New to this forum,

• 46 Replies
New to this forum,
« on: July 03, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »
Team,
Many Greetings!
The question I have is this,
NASA, must have a "Dark Room" a team of researchers ++ inventing this shit up -- then through the media and other resources the fake data gets disbursed around the media whores and then disseminated to the Networks and tabloids.

Who is this organization ? Please do not say NASA, as they get the feeds from JPL and other sources too! There HAS to be a subsidiary to NASA that creates all this stuff up.

Not all the scientists around the world are fake......they are being fed the same crap as we are but to a different degree, as they have internal processes and contacts which would provide them greater access to either real data or fake.

I am also a believer of a Flat Earth team, but that takes "Science" back a step or two as "Relevance of Religion" resumes. We are special to be created on this Earth, bring forth the truth,

Rich

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: New to this forum,
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »
Team,
Many Greetings!
NASA, must have a "Dark Room" a team of researchers ++ inventing this shit up -- then through the media and other resources the fake data gets disbursed around the media whores and then disseminated to the Networks and tabloids.

Who is this organization ? Please do not say NASA, as they get the feeds from JPL and other sources too! There HAS to be a subsidiary to NASA that creates all this stuff up.

Not all the scientists around the world are fake......they are being fed the same crap as we are but to a different degree, as they have internal processes and contacts which would provide them greater access to either real data or fake.

I am also a believer of a Flat Earth team, but that takes "Science" back a step or two as "Relevance of Religion" resumes. We are special to be created on this Earth, bring forth the truth,

Rich
I think its well enough done that folks don't know they are even helping in such an effort. Take Mr. Blue Marble. He thinks he's taking legitimate satellite data and stitching it together to show a round earth despite it appearing flat from the data.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
Team,
Many Greetings!

Rich
I think its well enough done that folks don't know they are even helping in such an effort. Take Mr. Blue Marble. He thinks he's taking legitimate satellite data and stitching it together to show a round earth despite it appearing flat from the data.
How does the data show a flat earth?

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »
Team,
Many Greetings!

Rich
Where's you evidence, prove that the raw image data shows that the earth is flat.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
And YOU don't believe in "The Conspiracy"?
This is not from NASA, try Japan Meteorological Agency!
Very useful if you kive in Australia!

With infra-red and false colour, it's dark here now! On July 3rd, 2016 at 12:30 UTC
Satellite imagery from the Himawari series of geostationary meteorological satellite.

And here's another those crafty Japanese just prepared "just for me"!

Himawari Geostationary Meteorological Satellite taken July 4, 00:00 UTC
It is now 10:17 EAST, ie 00:17 UTC.  ;) Swift workers aren't they!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:04:41 PM by rabinoz »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:47:33 PM »
Team,
Many Greetings!

Rich
JPL is the "JET" propulsion laboratory which means it's not the "rocket" propulsion laboratory, which is weird when they apparently deal in "rockets" getting to mars and every effing where else, apparently, yet use "JET" propulsion laboratory as their name when JET propulsion is apparently different to how SPACE rockets work, we are told.

There are no dark rooms anymore. It's blatant in your face, in the LIGHT, bullshit.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 04:59:19 AM »
JPL is the "JET" propulsion laboratory which means it's not the "rocket" propulsion laboratory, which is weird when they apparently deal in "rockets" getting to mars and every effing where else, apparently, yet use "JET" propulsion laboratory as their name when JET propulsion is apparently different to how SPACE rockets work, we are told.

There are no dark rooms anymore. It's blatant in your face, in the LIGHT, bullshit.
JPL pre-dates NASA, but it is now a "NASA" facility, though almost all of its staff are Caltech employees. Now for the name:
Quote from: Kim Aaron, Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer who's work at JPL since 1985.
What exactly is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)?
Actually, JPL grew on the site where some Caltech researchers did some early rocket propulsion research.  They were sent into the deserted hills a few miles away[1] from campus where they couldn't hurt anyone but themselves.  It developed into an army facility for a while and they developed jet-assisted take-off (JATO) bottles to shorten the runway needed to get airplanes airborne.  Despite their name, these JATO's were really rockets.  JPL converted to a NASA facility when NASA was formed.  The name, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, really should have been Rocket Propulsion Laboratory because the work back then dealt with rockets.  But rockets were too science-fictiony so "Jet" was used as a euphemism for "Rocket."
From What exactly is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)?.    Yes, there is a simple and logical explanation.

But now, JPL does so much develop "rockets", but payloads, such as satellites and spacecraft for inter-planetry missions etc.

Then you claim "There are no dark rooms anymore."  Not true! So don't get so uppity at someone suggesting that there are!
There are plenty of darkrooms still in use. Some purist photographers still insist that film is "best",
Just as some Audiophiles insist that vacuum tubes and vinyl records are better than solid-state and digital (CDs or DVDs).

[1]  :) He "conveniently" leaves out that this was forced onon them to ensure the safety of Caltech after they had an explosion!  :)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 05:57:02 AM »

JPL pre-dates NASA, but it is now a "NASA" facility, though almost all of its staff are Caltech employees. Now for the name:
Quote from: Kim Aaron, Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer who's work at JPL since 1985.
What exactly is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)?
Actually, JPL grew on the site where some Caltech researchers did some early rocket propulsion research.  They were sent into the deserted hills a few miles away[1] from campus where they couldn't hurt anyone but themselves.  It developed into an army facility for a while and they developed jet-assisted take-off (JATO) bottles to shorten the runway needed to get airplanes airborne.  Despite their name, these JATO's were really rockets.  JPL converted to a NASA facility when NASA was formed.  The name, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, really should have been Rocket Propulsion Laboratory because the work back then dealt with rockets.  But rockets were too science-fictiony so "Jet" was used as a euphemism for "Rocket."
From What exactly is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)?.    Yes, there is a simple and logical explanation.

But now, JPL does so much develop "rockets", but payloads, such as satellites and spacecraft for inter-planetry missions etc.

Then you claim "There are no dark rooms anymore."  Not true! So don't get so uppity at someone suggesting that there are!
There are plenty of darkrooms still in use. Some purist photographers still insist that film is "best",
Just as some Audiophiles insist that vacuum tubes and vinyl records are better than solid-state and digital (CDs or DVDs).

[1]  :) He "conveniently" leaves out that this was forced onon them to ensure the safety of Caltech after they had an explosion!  :)
I don't expect people like you to see what a load of old fanny all that is. I fully expect people like you to sing the praises of bullshit artists, because you are one yourself.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 08:51:37 AM »
I fully expect people like you to sing the praises of bullshit artists, because you are one yourself.

Ahem...  Cough Cough...   have you looked in the mirror lately?

Why would just about every university in the world be involved in such a conspiracy?   What would they gain by being involved? 

I know more that a few academics who would like nothing better than to get "one-up" on their colleagues,  if anything in space research was part of a conspiracy or faked somehow it would be "outed"  in less time than it takes to count the stars in the solar system.

Sad truth is the flat earthers are just too emotionally invested in their conspiracy world view to see the reality.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
I fully expect people like you to sing the praises of bullshit artists, because you are one yourself.

Why would just about every university in the world be involved in such a conspiracy?   What would they gain by being involved? 

I know more that a few academics who would like nothing better than to get "one-up" on their colleagues,  if anything in space research was part of a conspiracy or faked somehow it would be "outed"  in less time than it takes to count the stars in the solar system.

Sad truth is the flat earthers are just too emotionally invested in their conspiracy world view to see the reality.
Do universities fly rockets into space from campus? Nah, didn't think so. So tell me how they have to be in on anything.
All they need to be in on, is studying the pure shite that's fed to them, unbeknown to them that they are actually subscribing to shite.
It's not that flat Earth theorists or alternate Earth theorists are emotionally invested in a conspiracy, it's more to the point of seeing blatant clap trap for what it is and merely questioning it.
The emotional part comes, not from us but from the likes of you that are waiting in the wings to pipe in, shouting, " no no, you're wrong, it's all real and we know for a fact and you lot are nutters, so there."

Accept it, Geoff.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 09:35:53 AM »

Do universities fly rockets into space from campus? Nah, didn't think so. So tell me how they have to be in on anything.
All they need to be in on, is studying the pure shite that's fed to them, unbeknown to them that they are actually subscribing to shite.
It's not that flat Earth theorists or alternate Earth theorists are emotionally invested in a conspiracy, it's more to the point of seeing blatant clap trap for what it is and merely questioning it.
The emotional part comes, not from us but from the likes of you that are waiting in the wings to pipe in, shouting, " no no, you're wrong, it's all real and we know for a fact and you lot are nutters, so there."

Accept it, Geoff.

The reality is that I work with satellite systems on a regular basis,   and yes,  "you lot are all nutters, so there"   just about sums it up. 

NASA,  JPL,  ESA,  and  all the others work with universities all the time,   the fact that you don't know this is not a total surprise.   

I could point you to any number of research projects,  but instead I propose a challenge for you,  what is your nearest  university?   Let's find a research project where you can go and talk face to face with the people doing the research,  after you do that,  come back and tell me if you still think space is all faked.   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 09:53:11 AM »
The reality is that I work with satellite systems on a regular basis,   and yes,  "you lot are all nutters, so there"   just about sums it up. 
Tuning in a GPS in your car does not constitute working with satellites.
NASA,  JPL,  ESA,  and  all the others work with universities all the time,   the fact that you don't know this is not a total surprise.

A clown used to come to our school when I was just a kid in stinking ammonia smelling short pants. He was presented to us as a real clown. Little did we know that when it was all over at m y school, he would piss off and get washed. He could have came back at any times after that and none of us would have believed that was the man who played the clown.
There's a thought in there if you can wake up.

I could point you to any number of research projects,  but instead I propose a challenge for you,  what is your nearest  university?   Let's find a research project where you can go and talk face to face with the people doing the research,  after you do that,  come back and tell me if you still think space is all faked.
When I was at school I came face to face with a clown. I was told he was a real clown. I now know he wasn't really a real clown.
At the time I believed he was and I would have still believed it if nobody told me otherwise.
Later on in life I might have questioned whether he was real. Imagine if people like you swore he was real and even said you'd worked with real clowns. I'd be a right nutter for questioning it all, wouldn't I?  :P

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
Tuning in a GPS in your car does not constitute working with satellites.

A clown used to come to our school when I was just a kid in stinking ammonia smelling short pants. He was presented to us as a real clown. Little did we know that when it was all over at m y school, he would piss off and get washed. He could have came back at any times after that and none of us would have believed that was the man who played the clown.
There's a thought in there if you can wake up.

When I was at school I came face to face with a clown. I was told he was a real clown. I now know he wasn't really a real clown.
At the time I believed he was and I would have still believed it if nobody told me otherwise.
Later on in life I might have questioned whether he was real. Imagine if people like you swore he was real and even said you'd worked with real clowns. I'd be a right nutter for questioning it all, wouldn't I?  :P

You have your own personal version of reality,   I get it.   And whether you believe me or not I respect that,   doesn't stop me from pointing out the flaws in your world view however.

Most of the rest of us live in the real world,  you should come and visit sometime, you'd find it a real eye-opener.  We have real clowns too,  we call them politicians.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
Universities may not launch the rockets into space, but some universities do get their satellites launched into orbit.
http://spaceref.com/onorbit/successful-deployment-of-university-satellites-from-space-station.html
https://cusat.cornell.edu/
https://iaaweb.org/content/view/630/833/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »

Accept it, Geoff.
Papa, alts are against the rules, you should be banned.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »
Team,
Many Greetings!

Rich
Where's you evidence, prove that the raw image data shows that the earth is flat.

Well, he certainly did say so:

The hard part was creating a flat map of the Earth’s surface with four months’ of satellite data. Reto Stockli, now at the Swiss Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology, did much of this work. Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space.

Clearly he was handed down a flat map. His part was to make the "data" match "people's expectations." Not to display accurate data but to play graphic designer and make a pleasing ad. I don't know where this nonsense saying the data shows its flat comes from. I never claimed any such thing. Data is only defined by its context. It can equally well show its flat or round. You act like there would be a noticeable difference in the empirical data. I think its far more likely people will start realizing the empirical data can evidence both sides of the argument. So certainly the evidence will support whichever theory its framed within.

Aside, Why work inwardly, create ourselves bottlenecks, and downwardly - if instead we could function like a net of modular knowledge.

When Galileo and Copernicus pushed the round earth myth, did they have an empirical difference? No, Galileo's thought experiments and dialogues showed more often than not the data is out the window. Its about the paradigm shift. Galileo's work was about as Einstein put it kinda like 'explanation, not accuracy." Certainly, much of Einstein's work followed similar suit.

Otherwise... what a small universe we live in. Might as well stop here, and say we know everything.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:34:10 PM by John Davis »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 01:11:38 PM »

The hard part was creating a flat map of the Earth’s surface with four months’ of satellite data. Reto Stockli, now at the Swiss Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology, did much of this work. Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space.

Clearly he was handed down a flat map. His part was to make the "data" match "people's expectations."
John, I think that you highlighted the wrong sentence.  Clearly the first sentence says that satellite data was used to make a flat map. One would think that it should be easy to make a flat map from flat satellite data.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »

Clearly he was handed down a flat map. His part was to make the "data" match "people's expectations."
John, I think that you highlighted the wrong sentence.  Clearly the first sentence says that satellite data was used to make a flat map. One would think that it should be easy to make a flat map from flat satellite data.
I most certainly did not. Why take round data, make it flat, then make it round again? What a ridiculous notion.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »

I most certainly did not. Why take round data, make it flat, then make it round again? What a ridiculous notion.
Why would he claim that making a flat map out of flat satellite data was the hard part?  It seems to me that it would be the easy part.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
He did not. The hard part was making a flat map out of four months of satellite data. As he said.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
Universities may not launch the rockets into space, but some universities do get their satellites launched into orbit.
http://spaceref.com/onorbit/successful-deployment-of-university-satellites-from-space-station.html
It's a good job I know you're only here to take the piss and you don't believe the crap you spout.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »
It's a good job I know you're only here to take the piss and you don't believe the crap you spout.
If you can't refute it, then just deny it, right Scepti?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »
If you can't physically prove it then just say it's true anyway, right markjo?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 04:03:08 PM »
Are you saying that if you can't physically prove it then it can't be true?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:20 PM »
Team,
Many Greetings!

Rich

I just noticed your imagination going wild about the "Blue Marble"!

Do you mean this one with the repeated clouds.

est pas la Terre, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Reto Stöckli and Robert Simmon
Even my (many decades old) lycée français can translate "est pas la Terre".

I suppose you have read who created at least the one with "repeated clouds etc", how and why!
The guy who created the iPhone’s Earth image explains why he needed to fake it.
You cannot take full hemisphere photos from LEO satellites! DSCVR dos it fine! DSCOVR:EPIC, Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera

But did NASA claim it was a single photo of earth?

You claim! "Mr. Blue Marble. He thinks he's taking legitimate satellite data and stitching it together to show a round earth despite it appearing flat from the data."

NOT QUITE! He knew quite weel he was using data recorded over 4 months from a polar orbiting satellite.

A bit more in: Robert Simmon - AKA Mr. Blue Marble

Photo of Robert Simmon in front of the "Blue Marble." Credit: NASA/W. Hrybyk

There have been a number of cases of NASAphobes claiming NASA has deceived the world again! Yet when we look into the "evidence" NASA themselves state exactly how the picture was produced! These tactics are downright dishonest!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »
Are you saying that if you can't physically prove it then it can't be true?
No. What I'm saying is, you will believe anything regardless of whether it's proven physically for you, because you simply believe or pretend to believe anything that follows the supposed mainstream science.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »
That supposed real Earth from the distant satellite shows a central spotlight effect. Why?
Has the supposed 93 million mile sun suddenly decided to concentrate all of it's light onto a small area?  ::)

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 01:54:59 AM »
That supposed real Earth from the distant satellite shows a central spotlight effect. Why?
Has the supposed 93 million mile sun suddenly decided to concentrate all of it's light onto a small area?  ::)
What are you talking about?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 02:00:41 AM »
I don't know exactly what picture you refer to, but.
You might have heard that water (the Pacific Ocean) does reflect light, there'll be a bit of specular reflection even with waves!
And the earth is a globe not a flat surface, so the central region will be brighter even from that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 03:05:27 AM »
I don't know exactly what picture you refer to, but.
You might have heard that water (the Pacific Ocean) does reflect light, there'll be a bit of specular reflection even with waves!
And the earth is a globe not a flat surface, so the central region will be brighter even from that.
The entire  Earth should be bathed from a 850,000 mile diameter so called sun, not just a frigging spotlight reflection.
The whole thing is a silly mock up and there's no hiding from that fact.