but we will never know as we cannot see through a true vacuum.
We can see through a perfect vacuum better than through anything else. Light travels through it unobstructed by molecules. If a perfect vacuum was created in a vacuum chamber the air inside it wouldn't exist, but i see no reason why the chamber itself would disappear.
Do you agree that a chamber cannot be fully evacuated to create a perfect vacuum and if so, tell me why you think that.
If you think it can be made into a perfect vacuum, then tell me why you think it can.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1155 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
Yes, I've heard of a vacuum chamber. It's a chamber that evacuates air. The problem is, it does not create a true vacuum, because if it did, then it would not exist, which is why space does not exist outside of this dome, yet other earth like domes can exist like we are, but we will never know as we cannot see through a true vacuum.

You keep saying that space can't exist because it's a vacuum and nothing can exist in a vacuum.

2 things:

1. You don't know that space is a true vacuum.
2. You don't know that vacuum's are synonymous with the concept of NOTHING.

« Reply #1156 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »

Please show me light inside a vacuum....that means NO LIGHT coming from outside the vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1157 on: September 19, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

You keep saying that space can't exist because it's a vacuum and nothing can exist in a vacuum.

2 things:

Space does not exist.

What you see, is black. The reason you see black, is because there is nothing there. No existence behind that black.
The reason there is no existence to you, is because your eyes rely on light which can only happen if there is matter.
Matter ends at the dome.
Anything you see against that dome, is "reflected light" from earth.
You cannot and will not accept that space does not exist because your theories rely on space and all of what you have learned, on it being an expanse that hosts a hive of activity, when the reality is, it does not hold anything.
It's like being stood behind a sheet of black paper. You cannot see through it and cannot reach it to try and punch through it to find out what's on the other side.
To you, it's black paper and to a person stood on the opposite side...to them, they are the same as you.
None of you know that the other one is there, because that blackness contains no matter. Nothing that your eyes can see through, yet both of you could be lit up like beacons, either side.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1158 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »

2 things:

Space does not exist.

What you see, is black. The reason you see black, is because there is nothing there. No existence behind that black.
The reason there is no existence to you, is because your eyes rely on light which can only happen if there is matter.
Matter ends at the dome.
You cannot and will not accept that space does not exist because your theories rely on space and all of what you have learned, on it being an expanse that hosts a hive of activity, when the reality is, it does not hold anything.
It's like being stood behind a sheet of black paper. You cannot see through it and cannot reach it to try and punch through it to find out what's on the other side.
To you, it's black paper and to a person stood on the opposite side...to them, they are the same as you.
None of you know that the other one is there, because that blackness contains no matter. Nothing that your eyes can see through, yet both of you could be lit up like beacons, either side.

Interesting story scepti. At least write some fiction around this idea. Could make for some great sci-fi.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1159 on: September 19, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
It's  what I genuinely believe.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1160 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26:08 AM »
It's  what I genuinely believe.

Well I genuinely like the idea. I don't believe in it but yeah, I think it's cool and I genuinely want to see you write a story about this place. Write about it in the way you've been saying. A gov't cover-up that somehow gets exposed and so on... I dunno, it's yours, get to work.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:31:08 AM by rottingroom »

« Reply #1161 on: September 19, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »
Space does not exist.

Matter ends at the dome.
So, when I look at the blackness of the sky, am I seeing  through the dome? This wouldn't work, since according to yourself the dome is reflective. more questions:
1. unless pressure works different for you, an iron ball with 1cm of diameter and an equal osmium ball should weight the same, since force due to pressure depends on the surface area of the object. Clearly they do not. How?
2. If the sun is a reflection of something on earth, how can we not feel the heat source here, but can feel it coming from the sun (I'm assuming the dome is big)?
3. I may have missed it, but are stars  reflections of common stuff, like city lights? Or is there a light source somewhere on earth that's responsible for all the reflections we see on the dome?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1162 on: September 19, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Quote from: spaceman spiff
So, when I look at the blackness of the sky, am I seeing  through the dome? This wouldn't work, since according to yourself the dome is reflective. more questions:
No, you are seeing the blackness of the dome itself where it ends. You cannot see through it.

1. unless pressure works different for you, an iron ball with 1cm of diameter and an equal osmium ball should weight the same, since force due to pressure depends on the surface area of the object. Clearly they do not. How?
Why should they weigh the same. They are different densities and hardness.

2. If the sun is a reflection of something on earth, how can we not feel the heat source here, but can feel it coming from the sun (I'm assuming the dome is big)?
The heat source is like a super microwave deep in the centre that has it's super heat focused on the dome. Think of it like a super torch that has its beam focused on one spot.
We won't feel anything directly on earth, we just see the effects of the sun , as in volcanoes and geysers and such like.

3. I may have missed it, but are stars  reflections of common stuff, like city lights? Or is there a light source somewhere on earth that's responsible for all the reflections we see on the dome?
No they are not city lights, they stars are simply the earth suns reflections through crystals that are resonating around the centre, creating a sort of fibre optic type point of light. Think of the crystals like pyramid type shapes .

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #1163 on: September 19, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
Because the air pressure acting on the two objects will be the same.
If air pressure is what's causing objects to fall, then why don't objects in a partial vacuum fall slower as the forces will be smaller? Why doesn't air pressure exert any force on the underside of an object? What evidence do you have to support your claim?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1164 on: September 19, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
Why isn't it always day?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1165 on: September 19, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
Because the air pressure acting on the two objects will be the same.
If air pressure is what's causing objects to fall, then why don't objects in a partial vacuum fall slower as the forces will be smaller? Why doesn't air pressure exert any force on the underside of an object? What evidence do you have to support your claim?
Anything denser than what is underneath it, will fall through it.
For instance: If I throw a stone up into the air, I am throwing that stone into an alien environment as it's against it's natural resting  place in earths' sandwich layer, so it will come back down through the less dense molecules it was thrown up against.
If I was to extract helium from the denser molecules and released the helium, it will take its natural place into the atmosphere.

It's nothing to do with gravity. It's merely the density of each and every molecule and at sea level, those molecules contain a lot of elements that are trapped inside of them which get released with temperature change.
Air pressure  exerts a resistance under an object, but only compression of molecules under the weight/mass and size  of the object pushing against it.
The smaller and denser the object,  the less compressed the air underneath and the easier the object falls.
If you tried the same thing with a large flat 8x4 foot piece of plyboard dropped flat side down, you will see that it compressed a larger area of air which gives out a far greater resistance. enough to cushion it to the ground.
Gravity is only required when the bull crap of space is mentioned, plus a rotating nonsensical globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1166 on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
Why isn't it always day?
Can you elaborate on this?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1167 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
Why isn't it always day?

Well first allow me to ask where is the reflection of the sun during a sunset.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1168 on: September 19, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
Why isn't it always day?

It loses a lot it's reflective properties as it drops down the dome into thicker atmosphere and cannot  reflect it's full light onto the other side of the circle, so we see it as a dimmer light that disappears slowly down the dome.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #1169 on: September 19, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
Why isn't it always day?

It loses a lot it's reflective properties as it drops down the dome into thicker atmosphere and cannot  reflect it's full light onto the other side of the circle, so we see it as a dimmer light that disappears slowly down the dome.

So it isn't always on the higher part of the dome? Sometimes it hits like the sides of the dome right?