I am woke and want equality for all
I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 2215 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #2160 on: February 22, 2024, 10:40:34 AM »
But is the Earth really worth saving if it's full of transgendered people?

God will clense the earth of sinners via global warming.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #2161 on: February 22, 2024, 10:51:38 AM »
Single issue of death of the planet is a big deal

Earth is too big to fail.

by earth, i mean the people on earth.
'earth' will be fine.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2162 on: February 22, 2024, 10:59:25 AM »
I know, you all learned to make fun of everything from Jon Stewart. Anyway, trans is a good way to decrease the population since it's hard to make babies when you have your nutsack hollowed out and inverted, or your ovaries shrivel up and die from testosterone. Depopulation is the only thing that will save the planet from climate change.

Once again, I have to doubt that the words Jura reads and the words I read are the same -

“I’m the only candidate on stage who isn’t bought and paid for, so I can say this — the climate change agenda is a hoax,” he said.

The agenda is a hoax.

If "the science" is important, shouldn't it all be important? If you know they are lying about one branch of science, why do you expect people to trust them when they support the science you care about?

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2163 on: February 22, 2024, 11:43:07 AM »
i actually find john stewart's sarcasm annoying

but that said

just because he says things doesn't mean we can't agree with it and if we agree with it doesn't mean we blindly follow it.
people can agree on things.
the problem is when asked "why do you agree with XYZ"
and the repsonse is a deadeye blankness?

then yes..
you are a sheep.
you are a parrot.

defeat the lib/conservative with nothing but your witts, and your series 7 deatomizer!

any stance should be stanceable beyond the firsrt pass questions.
it should be able to withstand scrutiny.

and bonus points for withstanding scrotumy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 12:47:03 PM by Themightykabool »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2164 on: February 22, 2024, 12:23:25 PM »

Well, (deep breath) Biden rejoined rejoined the Paris climate agreement that Trump had torn up and cancelled the Keystone pipeline permit that Trump had given, who had also cancelled the requirement for oil and gas companies to report methane emissions amongst a whole raft of repealed Obama legislations on toxic emissions.

He (Trump) also finalized a plan to allow oil and gas development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, a move that overturns six decades of protections for the largest remaining stretch of wilderness in the United States.

He cut critical habitat for the northern spotted owl by more than three million acres in Washington state, Oregon and Northern California, opening up the land to timber harvesting.

He rejected a proposed ban on chlorpyrifos, a pesticide linked to developmental disabilities in children. Something that is banned all across the EU and UK.

Repealed an Obama-era regulation that would have nearly doubled the number of light bulbs subject to energy-efficiency standards starting in January 2020. The Energy Department also blocked the next phase of efficiency standards for general-purpose bulbs already subject to regulation.

Reversed restrictions on the sale of plastic water bottles in national parks designed to cut down on litter, despite a Park Service report that the effort worked.

Stopped enforcing a 2015 rule that prohibited the use of hydrofluorocarbons, powerful greenhouse gases, in air-conditioners and refrigerators.

Ended an Occupational Safety and Health Administration program to reduce risks of workers developing the lung disease silicosis by making it easier to conduct proactive workplace inspections.

If you need to see more of the difference between the two parties there are over 100 of them here; https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

These were all deliberate watering down protections not only for the environment but your children and workers that had only one benefit, that of profits for the businesses involved.

And I can honestly say John Stewart isn't on my radar.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2165 on: February 22, 2024, 12:50:46 PM »
One of the more damaging things left from the Trump era is the supreme court.  There's a case they're working on this year where they'll decide whether or not regulating agencies have the power to regulate.

A sane supreme court would probably rule in favor of the regulators.  But we have a 6-3 conservative supermajority.

But maybe things are overstated.  After the agencies can really only advise I'm sure the corporations will accept that advice and act on it accordingly even when it reduces profits.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2166 on: February 22, 2024, 12:57:20 PM »
scotus was before trump era...

but yes
was topped up by the trump era
although i wouldn't say it's trumps.

people keep saying trumpappointedjudges like that man knew wtf was going on.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2167 on: February 22, 2024, 01:10:40 PM »
The point is this notion that Democrats and Republicans have no meaningful difference is demonstrably false.  If Hillary won in 2016 there wouldn't be the possibility of blowing up the power to regulate emissions.  But since Trump we have to worry about this sort of stuff.

Now in 2024 we have a similar situation.  Half the supreme court is over 70.  Whoever wins the presidency gets to pick any possible replacements.  If Trump wins he'll replace any vacancies with more lunatics from the Federalist Society.  This difference alone is a meaningful distinction between the two choices.

« Reply #2168 on: February 22, 2024, 01:45:51 PM »
oh yes
i agree
but that's why trump needs to win
the lunatics need to be completely dismantled through their own actions.
no more dems to clean up the mess.
let the repubs have all the control and pass all the laws they want.
it will be glorious.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2169 on: February 22, 2024, 01:50:37 PM »
The accelerationist argument then.  There's a couple of problems I have with that.

1.  Things have to get really bad for that to make sense.  Maybe it makes sense in Argentina.  We're nowhere near Argentina levels of bad.  Not even close.

2.  This only works if we still have a democracy.

« Reply #2170 on: February 22, 2024, 02:27:49 PM »
it didn't get better after trump lost
it didn't get better after trump lost again
it didn't get better after trump lost recently
and i doubt it will get better after trump loses again.

and it's not just trump
it's the republican assholes who run cover for him as well.
the carrier brown nosers who have shown they have zero honour or integrity by jumping on every handgrenade this moron drops on himself as he farts his way through life.

we don't have a democracy
it's been a slow death for 40yrs.
we have a shadowgov't that is able to buy politicians and media.
the DNC has super delegates to block bernie.
the pelosi-andnewpelosi will send money to primary any dissentors who don't fall in line.
there's insider trading
there's dark money (sen whitehouse for whitehouse!)
there's an unelected scotus puppet ruling from the bench.

we can't eat cake no more!
viva la revolution!
democracy will be returned through undemocratic methods.

in short
the magahat morons will only come to their senses when they learn to turn on trump.
they will only turn on trump when they have no one left to blame - when they become the scape goat.

canada has a history of welcoming american refugees.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-votes/i-m-not-comfortable-living-here-more-americans-did-actually-try-to-move-to-canada-since-trump-s-2016-election-1.5064819

https://globalnews.ca/news/4396938/move-to-canada-donald-trump/

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/161118_immigration.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&strip=all

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/161118_immigration.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&strip=all

« Reply #2171 on: February 22, 2024, 02:29:59 PM »
hahah there's a blip when obama became president

you guys really don't like black people that much that you'd move to canada?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2172 on: February 22, 2024, 03:27:21 PM »
I suppose it depends on what you mean by "better".

If you think in vitro fertilization is an abomination unto God then things are going fantastically.

Lorddave

« Reply #2173 on: February 22, 2024, 03:34:46 PM »
The whole 'let them destroy themselves' sounds great until you realize that they won't.  They'll just fragment.  Democrats stop existing.  Now its only right and far right who fight.  Then whoever wins splinters from there until America is basically 'The Handmaiden's Tale'.

But that requires the entire liberal half to either stop being liberals, die, or have no power.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2174 on: February 22, 2024, 03:37:47 PM »
Or say "both sides are equally bad so why bother", fold our arms and do nothing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2175 on: February 22, 2024, 03:51:27 PM »
Most of the liberal half aren't liberals at all. That is the problem with the US left! They no longer care about the liberal values our country was founded on (yes, I know the country wasn't very liberal to begin with, but it's a work in progress).

The Republican party went bonkers after Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin, MGT, Boebert, Trump, etc. Now they are frozen in fear of pissing off Trump fans if any one dares disagree with him. Any sane voices in the party are drowned out by retarted frozen embryos.

The Democratic party went bonkers after Trump/COVID. Wear a mask at all times (except BLM riots for some reason), ANTIFA, fentanyl zombies (harm reduction does not work), double mastectomies for teenage girls, drag queens twerking for toddlers, etc etc.

We're fucking doomed.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2176 on: February 22, 2024, 04:52:27 PM »

The reason Biden won't do interviews.

« Reply #2177 on: February 22, 2024, 06:00:36 PM »
The whole 'let them destroy themselves' sounds great until you realize that they won't.  They'll just fragment.  Democrats stop existing.  Now its only right and far right who fight.  Then whoever wins splinters from there until America is basically 'The Handmaiden's Tale'.

But that requires the entire liberal half to either stop being liberals, die, or have no power.

Go michigan go

Maga becomes official 3rd partty

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #2178 on: February 23, 2024, 01:01:09 AM »

Well, (deep breath) Biden rejoined rejoined the Paris climate agreement that Trump had torn up and cancelled the Keystone pipeline permit that Trump had given, who had also cancelled the requirement for oil and gas companies to report methane emissions amongst a whole raft of repealed Obama legislations on toxic emissions.

He (Trump) also finalized a plan to allow oil and gas development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, a move that overturns six decades of protections for the largest remaining stretch of wilderness in the United States.

He cut critical habitat for the northern spotted owl by more than three million acres in Washington state, Oregon and Northern California, opening up the land to timber harvesting.

He rejected a proposed ban on chlorpyrifos, a pesticide linked to developmental disabilities in children. Something that is banned all across the EU and UK.

Repealed an Obama-era regulation that would have nearly doubled the number of light bulbs subject to energy-efficiency standards starting in January 2020. The Energy Department also blocked the next phase of efficiency standards for general-purpose bulbs already subject to regulation.

Reversed restrictions on the sale of plastic water bottles in national parks designed to cut down on litter, despite a Park Service report that the effort worked.

Stopped enforcing a 2015 rule that prohibited the use of hydrofluorocarbons, powerful greenhouse gases, in air-conditioners and refrigerators.

Ended an Occupational Safety and Health Administration program to reduce risks of workers developing the lung disease silicosis by making it easier to conduct proactive workplace inspections.

If you need to see more of the difference between the two parties there are over 100 of them here; https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

These were all deliberate watering down protections not only for the environment but your children and workers that had only one benefit, that of profits for the businesses involved.

But there is a difference Spacey, I notice you never addressed this, over a hundred instances compiled by the New York Times of Trump reversing Obama attempts at legislating or doing ruinous stupid shit to your country.

« Reply #2179 on: February 23, 2024, 01:53:47 AM »

Yeah, yeah.  But at the end of the day

U.S. oil production hit a record under Biden. He seldom mentions it.

You won’t hear President Biden talking about it much, but a key record has been broken during his watch: The United States is producing more oil than any country ever has.

The flow of huge amounts of crude from American producers is playing a big role in keeping prices down at the pump, diminishing the geopolitical power of OPEC and taming inflation. The average price of a gallon of regular gasoline nationwide has dropped to close to $3, and analysts project it could stay that way leading up to the presidential election, potentially assuaging the economic anxieties of swing-state voters who will be crucial to Biden’s hopes of a second term.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/31/us-oil-production-has-hit-record-under-biden-he-hardly-mentions-it/

Biden might be good for the northern spotted owl or whatever, but at the end of the day America is pumping more hydrocarbons that ever before.  More than any country has ever produced in history.

He's in a weird place in that this stuff would probably do well the swing voters he needs, but would be toxic to his younger base.  So he just doesn't mention it.

So, while a democrat might be better for (some) workers rights and local environments, in terms of long term global warming, it doesn't matter who you vote for.  The spice must flow!
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Lorddave

« Reply #2180 on: February 23, 2024, 02:33:37 AM »

You won’t hear President Biden talking about it much, but a key record has been broken during his watch: The United States is producing more oil than any country ever has.

The flow of huge amounts of crude from American producers is playing a big role in keeping prices down at the pump, diminishing the geopolitical power of OPEC and taming inflation. The average price of a gallon of regular gasoline nationwide has dropped to close to $3, and analysts project it could stay that way leading up to the presidential election, potentially assuaging the economic anxieties of swing-state voters who will be crucial to Biden’s hopes of a second term.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/31/us-oil-production-has-hit-record-under-biden-he-hardly-mentions-it/

Biden might be good for the northern spotted owl or whatever, but at the end of the day America is pumping more hydrocarbons that ever before.  More than any country has ever produced in history.

He's in a weird place in that this stuff would probably do well the swing voters he needs, but would be toxic to his younger base.  So he just doesn't mention it.

So, while a democrat might be better for (some) workers rights and local environments, in terms of long term global warming, it doesn't matter who you vote for.  The spice must flow!

Impossible!  Gas prices are high and that means Biden must be pumping out less oil because I don't understand economics!!!

Norway does the same.  We're pushing to get away from fossil fuels while pumping out 25% of our national income with them.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #2181 on: February 23, 2024, 03:30:32 AM »

Jesus fucking christ Jimmy, stop being the tail chasing clever clogs for a minute, I’ve said countless times I know who is behind the vast majority of politicians and what they are in it for and it’s getting boring having to caveat everything just in case some bright spark comes in with “ah but they do this”, it’s a given.
What I am trying to point out is that if you look at those 100 plus things that Trump did or rescinded there is a clear winner in the bastard of the month stakes, none of those things can be defended as anything other than naked capitalism at the expense of his own country and people. And that is without his stance on women and his clear homosexual infatuation with Putin.

If there is a hope of anything improving after the next election then does it seem likely that it will come from the corner that trashed environmental safeguards, allowed the continuation of a pesticide that no other western nation allows because of its effects on the unborn, who had his lacky at the NOAA ban anybody from mentioning there might be a link between hurricane propagation and warming seas and encourages Russia to punish European countries that don’t pay their dues to NATO.

This is not me saying Biden is a saviour of the free world, just the better option of the two choices available FFS.

« Reply #2182 on: February 23, 2024, 04:24:42 AM »

2 things.
The war machine requires oil.
Id be concerned if wwiii is coming up.

The reserves need to be refilled.
He unleashed some reserves to balance the pircing.

Oh three thungs   yes spice must flow.
Hahah
Even the emproer has bosses.
COP is a sham.

« Reply #2183 on: February 23, 2024, 04:27:48 AM »

Jesus fucking christ Jimmy, stop being the tail chasing clever clogs for a minute, I’ve said countless times I know who is behind the vast majority of politicians and what they are in it for and it’s getting boring having to caveat everything just in case some bright spark comes in with “ah but they do this”, it’s a given.
What I am trying to point out is that if you look at those 100 plus things that Trump did or rescinded there is a clear winner in the bastard of the month stakes, none of those things can be defended as anything other than naked capitalism at the expense of his own country and people. And that is without his stance on women and his clear homosexual infatuation with Putin.

If there is a hope of anything improving after the next election then does it seem likely that it will come from the corner that trashed environmental safeguards, allowed the continuation of a pesticide that no other western nation allows because of its effects on the unborn, who had his lacky at the NOAA ban anybody from mentioning there might be a link between hurricane propagation and warming seas and encourages Russia to punish European countries that don’t pay their dues to NATO.

This is not me saying Biden is a saviour of the free world, just the better option of the two choices available FFS.

No
Biden pretends to be nice.
Dont trust the nice

https://youtube.com/shorts/HrWykJs-D6E?si=6V_eilKtVBMq7lwA

« Reply #2184 on: February 23, 2024, 06:19:01 AM »

Jesus fucking christ Jimmy, stop being the tail chasing clever clogs for a minute,
Says he...

I’ve said countless times I know who is behind the vast majority of politicians and what they are in it for and it’s getting boring having to caveat everything just in case some bright spark comes in with “ah but they do this”, it’s a given.
Doing exactly the opposite of what you claim is not a caveat.  Biden just makes performative gestures about about global warming while the USA actually pumps more hydrocarbons than ever.  Trump is the same, just without the performative gestures.  Or maybe performative gestures to his base.

The 100 things is pure gish gallop, I'm not going through every one and I certainly don't trust the NYT.  I will ask this though - how many has Biden reversed?  How many new protections has he put in?

Now don't get me wrong, I'd easily prefer Biden's corpse in the White House to a living Trump.  Just on his policy to Ukraine would do it for me, aside from everything else.  Biden would undoubtedly be better for wolves, owls, plastic bottles in parks etc in America (though I suspect most of this stuff is very marginal in the long run).    However it won't make any difference who you vote for in terms of global warming.  Biden just makes a few vague gestures and that's about it.  Realistically no politician who promises the massive economic and social changes required to drastically reduce global CO2 output is going to get anywhere near high office. No matter how many Americans tick "I care about global warming" on some survey.

Of course I think he's the better choice (though still fucking terrible), but this is a thread about Biden, the Trump one is just nearby.  The big question is can he win?  If he keeps going like this and Trump gets in then it's all on his head.  He's had chances to build a new candidate but wanted to be a two term candidate despite being 157, because his ego dictated it and the Democrat part is run too much like an aristocracy to do anything about it.   

"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

« Reply #2185 on: February 23, 2024, 06:40:24 AM »
Gishgalkop is bad faith to flood the opponent with misinformation pf herrings that is impossible to go through.

It is rhe 100000doc of affidavits by election denialists and counter suits to prevent any actual argument of the point atbhand.

Just because you have a lot, doesnt mean any are creidtble.
Qty over quality?

But if the point at hand is evil vs lesser evil, then the 100:1 is valid.
Because the 100 are factual.

Unless you dint believe the 100 are factual....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:42:01 AM by Themightykabool »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2186 on: February 23, 2024, 07:12:40 AM »

But there is a difference Spacey, I notice you never addressed this, over a hundred instances compiled by the New York Times of Trump reversing Obama attempts at legislating or doing ruinous stupid shit to your country.

I didn't address it because you are copy/pasting instead of conversating (I know, not a word, IT SHOULD BE).

You don't have to convince me that Trump is bad. I already know he is bad. You guys get angry when I try to show you that they're all bad. Oh no, both sides! You can't both sides!  You guys ridicule what I say when I put the welfare of women and children above that of fucking owls. You belittle my opinions on the trans issue by saying there's not that many of them to worry about (then why has the entire western world changed laws, teach it in schools,  and started pretending they don't know what a woman is?). Your part of the world is busy trying to enact "hate speech" laws (see Ireland), they do not hesitate to arrest women for mean tweets, etc. I would like that to not happen here.

If Biden does this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/comment/2024/02/21/joe-biden-un-human-rights-title-ix-womens-sports-trans/   Here's an archive https://archive.ph/Qdmv0  I will vote for the devil before ever voting for him, or any Dem who supports this. It is that important to me.  This is why I keep joking about Vivek. I will find someone to write in, if I have to. My one vote will not make any difference to anyone but me.

At least Jimmy gets what I mean. He has disagreed with me on some things, but when he argues it's easy to understand why we disagree, and sometimes it changes my opinion.

I also think it is very healthy for us to examine the narrative the media wants us to believe. Thanks to COVID and Twitter, the facade of trustworthiness has crumbled. I wish I could still believe everything published by the NYT.

Weirdly, I think I got the gist of some of kabool's posts. I think I agree with some of it. lol

« Reply #2187 on: February 23, 2024, 08:31:42 AM »
well i appreciate the shoutout.
it shows good faith amongst the (deserved underserved) ribbing.

a break from the "rib jobs" if you will.

happy friday, internet friends!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #2188 on: February 23, 2024, 08:51:20 AM »

I happen to believe Owls deserve more than people, happy Friday from friends of the owls.