FET approach

• 32 Replies
Re: FET approach
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »
I never thought about this but your statement is glaringly and beautifully accurate.  I agree passionately.  Hey, I'm new here and because of this, I want to come in here blasting out questions like "What about seasons, difference in daylight and sun's path across the sky, for God's sake the old "ship's mast appears over the horizon before the rest of it?" but I KNOW FE'rs have "answers" to these questions.  What is considered appropriate as far as posing questions and/or "flaming"?  I just want to have a debate with one FE'r at a time I guess, but the threads seem to diverge quickly...

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 11:50:19 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=49604.msg1218238#msg1218238

This was my latest attempt, a simple question, followed by zero answers.  If you make a mistake in either generating your question, or wording it, they will jump on it on the topic of semantics, but besides that, you will never see any content in answers to a good question
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
I never thought about this but your statement is glaringly and beautifully accurate.  I agree passionately.  Hey, I'm new here and because of this, I want to come in here blasting out questions like "What about seasons, difference in daylight and sun's path across the sky, for God's sake the old "ship's mast appears over the horizon before the rest of it?" but I KNOW FE'rs have "answers" to these questions.  What is considered appropriate as far as posing questions and/or "flaming"?  I just want to have a debate with one FE'r at a time I guess, but the threads seem to diverge quickly...

I would suggest that you read their FAQ and then pose a question based on the answer they give.