Eclipses on other planets

• 11 Replies
?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
Eclipses on other planets
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:37:35 AM »
Are eclipses possible on other planets in FE the sun has it's own sun shield?

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
Re: Eclipses on other planets
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:51:45 AM »
Space Cowgirl why did you delete all of my posts because you don't know the answer?

Macarios

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:16:33 AM »
Space Cowgirl why did you delete all of my posts because you don't know the answer?

It was because you were repeating yourself.
Your question will no FE answer, because they don't admit that other planets exist in their present form.
They insist that planets are "wandering stars".
Stars are punctures in the velvet of the dome, and wandering stars (planets) are ... well, I don't know.
Maybe well trained fireflies, or punctures in waving parts of the dome, or something like that.
Some of them even denied phases of Venus.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:18:45 AM »
Wait they are that dumb.

If you have a small cheap telescope you can easily observe the phases of Venus. And planets aren't wandering stars.

Macarios

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:54:05 AM »
Wait they are that dumb.

If you have a small cheap telescope you can easily observe the phases of Venus. And planets aren't wandering stars.

In Flat Earth movement the main problem is denial.
Not only on this forum.
From time to time things here are pretty moderate.
Elsewhere could be even worse.
But high percentage of Flat Earthers still try to act (or at least look) civilised most of the time.

You can present them with the simplest and most obvious set of proof, they will deny it.
It is not question of facts and figures.
They stubbornly run away from the truth.
Their belief is a matter of their "strength in faith" and has nothing to do with general or even basic knowledge.

Math and other sciences are "devil's business".
If they can, they will twist facts, giving alternative "explanation" for all they could.
(Not to speak of total inconsistency of all those "explanations" when you try to incorporate them in one, single model.)
If they can't, they will sweep them under the carpet, and if they can't that either, they will call the whole world bunch of liars and conspirators.

Their problem is not in lack of understanding of physics, astronomy, navigation, geodesy, meteorology, telecommunications, Space exploration and other exact disciplines.
Their problem is in psychology, with roots in religion misinterpretations, and in work of mainly two charlatans: "Dr" Samuel Birley Rowbotham, and soon Wilbur Glenn Voliva.
(Voliva was FE tyrant in Zion, Illinois, and gained significant amount of money from it.)
Their tool is mostly cherry-picking, (failed) discrediting, and sometimes sparks of other types of attack.

Recent rebirth of Flat Earth movement was strongly supported by new wave of charlatans:
YouTubers that twist and juggle with "facts" (and add their own) to muddy the water and increase views and subscriptions for single main reason: money.
And with it probably for possibility to get "famous" in the minds of their naive victims.

Purpose of revealing facts here most likely would be not to let naive newbies, mainly kids, to fall for FE deception.
Unless they really want to on purpose.
There you can't help.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:57:24 AM by Macarios »

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 05:57:02 AM »
Well said, Sir.

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
I think I won the argument. The Earth is round! 
The FE are the most ignorant people to be alive. They will even ignore the thing that you can easily see with your own naked eyes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 04:39:22 AM »
Wait they are that dumb.

In Flat Earth movement the main problem is denial.
Not only on this forum.
From time to time things here are pretty moderate.
Elsewhere could be even worse.
But high percentage of Flat Earthers still try to act (or at least look) civilised most of the time.

I doubt that even the flat earthers here know much about the planetary model in their own "Wiki"!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Flat Earth Wiki entry for
Retrograde Motion
Q. Why do the planets retrograde in the sky?

A. Retrograde motion occurs from the fact that the planets are revolving around the sun while the sun itself moves around the hub of the earth. This particular path the planets take makes it appear as if several of them make a loop along their journeys across the night sky.

I seriously doubt that any of actual information came from Flat Earth sources. The diagram of planetary orbits is simply a slight variation of the Tychonian System, and Tycho Brahe was certainly no flat earther, though his system is a modified geocentric one.

Macarios

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 05:12:23 AM »
It means looking from the Equator the orbital plane of the Venus is vertical,
and looking from England the same orbital plane is tilted by 45 degrees.
Interesting concept.
LOL

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 05:39:11 AM »
It means looking from the Equator the orbital plane of the Venus is vertical,
and looking from England the same orbital plane is tilted by 45 degrees.
Interesting concept.
LOL
And by that logic Venus transits are impossible.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »

FE's say that the earth is not a planet.
FE's say that planets do not exist.
If there are no other planets, of course there are no eclipses.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »

FE's say that the earth is not a planet.
FE's say that planets do not exist.
If there are no other planets, of course there are no eclipses.
Yet their own Wiki clearly presents planetary orbits as I showed in, Re: Eclipses on other planets « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 10:39:22 PM »
Go figure?

The FAQ contains no such information, but contains:
What Is Some Of The Evidence You Have?
There are several readily apparent proofs of the planets flatness. The horizon always rises to meet eye level - which is impossible on a ball earth. The surfaces of bodies of water has been shown to be level. If the Earth was a Globe, this would not be the case. There is no visible curvature to the horizon even from airplanes. We don't even have a full shot of the Earth rotating from space! One almost has to ask - is there any real evidence the Earth is a Globe?
Where some statements are demonstrably untrue:
  • The horizon always rises to meet eye level - no it does not!
  • The surfaces of bodies of water has been shown to be level - no it hasn't, even from historical times in the "13th century treatise on astronomy, by Iohannes de Sacrobosco."
  • There is no visible curvature to the horizon even from airplanes - which is quite incorrect, though it is very slight.
Sorry, I got side-tracked and didn't intend to de-rail the thread from the "impossible eclipses" that are actually observed, as in:

Hubble Spots Rare Triple Eclipse on Jupiter (2004.03.28), djxatlanta